What was the worst RvR-based change that mythic made?

Which stands out as the most negative change mythic have made?

• Battlemaster Abilities

Votes: 13 3.4%
  • Unbalanced New Classes

Votes: 110 28.9%
  • Artifact Abilities

Votes: 20 5.2%
  • Speedwarp

Votes: 29 7.6%
  • Banelord Abilities

Votes: 28 7.3%
  • Increased Realm Points patch

Votes: 32 8.4%
  • NF Terrain (incl. Water)

Votes: 111 29.1%
  • NF Realm Abilities

Votes: 17 4.5%
  • Other (please state in your post)

Votes: 21 5.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ethild

Fledgling Freddie
Allowing people like Horner to play the game was their biggest mistake.

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
censi said:
the worst change was the introduction of clip range see hidden RA.

There was no camo for like 6 months and all assasins could see archers and mincers from full clip range stealthed. this meant you would literally arrive to an rvr area as an archer and like all the assasins in a 4000 units radius would come zooming in on you like a magnet and you would eat a PA chain and die. It was litterally genocide of the archer class.

prior to this change there was a lot of good rangers and scouts and hunters all hitting emain making good RP playing the game etc. After this change pretty much all the top rangers scouts and hunters ditched their toons and rerolled or quit.

was a complete disaster in a momumental scale and no other nerf or change can even come close as to what see hidden did to the game really.

Got to agrre with King doorsteper here tbh, see hidden will go down as one of Mythics biggest fuck ups, at the same time as SB's had insane LA damage making it suicide for archers.

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
charmangle said:
Well in my opinion its a whole series of stuff that together made up the problems daoc is experiencing today...

But one thing that is very hard to accept is the new classes they add where they feel they have to make them hugely overpowered just to get people to buy a certain expansion etc...

Heretic, Vampire, Warlock, Bainshee comes to mind...

The problem is, when intruducing a new set of characters, that you have to give the community an incentive to actually care that they excist. And its very hard to make a class interresting and not overpowered at the same time.

But, what has hurt the game in general most, (and that includes RvR), is the /level command combined with instantpop farmspots for PLing in all 3 realms. That combined with the BB issue just made it impossible for Daoc to keep the new player base up, and with the ever dwindling numbers in the player base, there just isnt much you can do to improve the game, since everything you do is based on the fact that it has to be inhabited with enough players to make it a living and breathing place.

/Charmangle

In what way is heretics owerpowered?

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
nf water, sumps and hills. Its all pure crap. To steep to climb should be removed, need to water pots removed, should remove water surface, should remove sumps(sp) ect ect ect.

Sorin

Banned
If i remember right mercs had a 12 sec ae mezz once "grapple"
/slap mythic for nerfing the mercs once again

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
I think they are mad because it makes people like Horner who plays an unbalanced class being able to RA dump on them and win without any skill.

I'm sure it takes a lot of skill to play 2 accounts, and I think you do Horner a dis-service. He was very succesful in chain ganking unbuffed rangers at the mt collory insta spawn, and reached the lofty heights of RR9 long before the easy mode RP patch!

They can be nigh on melee immune :p

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
I voted artifact abilities, because that's what comes closest to ToA in general. Cast speed etc, every stat got buffed way too high. Stupid timered OP abilities that turn you in God mode for 15-30secs every 10-15mins. Malice proc, 1 weapon that everyone needs to be able to compete (unless you're an OP class like a caster).

The last is the love that many classes have received, leaving other classes behind in the dust unable to compete at all. Probably more in the combination that I forgot to mention also.

Nelex

One of Freddy's beloved
MYTHIC GIVF ME BACK MY BANELORDS !!!

the way it is now, is one big nerf, i dont have anything now to use as the interrupter that i am. and tendrils you gotta be ***************** kiding me, that just givfs me so many chances out front. this might lead to my leaving of this ************** caster friendly game.

had to whine about this.

nel

Cloudz

Fledgling Freddie
Nerfing Tanks at every chance, Prevent Flight nerf / BL nerf / BG.
So caster heavy now

Unless they start nerfing casters or giving tanks something new to make up for the nerfs after each patch its going to be

Tank life = dead

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
hrm warlocks made the game shit for a year or so - bainshees make siege less fun than it was before (as do animists)

However I think the massive increase in RPs for killing people without increasing any of the other RP rewards probably did more harm than good.

I like the increased RP but I don't like that everything else got left behind (whoo 4k rp from a keep.. why bother when I can just go IRvR)

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Farbaute2 said:
Using multiple accounts was once not allowed. But mythic wanted the extra subscriptionmoney and allowed it after awhile when more and more players wanted to be able to compete with the players already using bots, who were only a few stelthers at first.
You've always been allowed to use multiple accounts, only not on the same computer. Some people with access to more than one computer were using buffbots from day one of release.

Personally, the biggest mistake Mythic has done has been the systematic nerfing of tanks almost ever since the introduction of TOA. Sure, there has been some love with Determination changes, but it's just silly now. Casters are so far ahead now it's stupid.

Collateral

Fledgling Freddie
who gives a shit about higher rp's.
you gain rvr-skill by playing the game over a long time. a rr9+ noob, who got this high after 3 years or more of playing daoc with shitty rvr expirience will continue sucking in rvr.
it doesn't matter if he got some more realm ability toys to play with. a skilled rr4 set group will still a pwn a random group with high rr randoms, which rr lvl in the zerg the past months. sure, people will deal more damage and healing classes have DI and stuuf but still, in the end skill > realm rank.

and skilled tank groups will still take out caster groups...maybe not a set roxxor one, but you can't win every fight.

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Dont like the rp patch at all, Its making it very hard for new groups to play at first as all opponents are RR-Stupid with most abilitys under the sun :<

Wilburn

Fledgling Freddie
They removed Crits on Disease spells :(, wasnt even an option, and that one hurt my shaman most of all

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Collateral said:
who gives a shit about higher rp's.
you gain rvr-skill by playing the game over a long time. a rr9+ noob, who got this high after 3 years or more of playing daoc with shitty rvr expirience will continue sucking in rvr.
it doesn't matter if he got some more realm ability toys to play with. a skilled rr4 set group will still a pwn a random group with high rr randoms, which rr lvl in the zerg the past months. sure, people will deal more damage and healing classes have DI and stuuf but still, in the end skill > realm rank.

and skilled tank groups will still take out caster groups...maybe not a set roxxor one, but you can't win every fight.

No, the warder zerg now being the unicorn knight zerg doesn't matter at all. Really, not at all. Noone is disputing the skill > realm rank story, but still the easymode of getting RPs have made it easier for some people to win merely because of being able to dump iwin abilities. People that suck on positioning now just fire moc and do their thing etc. My point being that it's easier joerandom to pwn now, not because he have improved playstyle wise and adapted to the game, but because he got way more abilities to tool around with.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Well...

Rhana said:

The interrupts...
Or rather the Monsters Interrupts...

For a Mid Monsteress = end of siege no matter how many or how good the defenders are.

Now I know alot of Albs dont agree with this and have 1001 suggestion on how to deal with it (warlocks demonstering them, cc, Pbae, etc), but those things simply dont work in a Mid zerg for several reasons. So the fact remains, when a Heretic with Monster Ress arrives inside a siege its over for Mid. Its hard on Hibs too, but they have more good solo/zerg tools to deal with it. (shrooms, baselinstun, Pbae etc)

Monsterress should never have been intruduced into the game...or atleast not with the interrupts. Would have been ok with just the dotdamage (which is rediculously high anyway), just remove the freaking interrupt.

/Charmangle

ps. And thats beside the rediculously good RR5 Ability they have...ds

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Hrm, can I change my vote to "clustering"? It's probably contributed more than anything else to the current lack of "fighting for the realm".

Unbalanced New Classes

NF Terrain (incl. Water)

Imo.

Both ruined the RvR for me.

Changing the scenary and also changing the way you contuct rvr. Took away the choice for my part.

And new OP classes that made the rvr balance between realms and classes, basically fucked up.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
censi said:
was a complete disaster in a momumental scale and no other nerf or change can even come close as to what see hidden did to the game really.
I guess it was similar to the smite nerf then, but for stealthers rather than clerics :p That made an entire spec go extinct.
Sorin said:
If i remember right mercs had a 12 sec ae mezz once "grapple"
/slap mythic for nerfing the mercs once again
Don't remember that one :x
Nelex said:
MYTHIC GIVF ME BACK MY BANELORDS !!!

the way it is now, is one big nerf, i dont have anything now to use as the interrupter that i am. and tendrils you gotta be ***************** kiding me, that just givfs me so many chances out front. this might lead to my leaving of this ************** caster friendly game.

had to whine about this.

nel
Yeah, that didn't help :x I don't think either the range or interrupt nerf was actually needed. Banelord used to be effective, but no more than that, I wouldn't consider it overpowered. Unless fighting in confined spaces like towers and such, enemies can just spread out and avoid all getting hit at once, and the interrupts were about the only chance for a tank to not get nuked to hell :x

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Other:

Realm Abilites, game was great before them as people just played for fun, not to farm RP's.

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
Only thing that I dislike is the NF terrain really, but thats no problem since we got Agramon, Agramon rox imo ;/ its even better than OF, by far actually, just some lag and maybe a bit smaller hills but otherwise its a lot better

Craparoni

Fledgling Freddie
Worst change ever is cluster, took away all aspects around the roleplaying part.
If they released Toa like it is today there prolly wouldnt be any need for cluster, but according to Mythic Toa wouldnt have any impact in RVR at that time. How wrong can one possibly be?:twak:
in addition to this is ofcourse the NF layout with keeps/relics.
Everything else is adaptable

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
the NF terrain imo x(

ps: why is my warning on 100% ? :(

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
:(

lies ! shouldent they reset it after a ban or what ?

Gondath

Fledgling Freddie
The biggest negative impact on rvr (or more precisely pvp) is toa by far... with NF siege systems and new RAs on a clear second.

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
A lot of the MLs, artis, RAs and classes are unbalanced and can make me QQ at times.
What makes it all so boring is how they designed NF.

In OF i had like 6 zones to choose from.
Emain, Odin's and Hadrian's could all be fun depending on what time it was.
It wasn't like now, where you go to the nearest bridge and stay there. About 2/3 of the zones were used then as people ran between the milegates and TKs.
You could also get fights along the roads in Savauge, Gorge and Uppland.

All i really have to choose from now is Brynja bridge, the one in Hadrian's or the one in Emain.
After fighting at, or close to, bridges for a couple of hours, it gets so damn boring even PvE seems fun.

Shafu

Fledgling Freddie
NF terrain no doubt. Not just the terrain, but pretty much everything about NF. If I had to single out one thing it would be "instant porting". It may seem like a nice thing, but it is absolutely devastating to small scale RvR. I have always been a fan of travelling. Not because I like to spend 5 minutes running from A to B, but because travelling is a necessity if you want to make RvR interesting. The alternative is... bridge camping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom