I want a troll with a massive 2 handed hammer or axe - whats the best class to choose

B

bergelmir

As title :) I wanna be a troll with big weapons, whats the best class to go for? And how to spec - spec at creation too.

Thankyouuuu

O

old.willowywicca

best would be a troll savage probably, not sure of specs tho sorry

W

worfen

agreed, 2h troll savage... my guess would be to max axe and put rest in savagery.. if it's really a 2h troll you want =)

K

Kindar

Savage is the best class...perhaps.

Although you can try a warrior too....with their damage added, chain armor ability and the more hp than savages....it can become quite a strong char too.

A good spec could be 50 of weapon choice, 42 shield for slam and 39 parry...

W

worfen

An even better spec would be 50 weapon, 50 shield, 26 parry =)

R

Repent Reloaded

I'd make a troll warrior, max shield and put the rest into ur weapon, any tank that spec's shield will rip apart any 2-h savage, with a warrior u can use a weapon, shield, parry, more hp, more stren, more af and better moves (i.e. Slam)

C

~Clarky~

Troll Savage , 50sword/42savagery rest parry :] ragnarok is very nice style from behind.

Or 44hammer/42savagery rest parry <-- good for PvE etc

Or do a skald like me ;] nothing like a big troll with an Axe running at speed 5 towards casters :>

V

vindicat0r

Savages can get just as much HP as warriors

savage fully buffd = 2.4k hps with SC etc etc , as can a warrior.

2h Troll savage will be nerd'd.

I agree, go Troll Warrior full spec shield + weapon

Sword would be best as u get reganok an uber rear style.

put 0 pts into quick btw so u can frontload ur dmg imo ^^

C

Coim-

sklad

2h hammer skald for teh win!

i solo'd to 20 in under 14 hours as 2h hammer sklad then grouped to 23, then did thid keep take quest for 24, then rule thid, thats the easy way :bazbeer:

O

old.Sko

troll 2h hammer savage - 50 hammer/42 savagery/rest parry
why hammer - conquer has snare component (back style) thus it compensates for lack of prevent flight. If you want to go axe - make split spec dorf - 44 axe/35 hth/34 sav/rest parry

C

cougar-

44 hammer 49 savagery. 50 hammer style is useless and you want best haste.

A

assmonkey

are infiltrators any good i was lookn into them

R

raised

Originally posted by Repent Reloaded
I'd make a troll warrior, max shield and put the rest into ur weapon, any tank that spec's shield will rip apart any 2-h savage, with a warrior u can use a weapon, shield, parry, more hp, more stren, more af and better moves (i.e. Slam)
well since warriors can max 2 specc lines it seems a bit doubtfull to tell the poor sod to max shield and rest in weapon?? the most common thingy is to max shield and weapon and the rest in parry imo...

C

chunky

Im a Troll Warior 50 Axe 42 Sheild 39 parry,
In combat, go in use Slam, switch to 2H and slap'em. I love the spec and have been happy with it for over a year now :)

Also duel'd many 2H savages and not lost one yet ^^

R

raer

Originally posted by raised
well since warriors can max 2 specc lines it seems a bit doubtfull to tell the poor sod to max shield and rest in weapon?? the most common thingy is to max shield and weapon and the rest in parry imo...

I think he meant while levelling.

S

smerf

Id go for a troll warrior. Mainly as warriors are pretty safe safe from the dredded nerf bat, savages are not. Savages are also tough as hell to level when done from scratch.

S

svartmetall

Troll...put 10 each into Str, Con, and Dex when you roll the character.

If Savage, aim for a final spec of 50 Hammer (or Axe or Sword), 42 Savagery, anything left into Parry. You will be insane dmg dealer.

If Warrior, aim for final spec of 50 Hammer (or Axe or Sword), 50 Shield, 28 Parry. You won't have QUITE the dmg output of a 2H Savage, but you will have all that Shield has to offer, as well as much better armour, with greater utility overall as a class, too.

C

cleeve

I'm levelling a troll warrior right now

Two hand axe atm - but I will prolly shift to Hammer at 50. The warrior is a great class imo, and with lots of ppl rolling savages badly overlooked. Higher WS than any other class in the game, Loads of hits, Ability to frontload damage to an extent only matched by firbies (Who have less ws)...

I play a pally on excal (in the final grind to 50 now) yet my level 17 troll still makes me smile with pleasure when he hits yellows for massive amounts of damage compared to my pally (or my spear hero) before that.

C
(isquish people on midgard/pryd)

L

Laroma

That explains the slightly confused looking troll in cloth armour running at mach 5 with a staff on his back. :p

D

Damon_D

Originally posted by Belsameth
that's what he said, Skald :p

yeah true full dark spec for the best dmg add , points in dex for uber staff dmg frontload pwning , run buff ( not march 5 but hey you get a self bt so you got better defence than the skald has )

V

vindicat0r

50 Throwing Specced Troll Warrior's are the lasted Fotm's I hear .......... they 1 shot every class in the game in 1.4 secs .... sure narrowly beatin savages but your a Troll damn it !! :D :D

K

Krakatau

Do it the hard way- autotrain a warrior to lvl 44 and you'll have 31 parry, 50 weapon and 50 shield ;)

Users who are viewing this thread