best way to group

Z

zedmother

Could sombody tell me the best way to start/join a group please? I have tried flagging myself as "single looking for group" but that never yielded any results.
I am mainly looking for groups in SI.

U

uglymug

try clicking the find button .. a window should put up displaying all the different groups and soloers also flagged as "looking for group" ..it will tell you their lvl and locatioon and an easy way to contact them

otherwise..find out what are the popular spots to lvl at your specific lvl (like if yer a lvl20 mid...try the vendo caves) and just approach the people already there

L

Lorthania

Originally posted by zedmother
Could sombody tell me the best way to start/join a group please? I have tried flagging myself as "single looking for group" but that never yielded any results.
I am mainly looking for groups in SI.

What the above post says:

- Contact group leaders who are looking for members, as they will rarely contact you if you're not one of those chars a group can't do without (e.g. cleric). Don't spam them if they don't reply immediately, they are probably in battle.

- Go to the places where groups form. e.g. In Albion, try PKB for lower lvls, Barrows for higher lvls. In SI, Gothwaite and Wearyall are good places, although I've always found it harder to find grps here. Make it clear you are lfg tho (yell!), otherwise they'll think you are just waiting for someone :)

- Contact other solo'ers if you think you can make a nice duo or small group - no need to make a full group, four ppl can xp very nicely and you can always pick up other members later on.

- Try joining a guild that does PvE hunts - good fun and the best way to show off that glowy staff :p.

- When you have found a group, do your share of the work and be nice to grp members - this has to come from both sides ofc. If ppl know you and they know you do your job, it makes it easier to find grps later on.

Good luck :)

Lorth

O

old.Sandariel

/agree with Lorth... just wanted to add:
Be nice and watch your language ;)

Standing next to a group /yelling "LFG PLZ!!" will NOT get you a group :) Saw that all the time in Avalon City.
/sending a group leader with a "got room in group plz" doesn't work that good either.

Don't use leet speak and add all needed info when /sending someone, like "Hello there, any chance you got a spot in your group for a lvl 34 cleric?" and your chances to get a group just raised by... a lot. ;)

Once you get to know some people and they like you, you might even get PMs when logging in, offering you a group. Oh and make sure you tell your group when you go afk ;)

C

cHodAX

Totally agree sand, I rarely group anyone who spams 'LFG PLZ' but I always try help out the polite people.

A

Aoln

Make a female cleric, get the best looking model possible, run up to a group without any leggings on and ask for a group pretending to be female irl. ;)

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by Aoln
Make a female cleric, get the best looking model possible, run up to a group without any leggings on and ask for a group pretending to be female irl. ;)

Just like Aoln does IRL down the local tranny bar :p

L

Lorthania

Originally posted by old.cHodAX
Totally agree sand, I rarely group anyone who spams 'LFG PLZ' but I always try help out the polite people.

I, of course, totally assumed that all ppl playing DAoC are well-mannered and know how to behave :).

Which brings me to another point: if you are in a group that misbehaves, consider if it's worth staying... e.g if the group fights in a camped spot and starts slagging the other players, their behaviour will reflect on you, even if you do not participate.

Again, if ppl know they can trust you, you'll get more invites. If ppl think you are an arse (excusez le mot :) ), you'll find it harder to get good grps.

I personally play DAoC for fun, not to argue, and although I will not let my group down just like that, I won't let it spoil my evening either.

(plz discuss, this is just my humble opinion)

Lorth

S

suliven

And don't do what one idiot did to my group the other day when he got p***ed off in DF when we wouldn't go where he wanted - he ran off and pulled the toughest mobs plus adds, then sat down and logged while the rest of us slogged it out (thankfully all just about survived).

Needless to say he won't be invited to any group I or any of my fellow group members are in again (I hope you're reading this Macaroni.....):wall:

B

BlitheringIdiot

Personally I think the most important thing is to be very good at getting rejected. As a skald I was one of those classes that wasnt exactly hated by a group but they didnt need me either.

When you ask to join and they are full or in need of a different class just say something like 'Ah ok, no problem and good luck!'. Then usually you get an invite as soon as a space is available. Manners give lots of xp.

Its even more important at higher levels where you see the same people quite a lot, they will remember you and invite you over another player of similar class.

Users who are viewing this thread