• Other (please leave comment)

Votes: 15 2.8%
  • zzzz@polls

Votes: 24 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
I only love zergs if the opposing realms have equally powerful zergs out as well.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Mixed groups, duo or trio at most.
Shame since the clustering and RP patch this is not really possible since you have FG after FG rushing the living daylight out of you.
FG is fun also but duo/trio gives more of a challenge imo.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
well lookee there! 40% of daoc likes fg rvr but the mods enforce a zergftw policy! ?quandary?

scarloc

Fledgling Freddie
Voted fg, because I know most of the pryd playerbase that runs in them which makes it 1000x more fun imo. Zergs can be good but only if they have a point (relicraid being the only example i can think of). I dont feel "in control" of the outcome of a zerg fight the way I can a FG fight either :]

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:
well lookee there! 40% of daoc likes fg rvr but the mods enforce a zergftw policy! ?quandary?

Bit too soon to withdraw conclusions, and if i follow your way of thinking 60% of daoc don't prefer to fgvsfg rvr :rolleyes:

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:

No, 40% of the community that reads the RVR section of FH during the daytime prefers FG RVR.

However, according to the same principle, 60% don't.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
eggy said:
No, 40% of the community that reads the RVR section of FH during the daytime prefers FG RVR.

However, according to the same principle, 60% don't.

U may want altho to pack togh Solo and Fg ppl to be completely honest, that pretty much reverse the equation, 60% doesn't like zerging, 40% does like it. To put it on another light u could even get out of the 40% equation the duo/trio ppl since i bet they don't like to face a zerg themselves.

Frozodo

Fledgling Freddie
i prefer soloing or duoing with me GF but been kinda dont have that much time lately :D

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Gahn said:
U may want altho to pack togh Solo and Fg ppl to be completely honest, that pretty much reverse the equation, 60% doesn't like zerging, 40% does like it. To put it on another light u could even get out of the 40% equation the duo/trio ppl since i bet they don't like to face a zerg themselves.

I believe that, in general, the sort of people who read the RVR forums, and want to read this post, and choose to answer the poll, are still a very small and biased proportion of the entire community.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
FG-rvr tbh.

Soloing just tends to bring forth some of the worst aspects of this game.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
eggy said:
I believe that, in general, the sort of people who read the RVR forums, and want to read this post, and choose to answer the poll, are still a very small and biased proportion of the entire community.

That doesn't change a bit since poll was requesting what ppl that DO read this forum prefer as per RvR, ain't it?
Also u should start to realize that u are modding a very small and maybe biased proportion of the entire community -.-

Amanita

Part of the furniture
I enjoy all aspects of it atm, I loved having a set group, I like getting "picked up" for groups by friends, siege stuff, guild groups, duo's or trios and even solo'ing, looking foreward to finally getting my inf and mini sorted out for some soloing.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Gahn said:
That doesn't change a bit since poll was requesting what ppl that DO read this forum prefer as per RvR, ain't it?
Also u should start to realize that u are modding a very small and maybe biased proportion of the entire community -.-

True, the post wanted an idea of the favoured RVR within these boards, not in the entire cluster - just as long as people realise that.

Sadly, I am well aware of who and what I am modding.

Ckiller

Loyal Freddie
I like all kinds of rvr cant just decide on one kind... sometimes i like soloin sometimes i like trios/duos sometimes (although mostly) i like fg rvr and sometimes i like zergin :)

Im a jack of all trades or sumthing like that and i guess thats why i like this game still. It has alot of versatility(spelling :) ) and always changes. Still to this day i cant really say i find rvr particularly repetative

Nul

Fledgling Freddie
I miss the rvr Ardamel use to lead. I hope he comes back some day.
There is other good leaders, but nothing beats Ardamel imho.

Personally I like both dou, FG and zerg rvr equally.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
eggy said:

Mind giving some good reason to why you believe this? I see lots of ppl gratsing zerging twats all the time, I also see zerglings post and defend their playstyle alot aswell, with the blessing of the mods ofc..

Tbh, it sometimes seem as if the mods just hate the FGplayers for some reason, at least the bias against that category is very very strong on FH. I see mods making fun of and sometimes even mock FGplayers for their way of playing the game, where they shouldnt be biased at all, since its mods.

I can understand why mods dislike pricks, I really do, I think most dislike them but there are so many more than those vocal idiots who just happen to like FGfights, they dont post much, most dont post at all actually I think. You as a mod should pay equal respect to those players since they have done no harm to anyone on these boards at all. Instead you just brush everyone with the same comb and your bias is very very clear aswell as Flims is. I dont mind if you are a zergling, I really dont give a shit, you play like you want to, but dont look down on everyone who disagree with you, and dont make the voice of FGplayers less valuable than your own, which is exactly what you did with your post. Woulda been funny to see what you would have posted if zerglings was in majority in the poll..

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Konah said:

there's no zergftw policy.

You don't get banned for talking about fg RvR what you do get banned for is personal attacks. Unless fg RvR suddenly includes whining in grats threads about adds in which case I have my whole ideal group set up wrong (need to make sure you have a strong whiner on board, regardless of class)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Shike said:
Mind giving some good reason to why you believe this?

It's nothing against the FGers in particular it's just that people who post on messageboards about a game are not in the majority - majority of daocers probably won't visit FH more than once or twice a year.

The people who do visit the forums on a daily basis are less likely to be casual players, non-casual players are more likely to be playing in a set group of people (whether it's your definition of 8v8 or "zerging" 8v8 or "adding" 8v8 or whatever)

Maybe I missed a line in eggys post saying "omfgz fg RVRers suxxor!" but your response was a bit touchy ;) all he said was "don't expect the results of this post to mean much in game".

Slayn

Loyal Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
It's nothing against the FGers in particular it's just that people who post on messageboards about a game are not in the majority - majority of daocers probably won't visit FH more than once or twice a year.

The people who do visit the forums on a daily basis are less likely to be casual players, non-casual players are more likely to be playing in a set group of people (whether it's your definition of 8v8 or "zerging" 8v8 or "adding" 8v8 or whatever)

Maybe I missed a line in eggys post saying "omfgz fg RVRers suxxor!" but your response was a bit touchy ;) all he said was "don't expect the results of this post to mean much in game".

Seems like one mod having to be diplomatic on behalf of another imo. What you say above is fair enough. But for another mod to be telling a bunch of posters they represent a 'small and very biased proportion of the entire community' is kinda untactful as well as suggestive of certain bias on the part of the mod themselves. It's also jarring the thread off-topic and towards a flamewar so /applaud for that.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
Instead you just brush everyone with the same comb and your bias is very very clear aswell as Flims is. I dont mind if you are a zergling, I really dont give a shit, you play like you want to, but dont look down on everyone who disagree with you, and dont make the voice of FGplayers less valuable than your own, which is exactly what you did with your post. Woulda been funny to see what you would have posted if zerglings was in majority in the poll..

What? I'm a group (and duo/trio) player. Running in groups is great fun. I don't find standing around at keeps or running in ~6fg fun at all. Obviously, when action is in the Alb frontier it's difficult to avoid meeting enemies at the same time as other groups.

I believe Flim is more into the large-scale fights, not sure about Tilda as afaik he still realm-hops all the time :) (ps come back to Alb!)

I don't look down on anyone apart from those who attack people on a personal level, claiming it's "their way or the highway". Play how you want, just don't flame people for their own views.

"Zerglings" as you put it would never have been the majority, because the more 'casual' players are less likely to read FH, especially in day-time - this was my original misconstrued point.

Norvindus

Can't get enough of FH
@Shike I had to laugh when you in your post ask that FG players view gets respected as much as other players view (I am assuming you are a fg player)
When in the same post you are tarnishing every other player not playing in accordance to your point of view as Twats/Zergers/adders.

Just give me one good reason why I as a reader of this forum should respect your view, when you yourself obvious can't respect other players playstyle.

I myself like every aspect of the game as I play to have fun, and cba sitting around waiting for that 1 or 2 vital peeps for a set group, and feel that fgVsFg is limiting yourself to a subset of the game which it never really was intended for.

So yeah call me a zerger or adder I frankly don't give a shit because I have fun.

Phake

Fledgling Freddie
Eggy...

tbh .. its utterly bull to say that the majority of the DAoC community dun want FG rvr .. coz none knows. .. the majority prolly aint even out RvRing on regular basis .. but from my estimation if you take the RvR based section of the DAoC community ull prolly end up with more ppl favouring FG/solo/duo RvR than siege/zerg (largescale).. so to say that set FG/GGs is a minority in the community is missleading ... sure we mebbe are .. but then its not all of the community that actually RvR.

If we are gonna have a discussion about RvR lets ask the ppl that do RvR ..and i think that most of the ppl Active in RvR is reading FH ..and this poll prolly shows about the right % of what ppl like etc ..

though im not telling ppl to stop doing what they feel is fun .. do it :] .. but we shouldent call the FG guilds/setgroups a minority .. coz in RvR we arent.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Phake said:
tbh .. its utterly bull to say that the majority of the DAoC community dun want FG rvr .. coz none knows. ..

Sorry, where did I say that the majority of the DAOC community don't want FG rvr? I said nothing of the sort.

Konah said that 40% of the community preferred FG rvr, I simply said that's untrue; the truth is that 40% of the people reading this post prefer it, not the community.

Phake

Fledgling Freddie
yes Eggy u diddnt say that .. but when reading you previous posts on other threads etc combined with this .. u simply get the notion that thats what u think .. and no only you .. ALOT of ppl seem to think this .. and its something that from what ive experienced is very untrue .. and to say that its not representative group of ppl that read FH and post here is wrong also .. i mean i can name ALOT of ppl that dun post here that only do FGvFG rvr .. me included .. well i have posted sometimes .. like 15 posts in total or something in 3 years :p .. anyways .. i get what i mean..

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Phake said:
yes Eggy u diddnt say that .. but when reading you previous posts on other threads etc combined with this .. u simply get the notion that thats what u think .. and no only you .. ALOT of ppl seem to think this .. and its something that from what ive experienced is very untrue .. and to say that its not representative group of ppl that read FH and post here is wrong also .. i mean i can name ALOT of ppl that dun post here that only do FGvFG rvr .. me included .. well i have posted sometimes .. like 15 posts in total or something in 3 years :p .. anyways .. i get what i mean..

No.

I think that a large amount of people enjoy "fair" FG vs FG fights.

I think that a large amount of people enjoy running in FGs, "fair" numbers of enemies/allies or not.

I think that a large amount of people enjoy "fair" solo fights.

I think that a large amount of people enjoy "zerg" fights.

I think that a large amount of people enjoy siege fights.

I have never stated where the majority lies.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Oki no need to start bitching about solo/fg/zerg in this thread. I do have a point with this and you just have to wait until poll is finished and my next thread.

Comprende?

Slayn

Loyal Freddie
Norvindus said:
@Shike I had to laugh when you in your post ask that FG players view gets respected as much as other players view (I am assuming you are a fg player)
When in the same post you are tarnishing every other player not playing in accordance to your point of view as Twats/Zergers/adders.

Just give me one good reason why I as a reader of this forum should respect your view, when you yourself obvious can't respect other players playstyle.

I myself like every aspect of the game as I play to have fun, and cba sitting around waiting for that 1 or 2 vital peeps for a set group, and feel that fgVsFg is limiting yourself to a subset of the game which it never really was intended for.

So yeah call me a zerger or adder I frankly don't give a shit because I have fun.

I find this post incomprehensible.

What Shike says is quite clear - he doesn't care how others want to play the game, but, in his view, there is preference given to the promotion of certain playstyles over others, and that annoys him.

Don't know whether I agree with him on that or not. But your post ignores that point altogether. Instead it creates a fiction that he's telling you how to play. He does not do this at all.

He doesn't say anything about adding. He uses the word zergling, but without being facetious I don't see why this should be considered perjorative. He refers to 'zerging twats' but in a somewhat specific sense rather than a general one (i.e. he doesn't say all ppl who zerg are twats).

Don't think this line is particularly productive, but to see someone so misrepresented I wanted to say something. Sorry not to let you do it yourself, Shike. :p

Slayn

Loyal Freddie
eggy said:
No.

I think that a large amount of people enjoy "fair" FG vs FG fights.

I think that a large amount of people enjoy running in FGs, "fair" numbers of enemies/allies or not.

I think that a large amount of people enjoy "fair" solo fights.

I think that a large amount of people enjoy "zerg" fights.

I think that a large amount of people enjoy siege fights.

I have never stated where the majority lies.

That is 100% correct.

You didn't state where the majority lies.

You just stated where it definately didn't.

<3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom