What was the worst RvR-based change that mythic made?

Which stands out as the most negative change mythic have made?

• Battlemaster Abilities

Votes: 13 3.4%
  • Unbalanced New Classes

Votes: 110 28.9%
  • Artifact Abilities

Votes: 20 5.2%
  • Speedwarp

Votes: 29 7.6%
  • Banelord Abilities

Votes: 28 7.3%
  • Increased Realm Points patch

Votes: 32 8.4%
  • NF Terrain (incl. Water)

Votes: 111 29.1%
  • NF Realm Abilities

Votes: 17 4.5%
  • Other (please state in your post)

Votes: 21 5.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Novamir

One of Freddy's beloved
Which of these do you think? if none of these, state another option.
Yes, the best players adapt. I am not questioning this. Consider the question at hand.

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
The day you decided to pay subs again and spam this forum with crap like in the old days.

Novamir

One of Freddy's beloved
Phule_Gubben said:
The day you decided to pay subs again and spam this forum with crap like in the old days.

:kissit:

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Novamir said:
Increased Realm Points (the big one)
New Frontiers Terrain (incl. water)

those 2 fucked up a ton on their own, probably more than everything else they put in.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Increased Realm Points (the big one)
New Frontiers Terrain (incl. water)

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Well...

Well in my opinion its a whole series of stuff that together made up the problems daoc is experiencing today...

But one thing that is very hard to accept is the new classes they add where they feel they have to make them hugely overpowered just to get people to buy a certain expansion etc...

Heretic, Vampire, Warlock, Bainshee comes to mind...

The problem is, when intruducing a new set of characters, that you have to give the community an incentive to actually care that they excist. And its very hard to make a class interresting and not overpowered at the same time.

But, what has hurt the game in general most, (and that includes RvR), is the /level command combined with instantpop farmspots for PLing in all 3 realms. That combined with the BB issue just made it impossible for Daoc to keep the new player base up, and with the ever dwindling numbers in the player base, there just isnt much you can do to improve the game, since everything you do is based on the fact that it has to be inhabited with enough players to make it a living and breathing place.

/Charmangle

atos

Fledgling Freddie
NF overall and ToA. Can't say anythign specific.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
increased RP patch. Easy

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
atos said:
NF overall and ToA. Can't say anythign specific.
you should say everything past the first few patches, since thanes r0xed back then

atos

Fledgling Freddie
fl3a said:
you should say everything past the first few patches, since thanes r0xed back then

WHAT THE FUCKING HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!?!?!"#%¤"#&

Stop makign all random comments! =(

.ee smells of elderberries!

Illtar

Fledgling Freddie
NF terrain is fucking stupid (towers included)

But why the fuck are half of you saying rp increase, how the hell did that screw anything over?

it just balanced people abit more, thats it

atos

Fledgling Freddie
I think they are mad because it makes people like Horner who plays an unbalanced class being able to RA dump on them and win without any skill.

Farbaute2

Fledgling Freddie
Using multiple accounts was once not allowed. But mythic wanted the extra subscriptionmoney and allowed it after awhile when more and more players wanted to be able to compete with the players already using bots, who were only a few stelthers at first. In the long run this mistake resulted in nerfs for various classes, overpowered new classes and unbalanced player economy when some players could farm items much easier then those playing only one account. We were many complaing about these first bots, but mythic and goa didnt listen to us. Its weird since they have lost alot of money, and still lose alot of money.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Most negative change would most definetly have to be moving Defenders Revenge to follow after phalanx rather then Defenders Rage. I don't care if it only effects me, to me, thats the worste change ever. :(

On a wider scale i'd say the new classes.

Look at the most over powered, powerful or soon to be over powered.

Reavers, Valkyries, Anamists, banshees, vampiirs, heretics, warlocks, valewalkers, bonedancers and in some siturations you could even include necros.

All stupidly over powered or at the very least powerful classes. All of them came from expansions and non of them should of been introduced, at least not in their current form.

And they are still giving some of these classes extra love :eek2:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Illtar said:
NF terrain is fucking stupid (towers included)

But why the fuck are half of you saying rp increase, how the hell did that screw anything over?

it just balanced people abit more, thats it
See Atos's sig

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
The Toa Grind and ML's isnt that much of a problem for me.
Thing was that it removed alot of skill from game. So So many random chanse procs and so many timed charges and abilities that every 1v1 was pure luck.

pip

Banned
I voted Nf... for reason being, boat rides to many bottle necks, and a area to wide open leaving to much space to get board in:(

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Battlermaster Abilities, when thinking about BG/Grapple, since that made people adapt to more caster heavy groups, which is by far the most boring shit in this game.

oh..

and SOM proc.. t,t

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
pip said:
I voted Nf... for reason being, boat rides to many bottle necks, and a area to wide open leaving to much space to get board in:(

Bottlenecks? :p you mean the impassable bridges which you cant in no way go around?

kirennia

Part of the furniture
pip said:

So you're complaining that there are too many bottlenecks AND too wide spaces.....make up your mind :p

pip

Banned
kirennia said:
So you're complaining that there are too many bottlenecks AND too wide spaces.....make up your mind :p
Complaining about both can't you read? so there is no bottlenecks in game ?

kirennia

Part of the furniture
pip said:
Complaining about both can't you read? so there is no bottlenecks in game ?

There is not a single bottleneck in the frontiers which cannot be avoided. If you don't like them you don't have to go to them.

You complained about bottlenecks.
You complained about open spaces.

What exactly is it you want then...

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Prevent Flight nerf :< I enjoyed snaring people every other hit, why take it away? ;(((((

Arabnisse

Fledgling Freddie
The "the hills are too steep to climb" thing has made me swore 599 times. I also hate the annoying fact they put player-race alike mobs in the NF zones. Mygosh, why?? How fun is that 1-10? Bah :) The movement nerf is kinda.. blah. BB's arent too much to do about, but with my economic situation I cant say I love it .

censi

Can't get enough of FH
the worst change was the introduction of clip range see hidden RA.

There was no camo for like 6 months and all assasins could see archers and mincers from full clip range stealthed. this meant you would literally arrive to an rvr area as an archer and like all the assasins in a 4000 units radius would come zooming in on you like a magnet and you would eat a PA chain and die. It was litterally genocide of the archer class.

prior to this change there was a lot of good rangers and scouts and hunters all hitting emain making good RP playing the game etc. After this change pretty much all the top rangers scouts and hunters ditched their toons and rerolled or quit.

was a complete disaster in a momumental scale and no other nerf or change can even come close as to what see hidden did to the game really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom