What mobile do you have?

Teren

One of Freddy's beloved
Which? :)

If a Nokia then type *#0000# and write the date here :)

Mine is a Nokia 6610, 14/04/2003 :)

fatbusinessman

Fledgling Freddie
SonyEricsson T68i.

CWS31AFW_7465_28_0_1015.gif

It's a very nice phone, but I think next time I'll probably be going back to Nokia.

Will

/bin/su
Samsung A800. It can text and it can do phone calls, which is all I was looking for.

Apparently it has WAP too, but really, do I sound like I care?

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
My two main phones at the moment are my XDA-II and a rather heavily modified SPV E-100 :) as to pictures, ugh, I'll sort those later.

Xav

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
Sagem MW3020

Not the most feature ridden phone, but I don't need fancy stuff :)

Just use it to phone, text, and check/send my email when I'm on holiday.

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hello

Please forgive the lack of dates. Anyway, I'm fortunate to have a SIM-free Nokia 7650, which, despite being large and over a year old, I still love.

computing.nokia.jpg

I've also recently received a SonyEricsson T610, which although very small, I've just not really warmed to as I did with my Nokia.

computing.t610.jpg

Kind Regards

Anul

Fledgling Freddie
Ericson is the best so i have a SonyEricsson T68i and i love it .

SoWat

Loyal Freddie
Nokia 3330 here too.

It's perfect if all you want to do is make phone calls, and aren't too worried about keeping up with the polyphonic/colour crew.

Clown

Part of the furniture
My mum's boss gave her a phone that aint even out in the shops yet.
Nokia 6820

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Clown said:
My mum's boss gave her a phone that aint even out in the shops yet ... Nokia 6820
For those interested, this (very nice) phone will be available ~first quarter 2004 and feature:

• Messaging keyboard (as per the 6800)
  • SMS, MMS, Instant Messaging and e-mail
  • Integrated digital camera
  • Bluetooth wireless connectivity and IrDA support
  • XHTML browser and tri-band support

More information can be found at http://www.nokia.com/phones/6820

Kind Regards

Custodian

Loyal Freddie
I have always had Nokias, and currently have a 6210. Not flash by any means, but simply functional.
There is a very simple reason I have this particular model, and all the previous Nokias.
I don't buy them... my firm does :)
I have never bought my own phone as I have always had one provided (goes with the 24/7 IT support type functions I usually manage).

Zephirus

Fledgling Freddie
I've got a 6800 (with the flip keyboard) 08-04-03 on the firmware. Though i've got a couple of those 3g motorolas kicking about.

Lam

Fledgling Freddie
Got a Samsung SGH-E700 and so far I like it a lot.
Easy to use and has all the features I want in a phone.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
jonty made me

The current array from my desktop, my two current phones are bottom-right :)

mobiles.jpg

Before you bitch - Jonts made meh :(

Xav

Afx

Fledgling Freddie
Sony Ericsson t610, Cameras shit on it but ive never even had cause to use it so cant say it bothers me much, Its small and light which is all i was really interested in.

TUG

It's my birthday today!
I have a Nokia 7250i :( Should have chose the T610! lol

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Finally got fed up with Nokia after my 6310i started dropping calls then crashing - only way to fix it was to chuck it on the floor - so I bought a SonyEricsson T610 and I've been chuffed to bits with it. I've yet to see a phone that takes better pictures (except in low light conditions), its nice and small and the UI makes so much more sense than the Nokia one.

T610 = teh w1nn0r.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Bodhi said:
Finally got fed up with Nokia after my 6310i started dropping calls then crashing - only way to fix it was to chuck it on the floor - so I bought a SonyEricsson T610 and I've been chuffed to bits with it. I've yet to see a phone that takes better pictures (except in low light conditions), its nice and small and the UI makes so much more sense than the Nokia one.

T610 = teh w1nn0r.
I really didn't rate the camera on the T610, seemed really slow and only captured the image a second or so after pressing the button... but I got mine pretty early so it might have been dodgy firmware :(

Has anyone got any recent shots from their T610 to have a peek at?

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Xavier said:
Has anyone got any recent shots from their T610 to have a peek at?
I'll try and upload some, but to be honest, I wasn't too impressed either. Firstly, the resolution is a step down after the Nokia 7650's (interpolated) 640x480, but that's fair enough I suppose. However, more than that, the pictures themselves seemed 'grainy' and somewhat disappointing. Still, with a bit of editing I guess such things can be improved. Of the two, however, I prefer Nokia's camera. Below is a shot taken in the Natural History Museum, London, on my 7650 (sorry about the file size) ...

museum.jpg

Kind Regards

Edit ~ One thing I do like about the T610, however, is the little mirror button you can attach to the back of the phone. This helps you to frame your shot even when the screen/viewfinder is facing away from you - very simple but very clever :)

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Jonty said:
Edit ~ One thing I do like about the T610, however, is the little mirror button you can attach to the back of the phone. This helps you to frame your shot even when the screen/viewfinder is facing away from you - very simple but very clever :)
Panasonic and Sharp included it as standard on both their clamshell photo phones, even the XDA-II has one if I remember rightly...

*checks*

yes, it does.

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Ericsson T68 here (+ T68i firmware). Does me find, though the user interface could be a lot better, the depth of the menus is insane sometimes. The work around, the shortcuts menu, has in turn the most poorly designed configuration in the history of anything*.

I'm after a PDA phone really, but can't afford one. It'll have to wait until my sandwich year to earn for it I think.

*Apart from text based Linux installs, possibly.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Shovel said:
Ericsson T68 here (+ T68i firmware). Does me find, though the user interface could be a lot better, the depth of the menus is insane sometimes. The work around, the shortcuts menu, has in turn the most poorly designed configuration in the history of anything*.

I'm after a PDA phone really, but can't afford one. It'll have to wait until my sandwich year to earn for it I think.

*Apart from text based Linux installs, possibly.

is the T9 input as sucky and laggy as it was on the T68?

mookie

One of Freddy's beloved
Shovel said:
mmmmmm sandwiches. anyway, i hate my t68i. cant wait to get rid of the thing, and i have no idea what i want to upgrade to.

CertifiedBomb

Fledgling Freddie
i only got a nokia 5210e :(, which really sucks... i want to annoy people on the train with polyphonic ringtones god damn it!!

D

Deadmanwalking

On this subject. I am after a new phone for Xmas :D At the moment i have a shared/etc etc Sendo 550 :(

The Samsung E700/710 looks like sex but im not sure .. help meh :(

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Depends what you want it for... are you only using it for prepaid/calls etc?

Xav

D

Deadmanwalking

Well the idea of a camera is a big factor. ;)

But yes the main thing stopping me is the cost :(
The handset alone is 350 odd and with a contract well :(

fatbusinessman

Fledgling Freddie
Xavier said:
is the T9 input as sucky and laggy as it was on the T68?
Not quite, as now when it gets behind it can display an entire block to catch up (so it won't chug along displaying one character at a time).

It's still kinda slow though, especially if (like me) you're in the habit of writing long text messages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom