What do you drive?

F

FatBusinessman

I'm going to get flamed if I say the word "Volvo", aren't I?

E

Embattle

No, you won't get flamed.........

..............you'll be killed.

S

SoWat

Currently have a TDCi Mondeo (the 130ps jobby).

Friends and neighbours laugh at it...until they have a go.

P

PR.

Bah what is it with all these 'super cars' in this thread :) were's the people who drive those shite cars I have to dodge during the week?

I drive a Seat Ibiza 1.6 Sport, its only my 2nd car so no super cars... yet :)

M

mr.Blacky

I drive a tram to work, cheaper and better for the enviroment :D
tram.jpeg

hell even this one ;)

B

Big G

Ford Fiesta Zetec-S 1.6 - pretty nippy and it's possibly the most fun car to drive on a B road.

Soon to replace with either two options:

1. Ford racing puma conversion for it
2. Relace with Renault Clio 172

Hmm, not so sure.

G

C

Cdr

Get ya self a nice Mitsubishi Evo VIII - only 30k for the top spec one.

And then give it to me, and I shall give you my brother's Z3 (well, I'll tell you when he's home and when it can be stolen).

S

SoWat

Originally posted by mank
I trust Ford's like I trust Microsoft.

I've driven a fair few makes in my time, and I can't say any have been any worse than others, especially these days (if you discount Peugeots bursting into flames).

As a soon-to-be driver, Ford is your friend. Parts are common and cheap.

S

Sir Frizz

Toasty!

The engine in this thing wouldn't look out of place in jet aircraft. :/

Evos over Imprezas btw.

M

mank

Originally posted by SoWat
I've driven a fair few makes in my time, and I can't say any have been any worse than others, especially these days (if you discount Peugeots bursting into flames).

As a soon-to-be driver, Ford is your friend. Parts are common and cheap.

Two people I know, one is a taxi driver (well, he's more of a chaffeur and ithe taxi's are all pretty lush) and the other is a used car dealer and both have warned me away from Ford as they've got a tendency to break down. A lot.

L

leggy

Originally posted by Xtro 2.0
I set my Golf on fire in '96.

That's a Don Henley song I think.

I drive a vectra for those who care. In all honesty vauxhalls are worse than ford and not much better than yugos. I am selling it in a couple of months.

You'll notice the lack of flash car. Despite being able to afford it I'd rather spend my money on travelling and women. Anyway, I'm perfectly secure with a small penis. A flash car isn't going to make it any bigger.

W

Wilier

Originally posted by Embattle
My new car next year (Super Large Image, tough tits to modem users :p):

hugley oversized image of car

If you get one of those next year Embeh, I will bare my arse in Woolworths window ;)

The Family Wil have a Renault Megane Scenic (hmmmm, nice) and a BM323 coupe, which I use for work.

X

xane

Originally posted by leggy
I drive a vectra for those who care. In all honesty vauxhalls are worse than ford and not much better than yugos. I am selling it in a couple of months.

You are being harsh on Vauxhalls, whilst the Vectra is truely a POS not all models are as bad, my father has owned a string of Vauxhalls over many years and the Vectra was the only bad one he had.

I own a 9yo Corsa, its very battered now after spending six years living in East London, but it runs fine. Whereas my Mum's mate gets brand new Fords (Fiesta and Ka) because he gets a discount on them but they fall apart after 3 years.

Hopefully next year I may change it for a PT Cruiser :)

F

Furr

2003_fms_4002_4.jpg

2003_fms_4002_1.jpg

Pitty this this car will never exist, wouldn't mind a batmobile.

J

Jupitus

I have a Vectra sri (2 litre not 2.5 :()

I like it alot, but I recognise it's definitely not as good as it's peers, just a personal preference I guess. When I was doing an hour each way on motorways for my commute it was great, hat being exactly the kind of job it was designed for (no I'm not a sales rep though :)) but now I just use it to get to and from the station so I guess it's a bit underworked.

What I don't like about it is the effing seat. I'm now living in lumbago land and can't walk properly thanks to desk job and driving :( Vectras are known for poor driver position I think.

I've had it since new as a company car which I then bought (very cheap for a car I knew had always been very well looked after) and she's now done over 120k miles and still pulls strong and doesn't burn oil.

I wouldn't recommend you buy one though :)

My other car is a Golf. It's the 1.8 litre, 90BHP estate (as opposed to the 75BHP one). Drives very nicely and has been very reliable from when we bought it (had about 35k miles on it then). It's the 'hot hatches' that carry the insurance premium, so unless you're prepared to stump up on the insurance another model may be better.

Drove my best mate's new merc the other day. 5 litre convertible, cost him about 75k quid.... lovely car, very well made, very fast indeed, but I'd never own one. Merc says to me 'fat and lazy'. If I had 75 grand it would be going on... hmm.... in no particular order:

Ferrari Dino
TVR Cerbera (I am unbeaten in Gran Turismo 2 with my Cerbera.. yeah I know it doesn't necessarily mean the car is good in real life but I'm dreaming, ok?)
Lotus Esprit Turbo
A nice big fat Jag for going on holiday in :)

D

Durzel

I've got a Honda Civic Type-R. Fast little thing, but kinda Focus-esque.

D

Dr_Weasel

Im currently driving a hairdressers motor like Summo :) It might get a lot of stick, but I enjoy it.

However, Im thinking of trading it in for a Maxda RX8. I test drove one at the weekend and Im very impressed! 232 BHP for 22 grand. A bargin :)

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by old.[MPZ]Padwah
Here's my ride Mank, look away now...

Karmann2.jpg
Were you falling over when you took the picture?

S

S-Gray

Well theres a lot of hills in Scotland for you to venture out into Will!

W

Will

Its actually a town bike. Semi-slick tyres, and only eight gears. I'm too lazy to seek out any mountains.

O

old.[MPZ]Padwah

Originally posted by Jonaldo
Were you falling over when you took the picture?

Aye, picture still turned out alright though :)

J

Jonny_Darko

Seat Leon 1.6

But currently eyeing up the new Chrysler Crossfire...not sure yet how I'll afford it but it will be mine, oh yes.

D

domirx

peugeot 406 (petrol so not about to catch fire) and its a fine car, very comfortable on long motorway journeys (i do 50,000 mpy).

My last car was a 150bhp Golf DTI and I have to say I hated it, it had only one thing going for it and that was it was fast, However I simply never found it a pleasure to drive and it always felt very basic inside for what was essentially a top of the range model.

Its funny Id allways fancied having a golf before it but ill never buy another VW. (I had a few problems with it as well).

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by domirx
peugeot 406 (petrol so not about to catch fire) and its a fine car, very comfortable on long motorway journeys (i do 50,000 mpy).

My last car was a 150bhp Golf DTI and I have to say I hated it, it had only one thing going for it and that was it was fast, However I simply never found it a pleasure to drive and it always felt very basic inside for what was essentially a top of the range model.

Its funny Id allways fancied having a golf before it but ill never buy another VW. (I had a few problems with it as well).

I had a Golf GTi for a few days before getting my Vectra. The cars are comparable in terms of performance (though the GTi does the SRi on acceleration) but when you hit 90 in the Golf it feels like you need to hang on for dear life :( In the Vectra, cruising at 90+ the car feels totally sure on the road, and I like that :)

M

Mr^B

Renault Megane Coupé (the original Williams 16v 2.0i)
Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.8 16v (I'm a dad, you HAVE to own a sensible car).

Been looking at getting a compromise between the two, but with plenty of "bollocks", Golf R32 looks nice/affordable (5 door) although the boot is miniscule.

Users who are viewing this thread