Warning

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
You probably already do this, but always check the condition of the items you are buying. We have a coupla Del Boys trying it on atm.

eg. Improved Barrel of Replenishment @ 450g looks like a bargain - until you check and find the barrel has only 6 charges left. This makes even the swingeing 2p for a full barrel that some hogs charge pale into insignificance.

So, if you want to spend your hard-earned cash the hard way buy from :

Svatstab at 1930 Carlingford Excalibur

There are other examples of worn down items being touted at new prices, but now you know how some people play this game (if you didn't before) :

Caveat Emptor

FAM87

Loyal Freddie
Oh, nice of you to point it out. Some ppl are just, well, greedy ;<

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Fo! Someone stole my idea, only managed to sell two barrels for 1p with 1 charge in this far.

Was rather funny though, did it more for a laugh than something else and someone bought them. :p

Takes like a month for me to wear a barrel down though.

Agony

Fledgling Freddie
atos said:
Fo! Someone stole my idea, only managed to sell two barrels for 1p with 1 charge in this far.

Was rather funny though, did it more for a laugh than something else and someone bought them. :p

hope this is a joke trollum :twak:

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
atos said:

that's not funny at all, it just greedy, selfish and a extremly arrogant thing to do. i must say i'm dissapoionted :(

Preatoria

Loyal Freddie
haha, kinda good idea tbh but that's the way to earn money imho. It would be a great laugh to sell something like that to a friend and then laugh with him but pay it back and stuff ...

Not to sell it on cm etc :( That's just lame imho.

illu

Part of the furniture
It's like when you get cockends selling a ton of 1g items or 5g items and then slips in a few 1p or 5p prices for the same things :/

Luckily I haven't been stung yet but it's been close a few times!

And yes always check durability and the item through and through to see if it is exactly what you want. I saw a lovely pair of leggings for super cheap price, then saw dur was about 40% :/

Oli - Illu

Killswitch

FH is my second home
can work for you sometimes...found a pair of MP cloth boots in the middle of a load of 99% and 98% quality ones...all priced at 100g :)

Bargain of the century or what?

Everz

FH is my second home
atos said:

:wanker:

Commandment

Fledgling Freddie
Killswitch said:
can work for you sometimes...found a pair of MP cloth boots in the middle of a load of 99% and 98% quality ones...all priced at 100g :)

Bargain of the century or what?

yea see'in a couple of mp boots set for 2p and then one set for 2g! oolol!

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Honestly. If people are retarded enough not to check the stuff they buy its their own fault. Ofc people are going to abuse anything they can to get an advantage. I mean sorcs moc lifetap if they lose control and still win. While others an counter this by slamming or running through.

Other people check what they buy or they learn by others misstakes or just learn by being exploited themselfs.

Now, I openly admit I did it. I could have easilly done the other way around.

And as I said, was for my personal enjoyment. Other people do other things to try to cause as much whine as possible by zerging or adding. It's all pretty similar.

Thats all.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
atos said:

And as I said, was for my personal enjoyment.

Your a pathetic tit.
Nothing more, nothing less..

Good luck with puberty, let us know how it turns out.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
Atos whats your lot? Would be nice to know where not to shop

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Lol

Golena said:

..best come-back in years. pwned, Del Boy.

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
atos said:
Honestly. If people are retarded enough not to check the stuff they buy its their own fault. Ofc people are going to abuse anything they can to get an advantage. I mean sorcs moc lifetap if they lose control and still win. While others an counter this by slamming or running through.

Other people check what they buy or they learn by others misstakes or just learn by being exploited themselfs.

And as I said, was for my personal enjoyment. Other people do other things to try to cause as much whine as possible by zerging or adding. It's all pretty similar.

Thats all.

doesn't justify it one bit.

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
People should check things before buying stuff. I don't go buying a stereo, without checking that the hardware is in order. I don't buy a piece of hardware for my computer, without making sure it's good. I don't buy a pair of shoes without checking that they actually fit.

However, with that in mind, stores don't put out bad merchandinse, hoping that a sucker will forget to check it out and pay for a bad item.
Small minded people try to feel superior and more intelligent by setting up scams in the attempt to fool the trusting buyer. People say that the intelligent fool the less intelligent, but as I see it, there's nothing intelligent about trying to fool someone else.

As I see it, either you're completely ego-centered and don't care about being a total prick, or you're just a sad stupid person, who needs to overcompensate for lack of wits and intelligence.

Just my opinion of course.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Golena said:
Your a pathetic tit.
Nothing more, nothing less..

Why are you still waiting on it too? ololol!.

Nothing against you at all Golena, just i saw the opportunity and had to make a crappy funny :(

:wub:

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
atos said:

Thats all.

The word 'tit' coupled with 'complete fuckin' spring to mind :twak:

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
atos said:
Honestly. If people are retarded enough not to check the stuff they buy its their own fault.
Sigh...trollis...ofc you know and understand that beeing on the recieving end of tricking someone isnt fun. Try to think how they feel rather than thinking of how stupid they are for beeing tricked.

Treat people as you yourself would want to be treated has to start with someone. Thinking that no one else does it, really wount bring anything but a crap world to live in...

Stop and think twice about the other persons perspective before you do something.

/Charmangle

Agony

Fledgling Freddie
atos said:

Thats all.
funny how you still can be guilded whit that attitude, aint my problem so wount get into it, but still acting like a prick wount get you fare in daoc communety havent you learn that in these past years.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
atos said:
I mean sorcs moc lifetap if they lose control and still win. While others an counter this by slamming or running through.

Those are enemies though. To do it knowingly to your realm mates, is pretty cruel I think. What if it turned out Vavire or Bluesky bought one by accident then decided they were within their rights to ban you from any future raids. They would be completely justified to do that, just like you feel its okay to purposely attempt to hoodwink people on your side out of money they have played to earn, done by paying for a game out of their own real life money.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
lol meights how hard is it to shift+i on an item befor you buy it?

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
leviathane said:

That is not the point? The point is that it is quite lame to try to rip people off this way, and indeed it is.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
leviathane said:

If i'm trying to buy 5 of them quickly then get back to my RvR group then it's a pain..

I always do it, would be much nicer if idiots didn't exist and I didn't have to bother tho.

Darkmack

One of Freddy's beloved
skilling up my alchemy so i dont have to deal with trollum twats on cms! 445 meights

not that ive been tricked i just want cheaper barrels anyways :<

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Ripping Off

Belomar said:
Trollum is a known idiot anyway, can't say I am surprised.

....unfortunately, he's not alone.

Yes, I know and you know that the cleverer, more experienced, more aware yadayadayada players will check everything they buy, 100% of the time.

So who are we left with that these smirking morons are exploiting? You've guessed it : the less clever, less experienced, and less aware : that is, the very players we should be protecting and encouraging. Any Community that's worth the name will not allow exploitation of its weakest members to pass without comment or action.

So to those who think this sort of thing is in the least bit amusing : up yours, Jack. You know nothing, and if enough people know ya, you'll get nowhere.

:m00:

(As Darkmack mentioned, if this is about cheap barrels and you haven't tried making 'em - see 'Barrels' thread.)

Sigwyen

Fledgling Freddie
atos said:

Thats all.

Damn trollum u just lost my respect ....

/Mirk

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Now, since I said I did it for a laugh I sort of expected people to contact me when they realised they only bought one potion. I would have no issues with refounding their expenses if people contacted me and explained their situation.

Now, I'm not the evil one here. You are by throwing harsh words at me. If people don't try and solve the situation when they are scammed they are stupid. If people don't check stuff before they buy em they are stupid. This is not america, there are not warningsigns for everything.

Don't do anything ingame you wouldnt do IRL. And tbh, I would be more than happy to do something like it IRL. For a laugh ofcourse as I mentioned before to avoid missunderstandings. But I asume none of you ever heard of practical jokes, and are probably going to make another try in your pathetic attempts to paint me out as a bad guy. :)

Now I agree its probably a bad idea to play a practical joke on someone you don't know irl. But this is not irl, its a game and should be treated as such.

But I'll just stop writing here and wait for another reaction which is rather predictable.

adoNix

Can't get enough of FH
haha nice one trollum :p i completly agree with you. If you don't check the items you buy you deserve it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom