what is the WORST thing warhammer could do..

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
nah i actually agree with you undying angel wow had no sense of community outside of our own guilds but then we also have to remember wow has thousands of people per server where daoc had maybe 1000 tops on per realm infact i think only alb ever topped that on a regular basis, it was a lot easier for goa to manage those numbers than blizz to manage and lets be honest here the pure amount of pricks that play wow (yes all games have em but wow tops the list by far)

i love daoc id go back to it tommorow if the servers filled up its the only mmo i find myself really missing but i agree with some posters the worst thing they could do is make war into daoc2.
daoc had its day and it was brilliant, as far as im concerned it wipes the floor with the likes of wow, but we all played daoc to death if war feels the same as daoc then we are gonna get bored quick, and i really dont want that war is a chance to rebuild the daoc community on hopefully 1 server in a new game with new experiences and goals.

as for the release date EA are under pressure to release this game before conan and WotLK they know they will get a good amount of subs from wow 1 read of the wow forums tells you that but to take the max amount of ppl away they need to release these before new games or new content comes along i think june is a realistic goal

MMO's are never released fully built NEVER! not even wow which is why the end game of wow at release was so laughably dull they didnt expect ppl to lvl so quickly. mythic have to say look we can launch when this and that has been added and perform a series of patches to add content as needed otherwise the game will simply never be released mmos are never really finished :)

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
as I said on another forum: there is a sound fragment where jeff or josh says he knows EXACTLY when the game will come, but just can't tell (for obvious reasons: the same reason why they don't tell us anything they're not sure off). So he's very sure the game will come out in Q2 of 2008 (probably june), but just can't say so because you never know they suddenly find a giant bug that needs more time to solve it.

But war is coming sooner than you think! :)

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
funny to hear the ppl moan about guild beta ( me included :p) im beginning to think this is gonna be mythics way of open beta so they can get proper feedback and hear from ppl who giv a shit instead of the thousands who will trash talk it because mob x didnt drop a leet weapon :p

so technically the worst thing mythic could do is do a completely open beta!

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
funny to hear the ppl moan about guild beta ( me included :p) im beginning to think this is gonna be mythics way of open beta so they can get proper feedback and hear from ppl who giv a shit instead of the thousands who will trash talk it because mob x didnt drop a leet weapon :p

so technically the worst thing mythic could do is do a completely open beta!

I really can't see them doing a completely open beta, I think they'll just invite a massive amount from the beta registrants and people who have pre-ordered from certain retailers etc etc.

I do agree with Flurry though, I think we will be seeing WAR a lot sooner that a lot of people are speculating, August, September or even later...... unless of course something goes wrong between now and June.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
due terrorist threads.. this game will be renamed to: WeDoNotAttackTerroristsOrDoAnyHa(r)mInThisGame +r xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom