Votes: 15 2.8%
  • zzzz@polls

Votes: 24 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Norvindus said:
@Shike I had to laugh when you in your post ask that FG players view gets respected as much as other players view (I am assuming you are a fg player)
When in the same post you are tarnishing every other player not playing in accordance to your point of view as Twats/Zergers/adders.

Just give me one good reason why I as a reader of this forum should respect your view, when you yourself obvious can't respect other players playstyle.

I myself like every aspect of the game as I play to have fun, and cba sitting around waiting for that 1 or 2 vital peeps for a set group, and feel that fgVsFg is limiting yourself to a subset of the game which it never really was intended for.

So yeah call me a zerger or adder I frankly don't give a shit because I have fun.

I wasnt really referring to myself you know :) I only said there are tons of other people out there who dont share the same view as zerglings do. And dude, you arent a mod are you? Seeing as it was mods and nothing but mods I actually directed the critics about bias towards. I dont find your playstyle to be something for me and you dont respect mine, thats all. Who cares? There is no point in arguing with zergers anymore, they always fall back on the arguement that, this is fun for me, i pay to play. Ok, I know that. Same way for you, u get nothing for arguing with me about it since I never ever will agree with you. I pay to play and it is fun for me.

I wrote alot more but.. contenta is, I dont mind you aslong as you dont roam around with one single thing in mind, to add. Which some midgroups Ive seen recently actually do, thats the true wankers in my eyes. Have fun zerging!

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
eggy said:
Sorry, where did I say that the majority of the DAOC community don't want FG rvr? I said nothing of the sort.

Konah said that 40% of the community preferred FG rvr, I simply said that's untrue; the truth is that 40% of the people reading this post prefer it, not the community.

Do you know how polling works in real life? I bet you that the people playing the far majority of rvr (this automatically leads to high rr - faster for some than others, but inevitable to high rr, so lets say the high rr people) both prefer fg fights, and reads FH. Furthermore FH rvr section should 'cater' so to speak to precisely those people, as they're the majority of the consistent users of this particular board (thus the majority of the voters on this post).
This whole FH mod thing with promoting zerging (by closing down/deleting a lot of posts/threads advertising the opposite pov) because it's their preffered playstyle, is totally out of tune with the actual userbase of this forum.

What the actual view is of the total daoc playerbase, including the people who only play to rvr very rarely, but spends most of their time not in rvr, is quite impossible to actually deduct in any way, but that doesn't really matter on this forum.

In other words, considering the majority of this forums users prefers not to fight in zergs or siege (15% total for those 2 options) more freedom, than the general trend is, should be given for discussions like that, and modding should restrict itself to personal attacks that is not relevant for ingame matters. (for example that someone (mentioned by name) added, even if he pretends to prefer rvr without adds should not be modded, but that someones mum's a c*nt obviously should be...) A bit more freedom to discuss would be nice.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
xxManiacxx said:
Oki no need to start bitching about solo/fg/zerg in this thread. I do have a point with this and you just have to wait until poll is finished and my next thread.

Comprende?

Once more.

Man I should be able to delete posts in my own threads :)

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Edlina said:
the general trend is, should be given for discussions like that, and modding should restrict itself to personal attacks that is not relevant for ingame matters. (for example that someone (mentioned by name) added, even if he pretends to prefer rvr without adds should not be modded, but that someones mum's a c*nt obviously should be...) A bit more freedom to discuss would be nice.

As I say, discussions about types of RVR play are fine, a good example is this post.

Posts whining/flaming about certain individuals' playstyles, when they are doing nothing against the COC, is not on.

Slayn

Loyal Freddie
eggy said:
As I say, discussions about types of RVR play are fine, a good example is this post.

Posts whining/flaming about certain individuals' playstyles, when they are doing nothing against the COC, is not on.

The above quote is tricky, as whining/flaming on any topic is against forum rules.

Thing is though, FH CoC also says:

We understand that people will disagree and arguments with each other will happen. This is only natural where you have a large collection of users from a variety of different backgrounds with a matching variety of different views. We're not here to prevent open speech or discussion, indeed it is encouraged, but always please try to remember that if you launch personal attacks at others you should do so carefully.

Your current behaviour ignores this. Or rather it bypasses it by saying:

1) Add-whine is banned
2) Anything that mentions, or draws attention to someone adding = add-whine
3) It will therefore be closed/modded/punished

If the CoC 'understands that people will disagree... arguments will happen... discussion is encouraged... personal attacks aren't.'

You in no way follow this line eggy. You replace 'personal attacks' with 'disagreeing with the way someone plays'. Your references to camelot's CoC are beside the point, or in fact reinforce that what you're doing is out of line with forum policy, which is to prevent personal attacks and flames, not to restrict disagreement to play which infringes the DAoC CoC.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Slayn said:
Your current behaviour ignores this. Or rather it bypasses it by saying:

1) Add-whine is banned
2) Anything that mentions, or draws attention to someone adding = add-whine
3) It will therefore be closed/modded/punished.

This is a complete and total generalisation, to which I have neither the time, energy nor incentive to start yet another argument about.

Judging by your signature, you are still obsessed with me. For this I am grateful, but as this thread is going significantly off-topic, I will cease to post on this matter.

Slayn

Loyal Freddie
eggy said:
This is a complete and total generalisation, to which I have neither the time, energy nor incentive to start yet another argument about.

Judging by your signature, you are still obsessed with me. For this I am grateful, but as this thread is going significantly off-topic, I will cease to post on this matter.

The time and energy are for you to determine. The incentive though, if you consider it one, is proving to a large number of people, who see your modding as biased and out of whack with FH policy, that you are in fact willing to open your ears and listen to the rather considerable reasons that lie behind this perception of you.

But of course it is something that no one is interested in. Just like the issue of your previous actions as mod, which generated a 300-post thread, was a 'dead horse'. You have a gift for dismissing this sort of this sort of thing with a flippancy that would put Marie Antoinette to shame.

Someone capable of all this is deserving of some obsessive attention imo, you treat people in a way that is really one of a kind.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Just as a note about who and what read these boards. CLA is i think the biggest guild on exc/hib. We haul in rps everyday cause almost everyone enjoys to rvr in all sorts of constelations. Some fg rvr with gg...next day they solo...next day trio next day zergs etc etc. And i dont see a third voting or saying anything from cla. since most of them never post anything on FH...they might browse through hib section to see any upcoming raids etc..but many are casuals and dont have time to browse every single thread.
So, as a conclusion i think we dont really know what is repepresentative on these forums for the comunity of daoc rvr. We can see here that a large portion of the voters like fg rvr. that is what we see:p And we dont know what manis reason for this pull was...but if it was to make some sort of conclusion on what is really popular in the comunity of daoc i think its impossible to do that with FH.
over and out..

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
strange that another thread can so easily be blown off topic and into personal attacks so quickly. :( If you read back one of the first mistakes made was when someone claimed that the poll represented something about either the forum, the community or people in game.

When we try to make claims about what represents who and what does not, it is obvious just how quickly consensus breaks down and old suspicions reemerge. One person sees the data in one way and another person sees it in another way and they argue over the representation. I guess this kind of makes it interesting in an odd way. I just have no energy for this right now the weather is fine and the pub is calling - count yourselves lucky you wee bastards!

For me this is a good thread because it allows us to share what it is about the various forms of gaming that we enjoy. It emerged very quickly that in fact very few people enjoy exclusively one play style. To me this means that those people who seem to enjoy stereotyping others in gratz threads or wherever should really think again. This thread shows that it is a precarious thing indeed to claim that a player can be represented so easily. Surely we can all agree on this amongst all the other forms of axe grinding? :p

So nice thread xxManiacxx ;)

Marc

FH is my second home
fucking hell, not another thread thrown off track. If you have a problem with any of the mods just take it to Jupitus and stop crying about it

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Marc said:
fucking hell, not another thread thrown off track. If you have a problem with any of the mods just take it to Jupitus and stop crying about it

Marc don't you think it ironic that it was in fact one of the mods that helped to contribute to the thread going slightly off track? I am not so sure that we should complain to Jupitus over that of course, but if you want to you can go ahead and do that. :p

Marc

FH is my second home
Sharkith said:
Marc don't you think it ironic that it was in fact one of the mods that helped to contribute to the thread going slightly off track? I am not so sure that we should complain to Jupitus over that of course, but if you want to you can go ahead and do that. :p

I have no problems with the modding of FH

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Sharkith said:
strange that another thread can so easily be blown off topic and into personal attacks so quickly. :( If you read back one of the first mistakes made was when someone claimed that the poll represented something about either the forum, the community or people in game.

When we try to make claims about what represents who and what does not, it is obvious just how quickly consensus breaks down and old suspicions reemerge. One person sees the data in one way and another person sees it in another way and they argue over the representation. I guess this kind of makes it interesting in an odd way. I just have no energy for this right now the weather is fine and the pub is calling - count yourselves lucky you wee bastards!

For me this is a good thread because it allows us to share what it is about the various forms of gaming that we enjoy. It emerged very quickly that in fact very few people enjoy exclusively one play style. To me this means that those people who seem to enjoy stereotyping others in gratz threads or wherever should really think again. This thread shows that it is a precarious thing indeed to claim that a player can be represented so easily. Surely we can all agree on this amongst all the other forms of axe grinding? :p

So nice thread xxManiacxx ;)

Meh silly rep system, I'll just have to go <metoo> instead.

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Marc said:

Obviously you have a problem with this thread going off topic though (otherwise you wouldn't have expressed yourself so strongly against it), and since a mod helped doing that, you technically, indirectly at least, have a problem with a mod, so yes you do - you were clearly lying in the quote above :(

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
eggy said:
That's completely untrue.

Firstly, all FG albs will port to HW to get to Agramon (which isn't used much at the moment). Secondly, half of the FGs will be roaming around HW.

You can't use /who as a method of approximation.

Just thought I'd quote this again since people seem to like to twist words - OMGZ eggy things FG rvr is all there is and hates zerglings!

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Edlina said:
Obviously you have a problem with this thread going off topic though (otherwise you wouldn't have expressed yourself so strongly against it), and since a mod helped doing that, you technically, indirectly at least, have a problem with a mod, so yes you do - you were clearly lying in the quote above :(

I'm confused :(

As long as we don't get personal and nasty a bit of offtopic is ok :p

oh and as long as we don't end up with +1's everywhere.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Flimgoblin said:
It's nothing against the FGers in particular it's just that people who post on messageboards about a game are not in the majority - majority of daocers probably won't visit FH more than once or twice a year.

tho, my question is - aren't you modding for the FH community and not the community that plays daoc?

coldbeard you liar ;( druid quadros!

Marc

FH is my second home
Edlina said:

lol just lol

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Marc said:

I knows Marc and I have no problems with irony either :)

I equally have no problems with:
  • anyone's modding
  • and mods having an opinion

who cares if they do the place is better for it tbh. :) <hic>

Dorimor1

Banned
I see the benefits of all the types of RvR and enjoy them all to a certain extent, give multi choice poll. I enjoy soloing as its a bit more relaxing but you can get some real good nail-biting fights. FG RvR you have to concentrate and not let your group down, which gives you quite a thrill. Sometimes I like seige warfare if I am up for some roleplaying, also its nice to duo with a friend. Ofc the odd zerg battle consisting of spamming AEs is quite fun from time to time :)

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Best weekend of rvr i remember in some time on my shade was when Albs had instaport into Bolg and mids had instaport into Crim ... was kinda a case of all roads lead to crau :D

Or basically any situation where the 2 attacking realms have instaport to the defending realm ... as being the 3rd realm w/o instaport is bollox as u get a boat and when u reach shore u find 46526982456 rp-horney scouts/sorcs bashing all over u :(

Btw i picked Solo-RvR <3

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Dorimor1 said:
I see the benefits of all the types of RvR and enjoy them all to a certain extent, give multi choice poll. I enjoy soloing as its a bit more relaxing but you can get some real good nail-biting fights. FG RvR you have to concentrate and not let your group down, which gives you quite a thrill. Sometimes I like seige warfare if I am up for some roleplaying, also its nice to duo with a friend. Ofc the odd zerg battle consisting of spamming AEs is quite fun from time to time :)

Thidranki rvr was not on the list :<

Gotmagi

Can't get enough of FH
Samaroon|Terracotta said:
Would love to know who voted for solo rvr like, would bet 80% of it would be wrong :<

I voted for solo, that ok? :)

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
341 votes so far. Actually that is quite good. I will wait a while longer before I make my new thread so that as many as possible have the chance to vote if they want to.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
most of the full groupers are "zerglings" anyway, they will quite happily run a soloer down with 8 people, whats the difference between that and a full group getting zerged? play how you like but dont start throwing shit around about zergers when you do it yourselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom