Weird Hibernian Tactics.

Brennik

Fledgling Freddie
Mid taken towers in Albion during the weekend: zero? Keep up the good work.

Edit: as for VGN, yea, they should've pulled the stunt in Albion, but guess they wanted a change.

Ardamel

Fledgling Freddie
We made holes in Erasleigh, dmged Surs and Hurb for about 30-50P, and generally made it hard for em last evening at Dun Crauchon tower t3. We occupied 10 FGs+ albs for hours, and what do you make of it? Well you went to midgard ;)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Ardamel said:
We made holes in Erasleigh, dmged Surs and Hurb for about 30-50P, and generally made it hard for em last evening at Dun Crauchon tower t3. We occupied 10 FGs+ albs for hours, and what do you make of it? Well you went to midgard ;)

You took advantage of albs taking keeps in hib also, so you can't really 'accuse' us of anything, which you couldn't either because of some of your guildies who are extraordinairily skilled at griefing hibs. ;)

Anyways, taking back towers and defending them from albs gets dull after a while, always the same classes to fight, always the same zerg shit, sometimes you need a change. That change came in the form of 1-2 fg (?) shooting holes in arvakr until the wall breached because mids didnt repair, took us a few attempts and some reinforcements to eventually take the keep.

Hibs were pushing the limit there, we weren't many people at all, i think it was pretty close to the amount of mids defending in the end. Either way, it was fun to accomplish getting the keep in the end and i hope mids had fun defending also..

stop whining, have fun, jesus christ

at this point i couldnt give a flying fuck anymore about hib relics or keeps, there's obvious reasons why we can't defend anything against albion (lack of leadership and numbers) and ive accepted that until i either find nothing to do anymore (time to quit) or a capable leader stands up from the crowd and leads hibernia (doubt it)

Ardamel

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
You took advantage of albs taking keeps in hib also, so you can't really 'accuse' us of anything, which you couldn't either because of some of your guildies who are extraordinairily skilled at griefing hibs. ;)

You're both right and wrong, mids didn't take advantage of the alb presence in hib the way you may think. It was mids who grabbed 3 keeps there and albs only managed to get 1. So we basically opened up the relic gates on our own, we simply choose the moment for going inside the milegates when hibs were busy.

Mids took the keeps necessary for opening up the str relic milegates on our own. But hibs, on the other hand, helped albs getting the str relics by getting blendrake, as it is one of the keeps which opens up the str relic milegates. So albs didn't have to do it.

Now, all I'm saying is that hibs may do whatever they like, I just think they should do it together. You need cooperation more than ever, and hib does have the best players on the server, you're not many but you're very good. Given the quite severe population issue that hibernia has, splitting yer forces like that only makes it all look half arsed instead of brilliant which hib defense/offensive tactics often/usually used to be. Just a thought ;) What happened to Jaharharhar btw? He used to pull off some fairly nice stunts back in OF.

Ixu

Loyal Freddie
Aswell we cut down crim teleport few times tho they was kinda fast but still. And what you want, avkar ?

Ardamel

Fledgling Freddie
Ixu said:
Aswell we cut down crim teleport few times tho they was kinda fast but still. And what you want, avkar ?

We got Arvakr back m8, we spanked you silly as soon as 20+ mids came online (which included a lvl 5 very persistant little thane :)).

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:

Anyways, taking back towers and defending them from albs gets dull after a while, always the same classes to fight, always the same zerg shit, sometimes you need a change. That change came in the form of 1-2 fg (?) shooting holes in arvakr until the wall breached because mids didnt repair, took us a few attempts and some reinforcements to eventually take the keep.

Hibs were pushing the limit there, we weren't many people at all, i think it was pretty close to the amount of mids defending in the end. Either way, it was fun to accomplish getting the keep in the end and i hope mids had fun defending also..

at this point i couldnt give a flying fuck anymore about hib relics or keeps, there's obvious reasons why we can't defend anything against albion (lack of leadership and numbers) and ive accepted that until i either find nothing to do anymore (time to quit) or a capable leader stands up from the crowd and leads hibernia (doubt it)

basically mid had like 30-40 people online for most of the early hours of that siege. we had about 6-7 people at the tower for a while or there about,never really less.then it rose towards midday. but omg at the rangers, more and more kept coming, think must of been 7+ atleast (kinda disgusting anyway). i was under impression hibs had same numbers, popov said was about fg.

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:

ye but that defeatist attitude makes it all the harder for a leader to arrise and inspire his realm :eek:

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Subedai said:
ye but that defeatist attitude makes it all the harder for a leader to arrise and inspire his realm :eek:

no shit

i tried to lead and got my 2 days worth of pm'ing guilds trampled by a bigger zerg in 10 mins. then i tried something different and we got wiped by ST3 / twf 3 / reaverbombing. id go back if i knew there was ANY chance in succeeding

and arda, afaik it was FoM who cut off porting to crau? ;)

about the keep, i logged after we took it, dunno what happened after.. but yes rangers can be a pain, just like any other archer for that matter :(

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
too many things to reply to T_T

arda i meant albs taking crim the other day, and crau after, when you took the crau tower and stuff

we do need organisation, but i dont feel obliged to always do whats best for the realm, i did my best but failed for reasons i cannot control myself, because on hib side ive never seen so few mistakes for a zerg so big (nearly 100! go hibs!)

but it was all for nothing, so at this point im relaxing a bit doing whatever i enjoy, soon ill see if i can still get hibs to play for me and give it another go... the thing is if taking a single keep is close to impossible with our numbers, what can we do? keep getting disappointed, making alb defence stronger every attempt, and making our morale lower at the same time?

shrug

Ardamel

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
no shit

i tried to lead and got my 2 days worth of pm'ing guilds trampled by a bigger zerg in 10 mins. then i tried something different and we got wiped by ST3 / twf 3 / reaverbombing. id go back if i knew there was ANY chance in succeeding

and arda, afaik it was FoM who cut off porting to crau? ;)

about the keep, i logged after we took it, dunno what happened after.. but yes rangers can be a pain, just like any other archer for that matter :(

Yes, it was FoM who took DC t3 and more mids joined in, we didn't even have a BG for defense of the tower and yet we took out 72 albs when the tower reached lvl 3, then they kept coming back adding 10 more albs every time they came back and in the end they were close to 100 albs throwing themselves at the walls of DC t3 ;)

Ardamel

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
too many things to reply to T_T

arda i meant albs taking crim the other day, and crau after, when you took the crau tower and stuff

we do need organisation, but i dont feel obliged to always do whats best for the realm, i did my best but failed for reasons i cannot control myself, because on hib side ive never seen so few mistakes for a zerg so big (nearly 100! go hibs!)

but it was all for nothing, so at this point im relaxing a bit doing whatever i enjoy, soon ill see if i can still get hibs to play for me and give it another go... the thing is if taking a single keep is close to impossible with our numbers, what can we do? keep getting disappointed, making alb defence stronger every attempt, and making our morale lower at the same time?

shrug

We know how you feel, the resignation among the mids after getting fecked over with the double amount of albs for a week, made alot of mids simply quit. FoM lost many old timers and we have in no way recovered from it and this goes for all of Midgard. The biggest amount of mids I've managed to get after that is 120 mids and then I really really tried hard.

The key to success is to do the unexpected and do it coordinated. It only takes 1 FG to grab a lvl 10 tower fast so having several small teams moving around causing commotion and 1 big team for the retaking of keeps does work. Albs don't use much tactics when grabbing keeps, they're just ..... many. If you hit at more than 1 place at the same time they don't split the zerg, they retake it one at the time. Guilds like VGN could farm the alb zerg back to the stone age if they managed to get a tower at DC or Crim to lvl 10, and that would keep 'em occupied so that the more casual players can form a zerg and hit whichever keep/towers they want.

I would also urge you to get yer fellow hibbies to read the "siege warfare for dummies" post in the hib section of this forum. Albs are good at bringing siege whereas mids and hibs are not.

Ardamel

Fledgling Freddie
When we took Nottmoor back from the albs, we raided alb just before the retake. We positioned 7 teams at remote towers at each keep in alb and all attacked on a given signal. 5 teams out of 7 succeeded, albs called to arms and all of a sudden Midgard was clear from albs, all teams but 1 suicided and rendezvoused at Glenlock and headed straight for Nottmoor with plenty of siege gear. Taking Nottmoor back was a walk in the park.

Don't underestimate the snowball effect either, when ppl see what's going on and that it's going well, then more join in that wouldn't have joined otherwise.

Smilewhenyousaythat

Fledgling Freddie
Ardamel said:
We know how you feel, the resignation among the mids after getting fecked over with the double amount of albs for a week, made alot of mids simply quit. FoM lost many old timers and we have in no way recovered from it and this goes for all of Midgard. The biggest amount of mids I've managed to get after that is 120 mids and then I really really tried hard.

The key to success is to do the unexpected and do it coordinated. It only takes 1 FG to grab a lvl 10 tower fast so having several small teams moving around causing commotion and 1 big team for the retaking of keeps does work. Albs don't use much tactics when grabbing keeps, they're just ..... many. If you hit at more than 1 place at the same time they don't split the zerg, they retake it one at the time. Guilds like VGN could farm the alb zerg back to the stone age if they managed to get a tower at DC or Crim to lvl 10, and that would keep 'em occupied so that the more casual players can form a zerg and hit whichever keep/towers they want.

I would also urge you to get yer fellow hibbies to read the "siege warfare for dummies" post in the hib section of this forum. Albs are good at bringing siege whereas mids and hibs are not.

It is true that Albs use a simple tactic - numbers. I've been in more than 1 BG that has waited until 2 or 3 towers have dropped before responding. Why? Because a concentration of mids in a tower can be hard to shift - if they are splitting themselves over 3 towers its less of a problem, and if they're leaving 2 undefended then they're retaken very quickly. Plus mstly they just want to farm - and if no-one comes running in dribs and drabs they get bored and go looking.

But for lots of mids quitting that really says more about the character of those players. Always suspected a lot of fotms and players who just wanted the best class/realm upped and went to mid. Alb played without relics for how long? Getting beaten by smaller numbers of more powerful players regularly and yet they stayed. Now Alb has its day int he sun compared to the many months of mid/hib ascendancy and you see the good time hangers on drift away.

Polemic over - now get those whining mids asses awake, get some relics taken back so we can come stomp you some more.

(And nottmoor - that was well done, but it was decided early on in BG not to defend/challenge retake as it had served its purpose)

Ardamel

Fledgling Freddie
Smilewhenyousaythat said:
But for lots of mids quitting that really says more about the character of those players. Always suspected a lot of fotms and players who just wanted the best class/realm upped and went to mid. Alb played without relics for how long? Getting beaten by smaller numbers of more powerful players regularly and yet they stayed. Now Alb has its day int he sun compared to the many months of mid/hib ascendancy and you see the good time hangers on drift away.

That may very well be true. However I can only speak for FoM, as you surely know, FoM is in no aspect elite. We're a PvE/crafting guild more than anything else although over the last two years we've become known as the guild in Midgard who arranges relic raids. We only have one FoTMer in FoM (Myztic) and he hasn't quit :) The first week in NF FoM took 5.5 mill RPs so it wasn't about not being able to slay and get RPs in NF that made many quit in FoM, it was the whole very unbalanced situation in having it all revolving around towers/keeps and having to fight the double amount of enemies with superior range.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Everyone knows the only reason albs haven't got the power relics is because they haven't tried. It's not like hib could stop them after all.

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Ardamel said:
with superior range.

Hmm did albs pack their bags and quit because insta mezz beat whatever CC they used? no, the superior range thing doesn't wash sorry, only mezz is superior and thats not by much, even then your runie can nearsight them at a greater range, if your unable to find nearsight its in the suppression line.

2 years of insta mezz/insta root/ichor of the deep/savages/stun>nuke from hibby casters with 20% power bonus/Left Axe/3xFZ in a group mids/3or4 grapplers in hibby groups and yet still albs came out to rvr.

Balance shifts and the whines never end.

Like many albs have posted beforehand its nice to see what the enemy is made of when they don't have huge advantages like they did pre-nf.

Ardamel

Fledgling Freddie
Edaemos said:
Hmm did albs pack their bags and quit because insta mezz beat whatever CC they used? no, the superior range thing doesn't wash sorry, only mezz is superior and thats not by much, even then your runie can nearsight them at a greater range, if your unable to find nearsight its in the suppression line.

2 years of insta mezz/insta root/ichor of the deep/savages/stun>nuke from hibby casters with 20% power bonus/Left Axe/3xFZ in a group mids/3or4 grapplers in hibby groups and yet still albs came out to rvr.

Balance shifts and the whines never end.

Like many albs have posted beforehand its nice to see what the enemy is made of when they don't have huge advantages like they did pre-nf.

Albs also have the archer type with the longest range and theurgists which can bring down doors without having to risk their lives. Ever been hit and gotten the msg: "Your target is too far away to auto-face"? Well let's just say it happens alot these days.

Nearsight is bound be the spell I use the most in keep/tower situations.

RobbanPobban

Fledgling Freddie
I just wanted to farm some easy Rpts cues I was tired :m00:

Been much DAoC now when I've started to play again :cheers:

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Ardamel said:
Albs also have the archer type with the longest range and theurgists which can bring down doors without having to risk their lives. Ever been hit and gotten the msg: "Your target is too far away to auto-face"? Well let's just say it happens alot these days.

Nearsight is bound be the spell I use the most in keep/tower situations.

Hunters still have great distance, nearsight range is greater than thurgs pet casting distance.

RobbanPobban

Fledgling Freddie
Ardamel said:
Ever been hit and gotten the msg: "Your target is too far away to auto-face"? Well let's just say it happens alot these days.

Trueshot3 4tw! 150% range arrows each 30 seconds, get 8 scouts/rangers/hunters assist with that :twak:

vintervargen

Banned
Edaemos said:

i so love to see this crying :D

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
vintervargen said:
i so love to see this crying :D

Its not me crying, during those times i didn't come and moan everyday about how unbalanced rvr, but now well, you and your realm mates along with whinegard give us much amusment :) :drink:

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Edaemos said:
Its not me crying, during those times i didn't come and moan everyday about how unbalanced rvr, but now well, you and your realm mates along with whinegard give us much amusment :) :drink:

But but, Edaemos, this is different.
It is actually unfair now that Albs are winning stuff!
Regards, Glottis

vintervargen

Banned
Edaemos said:

what is unbalanced with sos/bof: cleric, cleric, sorc, pally, theurg, minstrel, merc, merc?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Glottis said:
so they send 3fgh to take Arvakr I guess.
That is thinking outside the box :)
Regards, Glottis

nobody sent us, we decided to do it in /gu because its fun.

edit and during the "relic raid" it was 1fg then a 2nd fg of us

Calo

Part of the furniture
Edaemos said:
Hunters still have great distance, nearsight range is greater than thurgs pet casting distance.

Suppr line of runies is not really the best line...

Calo

Part of the furniture
Edaemos said:

right albs never whined ?

u guys are already whining about inc warlocks, theres nothing in hibernia/midgard left that u havent whined on :touch:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom