what is the WORST thing warhammer could do..

waiman

Fledgling Freddie
I was reading irc just now, and i came up with an idea as a 'fun type thread'

what is the worst thing that the warhammer admins could do :)

some ideas/surjestions for ya, to get you started...

'Hi we at the warhammer online team, feel that the game should now be PvE only' 2 weeks before release

'Hello fans of warhammer, we have great news!, warhammer is nolonger pvp based, nor pve, its now a crafting only game!' i wonder how long it would be before people got bored of painting models of dwarfs online ^^

spam away ;P

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
'WAR cancelled. EA bought Blizzard and is working on WoW2.'

Canabi

Fledgling Freddie
"Josh Drescher fucked "theguythatrunsgamesworshop"'s doughter so they wont let us release a warhammer based game. So we decided to go with teddybears instead."

waiman

Fledgling Freddie
LOL okorei :D:D

and canabi, i guess the main reason josh banged that chick (figure of speech) was because she wanted a beta >< :D:D

i know its fictional, but it rang bells in my head ^^

Deadweight89

Fledgling Freddie
Due to negative feedback in beta, Warhammer Online will now feature Space Marines!

Canabi

Fledgling Freddie
LOL okorei :D:D

and canabi, i guess the main reason josh banged that chick (figure of speech) was because she wanted a beta >< :D:D

i know its fictional, but it rang bells in my head ^^

if her dad was "theguythatrunsgamesworkshop"', do you really think she had to fuck a kinda ugly nerd (no offence Josh^^) to get into beta?

waiman

Fledgling Freddie
if her dad was "theguythatrunsgamesworkshop"', do you really think she had to fuck a kinda ugly nerd (no offence Josh^^) to get into beta?

what ever floats ya boat i guess, and if needs a must ;p

NeonDion

Fledgling Freddie
Well, they are doing some disturbing things right now. There is a thread on the WarhammerAlliance.com message boards where developer Mark Jacobs got into an argument with forum members, and it got bloody.

Increasing Amount of NDA breaks = Worrisome. - Warhammer Forums

It was interesting to see the developer go at it with some members of the community. The disturbing part was when the forum moderators acted as a lapdog and began censoring posts, eventually locking the thread. I am as excited for WAR as anyone, but I hope to be able to post my thoughts on forums without the fear of censorship.

Edited: grammar

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Introduce steal as invisibility, instead of say a 20-35-50% etc reduction to hit for attackers.

Because invisibility just doesn't exist in warhammer.

Case

Fledgling Freddie
Announce the first expansion will be just like TOA in DAoC full of "fun" and "exciting" item and mob farming for days on end.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
"Due to increasing costs the game will now be repackaged as web based planetarion style game with all moves being processed once a day. Will also be launched exclusively through Facebook and will require you to invite all your mates before being able to progress past level 1"

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Well, they are doing some disturbing things right now. There is a thread on the WarhammerAlliance.com message boards where developer Mark Jacobs got into an argument with forum members, and it got bloody.

Increasing Amount of NDA breaks = Worrisome. - Warhammer Forums

It was interesting to see the developer go at it with some members of the community. The disturbing part was when the forum moderators acted as a lapdog and began censoring posts, eventually locking the thread. I am as excited for WAR as anyone, but I hope to be able to post my thoughts on forums without the fear of censorship.

Edited: grammar

I think mbj did quite well if I were him I'd simply of not posted or ignored certain cretins :p

I also think the mods were good the thread could quite easily have been locked a lot sooner most of the stuff they edited was abusive, nda breaking or inapropriate my only surprise in that thread is there isn't a few more users with the status "banned" as for your concern about being censored as long as you abide by the rules you wont be censored here nor at WHA.

On topic : the worst they could do right now is crush my waining hopes of a june release :p

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Worst thing would be if they did indeed make WAR into DAoC2.

G

GET RELEASED AT ALL

fucking stupid orks, get out of the fkin house and do something.......

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
GET RELEASED AT ALL

fucking stupid orks, get out of the fkin house and do something.......

Like what, wise guy? Riot on the streets, down with oppression, where's my democracy, damn you all! We will be free! Oh bollocks, there's nobody else rioting... oh... what's that stick for orrificer? Ach! Och! Ooof! Ugh! Ganked! Nerf!

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
To avoid the dev team focusing too much on unimportant art assets instead of core gameplay we will be removing all graphics and sounds from the game. Players will now connect to the server via telnet.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Announce that they don't believe Warhammer is going to be successful so they're going back to Imperator Online!

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
Have to agree with a few of the other posts, were all still hoping on a June release (which is still in agreement with Q2 and 'Early 2008 as stated officially on the web) on one hand it would be brilliant if they gave us a release date but if it said it was not going to be until later in the year I'd be gutted.... although I could console myself with the fact we at least had a confirmed date!

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
Have to agree with a few of the other posts, were all still hoping on a June release (which is still in agreement with Q2 and 'Early 2008 as stated officially on the web) on one hand it would be brilliant if they gave us a release date but if it said it was not going to be until later in the year I'd be gutted.... although I could console myself with the fact we at least had a confirmed date!

on the news part of warhammeronline.com, in the 'press coverage' section, check the sound fragment of february 26,2008... there it is clearly stated they do have an exact release date (this one dude, don't know his name but it's either Jeff or Josh, says he knows EXACTLY WHEN the game will be released... he just can't tell yet (probably because you never know some problem might show up and thus the game needs to be tested a bit longer, blablabla))

So my point is: They know an exact date when the game will be out (and thus we can believe this date is in the Q2, probably 30th June or something) but just won't tell us so they wouldn't have to dissapoint us if they'd have to move the release date (once again). But if everything goes as planned, it should be June... it must be!!!! <start rocking back and forth, hands on ears>

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
on the news part of warhammeronline.com, in the 'press coverage' section, check the sound fragment of february 26,2008... there it is clearly stated they do have an exact release date (this one dude, don't know his name but it's either Jeff or Josh, says he knows EXACTLY WHEN the game will be released... he just can't tell yet (probably because you never know some problem might show up and thus the game needs to be tested a bit longer, blablabla))

So my point is: They know an exact date when the game will be out (and thus we can believe this date is in the Q2, probably 30th June or something) but just won't tell us so they wouldn't have to dissapoint us if they'd have to move the release date (once again). But if everything goes as planned, it should be June... it must be!!!! <start rocking back and forth, hands on ears>

Man I missed that one!! just listening to it now! if they know the release date then surely its going to be inside Q2 as you said!

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie
I don think it will be as early as June.

One thing about WOW, love it or hate it, it set the bar for modern MMORPGS level of acceptence from the community.

If they release WAR in a state lik DAOC (which was acceptable then) with zones missing items and such, people WILL go elsewhere nowadays. WOW as released as a such a technicall ypolished product...so much fluff that you dont normally see in games till years after release (deny it all you want, its true....regardless of what you thing of the game itself).

If Mythic think of pulling a quick one, the way MMORPGS developers used to, I think they are in for a rude awakening.

Like it or lump it, WAR will need a portion of WOWS subscriber base, to do that, on top of offering somethgin totally new, it needs to be polished or they wont suffer it. Far too many MMORPGs in the past have released too early. WOW didnt. It shows in the subs numbers.

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
If Mythic think of pulling a quick one, the way MMORPGS developers used to, I think they are in for a rude awakening.

I agree, but I don't think they will. That betacounter is a nice little profit-o-meter to remind EA that it's worth the investment.

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
I don think it will be as early as June.

One thing about WOW, love it or hate it, it set the bar for modern MMORPGS level of acceptence from the community.

If they release WAR in a state lik DAOC (which was acceptable then) with zones missing items and such, people WILL go elsewhere nowadays. WOW as released as a such a technicall ypolished product...so much fluff that you dont normally see in games till years after release (deny it all you want, its true....regardless of what you thing of the game itself).

Like it or lump it, WAR will need a portion of WOWS subscriber base, to do that, on top of offering somethgin totally new, it needs to be polished or they wont suffer it. Far too many MMORPGs in the past have released too early. WOW didnt. It shows in the subs numbers.

I totally agree with you on this with regards to them releasing an un-finished product however dont forget this game has been in development for a long, long time now and they originally planned to release it last year!!

Now with EA behind this...... and I dont care if they've stated they dont mind how long it takes blah blah blah, every month and infact every week this game goes on un-released both EA and Mythic are losing money, shelling out huge wage bills etc with no income at all from this game yet.

As every month passes millions in subscription fees are lost due to the game not being released, theres going to be pressure to get this released as soon as possible.

As I stated however I'd hate them to release this un-finshed and I also do believe EA are being more reasonable than normal and giving them more time to finish this game, its been put back once and I dont think they'd be able to do it agian unless an unforseen and big problem cropped up.

Also dont forget that yes, the game was pushed back.... but its been pushed back a long, long time with still no actual release date...... thats a long time to hold up a game, and all those lots millions will be ringing in EA's ears!

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
It shows in the subs numbers.

I think the sub numbers are because the company was well known, and dont forget the month s and months of ADD tells us to buy it, I think it was the first mmo which I have ever seen on TV, oh well still dont change the face the core game was POOR and uninspiring.

If anyone remember WoW was going to be a PvP game when it first started what happened to that? these limited BG where poor and badly thought out of you ask me, Ghost walking just left to Greefing, oh and lets not forget if someone steals form you in game (say you want someone to enchant something and they steal you mats) the GMs will just tell you to FUCK OFF, even if you have proof, for all the faults GOA had at least they were ontop of the in game community (most of the time) if I had an issue they would sort it out.

Also I still dont think Mythic are lissing from reading the newsletters, Scenarios still seam to be a focal point which is a real shame, dont get me wrong I loved some of the Battle grounds in DAOC you have Thidrinky, and then over time they added more so you had the option at each level to take part, They were fun and at time unfair when you had 4 or 5 of you Vs a whole army of Tolls Stamping on your head. I still regard these as some of the best times.

The problem is wow opened to door for everyone to play mmos, it brought in all the people who should be just playing there Xbox or PS, can you remember in Camelot people where happy we had alliances we had our comunity and Realm pride, Did you ever see this in wow? Was there ever really any sence of community?

anyway I think if babbled on enough about some random bollox and if forgot why I started this post ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom