what's the best setup for a fg grp in rvr atm?

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
You don't get it, do you? He is so shit on Bard, he NEEDS a second Bard and all the other clases with mezz/demezz to make something out of the group. Besides, I don't really care who runs what, so you can call me a hypocrite as much as you want.

Talking about morons with 0 reading comprehension doesn't suit you.

Versus the caster group with two Bards I played against you didn't need a Michael Jordan-style Theurg, when I relogged to Theurg, I had pets on all 8 of you, including ice pets on the tank trying to get me and the pets didn't get cleared fast enough with so many casters. It was challenging without a Theurg but a floor wipe with one and he knows it as good as you.

One of you even said on Vent "once they log a Theurg, we're fucked". I played with Zags (the TT Theurg you refer to) quite a lot in random groups, he was even prolly in that group but not on Theurg but rather on Cleric or Sorc and for him playing a Theurg to the limit wasn't rocket surgery: he often said "I've got em all pet'ed, push and kill now".

Anyway, getting bored with this, Horner and me were better Sorcs (I'm not saying good Sorcs :p) than he on his Bard and you were only good for strafing when in group and running close to a keep/tower when solo on your Mentalist.

Made more fun to play versus Wela's light night groups too, he wasn't that kind of crying chicken like your mate turned out to be.

:worthy:

Dorimor, stop making new accounts already.

Septina

Part of the furniture
Hmm, this thread looks promising, and since they closed the last good thread this board has had for months, i'll give a helping hand.

FFS ADD WTF OMG DID U SEE THAT ZERG LAL NEWB WHO R0X?!?!? I R0X!!! etc etc. :(

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
its really funny how every single thread gets turned into a flamefest one way or another :)

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
i can't wait for WAR when the epeen threads will actually mean something.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
i can't wait for WAR when the epeen threads will actually mean something.

Aye, fucken monday morning and nothing proper to read. Give some good post-weekend threads that can carry a person up to lunchtime ;)

Killing

Fledgling Freddie
I came up with

Bard,
Bard, (heal spec) or druid
Druid,
Vamp/champ, (bl)
Enchanter,
Eld,
warden, (bg)
mot sure on last spot tho.. mabye hero or vw?

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
It seems a lot people in this thread shown a preference to vamp/champ over BM, any reason? BM seems to still be the main dps provider melee wise, unless most people prefer to give away some DPS for higher utility that vamp/champ may bring? Curious..

Saje

Loyal Freddie
I came up with

Bard,
Bard, (heal spec) or druid
Druid,
Vamp/champ, (bl)
Enchanter,
Eld,
warden, (bg)
mot sure on last spot tho.. mabye hero or vw?

Stop being on topic!

more whine pls!

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
It seems a lot people in this thread shown a preference to vamp/champ over BM, any reason? BM seems to still be the main dps provider melee wise, unless most people prefer to give away some DPS for higher utility that vamp/champ may bring? Curious..

Most opted grps dont run melee toons for dps just interupts and with only 3 BLs to interupt its seldom enough, whereas a champ and vamp has some sort of UI/insta interupts that will last thru the fight.

Same goes for mid with the valk and alb with the reaver/mincer rly:)

A BM/zerk/merc running ml 10 mh TD oh is another matter tho;)

partyanimal

Fledgling Freddie
on the other hand, vamps can train charge, so they can b uncced for 15 secs every 2 mins, but they dont have stoicism n cant train det.
champs cant train charge, they can train det but they have no stoicism.
but bm has stoicism, can train charge n det
vamp has only 1 insta bolt, all other interupts r spells casted in combat, n he needs to make dam in order to fill w power
all this is info is know, but for the sake of the argument, isnt a better interuptin tank, an uncced one?
some would even propose heavy tanks cause w det5, stoicism and lots of resists r better at this
i personally agree w staj about setup
:drink:

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
on the other hand, vamps can train charge, so they can b uncced for 15 secs every 2 mins, but they dont have stoicism n cant train det.
champs cant train charge, they can train det but they have no stoicism.
but bm has stoicism, can train charge n det
vamp has only 1 insta bolt, all other interupts r spells casted in combat, n he needs to make dam in order to fill w power
all this is info is know, but for the sake of the argument, isnt a better interuptin tank, an uncced one?
some would even propose heavy tanks cause w det5, stoicism and lots of resists r better at this
i personally agree w staj about setup
:drink:

Vamps can use the low level uninterruptable dd (not the claw) from the ve line even if they're rooted. The power needed is next to nothing. If also for a laugh you train full dem and you put some points in aom then you're impossible to get killed by casters.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
vamps have an insanely big weakness which is the fact secondary resists are bugged in the current patch, possibly the next one too. secondary resists are supposed to have no influence at all on cc duration, but actually they increase it.

== 1.5-2 minute root and mezz sometimes, and no possibility to get det

a really good player will know how to get cc'd on purpose on a really good location to get immunity/easy cures, but then again really good groups will know this too

crush bm with open mainhands (2x spirit legendary for albs with friar, 2x matter legendary for everything else when dpsing, ml10 + traitors in most situations) + champ really is the most effective tankduo in hib

bard/nurtdruid/natdruid/warden is in my eyes the best support these days - 2x nurt druid works fine too but lately i prefer second one being nat

then champ/chanter/eld/menta is probably the most effective, but a lot of "us" favoring 2/2 hybrids bm/champ/chanter/eld is the way to go

depending on opposition on the server you can swap menta for eld

Lethul

FH is my second home
vamps have an insanely big weakness which is the fact secondary resists are bugged in the current patch, possibly the next one too. secondary resists are supposed to have no influence at all on cc duration, but actually they increase it.

== 1.5-2 minute root and mezz sometimes, and no possibility to get det

a really good player will know how to get cc'd on purpose on a really good location to get immunity/easy cures, but then again really good groups will know this too

crush bm with open mainhands (2x spirit legendary for albs with friar, 2x matter legendary for everything else when dpsing, ml10 + traitors in most situations) + champ really is the most effective tankduo in hib

bard/nurtdruid/natdruid/warden is in my eyes the best support these days - 2x nurt druid works fine too but lately i prefer second one being nat

then champ/chanter/eld/menta is probably the most effective, but a lot of "us" favoring 2/2 hybrids bm/champ/chanter/eld is the way to go

depending on opposition on the server you can swap menta for eld

I would like to try bard druid druid hero bm chimp/vamp chanter menta, everyone do end pots like alb groups and bard do resist chant and hero bodyguards :) then you get some of the dps mid/alb bodyguarders have while not losing to much (bard can even ml10 hammer interrupt ppl instead of playing end)

didn't know about resist screwing root dur, you know if it gets fixed soon?

Gear

Can't get enough of FH

Ah, true I heard about that but didn't actually experience it. And yeah, the vamp solution would be not as part of a dps train, mostly as an all around interrupter (tho the power thing makes the class a bit unreliable unless you know the player etc).

Oh well, not that it really matters anymore

Lethul

FH is my second home
Ah, true I heard about that but didn't actually experience it. And yeah, the vamp solution would be not as part of a dps train, mostly as an all around interrupter (tho the power thing makes the class a bit unreliable unless you know the player etc).

Oh well, not that it really matters anymore

ah well, in dps department a VE vamp shines :p
and it matters for other servers :)

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
I would like to try bard druid druid hero bm chimp/vamp chanter menta, everyone do end pots like alb groups and bard do resist chant and hero bodyguards :) then you get some of the dps mid/alb bodyguarders have while not losing to much (bard can even ml10 hammer interrupt ppl instead of playing end)

didn't know about resist screwing root dur, you know if it gets fixed soon?

Didnt requiem run with their bard like that? every1 on end pots+champ chant and he went around and snare styled and tried to proc ml 10 thingys. And VWer is quite nice dps too and good ranged interupts+baod on a non caster:)

Lethul

FH is my second home
Didnt requiem run with their bard like that? every1 on end pots+champ chant and he went around and snare styled and tried to proc ml 10 thingys. And VWer is quite nice dps too and good ranged interupts+baod on a non caster:)

im not really educated on on guilds etc :) have no idea who requiem is but it sounds like a nice idea imho :)

where they leet? :p

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
most german bards have some kind of petprocweapon and go melee at times. im not really convinced its good to be in melee the majority of the time, but a bodyguarder can't waste his energy to bg from a bard either

and no i dont know when they will fix the secondary resists bug - and its not just root either, but all forms of castable cc.

on temair we played with vw bg instead of warden for a month or two, we needed the extra dps in the back because there are some really good hybrids that can keep chanter/menta duo interrupted for a long time. but the better solution would be to keep the warden ((easily rebuffable) resists, godly pbt, strong end redux buff so it can go offensive and use power/end leak for pbae interrupt offensively, and most of all: it can ensure slams on all tanks as soon as their immunity fades) and get an eld instead to gain the upper hand over tanks with nearsight

same story for a hero. hib neither has any useful snares to be able to play poweroffensive with the whole group nor the casters that make it worthwhile (like theurg/sorc/bd/wl) - the only way a hibgroup ever kills anything is with casters and you have to make it #1 priority they get enough windows to kill

-- and yes, requiem can be compared to AD a bit, one of the strongest hibgroups ive seen. they played with eld/ani and not chanter+something

Lethul

FH is my second home
most german bards have some kind of petprocweapon and go melee at times. im not really convinced its good to be in melee the majority of the time, but a bodyguarder can't waste his energy to bg from a bard either

and no i dont know when they will fix the secondary resists bug - and its not just root either, but all forms of castable cc.

on temair we played with vw bg instead of warden for a month or two, we needed the extra dps in the back because there are some really good hybrids that can keep chanter/menta duo interrupted for a long time. but the better solution would be to keep the warden ((easily rebuffable) resists, godly pbt, strong end redux buff so it can go offensive and use power/end leak for pbae interrupt offensively, and most of all: it can ensure slams on all tanks as soon as their immunity fades) and get an eld instead to gain the upper hand over tanks with nearsight

same story for a hero. hib neither has any useful snares to be able to play poweroffensive with the whole group nor the casters that make it worthwhile (like theurg/sorc/bd/wl) - the only way a hibgroup ever kills anything is with casters and you have to make it #1 priority they get enough windows to kill

-- and yes, requiem can be compared to AD a bit, one of the strongest hibgroups ive seen. they played with eld/ani and not chanter+something

thats the problem we have with hib aswell (imho!). if i attack a theurg and gets slammed by armsman i have a theurg nuking me and a armsman hitting me for 400-500 a pop. if the reaver gets slammed by warden he only gets nuked and its interuptable aswell. miss dps in the back as you said.

long story short, warden should get levi proc! :)

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
thats the problem we have with hib aswell (imho!). if i attack a theurg and gets slammed by armsman i have a theurg nuking me and a armsman hitting me for 400-500 a pop. if the reaver gets slammed by warden he only gets nuked and its interuptable aswell. miss dps in the back as you said.

That wouldn't make every single soloer in the game cry :>

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie

That was the problem we had as a tank grp vs hibs tho as our dmg is a bit slow and with all those rezzers/healers it was very hard for us to lock all support down to ensure we killed stuff. Worked well vs most grps but when u face the best high ranked grp we struggled with the dps to drop stuff fast enough, same story for the new fotm alb setup with the friar hot+heal proc melee immunity rr 5s.

All should be better i hope now that we have a new setup with some more ranged dps. Time to pwn lethul!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom