Whats the best way to make money

W

Whoodoo_RD

Firstly Id suggest you stop alting, and oncentrate on one char. Level him to about 24-25 then get some groups in df and kill kill kill.

My huntress made a load of brass in DF solo, killing for cash and seals, buying gear and salvaging it for materials to either craft with or sell.

As for the cash system being crap ches, not true. We all started with nout when the game went live, we all made it to 50 the same way, hard graft and a lot of begging and had-me-downs. But crafting from a low level is not a good idea, waiting till you can get into DF or vaulrvhamn where the cash is reasonable is far better.

C

CliffyG

At 36 now and have about 500 gold to spend, got most of my cash from DF and the Barrows, plus a little helper from a guild member. I'll have to pull my finger out and get some frating done now haven't done any for ages.

O

old.chesnor

Originally posted by Whoodoo_RD
As for the cash system being crap ches, not true. We all started with nout when the game went live, we all made it to 50 the same way, hard graft and a lot of begging and had-me-downs. But crafting from a low level is not a good idea, waiting till you can get into DF or vaulrvhamn where the cash is reasonable is far better.

You said it there though. The cash system IS crap, because you cannot equip your character properly UNLESS you get hand-me-downs. It is just not possible to level efficiently AND keep yourself in good equipment unless you get donations.

You either have to farm for drops/cash, and take the crap exp OR play for great exp and accept that the drops won't be that good. There are very few exceptions to this when levelling.

Most people will farm solo, because it is the most efficient way. But the exp sucks. Get into DF groups, and the amount of seals you get will go down, but the exp goes up.

Like, get into a DF group on fiends when lvl2x, and you might get a few emeralds ever half hour, but the exp will be nice. Kill necros solo and you'll get more gold/seals, but your exp will suck.

My point stands, the amount of gold you earn going about your business is wrong. At low levels, you do not naturally earn enough to equip yourself properly. After about lvl30, most chars are normally stinking rich and have little or no problems, only finding 'uber' equipment load outs. Under 30 the problem is often struggling to find equipment for your char that isn't blue cons or worse. It is obviously much easier if you are in a large guild, but if you don't have that benefit, equipping your character adequatley only get easy after about the 30-35th level, until then its a challenge.

The proof of this is a quick wander arounf Thidranki. Spot the non-twinked char. Oh, there isn't one. Even if you are anti-twink and prefer to do it yourself, it is very, very hard to equip yourself well at lvl24 without twinked items or a hefty cash injection from friends/alts.

O

old.Charonel

if i had to start from scratch again i'd make a mana chanter and solo fast as hell to lvl 30, then just keep it for farming cash.

by that time you should have more than enough to roll any char you fancy, and a manachanter wont take long to level with, kinda sucks if you play another realm though :p

B

Brunore

Actually you dont need any hand outs from anyone to have a good character.

Just do quests for items, you get xp, usually 100% items and cash.

I did this all the way up to level 25ish then I farmed DF for cash and seals to get new items.

Just look for the quests that give good items, with Brunore I have done over 45 quests.

http://daoc.warcry.com < everything you need is there.

I have probably had 4 things given to Brunore, 2 hammers from quests that I was going to do anyway so I just got them a little early, 1 sheild that dropped for a guildmate in spin that he gave to me as it was no use to him and 1 chain vest, again from a quest I did anyway.

People beg because its easy to, if low levels ask me for cash I ask what its for, if its is armour/weapons then make the armour/weapons for them.

C

cougar-

i had AF2 (connla dropped cloth) all the way to 50 on pvp, and then i swapped to epicarmor, didnt have a singel magic item exept my staff and melancholic cloak. So u dont need g00d itams to get 50, bit differant for tanks tho ;)

M

mid_Efour

in midgard u are basically a fool if u buy armour after lvl 15, theres so many OTD and quests that you dont need to, I am not sure why people get so paranoid when there equipment went blue or even green, u have to remmber alot of the otd`s 100% qual far outclass even an orange items effective AF. my advice is DO quests and OTDs BEFORE YOU think about Buying NEW armour, shit i remmber at lvl 15 farming willows for 4 hours to scare enought for a hauberk then did my 15 epic and got a 100% uber stat epic part 1 bit... Also theres a bit around lvl 24 where u think ohoh i need Mithril sleeves now, so u save up 60 gold only to find a OTD in about 1 lvls time.... dont waste ur cash on Armour but DO get REALLy nice player crafted weapons, they really really help alot

Users who are viewing this thread