What did you make when u first got daoc!!

W

Waok

Mine was a Avalonian Cleric called roffceaks.

I got told that wasnt the best race for the class,
and that +15 int doesnt help.

O

old.Tohtori

Liars the lot of you....

The very first thing i did when i got daoc was install it.

You know, -make- it work.

A

augusta

My very first char was my extremely charismatic shield blademaster.

The first guild I joined was.... well I did hit YES becouse i though I was joining a group (I didn't even know what a "guild" was).

The fun thing is that my first blademaster is by far still my favourite char (ungimped the spec to be honest... but still has +5 charisma).
He is a character with an history and is so warm to play...

... and that first guild I joined by mistake is still my guild: one of the nicest bunch of people I ever met on this game.

<waves to the Draconis Alumni>

C

cuddled0rf

In beta it was a d0rf warrior with a huge axe, Gramitch Kneecapcutter...got to lvl 19 or 20 at the end of beta....and on alb i played a scout called McCrayton :)

Started an Elf champ in retail coz u couldnt make an elf bm......guess i should have stuck to the warrior.....

B

bigchief

First char was my inf (been playing about 11 months).

Got him to 34, got really pissed off with retards and finding grps and rolled a mincer. Then a necro as a break from grping, found I liked it and it was my first 50 :) Then I went back and started grping my inf again.

L

Lam

Started out with a paladin on US beta 3 and put 10 points in charisma, piety and constitution (go figure).
After that I made a paladin in US retail and also an infiltrator.

After that I rolled a paladin in euro beta again but this time with 10 str/con/dex :)

My paladin here is still my main but I created an infiltrator again since I like to solo rvr from time to time.

K

krait

A /release macro :p ........... For my 2-handed/polearm/x-bow/sword+shield wielding Armsman.
Thank god for /respec when it eventually came. :)

N

naetha

My first char was made about 3 weeks after release, and was the last slot on Case's account, which I kinda nicked while he wasn't looking ;) She was a red-headed highlander armswoman (Case was a pally, so no point in playing that, and I was under the impressions that mercs were gimps, but I really wanted to play a tank)
Got her to level 35, with an uber spec of something like 29 slash, 12 shield 20 parry 15 crossbow when I started playing Case more, so I deleted Meria, and started a cleric, got her to level 20, then decided that all the arguments we were having about who got to use the computer were stupid, so I got my own comp and account :D (we now argue about who has to make the tea :( )

Decided I HAD to have a paladin, so made one, got to level 10 and got bored, then made an inf and a friar, which I also got to level 10 and then got bored with, then while I was out, Case made a merc on my account and got her to level 5, at which point I took over and whizzed her up to 50 :clap:

She's still my favourite char, and I had so much fun levelling up that I just want to do it again ;)

R

rangerone

First i made a thane.. then i made love... kk thx

A

ajnin

My first char was Ajnin now lvl 50 warrior and still my only lvl 50.

I got some bg chars now but still love to kill some with my warrior.

The first odd thing i did was getting 2 cloaks...
Me and my brother kept changing from hooded to unhooded everytime the rain came :cool:

We had to explain the /hood command for an insane amount of players but strange enough none got it to work. We got away with telling people it was bugged and only worked on a few dropped cloaks :clap: :clap: :clap:

Btw the bug gets fixed in a patch coming soon :great:

Z

Zii

first char ever was a avalonien sorc cuz i though it was like a wizz with bolts and stuff, got to lvl 9 then i saw a fire wizz and was like omfg why cant i do that!!

rolled a wizz to lvl 16 with 8 fire 8 ice got bored cuz i couldnt kill anything and rolled a 2hand arms.

deleted and went mid cuz i didnt knew there was us and eu servers and had some m8s playing us.

went back to alb/excal and started my paladin :)

W

Whoodoo_RD

In beta, Norse Thane, why? Cause i truely beleived that a stormcaller would be a traditional character of the realm, and probably the most powerful.

Come retail, went the same line, I enjoyed the PvE side, died a lot, but had great fun.

Oh how wrong i was. Still, he is fun to play.

Then went Healer, mainly cause i wanted a group freindly char.

R

rg-zorena

first char was a mystic, but wanted to make a healer, deleate and reroll zorena :) on excal.

W

wildsorcerer

started daoc after all my items where scamed off me on D2

started on first week of release and made a minstrel called filenotfound ... had many ppl say my name would b baned coz it was against CoC due to beign a sentance lol ..

he was 5 thrust 5 slash ( didnt want instruments why would i i wanna fight not play songs ) got to lvl 3 and stayed at lvl 3 for a long time b 4 sum actually told me that the monsters names that where grey didnt give any xp so i needed to find blue / yellow monsters :D

needless to say i re-rolled file as a merc and im still a nOOB btw :D

F

filofax

I made an elementalist with the goal to become a wizard... my first attempts of killing stuff were horrid.. I nuked a mob, who came at me, I had no idea how to kill it off since i couldnt cast when it was hitting me.. so i stood there and tried to cast until I died, second attempt, found another mob, blasted it, then tried to run away so I could nuke it, lol didnt know sprint, so again, dead.. rerolled a pally.

A

Artherk

Hehe, first character i made was avalonian mage, with the intention of becoming a wizard :) anyway once I got to level 5 and discovered i couldn't be a wizard, i rolled an elementalist, successfully became a wizard and decided to spec all 3 lines equally :/ got to level 15 before someone told me that I would become the uber gimp unless i specced one line or another, so re-rolled again to become Artherk, the now L50 wiz/lgm tailor - other characters came much later

B

Belomar

My first char was a Dorf Viking, I levelled him all the way to 5 (and it was fun! all the time) and then turned him into a Thane. :D After that, a Troll Viking to level 3, an Albion Briton Cleric to level 6 (smite for teh win!), and finally my Minstrel which eventually turned 50. :) (In between level 13 and 14 on Belomar, I got a Kobold RC RM to level 10, though.)

C

chamone

Originally posted by Xandax
Man - that was the fun days - wandering out in Emain with a L14 hunter, stealthing along with 1 stealth thinking I was invisible.

lol made me chuckle.

My first char was an Elf Ranger got him to lvl 18 then hit emain.
Luckily my first battle was one of those amazing 3 way zergs in the emain bowl. The fights seemed to last longer in those days. A lot of back and forth business rather than zerg, whipeout release. Well I started off firing a few arrows. After about 10 shots one hit a shield.. that was about it for rvr for my first char.. We started losing so I sat inside a troll corpse and hoped they didnt notice me (didnt know about F8), took a hammer the back of the head.

Later that day I followed a grp (noone would grp with me).. thought Id help them attack a keep.. Unfortunatly it was MPK and i pulled the guards.. I remember on Prydwen when the newbs started coming rvr and charging at MPK :) oh the joy...

Then I quit him and went Euro and played my poley armsman ShadowBlood which was nice..

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by naetha
She's still my favourite char, and I had so much fun levelling up that I just want to do it again ;)

remember levelling in Mithra with you, went away 2 days and came back to find you in catacombs (although I honestly can´t remember which alt it was I was using ;))

M

Moody

My first char was a Celt Blademaster on Hib/Pryd. Pierce spec. Got him to level 6 and thought he was really uber. Then got talked into going to Excal/Alb where I started my armsman.

B

boni_ofdavoid

My very first char at euro release was Boni the void mage.

However he got stuck in a well in TirMeBeo around the 2nd week of playing, and didnt get pulled out for about a week during which time I rolled a battle druid called Runetooth and almost leveld him as high :)

Rolled Athlon my hero once Boni hit 50 and the sad reality of playing a void mage in rvr hit me ;)

E

Elenah Lopez

Hmm

First one was a Fire Wizzy waaaaay back in March 2002... Deleted it when I reached 20 and rolled Elenah :)

B

Brelakor.

When the game was released i made a warrior, with full weapon and shield rest parry, 10 str/con/dex.

Had been reading about the game for ages so i was so excited i even had the endgame spec all planned out before i had the game :)

Deleted him and remade as shadowblade ;o

W

Weecamel

Started playing just few days after the game released in the shop because my ex and his clan played it...

Made a minstrel on Albs/Prydwen...lol..people fought and I fought and never mind play end/power songs in the combat..and cast confusion all the time!!! ran away and cried when people shout at me...soooooooo...she is still lvl 21 or 20 even..

J

Jarrax

Made a scout in beta. Armour was green===>gray.

Was probably the best RvR memories I've had in this game tbh.

Some epic mexican standoffs vs the hibs at amg/emain.
And some great fighting against Balnor/Hothnogg for me.

/wipe tear :)

Z

Zandr

started 3 weeks before open beta END...

got a healer too 17 cuz my friend pl me with zerker + warrior ... then i was specced in all pac mend aug , and they told me to only specc 1 of those thats best... so i thought i was gimped (and i was) ;)

so i rerolled a Thane (haha pwned in beta) -name Grymfyr- max weapon rest Storm , i was stlong 2h sword :)... got him to 32 before Open Beta closed :(

Tho beta was my best daoc experiance ever ! !

many days later planning my retail caract i went Skald also named Grymfyr..... got daoc 3 weeks after release cuz of stupid late internet order... ahh well had beta experiance manage to join right guild and dinged 50 as nr 15-20 in realm :)

many years later and 1 sold acc .... im playing hib !! :)

O

old.tuppe

after i sit 4 month and just hold game in hand, made big move and install game in my pc.

hmm well, had friend who played US server in eu beta, and he was earlier download eu deme but didnt need it anymore.
so i take it but notice same time EU beta was ending in ~1 week.

order game from amazon, and install.
started greybearded dwarf hunter and fight whit it 10 played day (lvl 10) unguilded, solo 90% time.
kick it side and started troll zerk, Ogmarin.
hard time to xp but alott easier what hunter, only was wondering why only pull method was body pull?
i guess this is reason why have still sprint in good spot at qb :)

well, in ~30 day played i was 50 whit Ogmarin, alott wandering around realm, in frontier, malmo, vanern etc etc what i am happy.

joined to kalevala late 20, and been here from that.

played this game from release.
atleast this game made me end playing swirves utopia, dam! over 2 real years, and 50% playing time other hand calculator.

still learning new tricks, but getting more and more bored so dunno how long intrested this game?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom