what's the best setup for a fg grp in rvr atm?

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Requiem was one of the laughable guilds on the Euro PvP server, ganking lowbie expers all the time on and crying on their own forums of how they got a bad reputation and how the server died and how they never had anything to do with it, how they were always nice and so on. :mad:

Septina

Part of the furniture
Requiem was one of the laughable guilds on the Euro PvP server, ganking lowbie expers all the time on and crying on their own forums of how they got a bad reputation and how the server died and how they never had anything to do with it, how they were always nice and so on. :mad:

Sounds like a certain sorc + di bot, sorry, i mean sorc with cleric friend that is indeed an active player on Dyvet. :O

liloe

It's my birthday today!
vamps have an insanely big weakness which is the fact secondary resists are bugged in the current patch, possibly the next one too. secondary resists are supposed to have no influence at all on cc duration, but actually they increase it.

== 1.5-2 minute root and mezz sometimes, and no possibility to get det

a really good player will know how to get cc'd on purpose on a really good location to get immunity/easy cures, but then again really good groups will know this too

crush bm with open mainhands (2x spirit legendary for albs with friar, 2x matter legendary for everything else when dpsing, ml10 + traitors in most situations) + champ really is the most effective tankduo in hib

bard/nurtdruid/natdruid/warden is in my eyes the best support these days - 2x nurt druid works fine too but lately i prefer second one being nat

then champ/chanter/eld/menta is probably the most effective, but a lot of "us" favoring 2/2 hybrids bm/champ/chanter/eld is the way to go

depending on opposition on the server you can swap menta for eld

Honestly, I think Nat druid sucked after the introduction of ToA. Nature means that you have non-capped bases, unless you're RR24 :p and then you have no specs, so either you run d/q charges, or you can be sheared which absolutely sucks as druid. I did the whole nat-druid thing, but that's what always sucked for me.

The 2nd resist problem with vamps is really a bad thing, especially vs. root when you stand there and the rest of the group gets kited. But if you manage to avoid that problem somehow, a dem vamp offers a lot of good possibilites within a group.

Animist is also one of the really underrated classes. Not many groups run one, but I think they're insane. Backloaded damage which you can self-debuff, the snare pet, the root shrooms, spammable BT for ppl under tank assist train, fastest AE root in the game (interrupt ftw) and LT on energy dmg, which ppl seldom imbue.

But…why crush spec on BM? Personally I'm a big supporter of pierce spec on BM's…or even pierce/crush splitspec.

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Honestly, I think Nat druid sucked after the introduction of ToA. Nature means that you have non-capped bases, unless you're RR24 :p and then you have no specs, so either you run d/q charges, or you can be sheared which absolutely sucks as druid. I did the whole nat-druid thing, but that's what always sucked for me.

The 2nd resist problem with vamps is really a bad thing, especially vs. root when you stand there and the rest of the group gets kited. But if you manage to avoid that problem somehow, a dem vamp offers a lot of good possibilites within a group.

Animist is also one of the really underrated classes. Not many groups run one, but I think they're insane. Backloaded damage which you can self-debuff, the snare pet, the root shrooms, spammable BT for ppl under tank assist train, fastest AE root in the game (interrupt ftw) and LT on energy dmg, which ppl seldom imbue.

But…why crush spec on BM? Personally I'm a big supporter of pierce spec on BM's…or even pierce/crush splitspec.

Crush spec for the best spd on LWs and ML 10 wep

Animist is a UBER class but like 1 on 1000 players can play it to its potential, when we rolled at limors at first we wanted ani nuke MA+eldy util+assist but i wasnt confident enough about playing a ani so we went with a pulse bain instead

Nat druid can be rly good but like u say shears can be a problem, i dont even try and shear druids on my shammy tho on support i go for is a rr 12 cleric whom i know is 50 heal spec

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie

played replacement in what is now the only hib group left on temair both on nurt druid, nat druid and some other classes but i can really say nat druid is more effective. but its also partly a preference thing, so whatever :p - oh and yes, that nat druid is r12 so it has capped bases (with two switched items, but they are only for self before and after fights)

crush bm - as valk said, 4.2 spd on legendaries and ml10 vs 3.7 on slash.. the difference in dps is huge

ani - yes, its <3 in combination with eld really, especially because resistpiercing doesn't have the 10% cap on bombers (not sure when this gets 'fixed' though)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
40 reg 36 nat rest nurt i believe, one swappable item to cap 25% bb, another item to add some +nurt skill or bases wont cap. 25% spelldur in template for <3

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
40 reg 36 nat rest nurt i believe, one swappable item to cap 25% bb, another item to add some +nurt skill or bases wont cap. 25% spelldur in template for <3

I was under the impression that to get bases to cap you needed 30 composite + 25% buffbonus.

On my pac healer I needed 19 + 11 aug (+25% bb) to cap all bases.

I haven't tried on my druid but he is rr9 so I get a free +8, with a crafted hauberk you can get another +3 for free.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture

Well, a rooted vamp can also spam 1500 range interruptable claw DD so i guess its not completely useless even when rooted :p

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
I was under the impression that to get bases to cap you needed 30 composite + 25% buffbonus.

On my pac healer I needed 19 + 11 aug (+25% bb) to cap all bases.

I haven't tried on my druid but he is rr9 so I get a free +8, with a crafted hauberk you can get another +3 for free.

never took the time to find out how it works exactely, the bases arent capped exactely thinking about it - but its like 2 or 3 off.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
I had been think of trying either:

36 nature, 34 healing, 21 buff - perfector
32 nature, 40 - 42 healing, rest buff - convoker

They allow to cap bases easily, in one case you miss out on ML9 pet (and speedwarp although someone else in group will surely have that). In the other you miss out on ae insta root. Not sure if they are worth the sacrifice in order to cap buffs easily.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
crush bm - as valk said, 4.2 spd on legendaries and ml10 vs 3.7 on slash.. the difference in dps is huge

ani - yes, its <3 in combination with eld really, especially because resistpiercing doesn't have the 10% cap on bombers (not sure when this gets 'fixed' though)

Ah ok, that sounds like an argument with the speed. I must say I play classic now, so that's not such a big thing for me then =)

EDIT: I thought crush/pierce splitspec cause of the dmg tables, so pierce vs. healers and some tanks, crush vs. tanks +friars. I did hammer/sword spec on my classic zerk and I really liked it, as I mostly used LA styles anyway.

Ani with eld works ok, but anis can debuff their own damage and with RR7 (never managed to get RR8 cause of the declining polulation :( ) the verdant nuke has low variance and the advantage of a rather long-duration body-debuff (lower % ofc). Also with self assisting I never found having no debuff so bad. The problem with void eld is - imho - that except for the debuffs the spec isn't that solid, so you'd really need a fixed team for that.

Gearing up an animist on classic/US atm, cause I simply love the class (and I think it's the class I manage to play best :p )

Meril

Fledgling Freddie
Have to totally disagree on animist, a really good solo caster in a group playing vs poor players but otherwise its quite useless.

Start with the fact that celt is the best race and the fact they dont get dex as they level up and it doesnt get any better.

Animists are limited to 1500 range as well, the nuke hits hard but you have to have a gimped group to debuff it which lowers the appeal.

So when you start nuking someone unless they are blind they will notice by the time the second bomber has been cast. You will get 1 more off, 2 if your lucky before they are out of range and kiteing the bombers and calling for heals which the healers can judge when are going to hit and heal accordingly.

The only time you will be able to get enough off to kill something is when the enemy makes a big mistake.

The only decent thing on an animist is the 1.5s ae root

When you have Chanter & Eld / Chanter & Ment or all 3 there is never a situation where you should take an animist. I dont think i need to dicuss why they are a far better choice.

Brite

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
and I don't think you have had the experience of competitive 8vs8 the past ~years in which you have seen an animist in its full potential. not to be rude, but isn't this true?

and liloe, I'm not talking about a fking void eld :D light ofcourse, mana is ok too. you should have seen the hib group in action who used ani/lighteld and you would change your opinion in a flash.

Rigga Mortice

Fledgling Freddie
That was the problem we had as a tank grp vs hibs tho as our dmg is a bit slow and with all those rezzers/healers it was very hard for us to lock all support down to ensure we killed stuff. Worked well vs most grps but when u face the best high ranked grp we struggled with the dps to drop stuff fast enough, same story for the new fotm alb setup with the friar hot+heal proc melee immunity rr 5s.

It wasn't really about struggling dps-wise with a pure tank group, it's more the fact that the dps a very one-dimensional form to counter. Groups started to bring out more shield users, 2 (sometimes 3) BGers, aswell as the usual BoF etc and then it starts to get challenging.

No one would make a pure tank group to be optimal though, they'd do it 'cos it's fun :D Same applies in any realm, not just mid, so in hib I'd probably go nurt druid/nat druid/bard/warden/chanter/eld/champ/bm to be "stlong", but I still love my VW :p

I thought your vamp was looking a bit pale and malnourished, Lethul ;)

Rigga Mortice

Fledgling Freddie
Actually, I'd probably make a druid/druid/bard/warden/chanter/eld/ani/menta kite group listen to ze whine :D Yes you can out run the bomber pets but meantime their group are getting distance between you and them ;)

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Actually, I'd probably make a druid/druid/bard/warden/chanter/eld/ani/menta kite group listen to ze whine :D Yes you can out run the bomber pets but meantime their group are getting distance between you and them ;)

Sign me up for ani spot tbh ! :D

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
and I don't think you have had the experience of competitive 8vs8 the past ~years in which you have seen an animist in its full potential. not to be rude, but isn't this true?

and liloe, I'm not talking about a fking void eld :D light ofcourse, mana is ok too. you should have seen the hib group in action who used ani/lighteld and you would change your opinion in a flash.

Nope thats the thing, ppl just see anis in the zerg and think oh yeah a good siege class/add/leech etc and never see em in 8v8 grps.
It is a very hard class to master, i for 1 think myself a good caster player but im not confident enough to even try and play an ani in a 8v8 grp cause there are so damn many options at all times. Like u have GT shrooms that do dmg, that root, u have aoe root, u have bobers, u have lifetap to cast to time once ur bombers hit. In short a very solid class but few master it:)

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Dunno how u rank them vs other hib casters in this fg stuff, but they good enuff to earn a spot imo anyhow. I know on mine saw plenty of players in good grps (well best ones at the time running on english cluster, which might not say much) get killed by an unoticed bomber dump and stacking lifetap on it, even if grp the animist was in was rubbish and not putting much pressure on support. ofc you *can* kite off the pets if not rooted, but then they're out of the fight for the duration.

Anyhow, what I *do* know they're easy the most fun caster to play once you've played a vanilla one, either in grps, solo whatever. The backloaded damage, laying traps, putting down different shrooms, pwning opted casters who think ur a tank and don't even try getting the jump. Really, toonwise, most thing I regret about english cluster going down the toilet is not being able to play the animist.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Dunno how u rank them vs other hib casters in this fg stuff, but they good enuff to earn a spot imo anyhow. I know on mine saw plenty of players in good grps (well best ones at the time running on english cluster, which might not say much) get killed by an unoticed bomber dump and stacking lifetap on it, even if grp the animist was in was rubbish and not putting much pressure on support. ofc you *can* kite off the pets if not rooted, but then they're out of the fight for the duration.

Anyhow, what I *do* know they're easy the most fun caster to play once you've played a vanilla one, either in grps, solo whatever. The backloaded damage, laying traps, putting down different shrooms, pwning opted casters who think ur a tank and don't even try getting the jump. Really, toonwise, most thing I regret about english cluster going down the toilet is not being able to play the animist.

I miss that Firb with the pointy hat too!

liloe

It's my birthday today!

Ah ok =) There was lots of talking about debuffing, so I immediately tought "void eld" =) In fact I do think that light eld is a good addon with ani.

And Brite, you can't simply outkite bombers. Anis get a root and you have to know how to play. If you put bombers on casters they're out of combat, cause run+cast doesn't really work that well :p
You can also bomber inc tanks and now don't say charge, cause you can't use charge if you're snared.
It really sux hard that once I started to run more often on animist, Dyvet died for good, cause I had started to make a video :( Some time I will make a multi-vid as Dyvet-goodbye and it will include animist and you'll see that even good players can fall to bombers if you work correctly.

Celt as race isn't as bad as you think. Sure, I have dex4 to make up for not being an elf, but I have some extra hits and in wolf form I'm not the first one being spotted as caster, combined wih the very unnoticable casting animation. So depending on the situation I can manage to get off a few casts before I need the cure NS =)

You are a Boney, so that's much different from animist. You can push easier than I can, so I try to play very defensive and most often I find myself nuking the tanks or trying to put pressure on offensive shammys who run in and MoC-shear.

I really hope classic-US lasts longer, so I actually manage to get more clips of ani-fights =)) Especially the new 2.8bomber speed is tasty =)

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Maeloch managed well enough on his Firbie animist to show that Dex wasn't the be all & end all. Tended to be in our more pug'ish outings so how good it would have been in a opt'd group is something we'll never know now that Dyvet has no population worth logging on an opt'd fg for.

Meril

Fledgling Freddie

I managed to peruade people to play my animist a few times in groups. Its a fun class to play no doubt and thats why i wanted to play it. But the bombers are just too easy to negate. Yes they can stack damage but it requires a stun/root (or mezz) to pull it off, coming from ani / slam tank. But when you do pull it off things do drop instantly, with light eld i imagine it would be nice with str/con + con debuff on a target that could be sheared aswell
Playing vs Maelstrom/ Groove type mix groups i was kept under control quite easily. Guess with the group i was in though i didnt have anyone working with me so i can see how it would work but the utility from running other caster classes makes me wonder if its worth it for the burst dps.

And Brite, you can't simply outkite bombers. Anis get a root and you have to know how to play. If you put bombers on casters they're out of combat, cause run+cast doesn't really work that well :p
You can also bomber inc tanks and now don't say charge, cause you can't use charge if you're snared.
It really sux hard that once I started to run more often on animist, Dyvet died for good, cause I had started to make a video :( Some time I will make a multi-vid as Dyvet-goodbye and it will include animist and you'll see that even good players can fall to bombers if you work correctly.

You can kite them away from the where you would be in danger and the delay in hitting allows you to call for heals and as your kiting them the damage is more spread out

Celt as race isn't as bad as you think. Sure, I have dex4 to make up for not being an elf, but I have some extra hits and in wolf form I'm not the first one being spotted as caster, combined wih the very unnoticable casting animation. So depending on the situation I can manage to get off a few casts before I need the cure NS =)

My Celt Animist, pretty sure it was 15 dex creation with dex4 was still around 368 dex iirc. My luri eld having around 396 with dex3. Difference is immense and luri is much easier to go unnoticed with as people will know your name if you play vs them regularly anyway. If your playing defensive as a celt you will get ranged interrupts spammed on you still as you look like support

You are a Boney, so that's much different from animist. You can push easier than I can, so I try to play very defensive and most often I find myself nuking the tanks or trying to put pressure on offensive shammys who run in and MoC-shear.

Completely different class I don't know why you brought this up.

When i saw you running about on your animist there wasn't much action around then really so not much to test the class. Animist is great to play vs poor players.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Brite was busy zerging and adding with his caster group in Emain by the time when some popular groups ran up to two Animists with success.

Collateral

Fledgling Freddie
currently playing with a rr10+ animist, played by a dude who knows how to play it. really rox. eld/ench/ani....my favourite setup immo caster wise.

Brackus

Fledgling Freddie
cause unless u wanna go bridge camping like the rr11 bainshees on dyvet , class is not taht good on fg vs fg (debuff nuke > bainshee dd)

Ouch.. harsh, but seriously bainshee has more to over than dd mateor.... pretty good interrupt class, even after the nerf... and with the amazing bainshee morph.... its like wow where there was some luri stood there now ... hes gone..... oh no... no..... he turned into a bainshee.... arghhh!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom