Banned
Can it be before 20 cet because I have a GG on limors by then :>

Ps. Sowy for stealing thread frozen I'll hush :>

Umm.. I'm at work till 20..

My laptop can run ToA"laggy" but i will need someone to buff meh
aswell.

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
Truly awesome movie Frozen and definitely well worth the wait - really enjoyed it :)

So many bits stand out like those 2 bridge rampages (I'll kill every feckin one of you) lol, Araudry comments, Solo'er frustrations/Make friends bit, Jiradon epic fight, and more :)

Was nice the way you broke the solo'ing up with "other" stuff and was all good stuff too so imo well worth the time you put in on the editing :) Sad ending made me... erm... sad tho.

One of the best solo'er movies ever and imo up there with Illu's movies in terms of pure entertainment - 5 stars :)

**EDIT** PS <3 Manisch for the uber fast mirror

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
Yes I somehow finished it :)
Even after cutting alot, the movie is still quite big (35 min and 500mb each part).
I split it into two, so its easier to download and you can check if you still want to see part2 after the first one...

I spend really alot of evenings working on it...
Almost gave up on it a few times, it just seemed an endless ammount of work.
But I managed to make something out of it that I'm satisfied with.

After 4 video's this will be my last one. I might log in once in a while but I'm not gonna play as active as I've done the last 4,5 years. So this movie is sort of a goodbye present.

I really would like to hear what you ppl think about it since the main reason I made this is for you, the ppl I played with and against all those years ;)

Here are the links:

Filefront
Aiteal FTP

A big thanks to Aiteal for hosting <3

Frozensolid

About fooking time :)

Amphrax/Arauddry

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Indeed one of the best movies i've seen.

Well done Frozensolid!

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
lol @ second movie, minute 8 - 12 on the bridge
:D

Truly entertaining

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
lol @ second movie, minute 8 - 12 on the bridge
:D

Truly entertaining

Thats what I meant with my comment about Frozen's Bridge Rampages lol - theres another one in the first movie - starts about 9 mins in - the lyrics on the song playing made me smile too lol :)

MegaMaejter

Banned
Hmm, I'm getting error msgs when trying to extract the files. Running on vista x64 donno if thats it but it just stops at 92 kbs when extracting..

Oh qq why did u have to zip it :>?? All you save is like 10 mbs :/

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Amazing. I can't describe it in a better way; pure class.

Frozensolid

One of Freddy's beloved
Thanks for the great replies so far...
Really enjoy reading through them seeing that ppl loved watching it, really makes it worth the efford put into it :)

Great movie :D Have to say there was a little to many 1v1 in there for my liking... Not that I don't love a good 1v1, it just gets abit repeatative. Still a huge load of awesome fights in there, and definately worth the download :)

Yes that was my main concern, to keep it interesting. I tried to vary the classes and fights as much as possible, but I know it still can be a bit much for some. Though glad you liked most of it :)

Very very nice mate.

Tho that ending made me sad~

The ending was suppose to be sad... Wanted to create a movie that was funny, cool and sad at the same time so tried to fit in those elements.

Hmm, I'm getting error msgs when trying to extract the files. Running on vista x64 donno if thats it but it just stops at 92 kbs when extracting..

Oh qq why did u have to zip it :>?? All you save is like 10 mbs :/

Zipped it because Aiteal asked met too as I previously mentioned.
I have no idea why it doenst unpack. You could try to download through Filefront: ijskist Profile, ijskist Details - FileFront.com

Or Manisch ftp (cheers for the mirror)
http://www.crymore.de/rehosted/DAoC/FrozensolidTheFinalStepPart1.avi
http://www.crymore.de/rehosted/DAoC/FrozensolidTheFinalStepPart2.avi

Neither of those are zipped

Bistrup666

Loyal Freddie
Yup really nice vid. excelent usage of the potential of the class.

well the little bearded dorf said most of what I wanna say too :drink:

brad

Fledgling Freddie
I wish i had just taken time to make a movie on my warrior now. :(

Hiolo

One of Freddy's beloved
6 and a half hour left before i can dl and watch it Grrrr. Damn work, anyway will DL when i get home ;)

kivik

Part of the furniture
You really show what a really underestimated class is capable of.

Just had to reply to this. Underestimated in groups - maybe. But definitely in the same league as armsman when it comes to soloing, no doubt one the most strongest (and overpowered) class to face 1v1. In my opinion.

Only watched first part so far, you're very good at what you are doing and many clips are entertaining and exciting. But, those 1v1s where you blow IP just as things are getting close kinda spoils the excitement. I don't find 1v1s where you end up on almost 100% particularly interesting either (depends ofc, if it's some zerging mong it's always fun :))

Now lets see the next part :)

Frozensolid

One of Freddy's beloved
Just had to reply to this. Underestimated in groups - maybe. But definitely in the same league as armsman when it comes to soloing, no doubt one the most strongest (and overpowered) class to face 1v1. In my opinion.

Only watched first part so far, you're very good at what you are doing and many clips are entertaining and exciting. But, those 1v1s where you blow IP just as things are getting close kinda spoils the excitement. I don't find 1v1s where you end up on almost 100% particularly interesting either (depends ofc, if it's some zerging mong it's always fun :))

Now lets see the next part :)

I'm guessing your referring to the fight with Izasku where I used IP. I agree it maybe wouldve been better if i didnt use it. But on the other hand, he used purge where I didnt and that was the only fight I had vs him, so decided to use it.
As for the ending up 100%, ye it happens. I wanted to create a somewhat realistic view how fights normally go. And aside from heavy shield tanks there are just not many fights that came close in the 1/2 year... So ye there aren't as much 'good loosing fights' as I hoped. But iirc more in part2, so hoping you enjoy that more...

As for the underestimated / overpowered...
Well I really cant tell myself. There indeed were some unnecessary style boosts I guess last few years. Things like the frontal style can easily be abused...
On Dyvet though, VWs never been popular, not even after the boost. Usually about 1-3 out on an evening... I still find it strange when someone calls a VW overpowered (good heavy tanks / valks and maulers will mostly kick my ass), I wouldve laughed pretty hard if someone wouldve said that to me a few years ago heehee :)

brad

Fledgling Freddie
I'm guessing your referring to the fight with Izasku where I used IP. I agree it maybe wouldve been better if i didnt use it. But on the other hand, he used purge where I didnt and that was the only fight I had vs him, so decided to use it.
As for the ending up 100%, ye it happens. I wanted to create a somewhat realistic view how fights normally go. And aside from heavy shield tanks there are just not many fights that came close in the 1/2 year... So ye there aren't as much 'good loosing fights' as I hoped. But iirc more in part2, so hoping you enjoy that more...

As for the underestimated / overpowered...
Well I really cant tell myself. There indeed were some unnecessary style boosts I guess last few years. Things like the frontal style can easily be abused...
On Dyvet though, VWs never been popular, not even after the boost. Usually about 1-3 out on an evening... I still find it strange when someone calls a VW overpowered (good heavy tanks / valks and maulers will mostly kick my ass), I wouldve laughed pretty hard if someone wouldve said that to me a few years ago heehee :)

Makes me feel the same about my warrior, they wern't always overpowered you know. :D

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
Just finished watching both parts.

Some really nice stuff in there. Even me :) on 2 occasions (even if not that well played or lucky :p).
Liked most of the fights and was laughing with what was happening some times.

Yeah, valewalker wasnt really played while i was playing Dyvet. Only 2 really come to mind from the few that were out and were not some random 20 sec fight. Frozensolid and Eliten. And no, valewalker aint overpowered, but can be a lethal weapon on the hands of some1 who knows what he is doing (tho tbh, what helps in NOT being overpowered in this case, is only the lack of warlord/banelord).

Sometimes i wish i had made a couple of movies too (the thane especially, or the sb... not of the tic i am planning on US ... OFC :p), but that wasnt just possible. Anyways, will just stick on viewing some class vids like this one... to remind me...

Septina

Part of the furniture

that's what i was after. :p

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
I think nuxto got it right to a certain extend. I don't think VW are overpowerred but simply a surprisingly strong class in the hands of someone who can play it to it's full potential. Overpowerred classes are those of the like of arms, valks, warden. Because these days even in the hands of a medicore player still will make most people cry and decide to go play their caster.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Lads, don't forget that frozen has been playing his vw for ages. I'm pretty sure he'd make any class seem overpowered with such dedication.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Just finished watching part 1 (saving part two for when I finish dinner)

But that was awesome fun to watch
The MoC fights
The kiting/LT'ing
The toe to toe fights
They were all really fun clips

When you put that pulp fiction song in, I thought, maybe he's overhyped this scene a little
But then the scene unfolded and it was just superb
havent enjoyed watching someone kite folks around a structure that much since censi at the villa

The RR ding was classic stuff too

really looking forward to part two :clap:

kivik

Part of the furniture
I think nuxto got it right to a certain extend. I don't think VW are overpowerred but simply a surprisingly strong class in the hands of someone who can play it to it's full potential. Overpowerred classes are those of the like of arms, valks, warden. Because these days even in the hands of a medicore player still will make most people cry and decide to go play their caster.

A mediocre player can win with ease on VWs too. Any stealther goes down spamming that frontal root/followup DD style. And just like on arms/valk/warden there are those who play the class too it's full pontential, like frozen. Now why VWs remain unpopular while every player and his dog roll valks/champs/wardens/armsmen/warriors is beyond me.

Watched second part. Absolutely fantastic. Ok, personally I'd dropped many fights and maybe made it ~15-20 minutes shorter. But still, the outro is amazing, I was imagining I saw myself there at the keepfight! :( More close fights! The one against Eul was eek! And the RR10 ding, just classic. 10/10!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom