Music What are you listening to right now?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
When everyone who knows music says that it is so, then it is so. Get out.

That is a pretty stupid statement.

Music taste varies from person to person. There is no "best" band ever, just best selling (The beetles aren't even that)

The beetles have one or two decent tracks, the rest is dross (imo)

bainteor

Banned
I shall no longer respond to blatant trolling. Your obsession with me continues, Raven (three negative reps from you in two days, not bad), and whilst I find it funny, I appreciate that the moderators have given me a chance to redeem myself and integrate within the community and I am deing disrespectful - responding to trolls only fuels the fire.

Those of you who direct personal insults and much worse to me through reputation should be ashamed of yourselves; I think everyone knows who these people are.

To megadave, eksdee and Raven; a wise man is one that can stand alone, those that seek the help of others to meet their ends are but fools. One day you will understand this.

Enjoy your thread :).

megadave

I am a FH squatter
You moan non-stop about negative reps while handing them out more than anyone else on the forum :p

Nobody sought the help of others, it's a public forum and everyone just agrees your an idiot/troll, but keep telling that to yourself if it helps you get through your lonely existence.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
You moan non-stop about negative reps while handing them out more than anyone else on the forum :p

Nobody sought the help of others, it's a public forum and everyone just agrees your an idiot/troll, but keep telling that to yourself if it helps you get through your lonely existence.

Negative rep will disappear totally with XenForo. You can like a post or not. Simple.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Woa woa woa - I said I liked Radiohead ages ago, and I got shot, wtf has happened?

I think everyone should accept that there's great music out there, that is simply amazing for what it is, you may not like it, but its good music, there is no 'best' band or what ever - that's impossible to measure, it's based on decision and people's opinion, Sure, the Beatles were good, but over rated, extremely over-rated, but that's my opinion, people may have others, but I think the media has bigged them up so much as being a major music movement.

Imo, it's depressing how much of a hold that the media has taken on music, and given the chance for today's mainstream shit artists to get up there and be described 'as the best' for making songs that sound like each other.

bainteor

Banned
Anyone here like The Everly Brothers? Very versatile band with amazing harmonies - the people who inspired Simon and Garfunkel.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Probably going to book tickets for the following:

Ghostpoet
Shapeshifter
Jehst
Lite & Maybeshewill

and considering Amon Tobin, although he's a bit more pricey. Saw the first three artist at the start of August at Big Chill and was suitably impressed enough to want to see them again in the near future.

Don't have any other gigs lined up for the future which is rare for me so I best get them lined up again :)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Ballsacks, left the Ghostpoet tickets too late and they're sold out. Bloody mercury coverage :eek:

bainteor

Banned
What a coincidence. Was listening to the radio and a few music critics were talking about The Beatles, saying; "they are the greatest band in history" and agreeing. It's amazing after all this time that people still recognise them as the best :).

Himse

FH is my second home
a bainteor may believe that The Beatles are the best band in the world - but that does not make it so.

Yeah I used to like The Beatles, until they become mainstream.

I'm such a hipster.

Music snobs can jog on, you like music or you don't. Don't have to try and call other peoples music drivel.

At the end of the day, most of them are making it whilst you're sitting indoors ranting about how X band are better than Y band because of Z reasons.

You're not a music critic.

bainteor

Banned
Himse, hipsters are the kind of people who purposely say that The Beatles aren't the best because they are trying to be different from everyone else :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom