Warrior spec?

fotm

Fledgling Freddie
Which one would suit a solo warrior best in both pve and rvr?

50weap, 50shield, 28 parry or 44weap, 44shield, 44parry?

seeph

Fledgling Freddie
50/50/28

but 50weapon/42shield/39parry is a good pve option, but in rvr parry isnt anyu good so i'd go 50/50/28

fotm

Fledgling Freddie
seeph said:
50/50/28

but 50weapon/42shield/39parry is a good pve option, but in rvr parry isnt anyu good so i'd go 50/50/28
Ive gotten the idea that many says parry is useless in rvr cause you arent really the maintarget as a warrior but does it really apply to soloing?

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
i think parry is very nice for solo/pve, but 28+1x will do especially if you already have 50 shield. makes using reactionaries easier since you block more than parry :p

Strider

Fledgling Freddie
Phew... for once I make the righ choise. Made lots of mistakes with my toons and I only ended up with a lvl 50 Warrior becasue my guild needed one for PvE (we were full of shams at the time). That said I am sad how gimped my lvl 50 War feels RvR :(. May just be because he is RR 1L9 and one ToA item (Level 0 - winged hem).

Anyway he is Axe 50/ Shield 50 (I love Brutalise)/ Parry 28.

Strider (Happy for once).

Jarroman

Fledgling Freddie
50 / 50 / 28 is optimum imo...

some go on 50 weap 42 shield rest parry , but never tried it never will.

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
50 weap /42 shield / 41 parry ( 39 if no auto-train)

be sure to spec MOB3 and MOP3 ..then u go for ip and u will never die :p

Helme

Resident Freddy
Nuxtobatns said:
50 weap /42 shield / 41 parry ( 39 if no auto-train)

be sure to spec MOB3 and MOP3 ..then u go for ip and u will never die :p
Unless you get nuked to pieces in 5 seconds ofcourse.

Sorenti

Fledgling Freddie
Just out of interest, I have specced my Warrior (now 42.5) Sword 50, Parry 50, Shield 27. (Am currently Sword 42, Parry 42, Shield 10+) So far I chew through enemies in RvR, I don't understand why everyone says Parry is no good in RvR - as long as I close the distance between me and enemies, I parry almost everything, if not I block or evade, my group always joke that I must have some uber equipment cos I very rarely die, yet all I have is crafted and SC'd armour, haven't even got the scrolls for my one arti yet lol.

Because of this, I seriously believe that it's not how you spec so much as how you play - so any "perfectly" specced character can be a gimp in the wrong hands and any gimped character can be perfectly playable in the right hands! You just gotta know what you can and can't do, figure out what works best for you and work on it :sex:

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
tbh not going at least 42 shield for slam seems strange.. at the end of the day specc how u feel comfortable.. my warr is 50/50/28 ofc.. works fine

Trylle^nzi

Fledgling Freddie
Actually you can push it. Dunno if you're planning to start a warrior or already have a lvl 50.

But if you are going to PL a warrior, solo the first 5 levels, take it to moderna and PL away, dont spec in anything. Then you will autotrain him and you can go 50weap 50 shield, 31 parry.

Jika

Fledgling Freddie
full parry, full shield .. rest in all wep specs .. so u can use bling weps ^_^ :eek2:

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Sorenti said:
Just out of interest, I have specced my Warrior (now 42.5) Sword 50, Parry 50, Shield 27. (Am currently Sword 42, Parry 42, Shield 10+) So far I chew through enemies in RvR, I don't understand why everyone says Parry is no good in RvR - as long as I close the distance between me and enemies, I parry almost everything, if not I block or evade, my group always joke that I must have some uber equipment cos I very rarely die, yet all I have is crafted and SC'd armour, haven't even got the scrolls for my one arti yet lol.

Because of this, I seriously believe that it's not how you spec so much as how you play - so any "perfectly" specced character can be a gimp in the wrong hands and any gimped character can be perfectly playable in the right hands! You just gotta know what you can and can't do, figure out what works best for you and work on it :sex:

Right. Another one of those "wtfpwn" stories. Get to 50 m8 and try fighting some decent enemies for a change.

Sanzor

Fledgling Freddie
Entirely depends...im not sure, but parry don´t have a penalty of how many attackers you can parry at once, like shield has? This could benefit alot when fighting more than 4. Parry seems better vs dual wielders aswell, so if your planning on beating mercs or infils it seems nice.

I´ve got the 50w, 50s and 28 parry thou. Slam and Brutalize are nice in certain situations :)

peder

Fledgling Freddie
fotm said:
Which one would suit a solo warrior best in both pve and rvr?

50weap, 50shield, 28 parry or 44weap, 44shield, 44parry?

ask me abouts the warriors and berserks :)
it si easy to autotrain a easy levels and gets:
50 wep, 50 shid, 29 parrys

spend 1h more and get better...
think about its :)

fotm

Fledgling Freddie
Thank you all, think i just stick to 50/50/28 then :)

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Autotraining gives u 1-2 parry more = 0.5-1% more chance to parry. 1 level of MoParry gives u 3%

Little reason to autotrain for imo :O

Mazzaca

Fledgling Freddie
Lothandar said:
Right. Another one of those "wtfpwn" stories. Get to 50 m8 and try fighting some decent enemies for a change.

Haha, I agree.

I went for 50/50/28 with my warrior btw.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
50/50/28 for teh win. Was 50/42/39 for ages, then used the free respec from 1.62 to try 50/50/28, and my only regret was not doing it earlier.

And I have rolled an alt to try the 2H Warrior spec of 50 Sword/50 Parry/28 Shield. Reckon it could be fun as pure 2H damage-dealer class; the high WS would be nice and 50 Parry would let you carve up DW'ers with (relative) ease.

Ailyn

Loyal Freddie
Whenever im gonna activate account, finnish my exping of Malice Hammer, and specc for hammer. (in like 50 years or so xD)
Im gonna go 44hammer 37 parry, 50 shield, should still have long over 2000 wskill which should be enough for my dmg. (atleast with 10% style % meele boost from toa) :)

Might not be good, might totaly suck, not like respecstones are that expensive ayway :)

Oh btw to brag some, i once killed a player from another realm and got like realpoints and bountypoints that i could pay the rent on my house with. that was so totaly cool.. eh.. :p

Sorenti

Fledgling Freddie
Lothandar said:

Ok, you're obviously one of those people who contribute to the reasons why everyone says Midgard is an unfriendly place! I won't call you a n00b cos you seem to have some good characters, but you are acting like one with your response!

Firstly, all I was saying is that I am trying a different way to spec deliberately cos EVERYONE goes 50w/50s/28p!

Secondly I was asking for a reason why Parry is no good in RvR, everyone seems to say it, but nobody gives a clear cut reason - if YOU can't answer it, don't bother posting a nasty-ass post just for the sake of it.

Thirdly, "fighting some decent enemies for a change" SUCH AS??? I don't fight in BG's you know - I take on lvl 50's and win already at lvl 45, that was part of my point as to how is Parry so bad? If you were talking about PvE, then it's not relevant as I was talking RvR!

Sort yourself out dude! :wanker:

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
Sorenti said:
Ok, you're obviously one of those people who contribute to the reasons why everyone says Midgard is an unfriendly place! I won't call you a n00b cos you seem to have some good characters, but you are acting like one with your response!

Firstly, all I was saying is that I am trying a different way to spec deliberately cos EVERYONE goes 50w/50s/28p!

Secondly I was asking for a reason why Parry is no good in RvR, everyone seems to say it, but nobody gives a clear cut reason - if YOU can't answer it, don't bother posting a nasty-ass post just for the sake of it.

Thirdly, "fighting some decent enemies for a change" SUCH AS??? I don't fight in BG's you know - I take on lvl 50's and win already at lvl 45, that was part of my point as to how is Parry so bad? If you were talking about PvE, then it's not relevant as I was talking RvR!

Sort yourself out dude! :wanker:

Ok, I will explain to you why.

As a warrior, your role is to keep your support/casters alive, not to dish out damage. This savages and berserkers can do a lot better than you.

Shield gives you guard, which let's you block off attacks from enemies, and is very useful while fighting enemy assistrain, or when the target you are bodyguarding is getting hit by a scout/ranger. Bodyguard doesnt block ranged attacks.

Then, one of the most important things are the shield styles, slam at lvl42 gives you a nice anytime style which stuns an enemy for 9 or 8 seconds, cant quite remember what's the exact timer. This stun is a "melee stun" so it isnt affected by determination or other CC reducing realm abilities. So, in other words it makes him an easy targer, and out of game for almost 10secs. Also if you'd happen to be solo you'd have time to hit him twice with your 2h.

Saying that "this works really well I'm sure it's the best way to go" kinda shows, that you really dont understand your role, or are somewhat clueless about your class. Of course, you can spec your character exactly as you like, but believe me it's not allways the best way to go.

Those are few reasons, it is the best way to get one of your defences as high as possible, and not have 2 mediocre ones. (Splashor used to be 44/44/44, damn unkillable in PvE but still kinda pointless) And in this, shield is far more useful than parry.

I used to play as a RR3 noob with shammy spec 22mend/38aug/31cave, (which was the shittiest spec I ever had) but because I was so fucking convinced of me knowing my class and being the uber0x0rguy ever, I didnt listen to older players advicing me to spec different, of course in the end they were right. (altho my guilds shaman, Gama told me that everything under 46cave "Is horrible")

Talking of which, which kind of enemies you are talking about if you seem to win them all over? You and your 6 mates vs a solo? If you seem to be so confident over winning ez over lvl 50s, why dont you take one with my shaman or my thane. Thane is even in SI equipment, so he should be an easy catch for a mighty warrior like you!

I hope this clears something out. kk?

edit:

Oh yeah, this reminds me of the "how to spec healer" discussion where someone asks for RvR spec and some guy tells that his 20aug, 31pac, 26mend or so spec rocks

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Sorenti said:

I think kalba summed it up nicely so I don't really have to go into explanations here.

Edit: A level 50 player who is beaten by a level 45 blue con player, is not a decent enemy, sorry

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Lothandar said:
I think kalba summed it up nicely so I don't really have to go into explanations here.

Edit: A level 50 player who is beaten by a level 45 blue con player, is not a decent enemy, sorry

hah, jealous of his skillz arent you... how sad

xDDD

Jarroman

Fledgling Freddie
i'd stick to what kalba said. perfectly put imo .

when it come to dualwielders etc ok, parry may be defending YOURSELF better.... personally i am 50/50/31parry +1X (X = RR) which means that at rr5 + u gonna have more than enough parry ;P

if warriors don't have 50 shield then all quit em and catch a thane oO

as i always say when peeps ask about templates etc etc and as kalba alrdy mentioned ... warriorz are defensive classes.. u want dmg play a svg/zerk ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom