FH news Welcome

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Another upcoming release with a friendly face involved is Jumpgate Evolution.... some information:

Jumpgate Evolution is a substantial update to the previous Jumpgate(TM) MMO released in 2001, which was the world's first massively multiplayer space combat game. Staying true to its early vision, NetDevil has improved upon the original in every way, with a complete graphics update, and the integration of advanced AI features to ensure unpredictable and compelling situations. The enhanced game play makes the game accessible to the widest possible range of users, while catering to the games' existing and loyal fan base.
"Combat in Jumpgate Evolution is pilot centered and action based. Players can fight in PvE campaigns against a multitude of AI controlled opponents of large variety and difficulty, or engage in intimate or large scale community PvP combat."

"Jumpgate Evolution offers fun, intuitive game play that is thoroughly engrossing, while the new AI encourages players to immerse themselves in various roles available in the universe," said Scott Brown, President of NetDevil. "The game has undergone a complete graphics overhaul and has been vastly expanded to offer more weapons, and greater focus on PvE targets, making roles more refined in the process. Advanced social aspects of the MMO are available as well, including player-owned stations, complete with controllable economy, updated player statistics and rankings, and the ability for players to create squads with customizable web pages for each. The overall experience is a vital improvement in terms of playability, accessibility, as well as the overall look and feel. We think it's a great example of just how far you can transform an existing IP."

Watch this space for more information, links and goodies (perhaps!) :)

Uara

Part of the furniture
oooooh goodies eh, i like tht sound of tht :D

rynnor

Rockhound
Interesting - it has three races fighting against each other which was a good recipe in Daoc since if one side dominates too much the others can gang up.

I cant avoid the obvious comparisons to eve but the RvR (in this case race v race) combat should set it apart - signing up to the beta for a look :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
hope theres gonna be some bigger ships available and not just fighters. :)

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
hope theres gonna be some bigger ships available and not just fighters. :)

So far there are:

• Trainer Ships (starter areas)
  • Combat Ships
  • Mining Ships
  • Transport Ships
  • Capital Ships

The Capital ships are huge as well :D

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Whee - section for this. Am looking forward to trying this out as it possible could be my next MMO to play.

Need to buy a new joystick for it though, unless I find a gameport to USB adapter which allows my Interceptor (best stick ever :D) to work perfectly.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Will I be able to transfer over my Elite combateer status from my BBC micro Elite account? :p

Lollie

Loyal Freddie
so hows it gonna play? like Eve or more Freelancer style?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
So far there are:

• Trainer Ships (starter areas)
  • Combat Ships
  • Mining Ships
  • Transport Ships
  • Capital Ships

The Capital ships are huge as well :D

sweet :) now here's hoping you didnt copied EvE's screwed up death penalties when it comes to losing ships :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom