Warlock Love!

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Docs said:
Im not so sure here, I have 51 in body skill and thats when I hit 4-500 dmg.
I am still unconvinced that I get such a high dps compared to spec nukers.
I am nowhere near my my friend who plays a wind theurg when it comes
to nuking power. Remember the capped cast speed on a 2.8 sec spec nuke is
still just 1.12 seconds, that is a 0.12 second difference and seing that the
specnuke with the same temp as mine should cap at about 683 without MoM.
How can the sorc have a higher dps? It doesent add up, then again, I havent
number crunched it and if you can show me the proof I will stand corrected.

well, i have a 2.5s base nuke and 2.8s spec nuke on my eld and the difference in cast speed is very, very noticable. cast speeds are better tested ingame than calculated on paper, the difference on paper might seem small but ingame you can feel the difference instantly

thing is you shouldn't compare a lt with a dd if you look at delves, because the lt dmg bonus doesn't actually raise cap. it just gives a 6% dmg bonus that a dd doesn't have - at faster cast speed. differences are minimal, but they're there

Docs said:
I am really sorry but I dont really see where that faster cast speed is? 0.12 seconds faster per nuke? It will take 10 nukes before I get off
one more nuke on the target compared to a spec nuker.

just try it sometime, and feel the difference

Docs said:
I am not aware of any damage bonus so I cannot reply to that, but
to remove speed on the sorc would leave albion with only one caster with
speed. And the 3.0 second LT? Ill take that as a joke since you cannot
seriously mean that. ;)

hibs only have one caster with speed, as do mids.. your point? dmg output on a sorc is higher then it should be - raising cast speed to 3 sec is not a bad idea imo. most other dual-effect spells have a 3.0s delve, like snarenuke, debuffnuke, etc, why not lifetaps?

Docs said:
I must ask however, why dont anyone complain about cabbies? They have
the same nuke and dish out even more damage. They do lack aoe CC though.
Besides, if you have a look at your example then the SM would beat ALL spec
nukers in DPS since he has a higher delve LT than the sorc/cabby.

thing is that to solo well you either need a) speed, b) cc or c) stealth. a sorc has speed, two long-duration cc's on different timers, speedwarps to avoid groups if paying attention. combined with high damage lifetaps, pet, good ra's, you have a class bordering on being overpowered in the solo scene. you wont hear me say sorcs are OP in 8v8 scene, because they're not. cabalists don't have speed nor longduration mez, so they're not really good soloers - in groups they're just like other debuffnukers. lethal as fuck, but that's how they should be. cabas are an incredibly good class, just like an eld for example.. they're powerful, but not OP.

Docs said:
I dont see the problem actually, ML9 pets are just as CC:able and nukable
as any other pet out there. (I dont notice any particular when I 2-3 shot em anyway)
And my pet constantly gets messed and rooted etc.
However, if you mess my pet and I get a sec over you can bet I will demess
it and then it will be mess immune. Or if someone breaks mess in any other way.

The only CC immune pet afaik is the cabby pet with RR5 ability on it.
Then again, that has nothing to do with ML9.

ml9 pets certainly don't get cc'd as long as other pets, but im usually not the one cc'ing them other than stun (slam/castable) - so i dont know everything about it. also stat debuffs (or bl ml1, which doesnt break mez on players) break mez on pets but not on players which just takes the piss

and yeah the pets can be killed easily by magic, but i never said otherwise. im mainly thinking of heavy tanks here, their job is to play defensively, kill pets, guard/bodyguard - but ml9 pets have such sick absorb they can't be killed by melee unless you have an entire train wasting 20-30 secs on it. shouldn't be like that, imo.

And that finishes another novel, hooray! :D

indeed! :p

Docs

Fledgling Freddie
Septima said:
Midgard only have one caster class with speed : Runemaster..

Your observation is correct, then again you have one class less than the
other realms. And to be honest, a mid groups current utility more then
well makes up for that.

You might be surprised to hear that a minstrel might not always fit in
an alb group and you dont want to know how many groups I have been
in that rely on sorc speed for the group. :(

Edit, just saw your post VF, another novel might be inc. hang tight ;)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
addition to post above:

eld base dd is 2.6, didnt realise, but doesn't change much. also sm lifetap returns 90% hp, which means they get 9% dmg bonus.. in addition with the few points higher delve, they do a lot of damage overtime..

wizard has higher delve than eld nuke, so wiz might still top sm, but if you compare the classes for group utility its obvious that sm is >>>>>> wiz

even tho wiz is a lot more fun to play, boomboom!

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
Docs said:
Your observation is correct, then again you have one class less than the
other realms. And to be honest, a mid groups current utility more then
well makes up for that.

You might be surprised to hear that a minstrel might not always fit in
an alb group and you dont want to know how many groups I have been
in that rely on sorc speed for the group. :(

Edit, just saw your post VF, another novel might be inc. hang tight ;)

Mids grps don't run that much aswell with skald anymore. But i aggree mids grp's have more utility than the other realms grps (mainly alb) but had, until WL's, the worth solo class :)

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
The funny thing is that Sorc LT by itself isn't OP.

It takes a decent template, MoC3, buffs and their rr5 to make it OP (and yes MoC3 + SoI is very OP).

Hib baseline stun is and always has been OPd vs anyone for whom the stun last for more than a few seconds. On OF vs Det classes it was useless, but vs other classes it was a death seantance unless they where healed, or had purge. It should be altered to be a root and all realms should have the delvs on their spells normalized.

Warlocks are about 5x worse than either of those abilities. Despite what some of you might say, it usually takes 3-4 nukes to drop a tank (who doesn't have resist buffs) and in that time frame, it's quite possible to be healed or to interrupt.

Warlocks can't be interrupted.
Warlocks can sometimes insta-kill tanks.

Yes well done mr warlock, you used 4-5 buttons to insta slay something, typically before it had a chance to do anything. And if you don't insta kill something, that's fine - you can't be interrupted and you have LTs!

To kill a warlock I need to have: resist buffs up, the drop on them, and either them rez-sick or IP up, and I have to play 100% perfect.

For them to kill me they can make a number of mistakes, and blam I'm dead.

Yes that's so fun.

Docs

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
well, i have a 2.5s base nuke and 2.8s spec nuke on my eld and the difference in cast speed is very, very noticable. cast speeds are better tested ingame than calculated on paper, the difference on paper might seem small but ingame you can feel the difference instantly

thing is you shouldn't compare a lt with a dd if you look at delves, because the lt dmg bonus doesn't actually raise cap. it just gives a 6% dmg bonus that a dd doesn't have - at faster cast speed. differences are minimal, but they're there

just try it sometime, and feel the difference

I got a lvl 35 spec nuke as well, Ill give it a try. Its interesting to note that
I get tons of resists on the basenuke compared to the specnuke.
(especially on higher lvl mobs and guards)

Vodkafairy said:
hibs only have one caster with speed, as do mids.. your point? dmg output on a sorc is higher then it should be - raising cast speed to 3 sec is not a bad idea imo. most other dual-effect spells have a 3.0s delve, like snarenuke, debuffnuke, etc, why not lifetaps?

I think the SOI+MOC nerf is bad enough on the sorc in 8v8 and I
really think that raising the cast speed on the sorcs LT would
lower the efficency even more for alb in 8v8 where you in certain situations
have to assist on a target. If the sorcerer is going to get a nerf then I think
it should be given something in return for moving towards a pure CC class.
Bodyguard? Well, Im usually dead by the time the damn thing kicks in.

Regarding speed, check post above. imo they should have made the minstrel
the main CC class in alb.

Looking at things now I feel wery weak compared to the hibs insta amnesia
for example, not to mention the mid healer and all the BL interrupts.
And I often find it hard to lock down enemy groups even if I
manage to get away from everyone else and hide in a tree etc.
Bolt range mess wont help at all when you have to MOC to interrupt.

On that note, I tried my amnesia the other day since I have suspected that
it did not work properly. I tried i in a duel and the one I cast it on does
not lose target like it says it should on the character builder.
Is it a possible bug or did I miss a patch note?

Im moving from the point here and since I play the class I must admit I
am biased, therefore if you ask me I will tell you I do not think I have to high
of a dmg output. ;)

Vodkafairy said:
thing is that to solo well you either need a) speed, b) cc or c) stealth. a sorc has speed, two long-duration cc's on different timers, speedwarps to avoid groups if paying attention. combined with high damage lifetaps, pet, good ra's, you have a class bordering on being overpowered in the solo scene. you wont hear me say sorcs are OP in 8v8 scene, because they're not. cabalists don't have speed nor longduration mez, so they're not really good soloers - in groups they're just like other debuffnukers. lethal as fuck, but that's how they should be. cabas are an incredibly good class, just like an eld for example.. they're powerful, but not OP.
I got nothing to add there, you already said it all.

Vodkafairy said:
ml9 pets certainly don't get cc'd as long as other pets, but im usually not the one cc'ing them other than stun (slam/castable) - so i dont know everything about it. also stat debuffs (or bl ml1, which doesnt break mez on players) break mez on pets but not on players which just takes the piss

and yeah the pets can be killed easily by magic, but i never said otherwise. im mainly thinking of heavy tanks here, their job is to play defensively, kill pets, guard/bodyguard - but ml9 pets have such sick absorb they can't be killed by melee unless you have an entire train wasting 20-30 secs on it. shouldn't be like that, imo.

I have to add two things here, ALL stat debuffs should break mess, if not
then it is a bug imo. All my debuffs break mess.

Regarding the ML9 pets absorb, what you are talking about is most
certainly a fully BB buffed pet. I bring em if I can, but having BB buffs on
a ML9 pet is quite unusual if you ask me. They hit hard but I must say that I
rarely consider them a problem in FG fights. Besides they are available to all
realms so its not something that should be removed.

But then again, I am biased here since It is one of the best weapons on
my class and getting a ML9 pet on the right guy in a fight can win it for you.

Docs

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
addition to post above:

eld base dd is 2.6, didnt realise, but doesn't change much. also sm lifetap returns 90% hp, which means they get 9% dmg bonus.. in addition with the few points higher delve, they do a lot of damage overtime..

wizard has higher delve than eld nuke, so wiz might still top sm, but if you compare the classes for group utility its obvious that sm is >>>>>> wiz

even tho wiz is a lot more fun to play, boomboom!

Can only agree, its easy to assist on a wizard, you dont even need a macro.
That said, I have finished eating and I need to get ingame.

Ohh, and next time I am roleplaying with my dead BB after you killed it,
wait with jumping me untill Im done mourning its death and all my emotes
are done.

It happened when I was messing about outside bolg a few weeks ago.
I jumped off the keep wall to play with his corpse when you jumped me
and killed me as I was just sitting there crying at him with almost no hp :D

And Mirt, just saw your post and I got to agree, thats the way I see it as
well, imo, its the MOC + LT that is OP.

Red HATred

Fledgling Freddie
personally i don't think the WL should be changed a lot....

it would just drain that realm way to fast..

the ONLY way they can keep ppl interested in THOSE realms is by giving them something that is just totally "out of shape"

i look at it in two ways:

1) since they are just the main reason why the "real" challenge for a realm rank or rp's has gone down the drain, turning it into nothing more then a set of numbers, they could be a reason why the realm RVR "could" return, the spirited one.
To conclude , Realm ranks don't mean shit anymore so they are USELESS to congratulate ppl with... if it is a member of the warlock realm... they leech upon him, so all the members of that realm are just as useless as the WL themselves. If you can get to rr7+ in under less then two months it deffo means something imo.

2) on the other hand, beeing totally unbalanced when it comes to a fresh one on one, can inspire the hatred Vs other realms and give them a reason to just empty their(realm) power relic storage, lock em out of all the possible activeties , by avoiding confrontation with them.
Warlock pops... 50 bolts /arrows/ lifetaps on their arse, kill them, then /sit to let the dead warlock's group get some rp's for free :)

They are pretty easy to spot...

With those 3 UFO's circling around their yet-to-be-filled skulls you can spot them from a mile away. archery, bolts are well out of rang to get em down as first, once a WL has died.. it has become useless... you see the WL get ressed... swap target..; splut.. dead again.. again...etc..

give warlocks the , what i call: " Avalonian Blues" for a change

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
Red HATred said:
If you can get to rr7+ in under less then two months it deffo means something imo.

LW rps mean very little, sure warlocks are good in siege, but you could get rr7 with any class in this game within 2months.

Rushie

Fledgling Freddie
Docs said:

amnesia cancels the cast, but it doesnt interrupt so u can cast again right after its cancelled previous cast, used to be great on pb boxes as u could spamn ae amnesia on them as they stood there trying to moc pb and let ur mercs get stuck in, without taking any dmg at all.

Docs said:
I have to add two things here, ALL stat debuffs should break mess, if not
then it is a bug imo. All my debuffs break mess.

stat debuffs dont break cc on players, but they do on pve mobs/player pets

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
So much to reply to other posts after a day at work. But really cant be bothered, if you really dont like seeing me/other warlocks in rvr then tough. I could say the same about many other classes whether they get interupted or not is of no concern to me, if im fully loaded and got full pow bar then someone is gonna die, the same as when i see 2fg's of hibs/albs hiding in trees or the constant stealthzerg around crim T3 im surely dead.

Its a game have fun and dont take it too seriuosly, becuase if you can get this irate over warlocks, wait till there are horses in rvr and we dont have to run with tank speed or on crappy hastener.

And please dont kill the Recordingrvr little blue kobold in emain, hes taking some nice films out there :)

Red HATred

Fledgling Freddie
rvn said:
LW rps mean very little, sure warlocks are good in siege, but you could get rr7 with any class in this game within 2months.

most of the group running nowedays have a WL or even two in them, nothing we can say about it... they are the main reason why they (in general) are easy rp realms.

I haven't seen any realm-earnings over a months time period... but my guess is that they beat all other realms...; character growth rate in those realm has augmented extremely, and that counts for ALL their classes

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
Docs said:
I think the SOI+MOC nerf is bad enough on the sorc in 8v8 and I
really think that raising the cast speed on the sorcs LT would
lower the efficency even more for alb in 8v8 where you in certain situations
have to assist on a target. If the sorcerer is going to get a nerf then I think
it should be given something in return for moving towards a pure CC class.
Bodyguard? Well, Im usually dead by the time the damn thing kicks in.

After you posted this I went and tried the AE Amnesia spell with my buffbot. I targetted each char and and kept my finger on AE Amnesia on the Sorcerer and then tried to cast smite on the Cleric. The Cleric never lost target of my Sorcerer but it never actually casted a smite spell either. So the description is slightly wrong.

I would have been happy to see a damage reduction component put into SOI. Say you lose 50% to all damage spells. This in an instant would have stopped SOI+MOC being used to kill too many targets but would still have allowed Sorcerers the ability to use SOI+MOC to cast crowd control spells which I don't think would have been too over powering.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
if im fully loaded and got full pow bar then someone is gonna die, the same as when i see 2fg's of hibs/albs hiding in trees or the constant stealthzerg around crim T3 im surely dead.

"the same"

When your up against that sort of warlock logic you know its a loosing battle. You dont think that as your one player and they are like 14 that there should be some sort of natural advantage to them.... And that natural advantage or odds (14:1) should not be transferred to the 1v1 scenario, like it could just make it a bit unfair... :)

Its actually an accurate analogy but you wont conceed how fooked up this is because your obsessed with milking it to its full extent. Thats why people dismiss the warlock class for newbs.

anyway the warlocks will continue with their leetness.. and like hiz said a few pages up when it gets nerfed he will move on... Just about sums it up :(

Heheyougotboned

Fledgling Freddie
I would have been happy to see a damage reduction component put into SOI. Say you lose 50% to all damage spells. This in an instant would have stopped SOI+MOC being used to kill too many targets but would still have allowed Sorcerers the ability to use SOI+MOC to cast crowd control spells which I don't think would have been too over powering.[/QUOTE]

A nerf is inc to SOI, that you cant use MOC while SOI is in effect so relax ok.

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
.. and like hiz said a few pages up when it gets nerfed he will move on... Just about sums it up :(
Hmm, I’m still going to play my WL after the nerf. I didn't mean that I would stop playing my WL when the nerf hits us. Imo it’s not that big a nerf.

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Mas said:
So much to reply to other posts after a day at work. But really cant be bothered, if you really dont like seeing me/other warlocks in rvr then tough. I could say the same about many other classes whether they get interupted or not is of no concern to me, if im fully loaded and got full pow bar then someone is gonna die, the same as when i see 2fg's of hibs/albs hiding in trees or the constant stealthzerg around crim T3 im surely dead.

Its a game have fun and dont take it too seriuosly, becuase if you can get this irate over warlocks, wait till there are horses in rvr and we dont have to run with tank speed or on crappy hastener.

And please dont kill the Recordingrvr little blue kobold in emain, hes taking some nice films out there :)

Retard alert bells just sounded so loudly, I could hear them in the Netherlands :( The logic is just baffling, and the really scary thing is you actually think it all makes sense :(
You actually get close to talking sensibly, when you mention the game is supposed to be fun, but then you forget that having a chance is the fun part in the game, while you think that winning 100% 1 vs 1 is the fun part... Or that killing atleast someone each run is the fun part.
Regards, Glottis

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Glottis said:
Retard alert bells just sounded so loudly, I could hear them in the Netherlands :( The logic is just baffling, and the really scary thing is you actually think it all makes sense :(
You actually get close to talking sensibly, when you mention the game is supposed to be fun, but then you forget that having a chance is the fun part in the game, while you think that winning 100% 1 vs 1 is the fun part... Or that killing atleast someone each run is the fun part.
Regards, Glottis

Yes running from mtk to mmg solo in OF with my warrior with 99% chance of getting ganked by stealthers, or fg's was great fun. My warlock does take a chance im not indestructable, i die plenty, my rm knows all about how dangerous it is to run solo anywhere, but yet again people talk about 1 vs 1 and some chars are strong 1 vs 1.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
anywhere, but yet again people talk about 1 vs 1 and some chars are strong 1 vs 1.

And some chars (warlock) are COMPLETELY FUCKING UNBALANCED 1v1 or 1v8

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Mirt said:
And some chars (warlock) are COMPLETELY FUCKING UNBALANCED 1v1 or 1v8

KK show me the vid/screens where a warlock wipes a fg, cause your talking out of your ass. no chance of killing anyone from a fg due to mezz, stun, ml's, pets, DI etc etc. But i can post vids of sorcs wiping FG's. So please dont come with wide ranging statements when you obviously dont have a clue what your talking about. lol 1v8 :wanker:

Akyma

Fledgling Freddie
Mas said:
KK show me the vid/screens where a warlock wipes a fg, cause your talking out of your ass. no chance of killing anyone from a fg due to mezz, stun, ml's, pets, DI etc etc. But i can post vids of sorcs wiping FG's. So please dont come with wide ranging statements when you obviously dont have a clue what your talking about. lol 1v8 :wanker:
try respec 50 hex, do MLs (BL ofc) and try now

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Akyma said:
try respec 50 hex, do MLs (BL ofc) and try now

I mainly solo though so the thought of losing a bolt chamber and 6 ui casts prevents me from doing so, but i do need to start ML's

Sauruman

Loyal Freddie
Mas said:

Thats coz they polly rr1 fg's or rn't very smart, and don't have purge.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Mas said:
Yes running from mtk to mmg solo in OF with my warrior with 99% chance of getting ganked by stealthers, or fg's was great fun. My warlock does take a chance im not indestructable, i die plenty, my rm knows all about how dangerous it is to run solo anywhere, but yet again people talk about 1 vs 1 and some chars are strong 1 vs 1.

if it was only the one stealther you should win with a warrior... I have a seriously gimped spec armsman and I can still kill stealthers 4 RR above me...

I don't get a guaranteed kill everytime I leave sauvage though :p

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Tiztla said:
only prob i have with warlocks is the dam dots , nerf the dot and i will never loose to em with my sorc :)

Aye, or at least give caby dot same dmg! Make the matter line sweet :)

Docs

Fledgling Freddie
Rushie said:
stat debuffs dont break cc on players, but they do on pve mobs/player pets

You are the second person to say that, Ill just have to get ingame and show
you a screenie then.

I am 100% certain that my dex, str, str/con and dex/qui debuffs break mess.

Ill get the screens in a duel today or tomorrow.

Akyma

Fledgling Freddie
Docs said:
you a screenie then.

dont know u debuffs, but my BG SM AE s/c and d/q only breack mezz on pets.

Rushie

Fledgling Freddie
Docs said:
you a screenie then.

Trust me, they dont break mezz on players in rvr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom