What was the worst RvR-based change that mythic made?

Which stands out as the most negative change mythic have made?

• Battlemaster Abilities

Votes: 13 3.4%
  • Unbalanced New Classes

Votes: 110 28.9%
  • Artifact Abilities

Votes: 20 5.2%
  • Speedwarp

Votes: 29 7.6%
  • Banelord Abilities

Votes: 28 7.3%
  • Increased Realm Points patch

Votes: 32 8.4%
  • NF Terrain (incl. Water)

Votes: 111 29.1%
  • NF Realm Abilities

Votes: 17 4.5%
  • Other (please state in your post)

Votes: 21 5.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Coldbeard said:
No, the warder zerg now being the unicorn knight zerg doesn't matter at all. Really, not at all. Noone is disputing the skill > realm rank story, but still the easymode of getting RPs have made it easier for some people to win merely because of being able to dump iwin abilities. People that suck on positioning now just fire moc and do their thing etc. My point being that it's easier joerandom to pwn now, not because he have improved playstyle wise and adapted to the game, but because he got way more abilities to tool around with.

Or you can turn it around and it means LeetpimpRReightteendaddy can now get more RPs for farming the zerg.
People wanted more even fights, disliked the fact that new players couldn't get started because they will meet rr11-12 groups, now those people can get some essential abilities to amplify their playing style thus evening the odds and it's all of a sudden not fair anymore? please..

Collateral

Fledgling Freddie
concerning 8vs8 rvr. i don't see very big differences between all three realms. on what ever side i play, i know enemy groups that own big time.
lots of those mentioned op'd classes like wl's and vamps are not part of this kind of rvr and they didn't make a change. sure, there was a time, when they were a real pain in the ass, but they can hardly been found in rvr, tbh.

i think what really ruined rvr is NF. everybody is kinda used to ml's and artes so far, but a huge rvr zone is crap. and because its huge, people tend to go to the hotspots like bridges and porterkeeps...it doesn't matter if its the zerg, groups and solos.

mythic should try to redesign the rvr zone...fewer travelling, an easy to reach agramon-region and smaller realm areas. you shouldn't get rid of all hotspots, but you can give the players an alternative(s) to that, where they can meet enemies. reduce hotspots like bridges and try to allocate the action to a more agramon like area, which has to be easier to access. at least this would help group rvr.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Shorter timer on RA's like MoC etc sucks, should remove the spell completely from anything but support. Other than that nothing really, game has been improved all the time and with Agramon I see no reason to whine about NF terrain.

MaCaBr3

Banned
Don't bother anything as I don't run in fg's in rvr with any of my chars thus bound to be way less competitive as anyone else. I just go with the flow snice there's nothing I can do about the changes Mythic is doing to their own game.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Andrilyn said:
Or you can turn it around and it means LeetpimpRReightteendaddy can now get more RPs for farming the zerg.
People wanted more even fights, disliked the fact that new players couldn't get started because they will meet rr11-12 groups, now those people can get some essential abilities to amplify their playing style thus evening the odds and it's all of a sudden not fair anymore? please..

Oh get a hold of yourself, essential abilities? More like iwin abilities to make up for the other things they lack. It is not fair in terms of time spent to gain the benefits of higher realm rank, while some people pre patch used like 1 - 2 years on getting rr10 you now have the 3 week zerg to rr10 wonders who are completly clueless but still do well because they have enough tools to make up for their lack in other areas.

They could have slightly increased RP gains, not trippeled it.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Coldbeard said:
Oh get a hold of yourself, essential abilities? More like iwin abilities to make up for the other things they lack. It is not fair in terms of time spent to gain the benefits of higher realm rank, while some people pre patch used like 1 - 2 years on getting rr10 you now have the 3 week zerg to rr10 wonders who are completly clueless but still do well because they have enough tools to make up for their lack in other areas.

They could have slightly increased RP gains, not trippeled it.

So now they are rr10-11 against other rr10-11, decent people will know how to overcome every single Iwin ability which will still mean skilled rr10 person > clueless rr10 person so I don't really see your point.
For me it was a really nice change, instead of steamrolling groups of rr2-3 you can now have a decent fight against a rr6-8 group and eventhough they might still be "clueless" atleast they have a chance to fight back and sure they might have more RA's to dump but that's what makes it all more fun to overcome instead of killing people that can't even afford purge or other essential RA's.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Coldbeard said:
Oh get a hold of yourself, essential abilities?

Just my 5cents worth here. I agree somewhat with you that its not fun for people who have chased a realmrank for several years, spending countless of hours farming etc to get cought up by others as a new rp patch arrives. But there are several arguments that can be made in the opposite direction also...when they got all the realmpoints their classes might not have been balanced etc. (savage patch, Cleric oh ae nuke is fun, Bainshee farm through walls, Necro stand untouchable outside keep and farm with pet in keep, etc etc the list goes on)

So there are arguments for both sides, but a bigger point is about the fairness of it. Now is it fair to have added aids at all because you have played alot in rvr and succeeded well? Isnt that like giving the winning team in the world series bonus points in next years series to start with because they did good last year?

They have trained more therefor they are better, thats the reward they get. Thats fair. Not to give them an even bigger edge with more powers on top of beeing better at playing.

Ofc, the RP system give a fun additional to building up your character, but that addition is still there even with the addition rps for others. And thats basically the only argument that the RA system is there, so in all fairness the rp add shouldnt be of any problem to anyone, even those getting their high rr before patch, since they still have the edge of skill (or should have!:)

/Charmangle

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
I’d have to say the NF layout and the changes they made to relic raids. One of the most fun parts was the 30 min smash and grab relic raid. 10 mids/hibs spotted in hadrians and the call would go out. 60 Albs would abandon raids and rush to the realms defence. What do you mean there are 2 relic keeps? You serious, we have one in snowdonia? No wonder albion never had a power relic ;)

Illtar

Fledgling Freddie
Andrilyn said:
So now they are rr10-11 against other rr10-11, decent people will know how to overcome every single Iwin ability which will still mean skilled rr10 person > clueless rr10 person so I don't really see your point.
For me it was a really nice change, instead of steamrolling groups of rr2-3 you can now have a decent fight against a rr6-8 group and eventhough they might still be "clueless" atleast they have a chance to fight back and sure they might have more RA's to dump but that's what makes it all more fun to overcome instead of killing people that can't even afford purge or other essential RA's.

agreed

some people are jus to hypocritical to see it..

besides rr10 vs rr6 is way more fair than rr6 vs rr3...

it just lessens the gap between people with lots of time ,and people with less time, but still a good reason to play much. Its pretty perfect.

I think its fine you can get rr5 in a few weeks, and get the essensials.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
charmangle said:
The interrupts...
Or rather the Monsters Interrupts...

For a Mid Monsteress = end of siege no matter how many or how good the defenders are.

Now I know alot of Albs dont agree with this and have 1001 suggestion on how to deal with it (warlocks demonstering them, cc, Pbae, etc), but those things simply dont work in a Mid zerg for several reasons.

They don't work because the mid zerg appears to be clueless.
One warlock with half a brain can completely negate the entire heretic offence, and it's a rare occasion that there's only the one warlock there. The problem is the defenders are simply no good, and I don't see that as a huge game breaking problem.

Simply turning up to a keep siege as a mid shouldn't mean I win. If the mids there are too busy nuking stuff selfishly to get realm points, while the albs are moster rezzing people for no personal gain for the heretic's involved then the albs deserve to win. Change the situation around in terms of player attitudes and you'd have a 100% swing the other way.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
kirennia said:
There is not a single bottleneck in the frontiers which cannot be avoided. If you don't like them you don't have to go to them.

You complained about bottlenecks.
You complained about open spaces.

What exactly is it you want then...

I know it's pip but he is actually making a valid point.

Sure you can go around every bottle neck in NF, but why..

If everyone stands on teh bridge, then sure you don't have to go over it, but once you get to the other side, all that's left is to go back from the empty space you just sucessfully navigated to. It's not a bottle neck because you can't get past it.. it's a bottle neck because that's where everyone is.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Golena said:
They don't work because the mid zerg appears to be clueless.

Sigh, its been said a 1000 and 1 times or more...it doesnt work that way what ever you might want to believe.

Even if you depoped the Monsteress yesterday every mid and his mom will be hit by the dot that will keep them interrupted AND about 1/5 of them killed just from that dot. And 1 second later the Alb serg kills off the poor interrupted sods. Thats how it works, thats why its so good...

But dont take my word for it, roll warlock and try it and youll see...

There is one defence and one defence only, that is Healers in group, and thats just not possible 90% of the time in Mid. So Mids just crap out of luck when it comes to Siege...or atleast were...Im not sure what kind of effect the new Valk love will give Mid in siege yet...what we needed was an equal interrupt tool to Shrooms/Monster ress, maybe valks work as that in small areas, but I doubt it...

/Charmangle

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Well if your realm doesn't want to play vital support classes you deserve to loose.

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
Collateral said:
....mythic should try to redesign the rvr zone...fewer travelling, an easy to reach agramon-region and smaller realm areas. you shouldn't get rid of all hotspots, but you can give the players an alternative(s) to that, where they can meet enemies. reduce hotspots like bridges and try to allocate the action to a more agramon like area, which has to be easier to access. at least this would help group rvr.

I have to object to this, OF had less hotspots but then again, you where hardly abel to solo as a RM there, coz the MG's was camped down by a milion stealthers. As it is now, you can allways move around the hotspots, lessen the risk that have a sword or arrow in the back (or in your throut).

I like it better as it is.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Rhana said:
Dubbel post, pleas help me remove it.

u can actually delete your own posts mate :) press edit and look for it if you wanna get rid of a post.

Gazon

Fledgling Freddie
Mythic should redesign the frontier system so there is a clear battlefront that moves up or down when you win or lose the fights there.

Oh, wait, that's what they're doing in WAR isn't it...

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
[x] Other, removal of asd and removing the "fun" in savages xD

Ffade

Fledgling Freddie
1st DI (wrecks my bomb)
2nd Warlock,Bainshees,
3rd at the beging of NF the TWF was invisible and they make it visible to the next patch

And some other changes that took us to caster age...givf back balance

P.S. Also bainshees can still cast thru wall...they said they gonna fix it...
seems many GM plays bainshees

Puppet

Part of the furniture
If they give a reasonable amount of power, it might make day&night difference for a Vampiir. If hypothetically they give you power for 2 claws, you are looking for a typical 500+ damage-potential / proc from a 48 VE vampiir.

For people saying healprocs are better because 'they cannot be resisted' they should realise a omnidrain both damages your enemy AND heal you (so they count for 'double') and are not affected by disease. In even 1vs1 fights (for example between assassins) those two differences can make an omniproc superiour to a healproc.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Puppet said:
For people saying healprocs are better because 'they cannot be resisted' they should realise a omnidrain both damages your enemy AND heal you (so they count for 'double') and are not affected by disease.

You mean like those oooooh so op Lifedrain procs? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom