• Other (please leave comment)

Votes: 15 2.8%
  • zzzz@polls

Votes: 24 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Plik

One of Freddy's beloved
Well i mostly like Irvr, since you can farm the zerg, add or find some good 8 vs 8 fights :)

Chamie

Loyal Freddie
Gazon said:
"FG RvR" will come out on top because even the opted grps that pile on the zerg battles will describe themselves as doing "FG RvR".
And yet Agramon is empty...

Ok mr smartguy agramon is the only place possible for fg vs fg "ok"
kinda hard to make agramon work when there is like 2 non adding fgs per realm out every evening max -_-.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
I took the "other" option cause there are many funny things to do in DAoC.

Sometimes it's nice to make a small 2-3man group in the morning or at night. Then there are days when you run with really nice fg's and have awesome fun.

Sometimes I go out solo, happens less cause I play more fg chars lately, but it sure can be fun. If I get added on too much, nothing more funny than to give payback and just run to Brynja with the Valk and just kill everything thanks to major uncovering with the pulsing cone =)

There are just a few things I really hate and that's endless siege RvR, cause well, it's not the most funny thing to do as druid or bard =) Sometimes, when it's really bad I put in a stick in the groupheal button and sit back to relax =))

I don't mind - and pretty much like - cleaning bridges, cause I don't think people go there for nice and fair fights =)) (at least not primetime), but I don't like killing solo people at other places, although I won't get totally upset if someone else in the group does.

I'm easy with running with a second group to brake a zerg, but I don't like to zerg cause I feel so unpersonal then =) Just one of the mass so to speak =)

Well, yes, that definately falls under other =)

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Chamie said:
kinda hard to make agramon work when there is like 2 non adding fgs per realm out every evening max -_-.

Something doesn't quite add up here 140+ people have replied saying they prefer fg vs fg rvr but even with 3fgs out per realm that would only be 72 'fg' players. I suppose they could play in some kind of strict rotation but it seems more likely that the poll doesn't reflect play styles very well (or there are alot of 'adding fgs' maybe?)

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Raven said:
most of the full groupers are "zerglings" anyway, they will quite happily run a soloer down with 8 people, whats the difference between that and a full group getting zerged? play how you like but dont start throwing shit around about zergers when you do it yourselves.

Repped <3

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Javai said:
Something doesn't quite add up here 140+ people have replied saying they prefer fg vs fg rvr but even with 3fgs out per realm that would only be 72 'fg' players. I suppose they could play in some kind of strict rotation but it seems more likely that the poll doesn't reflect play styles very well (or there are alot of 'adding fgs' maybe?)

Yes Javai perhaps it also reflects the degree to which fg vs fg fights are distorted when they happen in an area where it is zergy and unpredictable? So FG's might have a varying policy - they might add in a zergy area which is messy anyway and at the same time not add in Agramon. Its all a matter of policy and how groups implement those policies.

Like I have said before we run Fridays and Sundays. Last Friday and Sunday we had 2-3 clean fights all night all other engagements were messy and FG's added a lot on each other. We still do not break the code we know that others that is their choice - but it can hurt.

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
I voted for solo RvR.
Duos/trios can often be great fun too though, as that's often less frustrating.

fevnacca

Fledgling Freddie
ill do anything tbh :). aslong as the company is nice i can do anything xD

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
That's completely untrue.

Firstly, all FG albs will port to HW to get to Agramon (which isn't used much at the moment). Secondly, half of the FGs will be roaming around HW.

You can't use /who as a method of approximation.

are u trying to defend synergy's presence in hw ? :p

Mnexxiz

Fledgling Freddie
Personally I like Siege RvR - once in a while and then with lots of people. There's nothing more spectacular than 100s of people in the same spot (aye, it's laggy like hell so don't expect good screenshots).

Any other than that close fights that take longer than 30 seconds is good RvR.

I am just curious if Mythic ever implements things like the WOW battlegrounds - would the full groups looking for fair fights like to wait half an hour before they can have 3 minute action? And then wait another 20 minutes? And then get the same group ever and ever again that just wipes them fast and efficiently? ;)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
love defending a keep vs albs on my ranger, they are quite funny when there is a tic about, they will quite happily charge at the keep in their under crackers and let me shoot them.

MaCaBr3

Banned
Doesn't matter for me as long there is some action, but I guess keep/tower defending is more of my liking even more then capturing.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
love defending a keep vs albs on my ranger, they are quite funny when there is a tic about, they will quite happily charge at the keep in their under crackers and let me shoot them.

Haha so true :D

Lethul

FH is my second home
spook said:
The people preferring Zerg RvR should be happy that FGs hit their zerg, as that's a challenge to overcome also, and that's what most of us are playing for, isn't it?

FGs take a risk of hitting a zerg, if they stand around for a couple of seconds too long, they'll get overrun by a dozen casters and scouts. Of course an opted FG will have great chance of taking down quite a few from the zerg, but no one said the zerg can't try to organize a bit, split assist and such. There ought to be at least 3 casters listening to a guy saying "hey, I'll debuff and you assist?"

Besides, dying to an FG while in the middle of a zerg or dying to that caster in the opposing zerg, where's the difference?

I choose FGvsFG, as that's what we're ultimately striving for with our guildgroup when it's out and also what I find the most fun. That said, we're never afraid of taking a different challenge, which hitting a zerg with 3 tics, 20 casters, some tanks and scouts are, in my pov. Besides, we need rps at the moment, it's fun fighting the rr9-rr11 mid group running as we improve most of the time, but without toys it often gets onesided unless they make a grave error.

Btw, yes our GG is part of the "vicious circle" as we hit solos, duos and trios when running, unless it's a known name which we know stays off our fights. The risk of having them join in on our next fight, should we get one over the next ridge, is something we're rather without. WHEN we get it though, we try dealing with it as it arises. But why cure when you can prevent? Don't think we whine though, at least not publically... Vent is steaming now and then though ;)

and you also seem to enjoy running in to albvsmid fg fights too

OohhoO

Fledgling Freddie
spook said:
The people preferring Zerg RvR should be happy that FGs hit their zerg, as that's a challenge to overcome also, and that's what most of us are playing for, isn't it?

Hmm dunno.
Personally I play to relax & have fun.
Can DAoC be considered challenging??? o_O

There can also be a big difference between what you would prefer & what you actually get. I would prefer 33/33/33 FG/Mixed/Solo, but what I usually get is 1/1/98.

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
Vonwar said:
i.e. if you have a Friar or a summoning specced Spiritmaster, or a Healer with the "wrong" spec. you can FORGET going to RvR.

this is not entirely true :)

with my friar, I get just as many groups now, as before "love" patch, so its more about the player, knowing people etc. and maybe that you can play your class to a somewhat reasonable level :D

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Lethul said:
and you also seem to enjoy running in to albvsmid fg fights too

sometimes we have done this, but we tend to do it less and less atm. Usually pulls off 9/10 alb/mid-fights atm. We strive to not piss off any of the good GGs out there since we want to fight them FG vs FG, AD and Mael are atm a big nono to add on at least and we pull off at all times when bard calls it. We had a disasterous day the other day though, our vent lagged like hell, 1200+ ping on it and GL hearing bard calls in time then. Quiet for 2mins, then a fountain of spaaaam for 10s. Shit like that fucks things up for us, but we deliberately dont add on the good groups out there that dont add on us. We even avoid adding on the groups with ***** that runs if they are already engaged in a fight.

If you wanna argue about it Lethul, PM please. I wanna sort it out properly so there is no misunderstanding or anything.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Any RVR where half the Hibs currently playing bugger off. There's way too many hibs out now. :(

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Tesla Monkor said:
Any RVR where half the Hibs currently playing bugger off. There's way too many hibs out now. :(

awww, get the midzerg and fight then? :)

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Sure, if we get more Mid players, so we can actually build one. At the rate it's going, Midgard won't be able to field anything worthwhile in RVR in a few months.

In case you haven't noticed yet, there is an exodus going on in Midgard.

For those that think 'It's not that bad'.. wake up. Yes it is that bad. I've been gone for three weeks on vacation and Midgard has all but collapsed. o_O

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Excal lwrp:

Albion: 35,745,225 (33%)
Hibernia: 29,262,263 (27%)
Midgard: 42,456,652 (40%)

Prydwen lwrp:

Albion: 24,612,788 (37%)
Hibernia: 15,382,032 (23%)
Midgard: 27,365,486 (41%)

Midgard is far from collapsing,

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Tesla Monkor said:
Sure, if we get more Mid players, so we can actually build one. At the rate it's going, Midgard won't be able to field anything worthwhile in RVR in a few months.

In case you haven't noticed yet, there is an exodus going on in Midgard.

For those that think 'It's not that bad'.. wake up. Yes it is that bad. I've been gone for three weeks on vacation and Midgard has all but collapsed. o_O

well, from what I have seen last weeks, Mid is far from dying and mid have alot of zerglings left so.. what are you talking about? Hibs are still the lowest populated realm on the cluster, dont see us whining in a way you do, do you?

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
no u are not anymore shike ;)

Excalibur/Prydwen
Level Reward Bonus Camp Bonus RvR Bonus Hookpoint Purchase
Albion 7 81% 0% 100%
Midgard 5 99% 0% 100%
Hibernia 6 98% 0% 100%

Midgard is more "underpopulated" now

Puppet

Part of the furniture
20:50 CET on a Sunday:

Midgard : 424 players on /who
Hibernia: 318 players on /who
Albion: 492 players on /who

Ofcourse this is a snapshot, but its quite prime-time.

To be honest, I seriously doubt Midgard is more underpopulated then Hibernia. Mids had traditionally way more numbers, so when there's some decline, the calls for helps start.

And Tesla, I feel for you in Odins and the massive Hib-zerg. I mean, there's now a certain risk when you try to pop me infront of a warlock u actually get outskilled by some other Hibs xD

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Well puppet mids did the same thing u did just now several times showing hibs with equal numbers as mids so it says nothing.

All we can look at is herald and who GOA gives bonuses to. And now mid have higher bonuses then hib

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom