wekest RvR class

F

finbahr

my main is a warden and he sucks in rvr can't heal can't fight the only thing he does do is last longer than anyone else cos he is shite is there any other classes that r worse

still enjoy him though but tbh is rvr gimp

L

loxleyhood

Reroll chanter, thats what you seem to be going for.

F

finbahr

no don't like chanters they do big damage but all about one button spamming in the main

O

old.Thanatlos

Wardens are imo one of the most undefined classes in the game, but by no means crap..
It's people that want them to outdamage heroes and want them to outheal druids that think they're crap..

They need some improvements to give them more value to group besides the ever diminishing value of the passives (pbt nerfs, incoming resist nerf) but they are by no means an rvr gimp.

F

finbahr

i'm a low rr warden rr3l3 i took aug acuity and mcl 1 & 2 saving for purge so as soon as pbt goes down when mezzed or stunned i become usless to the grp i always cast grp bubb before hand and have damage add running but don't hit hard don't heal well i'm an annoyance nothing more

also don't want massive damage don't want uber heals but a bit better in both would help as the warden community seems to be diminishing

D

deadkid

Well my warden was rr5
I loved my warden very much
Soloed a lot in rvr.. ripped skalds and mincer easy... and some armsmen ;) /wave to warbar :)
haste self buff makes u a sewing machine rly... speed 4 .. resists... decent dmg... end regen 4.. pbt 6 secs(unless ur gimped).. sucky hp regen, but still utility... scale armor+med shield(i blocked/parried quite a lot)... healing(200-250hp is a good heal imo) - basicly i could rip almost anyone except dualists (never tried savages and never will.. im savage myself now ;) FOTY)
just learn to play ;)
uber char with lots of utility, if u know how to use it

GL

F

Flimgoblin

sounds like a hybrid to me - you're not as good at X as them and you're not as good at Y as them...

but yer a hell of a lot better at healing than a hero :p and you can tank better than a druid ;)

K

krow

Agree with Flimgoblin. Jack of all trades, master of none... although they could be improved/tweaked a bit they are by no means crap.
Support your local warden... you'll miss them when they're gone :)

X

Xandax

Well, have little RvR experience with other realms classes, but for Midgard, I'd have to say the Thane.

He brings so little to a group and haven't got the ability to solo, so he is often ignore by the days RvR groups.

O

old.Thanatlos

hybrid problems: lack of clear definition

others can do things better, no real defining advantage to take one in group, the versatility should be their asset but it works against them getting any benefits.

K

Khalen

Warden needs more valid speccs... Warden are almost only seen as pbt bots + small heals. There are many things possible but one thing which might be more interesting is adding a shield specc line. But as I said that's my opinion and idea, could think of a lot for other classes too.

L

Lumikki

I've only met a warden once solo, and I can tell you that it wasn't a nice fight... took me nearly 15 minutes to finish him off, that bubble is deadly and they have some sort of hunter type insta get away speed ability, or what is it?

xx

G

gunner440

warden if u think of it has too many advantages over its disadvantages.. altho some may not be so obvious to everyone..

they arent damage dealers (if u think they are then ur an idiot and even u have to admit that)

id say the warden's job is to sit back during fights and help with heals/rezzes at the start and then go into melee if more interrupt is needed or to finish off the fight (balrog was an exception ^^)

if the warden is alive then alb and mid groups are surely gonna have it tough to fight the hib grp =/ and combine the pbt with pbaoe cage u have something which i doubt any realm has.

also dont forget warden is the only class of the 3 pbters that is on tank table rather than caster (rm/theurg) and in addition they also have IP which as an enemy is annoying when u have to get rid of the pbt vs a hib grp as opposed to a mid grp whos rm's die in seconds compared to wardens.

also warden gives the equivalent of cleric resists to hibs which is an added bonus as this is in the same line as their pbt and should be specced enough for 6sec anyway...

as said in above post tho wardens are good at lot of things but dont really excel in any particular line

and lol at the original poster who said wardens are the weakest class... a hib grp isnt a hib grp without a warden ^^

E

Ensceptifica

Originally posted by finbahr
i'm a low rr warden rr3l3 i took aug acuity and mcl 1 & 2 saving for purge so as soon as pbt goes down when mezzed or stunned i become usless to the grp i always cast grp bubb before hand and have damage add running but don't hit hard don't heal well i'm an annoyance nothing more

Every class that getz mezzed is useless. Only determination and purge help, and.... resists.. which a warden happens to provide.

E

Elixir

Originally posted by nightsorrow
scout

HAHAHA....

Good one!

Try playing a thane....

Ok so maybe you have before now....try playing it seriously then :D

C

Coim-

Originally posted by samildanachh
pain working necro :p
Considering there's only maybe one or two out there, how exactly can you come to that conclusion?

K

kirennia

In comparison to other realms equivalents and for RvR ONLY. These are classes that need improvements, not complete gimps (although complete gimps are in there too):

Cleric (dont bring up the 50-200 dmg smite, ffs we melee for more then that over time :/). Not enough get-a-way material

Earth theurgist...pbt and run in circles watching your mana deteriorate. With /assist you are pretty much useless too :/

Thanes.....no need to say more

Necromancers...bugged to hell but being made better in 1.65. Not sure if it's a good thing or not cause it'll ruin PvE even more but make them viable in RvR groups for the AF debuff+nukes.

Ice wizards...not a gimp but compared to enchanter and spiritmaster pbaoe, they are poor.

SBs after their 1 1/2 years of glory, finally put too far down the foodchain

Friar can't heal while in melee so are very weak. They need a 200 hp insta cast heal on a 5 second timer but NOT CASTABLE ON THEMSELVES so they can mini-heal during combat. Would make em very tough to play too.....

Animists should get a couple of insta pets to start with, as well as those they cast :p Maybe if the insta pets cost twice as much mana as a normal pet then it wouldn't make them anymore uber for keep defence/attacks but would help in the open field.

NS pre-rr5...although I guess they make up for it later on by being fantastic at rr5+

Supp RM, pretty much in the same boat as an earth therg except earth thergs have an advantage of having the gr8 interupt pets, even if they can only cast 3 or 4 of them b4 they need to MCL (with bladeturn running down). Supp RMs in a worse boat though...

I missed any?

B

belth

Originally posted by Coim-
Considering there's only maybe one or two out there, how exactly can you come to that conclusion?

By there being only one or two out there ;)

Let's face it, necro's are bugged, painworking sucks, painworking necro is useless :(

C

Coim-

Originally posted by kirennia
I missed any?
Armsmans. If you got ice wiz up there then you can definately have armsmans. :p

C

Coim-

Originally posted by belth
By there being only one or two out there ;)
All that proves is that deathsight is uber in PvE. Yes, necros are bugged to hell, but still...painworking necro is quite uber. I rolled a lowbie one (/level) just to see what it was like, and I could pretty much own anything. PBAE DoT's are uber, plus you had snares, insta debuffs. Without bugs, quite a nice, viable spec.

H

hiban

Originally posted by Lumikki
I've only met a warden once solo, and I can tell you that it wasn't a nice fight... took me nearly 15 minutes to finish him off, that bubble is deadly and they have some sort of hunter type insta get away speed ability, or what is it?

U fought for 15 minutes, won the fight, and saying that wardens (their bub) are deadly? And the speed u talk about is prolly the end reg. Nice to have when farming green cons in df, but no lifesaver in open field RvR. (use it in fight and lose pbt etc) Indeed its nice to have pbt on a scale wearing class. But when mezzed/stunned my pbt do as much as rms/thurgs. And when ppl see me healing, it doesent take long b4 im getting spammed with nukes and shit. 1 nuke/insta is enough to stop me from healing for X seconds...(1 infil that pops up will also keep me from healing when hitting with 1 weap) There went half of what im good at. Also, saying that wardens are better than nuker classes with pbt because we can heal is bs. We can heal as much as the casters can nuke when we got someone bashing at us. (tho casters have QC and root/mezz to atleast stop 1 from following. Thurgs get AE, even if it lasts for shit)

V

vintervargen

cant say matter caba ffs, thats liek saying "menta mentalist" or "parry thane"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom