What did you make when u first got daoc!!

O

old.Laryssa

cloth wearing firby blademaster - Lalina DeLaDut was her name

and i was disappointed coz she got hit soooo hard :D

O

old.anubis

celt/bm on US up to lvl 30ish
norse/sb first week of euro release

S

Shanaia

First day of release I made an Avalonian Cleric. Always knew I was going to be full rejuv with him. Just didn't know Avalonian wasn't the best class for a cleric :p

Leveled him from 5 to 25 with Roalith... then had a break from the game and when I came back I rolled Shanaia the scout

Dinged my cleric 50 last week \o/

F

frogster

Stlong Earth Theurg shortly after retail. got to lvl 21 and got bored.
Made stlong Armsman got to lvl 42 where he stayed for about 1 year
Then made stlong cleric :D

B

Brynn

made a cleric called Balthazzar. Played him to 10 - i remember the virigillis room in mithra. Made a paladin called brynn played him all the way to 50 and im still stuck with him :p

H

hellraisermk2

Started the first or second week into retail (gawd knows) with a Norse Warrior trained in the art of Parry and 2h Hammer :) He was the only character I had until I hit 50, then I started with the usual alts.

O

old.yaruar

Originally posted by Tasans
I made a thane :rolleyes:
nothing wrong with that!

we just need to convince everyone else we're not gimps!

I

inertia

Thane named Saric Stormspeaker on excal shortly after release. Had seen an RL friend pwn oranges with his zerk, so wanted a big stlong type who could do the same (as big as you get being a dorf anyways hehe).

Had a short spell with a kobbie SB before I found out kobbies could become warriors. I'd only ever seen troll/dorf/norse tanks, so HAD to make one to be different (think I actually found 2 kobbie warriors, 1 50 and 1 high 40s before I hit 25. Then they started becoming more normal.. Anyways, had tons of fun always fighting with Poon for teh aggro in Vendo =p. Hated svendo room by the time we were done there, but find I miss it now from time to time. Remember how hard the savager was the first couple times we tried him Poon? =)

Anyways, RL friends had gone alb/pryd, so I followed, first char there was a briton female merc. Quickly decided caster was more me, so went for cabbie. Every time I'm near Renaris, I think back on the first time I tried focus pull with a lowbie Conoor for heals on the trees there =p

Long time ago that, and recently had a lot of fun with my latest Thid alt.. You guessed it, briton female merc =)

Maybe it's time to do another dorf thane hehe

O

oblivion_6

Originally posted by wildsorcerer
started daoc after all my items where scamed off me on D2

funnythat

the reason i started was i got all my items scammed from me in lineage

O

old.yaruar

First character rolled was yaruar, read up a lot before release and started day one of the release. Had a great time spending months leveling to 20 with my guildies. Wanted to play a thane as I usually play casters in games but wanted a caster who could fight too. Remember going to RvR when I hit 15! and having epic battles in emain and chasing gank groups in Uppland and Yddryga.

Still playing yaruar, don't think I'll ever replace him as my main, but I'm now slowly leveling an aug/pac shamen on my second account and when he hits 20 I will start duoing with a warrior so I have somebody a bit more useful in rvr... Although I suspect I'll play shamen and thane anyway ;)

I remember the days well of being lucky to have 1 piece of blue armour and struggling to solo blues all the way up to my high 30's.....
Dreading the level grind again which is why I've been putting off leveling my alts...

S

snarks

Noob Alert

Didn't start playing the game until Aug 2003 :eek:

First char I rolled was a Minstrel who is still my main and currently embroiled in the bitter battles of bg3 along with a load of other 30 something chars. With any luck he'll max out by Xmas and then proceed to claim his prize and then enter a mad levelling frenzy to lvl 50.

Currently working on a Necro to farm goods and money to support an Alchemy habit and a Merc called Justanotheralb who is teaming with a rl friends merc called Yetanotheralb

M

mincepie

Week or 2 after beta - Norse Thane called Gradius Knificus on Mid/Exc. Got him to level 22ish before realising that I didn't need to spec in hammer and axe :eek:

S

Sichama

First Character i ever made in DAoC was...not me. :(

I made a Mid-Excal-Skald, but he lived for about ohhh 3 houres, then Sichama was created, that is about 1 and 1/2 year ago. Since then he has had many brothers and sisters but he was the first, except for that skald that is.

C

chosen

i joined albion in the beta and my first char was a Armsman because they looked so cool on the picture, and i had no idea how to spec him but i capped xbow because that was also sooo cool :p
i also made a armsman when the retail version released, got him to level 42 speeced him 2 handed 34 in xbow etc, before i got tired and went midgard for about 1 1/2 year ago and made a skald :)

M

Merl

First character i made was a wizy in first few weeks of retail i think, got to lvl 10 before i found it impossible to lvl, probably as i was specced about 3 earth 4 ice 3 fire or something gimped like that. Then made and armsman which i also managed to gimp in the same way by speccing in to many things, so i started again with another armsman which i got to 26 before a mate decided to make a new character and convinced me to make a char to lvl up with him, so i made another wizy which i am still playing to this day ;)

O

oldnick

Been playing almost 2yrs, started in march time I think.
The first character i made as soon as I loaded the game was a Briton Paladin. I cant remember where I spent my points tbh.(prolly int and pie)

I used the name I was using in Counterstrike and I played him as best I could. I gimped his spec a bit , but the patch with the full respec sorted that (still have full respec). Now hes a pretty good PvE Pally. Never rerolled at all.

name is Oldnick

Nick

P

p1gface

My first character was on the beta day one excal server i was an albion cabalist and my brother was a theurgist and for a while we were the highest of our classes till about level 16 but after the 1st beta character wipe i didnt play much till retail.

D

DaggerElivager

i played in open beta as a armsman then last week of that i played kobold sm and loved mid casters. So at retail from day one i was kobbie sm until about 5 months in when i re rolled as a runemaster and been that ever since :D

Z

zero-hero

Wanted to be a noble knight so rolled an armsman, and im no near noble now ROFL!!

btw pole, 2h, and s/s spec rux... haha

R

Riddler

heh first ever char....

was early beta, saracen mage with +2 in all stats or smth
tried killing mobs with my af shield and kept dying, so i got fed up and went for norse warr Cardog Ramfunk :D only got to lvl 29 cause of the beta syndrome (make new chars and try new specs all the time) can remember bringing him to emain at lvl 15 along with a hunter and a zerker, got to close to DC and got buttraped by the overpowered champion commander :p ....ported in again and got 1 shotted by a slash/shield armsman at tower :D

sigh beta was so damn fun ....

mincer was my first char in retail iirc :p

I

iluvatur

Well.... my daoc was fucked from the start ... i wanted to become a wizard so i read the manual and it said that mages could become wizards by joining the academy. So i become a white haired avalonian with mage 10 in int dex con (well at least i got that right). put my points into body/matter thinking that i could start speccing fire/ice etc at level 5. Wasn't really sure what my debuffs etc did, but i knew i could DD stuff.... . When i got to level 5 .. running around to find a wizard trainer .. a wizard then told me i had to become a sorc or cabalist. I was gutted cos it'd taken me so long to get to 5 that i thought i might as well stick with it (lol).

Made a sorc and my mate said i should join up with him at cammy ... i was like wtf is cammy? thinking he meant a camp i roamed around lethantis looking for this camp until we both figured out that we had started at different places ^^ and that he meant camelot.

I finally got past sals plains (after being raped by random bandits on the way) on a horse ... but my horse took me up to humerton or something and i go north ... thinking i was at prydywn and end up at Snow station. an hour later im at prydywn and am so pissed off i forced my mate to come to me so i didnt get lost again. we went to mithra where we died on like the second pull and i was still bound at lethantis .. nooooooooooo!

C

chretien

Chretien was my first ever character about a week into retail. I picked an Avalonian cos they looked coolest and put my initial points into Dex, Str, Int and Charisma because I figured all the stats were important.

A friend from an online gaming clan came online to show me around after I'd been playing for about 6 hours, he was level 25 or something and I figured he must be some kind of god at that level. He lent me enough money for a horse ticket to Camelot and told me where to jump off. I still remember the first time I went inside Camelot, I didn't know what it was, I thought I'd found a dungeon or something and was expecting to get thoroughly killed.

I became a paladin and logged out for a bit to read some class guides that my friend had sent me links to. I then realised how much I'd gimped Chret but by this point I had like 7 hours /played bound up in him and I didn't feel like going back through that again.

B

Blood

Originally posted by chimaira
Beta or retail.
first time u started up daoc. the very first time.

what did u make. and why? ;)

I made a d0rf [HUNTER] warrior. with an eyepatch. :m00:

On Beta test server Excalibur/Midgard

I just asked people and I wanted somene who could fight with weapons :D

pretty much same as you (highlighted), i made a hunter cause i thought hiding and shooting people sounded cool

O

old.Jable

i made a druid in beta, enjoyed playing and did some nice soloing with my pet in tow.

made a druid in release and took 8 months to get to lvl 50. then i made a b+b hero and got to lvl 20 in 24hrs playtime. lvled alot faster to 50 then.

should have gone hero to begin with, druid tooo slow when you cant get a group..

N

Nazghul-

I made a norse thane with +5 empathy!! His name was drackir but i deleted him and i kinda regret that :/

O

old.Jerioth

First started in Alb with an armsman, didnt really have a clue how to play the game, so I got bored of it and hardly played.

Then I went to see LOTR and it all changed! Rolled an Elf ranger 4tehwin! called.............Legolaass :clap:

http://www.boadi99.btinternet.co.uk/Daoc/Legolaass.jpg

Was a good character but then a few days before Beta was due to be wiped I thought I might aswell try a different character, and at that time the 2 best/highest characters were Wardens (Malkaen *sp* and Alderian).

http://www.boadi99.btinternet.co.uk/Daoc/MyHero.jpg

Rolled Jeri and got higher lvl than I did with ranger in like half the time :m00:

B

Brunore

I made a dorf viking, ran about in mularn for a bit, ended up in vaud after getting lost in jord.

Some kind guy game me some silver so I jumped on a horse, ended up in a place called Galplen, swam through some water, then got killed by something called a Tingler.

Hello Mularn village.

My first retail toon was a pally on alb/pry, called Yond.

He was kinda gimped so I deleted and rolled a dorf thane and named him, Brunore!!!1

Had much fun doing quests, then the BG came as he hit 24, wtfpwnd!!1 many tin cans, joined EoO, went to malmo at 40 and was MAing from 45-50 in mezz pull groups :(

Evantually got to L50 and RR5 then got bored :F

T

the_fnord

Started to play oct last year.
1st char I made was Oblivious the SM on my m8s comp.. *waves to Wasques* lvled him to about 8 or 9 (while my mate cleaned her flat or sleept or watched tv) before I made up my mind to buy the game.
Rerolled Oblivious and got him to lvl 15 or sumthin before I got totally and utterly confused about how and what to spec.
Rolled a troll zerk, Grunk, got him to about 36. stoped playin him after tryin to ding 37 for 2 weeks nonstop. it just wouldn't happen... :( by then I had rolled my healer Aereth twice! rerolled her at lvl 15 'cus I really felt I had put the wrong lastname on her! :D Finally got Aereth to 50 about a month ago! :D :clap: :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom