warlockzerg ruined all soloing/duoing?

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
Konah said:
alot more! imo :p

insane class, worse than original savage and thats saying something...

GoGo Mythic! (to game development classes.)

nah savages were worse tbh..

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
Palemos said:
whine whine .. cause of whine warlocks will be nerfed no reason to whine that its OP when everyone knows a nerf will come NERF banshees

hi retard
:wanker:

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Urgluf said:
nah savages were worse tbh..

yeh u might be right... least a warlock gotta reload after his insta-kill(s), i guess.

Calo

Part of the furniture
Konah said:
yeh u might be right... least a warlock gotta reload after his insta-kill(s), i guess.

If u would be able to activate those 2 braincells you would be albe to figure out that warlocks can't really INSTA kill 2 ppl...

Warlocks have their downsides also, yes they are OP.
Then again, im pretty sure if hibs had warlocks lorff would have had one etc..
Its just a normal human thing when u can have the best , that u take the best...

btw its just great to take the piss out of hibs & albs :D

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Calo said:
If u would be able to activate those 2 braincells you would be albe to figure out that warlocks can't really INSTA kill 2 ppl...

aight cant insta kill.. but ask Aim how fast he killed 2 high rr albs and an armsman?:D

[20:07:21] <Aim^^> killed xandro, amenion and some rr4 armsman once
[20:07:38] <Aim^^> think they all were dead in less than 6 secs, counting from when xandro died, which was pretty much insta :)

thats rather.. fast wont ya say?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
majik said:
ML9 is hard to obtain?

A sorceror can easily kill small groups and definately duo's/solo'ers and finally when Midgard get a class which can do the same we see the entire population of albion on the forum whining about it.

OKAY.

yes because a level 42 RR1 warlock killing RR8 people is exactly the same as a RR5 ML9 sorcerer killing RR5 people that have purge down.

There is a very good reason there is a big fat 30% nerf coming down the pipeline (not enough imo but hey if half the fotm warlocks give up it won't be quite the same problem)

Oh and the reason warlocks are as sick as they are is because noone rolled hex/witchcraft warlocks till the last week of beta (and there was a nerf to cast times then, obviously not enough) - everyone was focusing on the curse spec bolt in a chamber (the first two chambers allowed bolts till about 3 weeks before release).

I'd rather see them remove the hex line lifetap ;) but hey ;)

(not that it's anything to do with warlocks I agree that ML9 RR5+ sorcs with MoC3 are overpowered, but "ooh they got an overpowered class" isn't an excuse... two wrongs don't make a right.)

Anyway my prediction is that in the next expansion involving classes Midgard will get the "Nuclear bomber" class which is toned down to the "Cruise missile" class about 2 patches after. As per usual.

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
Mastade said:
hæhæ, just shows how them mids and albs are... all cabas, sorcs, bd's, sm's and warlocks..

fotm fcks
Excalibur
Mastade Tiarna Warden
Mastard Brehon Bainshee <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< :m00:

POT , KETTLE , BLACK?

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
(not that it's anything to do with warlocks I agree that ML9 RR5+ sorcs with MoC3 are overpowered, but "ooh they got an overpowered class" isn't an excuse... two wrongs don't make a right.)

QUOTE]

I Think the difference is warlocks dont neeeeed ML's and RR5 or MOC3 .. they can wtf pwn prolly without artifactgs and a bb. hence its stupid to compare a class that needs ml5 and rr5+ and moc3 to be considered op'd where as as seen on various threads of a rr1 pwning many high rr players (one at a time ofc)

p.s i also think the warclosk that exp the slow way and goto bg's wont reach 50 . cos from when ive come across them in bg ,. they dont seem anything special at all., and imo suck in bg , hence epople will think it aint worth it the slog to 50 (non pl'd)

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Laalaa said:
MYthic wanted bigger battles, players dont, check WoWs status whos right on what MAJORITY of players want ,)

Ummm... as of today, WoW doesn't have meaningful PvP.

Gajinn

Fledgling Freddie
[HB]Jpeg said:
Excalibur
Mastade Tiarna Warden

POT , KETTLE , BLACK?

Are Bainshees really fotm?

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
Jaem- said:
From the whines, it sounds like their going to be a nice challenge at least. :)

Whats the best stratagy to take down a warlock? Get in some CC before he/she can react?

Exactly, CC the warcock before he fires his chambers

Lethul

FH is my second home
You cast a demoraliztation spell <--- r0x?
Aeeiza hits you for 857 damage
bla bla
bla bla
bla bla
Type /release

warlocks are fun m8s :eek:

give 1.75 so solo is fun again :(

Rauno

Fledgling Freddie
Calo said:

Warlocks have their downsides also, yes they are OP.
Then again, im pretty sure if hibs had warlocks lorff would have had one etc..
Its just a normal human thing when u can have the best , that u take the best...

btw its just great to take the piss out of hibs & albs :D

who is lorff?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
[HB]Jpeg said:
Excalibur
Mastade Tiarna Warden

POT , KETTLE , BLACK?

please we have covered this...keep up

according to xml

70 bainshes, highest being 246k, couple of others over 100k, nothing special really.
100 (i assume this is the page cap) highest being 550k+ entire top ten have at least 100k

Bainshes arent over powered, hell i would question if they can even fit in a normal group, not many are playing them there for by definition they are not fotm.

:m00:
idiot

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
I wonder how many of you have remade your templates since warlocks entered the scene.

Xandro

Fledgling Freddie
majik said:
ML9 is hard to obtain?

A sorceror can easily kill small groups and definately duo's/solo'ers and finally when Midgard get a class which can do the same we see the entire population of albion on the forum whining about it.

OKAY.

You cant compare sorcerers with Warlocks thats just stupid.. :flame:

majik

Banned
Xandro said:
You cant compare sorcerers with Warlocks thats just stupid.. :flame:

Lets just look at the two classes for a moment.

Warlock - if you survive its chambered spells it is very weak and you almost certainly kill it.

Sorceror - you attack it for 10 damage per hit for 30 seconds with a pet on you hitting for 700 damage.

A sorceror can kill any good tank.
A warlock might be able to kill a good tank, dependant upon ip3 etc.

A sorceror can almost kill any good mage, dependant on ns.
A warlock can almost kill any good mage, dependant on ns, stun.

Comparing them is not ridiculous, however the fact that these two characters were implemented to be so overpowered is ridiculous.

majik

Banned
Flimgoblin said:
Anyway my prediction is that in the next expansion involving classes Midgard will get the "Nuclear bomber" class which is toned down to the "Cruise missile" class about 2 patches after. As per usual.

How the hell can people from albion complain about midgard having overpowered classes, for x amount of patches you've had air theurgs with the highest delve dd in the game that could chain stun you with air pets, you have sorcerors with SoI which is a complete fucking joke. You also have the most efficient self debuffing nuke class in the entire game, a spirit cabby. Also for the people who weren't sitting on this forum whining about warlocks and rolled heretics instead, they will have figured out that they can do 1000 damage at rr2, which if it was a midgard class they'd be screaming for it to be nerfed.

Most of the midgard classes that are overpowered got nerfed so stfu whining mmk?

Puppet

Part of the furniture
majik said:
Warlock - if you survive its chambered spells it is very weak and you almost certainly kill it.

Perhaps some shit Warlock who doesnt know how to fire UnInterruptable Lifetaps; once they learned to hit those 2 buttons in quick succession I dont see how you survive a Warlock; even if u survive the chambered spells.

Be reasonable: Only classes who survive the chambers are tanks. Now you need to kill the Warlock while hes firing 550+ lifetaps on you. Take a guess how to that ends.

Then the warlock does a powerless Mana-regen cast; runs back to the nearest tower and makes the new chambers and the party can begin again.

Lethul

FH is my second home
worst thing is all the "never add on fights" people who have rerolled warlocks and runs around adding on every fight they see. such behavior :(

Blazor Meneth

Fledgling Freddie
Lethul said:
worst thing is all the "never add on fights" people who have rerolled warlocks and runs around adding on every fight they see. such behavior :(

bigsoz, I had to go pve after that as a punishment :rolleyes:

Tilda

majik said:
Also for the people who weren't sitting on this forum whining about warlocks and rolled heretics instead, they will have figured out that they can do 1000 damage at rr2, which if it was a midgard class they'd be screaming for it to be nerfed.

lol 1000 damage at RR2?!
Only if your stupid enough to sit or stand around in range for 20 seconds getting nuked without even thinking to interupt the heretic or run out of range...

My major problem with warlocks is theres nothing you can do to interupt their dammage. Sure you can CC them, but then what? The second you break the mez with lifetaps etc you insta-die.

majik

Banned
Puppet said:
Perhaps some shit Warlock who doesnt know how to fire UnInterruptable Lifetaps; once they learned to hit those 2 buttons in quick succession I dont see how you survive a Warlock; even if u survive the chambered spells.

Be reasonable: Only classes who survive the chambers are tanks. Now you need to kill the Warlock while hes firing 550+ lifetaps on you. Take a guess how to that ends.

Then the warlock does a powerless Mana-regen cast; runs back to the nearest tower and makes the new chambers and the party can begin again.

I am not defending the warlock class, I've played aganst it and it is overpowered. I'm only saying that its god damn hypocritical that some albs are generally qq'ing about mids getting an overpowered caster when theyve had 3 for god knows how long.

majik

Banned
Tilda said:
lol 1000 damage at RR2?!
Only if your stupid enough to sit or stand around in range for 20 seconds getting nuked without even thinking to interupt the heretic or run out of range...

My major problem with warlocks is theres nothing you can do to interupt their dammage. Sure you can CC them, but then what? The second you break the mez with lifetaps etc you insta-die.

Please grow a few brain cells.

Where do warlocks fight? Bridges
Where do heretics fight? Bridges

You actually think its that uncommon for an enemy to be cc'd long enough for a heretic to get good damage off at a bridge? If you do you need an IQ transplant.

Tilda

majik said:
Please grow a few brain cells.

Where do warlocks fight? Bridges
Where do heretics fight? Bridges

You actually think its that uncommon for an enemy to be cc'd long enough for a heretic to get good damage off at a bridge? If you do you need an IQ transplant.
I'd suggest the same back for you.

Bridges have 1001 things that can break los.

Heretics need los for spells to fire each tick.
Whereas a warlock can fire off enough damage to kill someone inside 4 seconds, a heretic needs time to crank up the damage.
Ok so a heretic is duoing with a mincer, the mincer stuns you and the heretic starts nuking. You can either run and hit the heretic which interupts and thus he has to start damage from the start(low damage) again. Or you could use the bridge, and run out of LoS, jump off under water etc etc.
The only possible way you could be CCed long enough for a heretic to start hitting the 1000's is if you're being chain grappled.
CC breaks with damage, so the second the heretic starts hitting you for gimp damage you have time to run away, go hit him etc etc all of which stops him getting anywhere near the high numbers you talk about.
tbh, bridges are the worst place for heretics to fight as there are so many places a player can go to break los.
If I played a heretic i'd roam in open field, then any enemy has no way to break my los, so they can either come hit me or run out of range. 1 less way to stop my damage.
I'd suggest if you had a clue about how a heretic works, and what they need to be able to do that sort of damage, you wouldnt have said that they fight at bridges.
A heretic who thinks he can acchieve the best use of his class by fighting at bridges is a heretic who needs to seriously think about tactics.

The problem with warlocks isnt that they have uber powerful dots/DDs etc, its that they can do it instantly. Sorcs, theurgs, heretics, cabalists, all need to be free of interupts to cast, they also need los. If, and only if they get these two, can they deal some damage. But not uninteruptable (omg wtf can I do) damage, but normal damage that is easily interupted by an item charge, pretty much any spell, melee attacks etc etc.
Whereas when you meet a warlock, there is nothing you can do. Sure CC him, but once you break that CC you're pretty much insta-dead.

The prime difference between the "examples" you're citing, and a warlock is that warlocks can't be interupted, the rest can. For that reason and that reason alone they are overpowered.

Dawn

Fledgling Freddie
majii how can you ever possibly compare instakill to sorcerer, aimstar who is the only so far fully toaed and strong warlock instakilled me + xandro before i could mezz or xandro could cast a bolt, you see anything like close to balance there?

about sorc solo ok its very strong but you cant just kill a trio of non-random players. adding to that that baseline stun is like fucking overpowered and you cant deal with it w/o purge and moc up, ns as you said too, skalds and sojuners in general own you with fz, thanes same thing and classes with insta dds in general. Lighttanks with charge and mls own you as well, and lets avoid talking about bonedancers.

ofcourse i have soloed groups of 6 people from time to time ive killed 3 people off a fg, ive killed skalds and bd's with mls and ras down, but im talking about people who know what to do and not randomguys 3k5 here.

so wtf are you talking about? how the fuck can you survive the chambers, and that mocshit he has?

majik

Banned
Tilda said:
I'd suggest the same back for you.

Bridges have 1001 things that can break los.

Heretics need los for spells to fire each tick.
Whereas a warlock can fire off enough damage to kill someone inside 4 seconds, a heretic needs time to crank up the damage.
Ok so a heretic is duoing with a mincer, the mincer stuns you and the heretic starts nuking. You can either run and hit the heretic which interupts and thus he has to start damage from the start(low damage) again. Or you could use the bridge, and run out of LoS, jump off under water etc etc.
The only possible way you could be CCed long enough for a heretic to start hitting the 1000's is if you're being chain grappled.
CC breaks with damage, so the second the heretic starts hitting you for gimp damage you have time to run away, go hit him etc etc all of which stops him getting anywhere near the high numbers you talk about.
tbh, bridges are the worst place for heretics to fight as there are so many places a player can go to break los.
If I played a heretic i'd roam in open field, then any enemy has no way to break my los, so they can either come hit me or run out of range. 1 less way to stop my damage.
I'd suggest if you had a clue about how a heretic works, and what they need to be able to do that sort of damage, you wouldnt have said that they fight at bridges.
A heretic who thinks he can acchieve the best use of his class by fighting at bridges is a heretic who needs to seriously think about tactics.

The problem with warlocks isnt that they have uber powerful dots/DDs etc, its that they can do it instantly. Sorcs, theurgs, heretics, cabalists, all need to be free of interupts to cast, they also need los. If, and only if they get these two, can they deal some damage. But not uninteruptable (omg wtf can I do) damage, but normal damage that is easily interupted by an item charge, pretty much any spell, melee attacks etc etc.
Whereas when you meet a warlock, there is nothing you can do. Sure CC him, but once you break that CC you're pretty much insta-dead.

The prime difference between the "examples" you're citing, and a warlock is that warlocks can't be interupted, the rest can. For that reason and that reason alone they are overpowered.

majik said:
I am not defending the warlock class, I've played aganst it and it is overpowered. I'm only saying that its god damn hypocritical that some albs are generally qq'ing about mids getting an overpowered caster when theyve had 3 for god knows how long.

Did you even read that reply?

I never said that heretics are overpowered, they aren't.

My point with heretics is that all the albs are whining about how mids got a new "uber" class in catacombs. I was stating that albs already have overpowered classes, and if heretics were deemed to be overpowered they wouldnt be whining would they? I'm sure all the sorcerors complained when they got SoI.

majik

Banned
Dawn said:
majii how can you ever possibly compare instakill to sorcerer, aimstar who is the only so far fully toaed and strong warlock instakilled me + xandro before i could mezz or xandro could cast a bolt, you see anything like close to balance there?

Ok aimstar can kill you+xandro. Let me say wow, a runemaster could most likely do the same.

A sorc with moc3, ml9 templar and SoI can solo around 2-3 good tanks, fully toa'd and decent rr's.

Insta kill is overpowered and so is being hit for 10 damage by pure melee classes, so that is why I can compare them, because however much you dislike the fact, sorcerors are overpowered. 1.75 is the patch where Warlocks get nerfed. Where is the patch the sorcerors get nerfed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom