Music What are you listening to right now?

eksdee

FH is my second home
You should check out all the other related bands to them; CaP'n Jazz, Joan of Arc, Promise Ring, Make Believe, Noyes, American Football, Owen, Birthmark. There's loads, all members of/related in some way. A lot of incredible musicians in those bands.

Bands

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
As is said time and time again, you don't have to like The Beatles, but you cannot question their position as the best all-round band in pop history.

Edit: Abominations like rap and rap culture show the steady devolution of music since the late 1960s.

It would be more accurate to say we cannot question your belief that they are the best all round band in pop history.

One important aspect with music is that it is entirely subjective and that it completely depends on the ability of the listener to be able to relate to the musicians and composers delivering it. For you thats the Beatles. For others, it may be rap.

The only thing shown by blindly arguing against each other is that each person arguing has no tolerance for other points of view (this is not a dig at anyone, nor a comment on the quote above, just an observation in general).

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Currently listening to Megadeth's The system has failed. Only started to listen to it recently. Quite apt in these times tbh.

eksdee

FH is my second home
You should check out all the other related bands to them; CaP'n Jazz, Joan of Arc, Promise Ring, Make Believe, Noyes, American Football, Owen, Birthmark. There's loads, all members of/related in some way. A lot of incredible musicians in those bands.

Bands

Some of my favourites:

First of all Owls, who made possibly my favourite album of all time, I can't believe I forgot them in the list.

Owls - What Whorse You Wrote Id On - YouTube

Joan of Arc, quite hit and miss across their albums but generally pretty excellent.

Joan of Arc - Gin & Platonic - YouTube

Birthmark. Incredible drummer, composed and played every part of the music for his first lp. Amazing musician and the Birthmark LP is just out of this world.

Birthmark - Flightless Bird LIVE @ Schokoladen, Berlin 12/31/2010 - YouTube

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
rather good..
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ylww2dOW7fg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
YAY a song influenced by me - I offically win - in other news...

Don't mean to burst your bubble buddy, but a mate introduced me to them and Touché Armoré a few months before you ;)

Bands
Yeah I went on a huge hunt checking out all their side projects, diggin' lots of it so far like :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom