What song are you listening to right now?

Helme

Resident Freddy
Marc said:
so much metal (shite) songs listed here.

ffs just go into the kitchen and get some pots and pans and bang em together. Then go and strangle your cat and add your own voice over "you are going to die, i hate life etc etc" and you have your vocals.

Voila, your very own metal song, 10 times better than any metal shite listed here.
Taste is like the ass.. splitted in two

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Marc said:
so much metal (shite) songs listed here.

ffs just go into the kitchen and get some pots and pans and bang em together. Then go and strangle your cat and add your own voice over "you are going to die, i hate life etc etc" and you have your vocals.

Voila, your very own metal song, 10 times better than any metal shite listed here.

Marc said:
Safri duo-played alive

xD

you're calling metal crap music 8/ i usually like the drums in metal more than in wannabe dance 8/ (god i hate safri duo)

Marc

FH is my second home
Huntingtons said:
xD

you're calling metal crap music 8/ i usually like the drums in metal more than in wannabe dance 8/ (god i hate safri duo)

Played Alive is shit, just happened to be on the radio as i was browsing this thread and as the title is "what song are you listening to" i thought id post it. Are you telling me that every single person who posted metal shite in this thread was not listening to it through choice?

Metal is shit though. Its noise. You cant dance to it unless you are jumping around, head butting thin air and flapping your arms like a bell-end, with 100 sweaty, greasy teenagers.

But, if thats what floats your boat fair enough.

Helme

Resident Freddy
Marc said:
Played Alive is shit, just happened to be on the radio as i was browsing this thread and as the title is "what song are you listening to" i thought id post it. Are you telling me that every single person who posted metal shite in this thread was not listening to it through choice?

Metal is shit though. Its noise. You cant dance to it unless you are jumping around, head butting thin air and flapping your arms like a bell-end, with 100 sweaty, greasy teenagers.

So what does Marc listen to then as he seems to be above all these "sweaty, greasy teenagers"?

Britney Spears? Boyzone? maybe Backstreet boys?

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Marc said:

alot of people dont listen to music just to dance - i relax with music, when i cook i listen to music, when i play daoc i listen to music - if i dance... i listen to music!

but you only listen to music when you dance? 8//

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
For rvr Im listening to Disturbed / Nightwish / some Slipknot / some Linkin Park ...but mainly first two

tookha

Fledgling Freddie
Opeth - Bleak

<3

Marc said:

Hello mister square. Little narrowminded aren't we?

Marc

FH is my second home
Helme said:
So what does Marc listen to then as he seems to be above all these "sweaty, greasy teenagers"?

Britney Spears? Boyzone? maybe Backstreet boys?

anything but metal. My music tastes are wide and varied. My obvious genre is something i can shake that ass too. Otherwise, anything that has good lyrics, well written music and is sung well. All attributes that sadly, metal doesnt have, unless you call people screaming about how they want to cut up their dog and then slash their wrists, good lyrics.

What am i listening to now? All the everton fans chanting "you fat bastard" at wayne rooney. Even that is easier on the ears than metal.

Marc

FH is my second home
tookha said:
Opeth - Bleak

<3

Hello mister square. Little narrowminded aren't we?

nope, been to a few rock clubs in my time. Not through choice i can tell you. It was excruciating. Grown men just stood in the dance floor (and i use that term loosley), knees bent, playing air guitar whilst head butting thin air. They rock dude!!! Every time i just "back door boogied" after the first bottle (beer glasses are always filthy in rock clubs) and fcked off to a proper club.

Potato Junkie

Fledgling Freddie
NIN - 'The Wretched' .... and then Jeff Buckley - 'Forget Her'... dammit, guess that f's up my 'metal' credentials, stupid mp3 player..
:kissit:

Jugvayne

Can't get enough of FH
Marc said:
Otherwise, anything that has good lyrics, well written music and is sung well. All attributes that sadly, metal doesnt have, unless you call people screaming about how they want to cut up their dog and then slash their wrists, good lyrics.

I'm sure if you heard something outside of Linkin park and Slipknot you'd have a different perspective.

waok`whips

Fledgling Freddie
Linkin Park are just a manufactured pop group, who I do actually think have done very very well and they bring Nu Metal forward, they simply arent your traditional 'metal' type band, they are far from it, but still keep close links with metal and blend it with a hip-hop sound too create a variation of pop that bleeds into pop so well, you combine the metal aspects, which dont really exist in the pop parket today, with the ever so popular hip-hop which dominates pop today, its a cheeky but very easy way for this type of band too break into pop with very little trouble at all.

Uhm slipknot, I guess everyones tastes are different, and saying something is 'shit' is like your condemning that genre or whatever it is your linking it with, is very narrowminded. Music is a universal language, I think its one of the most powerful influences, its really an amazing 'thing'.

I'd much rather see, 'I think it's shit because...' rather than 'Oh and thats shit.' , If your going too say something, atleast follow it up with a reasonable justification, or just shut the fuck up and let people have their opinions on things and don't judge them or their music.

Jugvayne

Can't get enough of FH
waok`whips said:
Linkin Park are just a manufactured pop group, who I do actually think have done very very well and they bring Nu Metal forward, they simply arent your traditional 'metal' type band, they are far from it, but still keep close links with metal and blend it with a hip-hop sound too create a variation of pop that bleeds into pop so well, you combine the metal aspects, which dont really exist in the pop parket today, with the ever so popular hip-hop which dominates pop today, its a cheeky but very easy way for this type of band too break into pop with very little trouble at all.

Uhm slipknot, I guess everyones tastes are different, and saying something is 'shit' is like your condemning that genre or whatever it is your linking it with, is very narrowminded. Music is a universal language, I think its one of the most powerful influences, its really an amazing 'thing'.

I'd much rather see, 'I think it's shit because...' rather than 'Oh and thats shit.' , If your going too say something, atleast follow it up with a reasonable justification, or just shut the fuck up and let people have their opinions on things and don't judge them or their music.

I was just making the point that Slipknot and Linkin park are not metal but crap. And since you want a reason, I dislike them because Linkin Park
because I dislike Hip-Hop. The so called "metal" part of Linkin Park consists of flat, uninteresting riffs, pop structured songs, a horrible, one-key vocalist who can't growl or sing, and writes crappy teeny roblem lyrics.

Slipknot, jsut typical nu-metal, boring downtuned "heavy" riffs, a terrible vocalist, though good drumming, and again awful "I'm a teen I'm so depressed, I'm gonna change the world" lyrics.

waok`whips

Fledgling Freddie
Yes they are crap because you say, so narrow-minded.

There is no note, no vocalist, nothing connected with music that is crap.

People will always have different views, people will always disagree on an artist, or music in general. What may sound 'bad' too you, may not sound the same too someone else. LOL I DISLIKE HIPHOP THATS WHY I DISLIKE THEM LOL GOOD EXCUSE MATE..I HATE CHEESE WITH HOLES IN BUT I LIKE CHEESE WITH NO HOLES IN..

So so narrow-minded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom