BWRTCWL Custom Map

B

BlackLotus

Ok guys, give us your opinion!

Also, reffer some cool custom maps.

I'm down with mp_ufo.

N

null-pointer

If you decide to put custom maps in, I think you will need to provide links for ppl to be able to download them before the game.

I also not sure what you are actually attempting to achieve by putting custom maps in. Could you please explain the reasons for this to me.

I personally am indifferent as to whether custom maps are used. I would simply need to be told where I can get the maps from.

I've only ever seen 4 custom maps:
mp_cftmultidemo
mp_science
mp_river
mp_marketgarden

of those, I've only played mp_river "properly" and I did not like it !!.

G

gurkha

only ever seen 4 customs? there are like shit-loads :)

none of them are brilliant, but I quite like mp_ufo as well :)

D

Daemord

im not particularly fussed if a map is used so long as the clans are told which map it is (early) and given ample opportunity to practice it and learn it after all im sure some of us hate the official maps (for me personally i cant stand ice for to long) so what difference does it make if u like or dont like it

Z

Z(^pSyCo)

As long as it Science \o/

That map can produce some really good games (as proven by Lems & 4K)

O

onkelkarkov

map should be:

SCIENCE \o/

no doubt bout it

or swalbard or whatever it's called. The one where you have to blow a plane and get some docs somewhere to win.

I wouldn't mind some custom maps, as long as we have time to prac a bit on it beforehand. and that not in IM style :)

edit:
[21:47] <pSy-Co> "swalbard" ?????
[21:47] <^VooDoo> lolol
[21:47] <^VooDoo> swalbard
[21:47] <^VooDoo> schwalbe?

^^ okok, it wasn't swalbard then :s voodoo gets the prize for figuring out the correct mapname.

edit done

H

haig

mp_science \o/

Lems vs 4K final for IM was a great match proving that this is a well balenced map.

D

dusustin

I would say the tournament issue of Ufo or Mitchell Down, both excellent maps for competative games.

S

syk.chak

ctf? Only custom I've played apart from science :D

S

sX|vegas

Im against Customs tbh...But if I had to have one, I would say Bridge, for 6v6...though tbh I dont like the idea...sorry :(

T

theGaMeCat

Well tbh I dont have a problem with it at all....I will say this.....gotta get the map right.....I'm kinda up for using thr science map but for one thing, its not really rtcw and in a league format is this something we all want? Dunno really. Dont agree with Mitchell Down at all, mainly cos I dont really like competitively playing on maps where a doc carrier can swim to victory...dont ask why I, I just dont like it :)

I would say however that UFO (I believe there is a competitive version) should be the one used....its fun, can be fast paced...only potential issue is the amount of spawn camping that can be done on the allies forward spawn. Maybe we should book a server with a selection of maps and then let the people decide afterwards?

What do u reckon?

E

ew.CoDa

I'm all for custom maps. The problem is, it's maybe not enough time for clans to practice b4 next weeks start. Maybe in the next league, though.
My choice would be Bridge or Ardennes Blitzkrieg for a good 6v6

L

LA]Manolito

I'm with CoDa... to little time to develop tactics and train custom maps now, maybe next season. I like Ardennes Blitzkrieg och UFO, although Ardennes Blitzkrieg might be FPS heavy to some machines.

/Manolito of Lost Angels

R

rdcv

hum

Hum pliz do NOT map custom map to this league. This would be really a big big mistake. ATM, rtcw is not developped enough to be played on customs map.
If you allow to play on customs maps, I really think that's I and my team (epsylon) would leave the league....

E

ew.CoDa

Re: hum

Originally posted by rdcv
Hum pliz do NOT map custom map to this league. This would be really a big big mistake. ATM, rtcw is not developped enough to be played on customs map.
If you allow to play on customs maps, I really think that's I and my team (epsylon) would leave the league....

Woah! That's a bit strong, taking your team out of the league if customs are included. It's obvious to me that your clan doesn't play them. Well, your missing out 'cos there are quite a few great ones out there. Some specially made to improve skills.

You are , IMHO, very wrong about RtCW not being developed enough to be played on custom maps. There are many servers out there that run custom maps and a LOT of mappers who work very hard to design them.

If the advice from here is heeded, then there may be a couple in the next league and a good thing that is!

B

BodySnatcher

Well...

My 2 cents here...

1/ A map has to be really balanced for league play... Most custom maps I've seen are funny, but rarely match this goal. Most give advantages to defense, or offense, few are playable on 6vs6.

2/ I love RtCW because it involves tactics, and coordinated play. It takes time to achieve a good teamplay on a given map, teams like us, without a server, would suffer a disadvantage towards others who could prepare their tactics on the new custom maps and train.

3/ I don't think playing the stock maps is boring, because every new opponent brings in a totally new "case"... So I tend to think, leave the map alone, let the guys be tricky.

OR...
Just play it to the maximum extend, don't reveal the map name until the last second, so that NO ONE can prepare it... Then it becomes more like a "pure skill" contest.

V

v0rt3x-

the joke

My opinion is "Customs maps are a big mistake to be played in a league" :(

Look at your intel tournament that have been played in U.K, all europe were laughing about Intel customs map, and every clans thought that was a bad idea.

i think the only goal of your league is to finish normally, not like others seasons :( . And forget your idea of custom maps if you don't want to see good clan left your league before the end.

Now do what you want and you will see the result in few week :)

V

v0rt3x-

another

i agree with epsylon if customs maps are allowed "2o" will left the league also :(

we have no time to prepare customs maps we are playing 5 leagues in same time

S

syk.chak

Agree with 2o/epsylon on their opinion, although it is unlikely we will leave the league, it will be hard practising the maps when we have other leagues to play in which don't require us to play these maps.

K

>K<.STUN.

I kinda agree that custom maps being anounced now seems a bit late for peeps to prepare for. Look at what it did to Jolt
league,with arguements about ping, balance and lack of time to prepare.

If we have no choice then Wizerness or Tundra would be our prefered custom maps.

But im not keen on the idea ...... sorrry

B

BlackLotus

Off course the custom map woulnd't be played right away. I'm dropping the custom map idea for this season but i think i'll use it for next season, for 1 week only.

I've heard that are already some custom maps tweaked for 6v6 competitive play.

E

ExP.Neo

I voted yes and i think Wizerness or Ufo would be good maps, dropping the custom map for this League is a good idea imo and i look forward to some good games :D

B

BlackLotus

A friend of mine just warned me that the Cal league already made use of tweaked custom maps, so we got tweaked mitchel down, tundra (still on beta) and Foo Fighter (mp_ufo). I'll make available a map for download in some time.

Users who are viewing this thread