Week 5 maps

P

{PxRx}Yojimbo

Hi Guys,

Firstly I appreciate the effort you fine chaps are putting into running this league, must be a full time job.

Very simple request. Is it possible to let everyone know what the maps are for a given round, at least a week in advance.

It's just that many clans structure their praccy and friendly maps for the week based on the upcoming bwrtcwl round.

If you need a hand I can send in a proposed schedule for your review.

Regards,

{PxRx}Yojimbo.

K

=KOH=Math

Originally posted by Yojimbo25
Very simple request. Is it possible to let everyone know what the maps are for a given round, at least a week in advance.

It's just that many clans structure their praccy and friendly maps for the week based on the upcoming bwrtcwl round.

Agree with u on this one Yojimbo ;)

There are 8 standard maps that will be used in this league (at least the first season), so it should be pretty easy to line up these maps for the rest of the season:rolleyes:

As for week 5 maps, the only map we havent played in the league so far is the Communique (Base) map, so we better start praccy on that map :m00:

B

bigbb

Someone asked last night about mappys and apparently they're to be updated with all the rest of the season's maps either tonight or tomorrow. A discussion between the smooth operators is taking place tonight I believe.

T

trn

One suggestion for future depot games. When you have axis attacking, it is nearly always the case that they keep the forward deployment flag? This means the playing area is very small, only the trains, warehouse and roofs. I got the feeling that this made the level too crowded for any tactics to work properly.

I know the area is bigger than that of say, Castle, but most of Depot is open so you can shoot at anyone from anywhere, so the match feel like you're playing Quake 3 deathmatch rather than rtcw!

Or maybe it was just me, and the fact we were a little (lol) unorganise for this match.

O

old.nick481

I'd also like to chip in with yet another suggestion in that we play the same map in all four games. Couple of reasons for this.

1. Its hard sorting tactics out on one map let alone two and I sometimes never feel like we are learning anything.

2. When the map re-loads some people with slower computers arent in the map before the game starts. This happened to us once.

One map would make it easier to prepare and really have a go at it.

Slim[UC_UK]

K

*Kornholio*

Indeed, and it wouldn't really lengthen the league coz we're pretty short on maps as it is... only 1 left to go as we approach week 5, then it's repeating them anyway... may aswell play the same map twice in one day than once now & then again in 6 or 7 weeks...

P

{PxRx}Yojimbo

yes i'd agree with the 1 map per week suggestion.

B

brizzle

Only problem with this is, that if you come up against a clan who has this map well and truly sorted then you are in for a 4-0 loss.
At least if you go 2-0 down you have a chance of recovering a draw on map 2.....

I agree on the point of practising tactics for the one map but I like a little bit of diversity :)

Just my opinion anyhow.

As for not being in the map by the time it starts, that is what the admin is for. They normally ask if everyone is ready.

Brizz

P

{PxRx}Yojimbo

i see you're point but if you come up against a team where the map happens to be their favourite that's just luck of the draw really.

on another round someone will come up against you with yours.

overall it should balance itself out and you would still expect the good teams to finish in the top half of their division.

B

brizzle

Yeah you're right...

If we come up against a good team then I suppose they will beat us 4-0 no matter what map we play. :)
The idea of just practising one map for the game is indeed a very attractive one.

I'll go with whatever to be honest,

Brizz
'I'm very easy'

O

old.[BA]nXPLOSiVE

I played my first clan match last monday which was on Depot.

I didnt realise that on normal weeks 2 maps are used, I agree with only one map per week. Sounds better to me. :cool:

T

trn

Welcome, nXplosive!

Last weeks maps (Depot) were played differently to how a "normal" map would be played over one week though. In a normal map, it would be much easier to prepare the tactics, as it would simply mean you only do 2 sets, one for allies and one for axis.

Having Depot as 4 separate games made it very hard to do tactics; everyone had to remember 4 different roles for the same level, which is harder that having 2 roles for 2 different maps :D

O

old.[BA]nXPLOSiVE

Thx, and I liked playing on depot, nice games with clan SiSSy.

T

trn

He He, what a coincidence, played against you on BW SW3 just now :)

BTW I was in a Green Donkey Rubber suit. For those of you who haven't got a clue what I'm going on about, there's a new rule saying that anyone who goes on SW3 MUST be wearing a rubber animal suit ;)
:clap:
:m00:

Time for bed, I think :sleeping:

O

old.[BA]nXPLOSiVE

Yea, they were some fun games, total maddness. :puke:

A

Anduin

The rule isnt strickly true it can be a variation if its a turkey suit it doesnt have 2 be rubber due to turkey suits being sooo 2001 (aparently) so my turkey suit is actually a metalic 1 with built in mp40's (hot swapable with a selection of items/weapons)
And now having pointed that out i think that 1 map will be easier on alot of the lower clans in the league as not all of them have their own server to practice on and have to rely on the finely proveded bookable server by barrybookable and 1 map is easier to do in 2 hours than 2 maps

Now all i need to do is hunt out my fellow clan mate nxplosive and explain how the league is normally run ooops really shud remember to explain these things to me clan tehe

And yeh 2 Sissy gg hope to do a rematch sometime on a better map ie 1 that isnt depot ;)

B

bigbb

Week 5 was updated by VoDo last night chaps. All teh admin donkeys discussed a different map structure, of one map per match and decided against it. One map may be the case next season though, cross that bridge when it's come to I would think.

O

old.[BA]nXPLOSiVE

:'(

And the league tables are updated ? Or just the week 5.

B

bigbb

The scores were updated by VoDo, however I believe some of the Division tables are to be updated tonight by Psychotic.

O

old.[BA]nXPLOSiVE

Ok, Im kinda new too this, just finding out how it all works. :cool:

D

dusustin

Right, what seem to be the problem? Why haven't this sundays maps been anounced yet? I really can't see the problem with just choosing 2 maps and the format, there isn't really much maps are there? Pick 2 that haven't been played much, like Base (but if so make it SW) and perhaps some Ice goodness again, but just choose for god sake. Again, what is the problem? Too many cooks?

B

bigbb

No problem. The maps were updated early Wednesday, on the web site fixtures, as mentioned earlier in this thread. The league tables after being rebuilt from scratch Psychotic are available and up-to-date as of early tonight and he has apologised for the brief delay whilst he was rebuilding tables, through the weeks of results.

O

old.nick481

Originally posted by bigbb
Week 5 was updated by VoDo last night chaps. All teh admin donkeys discussed a different map structure, of one map per match and decided against it. One map may be the case next season though, cross that bridge when it's come to I would think.

Nearly all the people who could be bothered to comment on this thread said One map, and the admins, after considering it said no!

I'd be interested to hear how they talked themselves into continuing with 2 maps, which must be harder for them, rather than 1 map.

Slim[UC_UK]

K

*Kornholio*

snap... and surprisingly enough, quite a few people were bothered enough to actually post here... quite a lot of support for this one admins...

F

feld-hure

Although I don't have a preference really, I'd go with the Admins on this (as I'm such an admin b0ttom-licker ;> ) - So far, each week has had 2 maps (apart from Depot which is understandable) and if there's no real reason to change the structure, then it's fairer to stay as it is.

Whilst there have been points made on both sides (and maybe next season will be different as I agree it would have been easier to go one map per week , particularly for us newer clans), after this week all the maps will have been played so strats/roles should be become easier as (nearly ) all clans will have played them before, so they can either use the previous ones or modify them.

(Edit: also I would have thought that this may help clan's development - If they were totally owned on say, Assault or Ice (as we were !*) in the first week, we now have the opportuntiy to revisit the maps in a similar competitive match to see if we can get it right)

{*although this probably has more to do with the quality of our opposition: A*.... we hope!}

B

bigbb

My personal opinion is similar feld-hure's, perhaps better to revise these sort of aspects for a new season, where all aspects can be reviewed and improved.

I think that was something mentioned when it was bought up tother day, as well as there being more variety in the matches. Don't know. I'm quite happy to go along with it though, i'm not particularly fussed either way.

Users who are viewing this thread