wekest RvR class

S

SoulFly Amarok

Originally posted by Khalen
Warden needs more valid speccs... Warden are almost only seen as pbt bots + small heals. There are many things possible but one thing which might be more interesting is adding a shield specc line. But as I said that's my opinion and idea, could think of a lot for other classes too.

49 Nurture
42 Regrowth
12 Blades
6 Parry

Do I need to say more about warden pwn spec ? :O

H

hiban

Originally posted by SoulFly Amarok
49 Nurture
42 Regrowth
12 Blades
6 Parry

Do I need to say more about warden pwn spec ? :O

actually, yeah, u do. :) Get hit in some way lets say each 5-6th sec. and watch those 42 regrowth being wasted :)
I have 33 regrowth. Time after time i find myself being hit (from nukes, assassins, instas, pets, CCs etc), preventing me from healing. That makes me wonder if my 33 is a waste of points. Some day im gonna lay my hands on a respec stone and respec down to 26 reg again. (sure, my heals are nice WHEN i get to heal, tho they are on slow casting, so many times the druid in the grp already used spread heal b4 i land my heal. I speced 33 reg cus i knew the spec heals were kinda slow, and that i rather heal for 300+, than spamming 1 for 100-200 over and over) Ofc im not saying that i want us to outheal droods here.

Imo, give wardens some sort of intsa. Insta snare or something would be nice. Root would be a bit powerfull maybe. But snare would make it possible to look after yourself a bit better. put it on slow timer or something.

B

Belomar

Originally posted by Coim-
All that proves is that deathsight is uber in PvE. Yes, necros are bugged to hell, but still...painworking necro is quite uber. I rolled a lowbie one (/level) just to see what it was like, and I could pretty much own anything.
In BG1, yes. Try real RvR, where mezz and root actually has influence, assist trains one-shot blue-con pets, and the necro bugs really come into play.

B

Belomar

Originally posted by vintervargen
cant say matter caba ffs, thats liek saying "menta mentalist" or "parry thane"
Most Cabalists are matter-specced, actually.

P

pointless

I play a ward0n from time to time. I can say 1 thing. They DONT suck.

I

ilaya

if wardens suck, there wouldnt be peeps tandng at dl shouting LOOKING FOR WARDEN would there?

never see anyone shouting LOOKING FOR CHAMP there :(

wardens are great :) give a lot to grp.. aint gonna dth spm though, but that aint what makes u good.. getting the peeps in your grp in position to to that for you IS :)

thanes/cabbys/champs REALLY need looking at atm...

thanes more so.. i thought i had bad time with champ until i chatted with someone on pryd who plays thane on exc..

i mighta added mentalist to that list.. but.. they are totally uber if u follow one spec path and play to that spec path.. i.e. light rvr, mana pve.. aint really a grey area there so go with spec..

as for someone saying mentalism mentalist.. u know what.. the more i think about it.. the more i start thinking.. could be viable spec now.. qc aoe mez.. massive heals, cure mez, nukes, some mr, some hot.. hmmm... absolute bastard to level mind! trust me.. Boowen was mentalism ment until 25ish.. cant solo for love nor money.... but still.. hmm... :)

oh and savages ofc.. *sigh* check duskwave peeps, how can 1 new class go so far ahead of old classes like hunters/rangers etc.. in total rp earned tables so quickly? (my bit whine i know but valid) should be some kinda benchmark based on this u think?

I

ingrid

when are they gonna fix the axethrow line for warriors :wall:?

F

finbahr

Originally posted by ilaya
if wardens suck, there wouldnt be peeps tandng at dl shouting LOOKING FOR WARDEN would there?

not saying they suck but as soon as bubble goes down they don't really have any back up never want them to be FoTM class i would like bubble to run if mezzed or stunned would like it if we had cure dis/poison would like to hit a icklebit harder 'cos our discription says we are a fighting healer str is a rising stat only 3rd i know but would like the enemy to sit up and notice that we are not just flys for swating not on about a major rise in damage like i say just a fine tweak

O

old.Thanatlos

Originally posted by finbahr
not saying they suck but as soon as bubble goes down they don't really have any back up never want them to be FoTM class i would like bubble to run if mezzed or stunned would like it if we had cure dis/poison would like to hit a icklebit harder 'cos our discription says we are a fighting healer str is a rising stat only 3rd i know but would like the enemy to sit up and notice that we are not just flys for swating not on about a major rise in damage like i say just a fine tweak

Use . and , please :)

Wardens are one of the best classes in the game period, just a little focused on passives for a long time because that's the best trick they had. Hopefully mythic will adapt the other tricks to be more productive or unique for the class. Something that links the 4 skill lines together would be nice, parry reactive tiny spreadheal style anyone? (similar crap to other fighter/healer hybrids and mage/healer hybrids)

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by hiban
actually, yeah, u do. :) Get hit in some way lets say each 5-6th sec. and watch those 42 regrowth being wasted :)
I have 33 regrowth. Time after time i find myself being hit (from nukes, assassins, instas, pets, CCs etc), preventing me from healing. That makes me wonder if my 33 is a waste of points. Some day im gonna lay my hands on a respec stone and respec down to 26 reg again. (sure, my heals are nice WHEN i get to heal, tho they are on slow casting, so many times the druid in the grp already used spread heal b4 i land my heal. I speced 33 reg cus i knew the spec heals were kinda slow, and that i rather heal for 300+, than spamming 1 for 100-200 over and over) Ofc im not saying that i want us to outheal droods here.

Imo, give wardens some sort of intsa. Insta snare or something would be nice. Root would be a bit powerfull maybe. But snare would make it possible to look after yourself a bit better. put it on slow timer or something.

Cap out your dex, i can heal as fast as any druid (or at least very close anyway) and am not as much of a target in rvr (small shields on a furby is a dead giveaway).

More often than not i end up healing druids while tanks munch on em, keeps em alive long enough for the group to pick off the tanks and win the fight.

42 regrowth as you rightly say, is a waste, much more useful putting those points into parry. With shield, pbt, scale, resists (ok, nerf incoming, but still) and a good parry ability my warden is a very tough nut to crack in rvr. The longer i stay alive, the longer pbt runs, the longer my buffs stay up on tanks (yes, its usually best for a warden to buff tanks rather than bards imho, bard usually dies before the warden if it comes down to it, tanks and nukers cant resist targeting the guy with the lute :)) and the longer i can take the pressure off the other members of my group.

Good point that was mentioned earlier in this thread is that with the wardens self-attack-speed buff (better than any druid haste buff) they are great for interrupting mages and healers, even if they do little damage.

Those who claim wardens are useless in rvr have either not played one, not enjoyed playing a hybrid class, not rvr'd with a clued-up warden or not played one to its strengths.

S

syri

Originally posted by finbahr
so basically, you'd like to not be vulnerable from the few ways enemies can get through, and you'd like to hit harder aswell?? doesn't sound very fair... considering that wardens already have pbt, chain armour, and the ability to spec parry... compare to alb's pbt class. they have pbt. oh, and cloth...
and pets... that eat power and make pbt drop...

not sure what class i'd say was the most gimped, as i've only really played a few classes in rvr, but from what i've played, probably clerics, as if they're caught without anyone to defend them, they're pretty much going to die.

C

Cabo-

Originally posted by kirennia
Friar can't heal while in melee so are very weak. They need a 200 hp insta cast heal on a 5 second timer but NOT CASTABLE ON THEMSELVES so they can mini-heal during combat. Would make em very tough to play too.....
Are you on crack!?

O

old.Thanatlos

Warden damage is totally fine, it just lacks some utility, only has a side snare in blades, and only reactive stuns (which basically makes wardens spec 4 lines with 1.5 spec points to get it off, most warden neglect parry because else the other lines are severely lacking) so has no decent way to stop a mage/support char fleeing for them or help his group by slowing/stunning a tank on them.

O

old.Kerosene

In any RvR group I've been in I generally do 1 of 3 things.

1. Assist main tank
2. Drop to heal if necessary
3. Run my ass off if the assist train is after me. They'll never catch me coz of sprint + end regen (thank you god)

What this means is I'm usually the last one dead and helpful to the group because while the assist train is after me (and they won't catch me), our assist train is taking out their support and will eventually kill the people chasing me. Works a treat 4/5 times.

And to the person who said 'You see people at DL shouting for wardens'.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.. yeah right.

F

Fang

Also, saying that wardens are better than nuker classes with pbt because we can heal is bs.

He said that wardens are better since they can tank to some extent aswell. So that'd mean they have more hp, better armor etc and thus live longer in a fight then a caster.
Warden is a great class to play and nothing ... NOTHING you pps come up with can convince me that they're not. Not going to say why since most of it was already said above.

Also ... friars sucking in RvR? you HAVe to be on crack ....

I think chimps need some love. (atleast in hib .. tho seems like thanes need it even more) One of the best solo tanks, but one of the worst in grps.

O

old.Ramas

If a warden is gimp, an earth theurg is gimpier (same but without armour, HP, baseline buffs, and instead with an unspecced dd).

Plenty more rvr broken spec/class lines in all realms though....

Not-arborial animist
Thane
Rejuv Friar
Necromancer
Not-supp Bonedancer
Mentalist
Matter sorc
Pet spec SM

etc
etc

T

Tasans

Originally posted by old.Ramas
If a warden is gimp, an earth theurg is gimpier (same but without armour, HP, baseline buffs, and instead with an unspecced dd).

Plenty more rvr broken spec/class lines in all realms though....

Not-arborial animist
Thane
Rejuv Friar
Necromancer
Not-supp Bonedancer
Mentalist
Matter sorc
Pet spec SM

etc
etc

You forgot mend shaman and dark sm.

B

becana

Warrior because infils evade u and magic blast u too kingdom come before u can say cockie :) Should have rolled a mindless savage instead of my norse warr :)

G

greenfingers

Originally posted by deadkid
Well my warden was rr5
I loved my warden very much
Soloed a lot in rvr.. ripped skalds and mincer easy... and some armsmen ;) /wave to warbar :)
haste self buff makes u a sewing machine rly... speed 4 .. resists... decent dmg... end regen 4.. pbt 6 secs(unless ur gimped).. sucky hp regen, but still utility... scale armor+med shield(i blocked/parried quite a lot)... healing(200-250hp is a good heal imo) - basicly i could rip almost anyone except dualists (never tried savages and never will.. im savage myself now ;) FOTY)
just learn to play ;)
uber char with lots of utility, if u know how to use it

GL

must have been some low RR gimps U beat the crap out of ... and w/o SC'd armor etc. ;)

B

Blazor Meneth

Originally posted by SigvartH
Warrior because infils evade u and magic blast u too kingdom come before u can say cockie :) Should have rolled a mindless savage instead of my norse warr :)

wrong!

O

old.Thanatlos

Wardens are fine, just not in group RvR..
Solo 1 vs. 1 unbuffed (well i'm buffed with my own buffs) I can solo most classes nowadays. (with some luck dual wielders too, yay parry)
lost to a smite cleric yesterday though lol, bit hard when buffs drop and you just soloed 3 fins :)

I recently chose to reduce my nurture to become even more gimped, funny thing is groups hardly even notice lack of 6 sec pbt and red resists. Got 3 comments total i think.

I can solo red con fins without losing hp and end, yay pbt/parry/weapon with ablative proc/self end chant/style endurance usage reduction buff.
So pve is more than fine, even uber although it takes ages to kill something.

But in RvR we're reduced to our passive skills. Our active skills are way below subpar compared to the mains of those skills, lacking uniqueness and merely being a watered down version.

Our melee damage is ok when speced for it, although the lack of appropriate styles for melee class tasks (helping your casters get away, snaring enemies trying to run from you, guarding someone in some wway).

Our healing is ok but lacks definition, same is for all secondary healers. Specing regrowth shouldn't make you a very watered down druid/healer/cleric but make you offer something unique to the group like every style line should do.

and PS: anyone know classes that have 4 speclines they have to spec and only 1.5 specpoints?
- friar
- warden
- bard
and 1.0 specpoints for 3 lines:
- all mages
- shaman

Think it is time maybe to move hybrid healers to a hybrid level of spec points: 1.75 and 1.25 or something.

K

kirennia

don't all main healers only have 3 lines to spec in and 1 x spec points also though?

S

sheph

hum waj u say wardun is teh s00k ?

me leik wardun

A

ab_fluid

Originally posted by kirennia

Cleric (dont bring up the 50-200 dmg smite, ffs we melee for more then that over time :/). Not enough get-a-way material

agree, change pb mezz into a pb insta root, 40 sec dura or so.

Earth theurgist...pbt and run in circles watching your mana deteriorate. With /assist you are pretty much useless too :/

imo, Earth thergs are ok, they are in the same boats as wardens and sup runies for mana drain, mine actually rises when running pbt and having serenity 2, also every alb grp should have a sorc so the therg should have perma MR 4/5? pets are getting life increase to 60secs in 1.65 afaik and will be annoying as hell in rvr with a cpl on each healer/caster.

Ice wizards...not a gimp but compared to enchanter and spiritmaster pbaoe, they are poor.

the pbaoe itself better than that of SM due basically to the resists on a hib grp Spirit = Warden Cold = Druid, the nukes r the same delve as mana eld, and 1 has a small resist debuff component? they are very similar to the mana eld but with ae root in second line as opposed to ae disease which mana eld has in mana. Not exactly a very gimped class.

Friar can't heal while in melee so are very weak. They need a 200 hp insta cast heal on a 5 second timer but NOT CASTABLE ON THEMSELVES so they can mini-heal during combat. Would make em very tough to play too.....

the same concept applies for a warden, seems to work fine for me, you spec for healing or fighting, not both, its the players choice which they prefer, just luckily friars got a staff that can cap out around 500dmg, whereas my warden with a 4.4 speed sword caps at 210 :p Definately not a gimped class, just lacks groupability because of being none Det.

Supp RM, pretty much in the same boat as an earth therg except earth thergs have an advantage of having the gr8 interupt pets, even if they can only cast 3 or 4 of them b4 they need to MCL (with bladeturn running down). Supp RMs in a worse boat though...

uber nearsight, snare nukes, snare AE nuke, 6sec pbt, not a bad spec, just totally overshadowed by savages, and therefore same as all mid mages atm, not worth playing. Although ask Arnor about his runie grp :) 1 dark 1 sup 1 runecarving runie, combined is very nasty.

Just my 2cents

M

Marwolaeth

My wardens biggest advantage over the rest of the healers in a group is the fact that I look like a tank. Quite funny when mezz finally wears off and I can finally cast heal on the poor guy getting the **** kicked out of him....immediate agro from every aware alb/mid out there as they realise the mistake :D

S

spankya

Warden's are good if you play them right, spec them well and have a suitable group. I used to play a warden in LA and helped the group alot overall. The pbt is handy, the resist buffs are great, healing for 400+ is pretty nice, and when lom start whacking a healer class purely to stop him healing.

The downside to wardens is that they dont have RAs like GP, which is one big reason why groups rather take a few druids than wardens.

M

mastade

Originally posted by krow
Agree with Flimgoblin. Jack of all trades, master of none... although they could be improved/tweaked a bit they are by no means crap.
Support your local warden... you'll miss them when they're gone :)

I love you ;<

O

Olgark

Hunters are the worst off in RvR. But I still like to play mine, just hope Mythic fixes them with the same evades are the scout and ranger and a revamp on our spear and beastcraft skills.

Users who are viewing this thread