Warlock Love!

censi

Can't get enough of FH
General post about warlocks.

going on the assumption that they are not overpowered, but accepting the statement that they have the ability to insta kill players.

Is being insta killed a good thing for daoc in general? Are the players being insta killed gonna feel they had a fair crack of the whip and are the ones doing the insta killing gonna enjoy it? Or will they enjoy it so much playing anything else after a warlock just wont cut it?

Should warlocks be removed from the game on this basis alone? Or should the chamber concept be totally reworked. Having a choice of chamberable CC would be nice and move the damage output to something more consistent and slower like normal caster (not that they struggle dishing damage) Is this awsome frontload capability the warlock has just too much?

Tilda

The idea of adding spread heal, bof, baod, DI etc was to reduce the damage taken and thus increase the length of fights.
The class goes contrary to this and thus should be fixed.
Perhaps increase gap between chambers to 3 seconds?

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
The whole concept of the warlock is flawed.

All the benefits of a caster (in terms of damage) but almost none of the drawbacks (interrupts). Only balancing thing in 8v8 is that they go OOP very fast, still there is powerless primers - something that no other caster has (Imo they should be able to do something when oop - so maybe that's a step in the right direction).

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Tilda said:
The idea of adding spread heal, bof, baod, DI etc was to reduce the damage taken and thus increase the length of fights.
The class goes contrary to this and thus should be fixed.
Perhaps increase gap between chambers to 3 seconds?

Thats fine if they give more sustained damage or reduce power costs to uniteruptable casts. Warlocks can insta kill most chars who are solo or duo. But try and hit a GL whilst you get NS, stunned, mezzed, debuffed, grappled etc etc.

Id trade all my chambers for more sustained damage or maybe some petspam, its a pain in the arse to reload them after each fight when youve emptied yourself on a heavy tank because you have no crowd control apart from a poor snare.

To say midgard is lacking in a charm or petspam char im somewhat bemused why they created the warlock when 99% of midgard would have preferred the above.

As for insta killing, it happens all over, warlocks can do it perhaps 1 second faster than a sorc, my warrior cant even get into throw weapon range before he eats dirt.

But i think what pisses most people off is the isnta chambers, if they were loaded with aoe mezz, would be damn nice. but then what do you give a class that is made for frontload damage, the char would have to be reworked totally, reducing their chambers to 3 sec is another major nerf which is unacceptable without giving something in return.

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Rework entire spell system for WL and give em petspam..sorting 2 huge problems atm :p

/Dracus

Mas said:
As for insta killing, it happens all over, warlocks can do it perhaps 1 second faster than a sorc, my warrior cant even get into throw weapon range before he eats dirt.

haha cos sorc baseline lifetap is op! :mad:

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Samaroon EatsCheese said:
haha cos sorc baseline lifetap is op! :mad:

Putting the LT into a specline (which doesent contain mezz) would be more in line with other realms casters.

so wow they can get green mezz at best, or none at all :| still dont kill anywhere near as quick as warlocks

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
so wow they can get green mezz at best, or none at all :| still dont kill anywhere near as quick as warlocks

It makes them choose, same with warlocks we can go high hex and have dmg spells and spreadheal and pow regen, or can go high witchcraft and get more chambers and faster powerless and longer range buff.

Most sorcs i come accross hit me for 700+ per hit (albeit crits no doubt) 4 of them at 1sec cast speed is a pretty quick death for my warrior (wit body resist capped). Placing LT in the baseline increases cast time as opposed to specline, and with toa bonuses and so many + to items makes the baseline hurt. Hardly ever see sorcs use spec nukes always mezz debuff LT LT LT LT LT. Not to mention speed and Charm ability ;)

Anyhow back to the point.............

Mas said:
It makes them choose, same with warlocks we can go high hex and have dmg spells and spreadheal and pow regen, or can go high witchcraft and get more chambers and faster powerless and longer range buff.

Most sorcs i come accross hit me for 700+ per hit (albeit crits no doubt) 4 of them at 1sec cast speed is a pretty quick death for my warrior (wit body resist capped). Placing LT in the baseline increases cast time as opposed to specline, and with toa bonuses and so many + to items makes the baseline hurt. Hardly ever see sorcs use spec nukes always mezz debuff LT LT LT LT LT. Not to mention speed and Charm ability ;)

Anyhow back to the point.............

well never seen a sorc lifetap for more than 500 but ill take ya word for it ;p

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Only ever played mid so want to stay there so that rules out a theurg, i have a SM just cant be bothered to TOA and ML a 5th char. And my RM heh unplayable solo really, and besides palying warlock no matter what people say isnt a 1 button class and is fun to play too.

Example, My RM runs down crim bowl to get to T3, stealther pops and misses PA, garotte style used, i /face and QC root - scenario 1 it resists - scenario 2 stealther purges root, either way if i encounter a solo melee char im dead, /rel back to svasud rebuff and repeat. Now with my warlock i stand a chance with the stealther, unless PS and FZ is used then its iffy but then i havent done any ml's yet so that dont help.

We will see when the cluster arrives what happens to mid groups, cause the only groups to run now are fotm ones or GG's most are solo sm's warlocks' hunters etc. Would like to play my rm or warrior more but lack of groups makes soloing with a warrior very unpleasent.

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved

Gogol is name that spring to mind that ive encountered, although Gogol was in OF. (is he still around by the way) not sen him in a while.

When sorcs debuff they hurt.

Mas said:
Gogol is name that spring to mind that ive encountered, although Gogol was in OF. (is he still around by the way) not sen him in a while.

When sorcs debuff they hurt.

afaik sorcs cant debuff for their lifetap damage, only cabbys can do it :]

Duzic

Fledgling Freddie
Mas said:
Only ever played mid so want to stay there so that rules out a theurg, i have a SM just cant be bothered to TOA and ML a 5th char. And my RM heh unplayable solo really, and besides palying warlock no matter what people say isnt a 1 button class and is fun to play too.

Example, My RM runs down crim bowl to get to T3, stealther pops and misses PA, garotte style used, i /face and QC root - scenario 1 it resists - scenario 2 stealther purges root, either way if i encounter a solo melee char im dead, /rel back to svasud rebuff and repeat. Now with my warlock i stand a chance with the stealther, unless PS and FZ is used then its iffy but then i havent done any ml's yet so that dont help.

so basically u have the same problems that most casters have but instead of finding ways of beating people with a proper chr u roll a fotm stupidly OP one? :p and if u played mid for so long dont u fancy a change and roll the pet spamming class u so dream of? Variety being the spice of life and all that. sounds 2 me that u obviously wouldnt swap ur insta killing OP chambers for pet spam or sustained dps at all

Tiztla

Fledgling Freddie
only prob i have with warlocks is the dam dots , nerf the dot and i will never loose to em with my sorc :)

tookha

Fledgling Freddie

Not that I care about the topic or anything, but if my memory serves me correctly, I've gotten hit for close to 800. LT ofc.

Sauruman

Loyal Freddie
Mas said:
reducing their chambers to 3 sec is another major nerf which is unacceptable without giving something in return.

So u think insta killing is acceptable ? And ye warlocks r one button smashers.

Netcode

Can't get enough of FH
play one first and u notice it sure aint 1 button smasher

but i agree they are a pain and yes they are gonna be some nerfed,
thats it

Heheyougotboned

Fledgling Freddie
My thaughts about warlocks

As reply to the threadstarter first:

Is being insta killed a good thing for daoc in general?

No.

Are the players being insta killed gonna feel they had a fair crack of the whip?

Doubtful.

and are the ones doing the insta killing gonna enjoy it?

Guess they will.

Should warlocks be removed from the game on this basis alone?

Will never happen.

-----------------

My thaughts about warlocks is that after NF arrived Mid was the worst realm
of the 3. They had not the range capability to rival albs nor the defensive capabilites that hibs have (shrooms). Mids left the game in droves.

Mythic in their eternal wisdom thaught how to best bring back players to Midgard. Give them a ridiculously OP char that even a retard can win with.
Ok, thats been done.

But what mythic should have been thinking about is the long term effect this
have on the game. Many players maybe quit the game cause of feeling that the time invested in their chars (non-warlocks players) was wasted.

Or planting a negavite feeling towards the game in people who get instakilled by warlocks.

I have a BD myself and it doesnt insta kill somthing (4 sec lifetap) and Im a defender of mids, but this warlock thing is more destroying to the small scale rvr than anything before.

Cant understand how mythic after 3 years could have made such a imo blunder.

One example how even larger scale rvr is negatively effected by warlocks:

Was playing alb/excal the other day, had good zerg fights, 8vs8 fights and even solo/dou fights. Was fun for all pepole involved. All could have some piece of the action in any way they wanted.

Then a couple of warlocks arrived and started to camp one of the bridges going from Beno. The fluid rvrscene changed. Albs didnt dare leave Beno and people went elsewhere, went to pve or loggged. The fun was over !

Good job Mythic !

This is another good example that Mythic are so far removed from the players, and what the players want that the new things mythic gives us (warlocks) are more damaging to the game than enriching it.

Anyway, I know that me writing this will not change a shiit, just wanted to
went my feelings.

And all the best to mids too, I dont blame you, I blame the retards who run this show.

Sauruman

Loyal Freddie
Netcode said:
play one first and u notice it sure aint 1 button smasher

but i agree they are a pain and yes they are gonna be some nerfed,
thats it

Its a figure of speech, to say they don't need mutch skills to kill anything.

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
ofc its op...
ofc ppl might find it fun to play..
will it ever be removed ofc not..
Hopefully its solo "insta" killing abilitys will get nerfed more so that they can't solo as good.
Anyways it might be a good group rvr char or is with the right played behind it
with nearsight and spreadheal and good damg and pbae + high range on singel nukes.
Only thing that might be bad in fg pvp is you can't reload the chambers i guess.

Brite

Banned
ive played a 50 partly toaed ml3 warlock, and deleted it after only rved with for for 2 days

its the most boreing class to play in the whole game, wheres the fun in insta killing somthing that has no chance to even damage you in the slightest, there is no fun in it, and anyone who plays it and finds it fun has an IQ of a brick

Mas said:
To say midgard is lacking in a charm or petspam char im somewhat bemused why they created the warlock when 99% of midgard would have preferred the above.
Hunters can charm animals :<

Kanim

Banned
Duzic said:
so basically u have the same problems that most casters have but instead of finding ways of beating people with a proper chr u roll a fotm stupidly OP one? :p

sums it up nicely :)

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Just you wait, Namefake will pop in here any moment (seeing Mas is already here).

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Mas said:
Thats fine if they give more sustained damage or reduce power costs to uniteruptable casts. Warlocks can insta kill most chars who are solo or duo. But try and hit a GL whilst you get NS, stunned, mezzed, debuffed, grappled etc etc.

Id trade all my chambers for more sustained damage or maybe some petspam, its a pain in the arse to reload them after each fight when youve emptied yourself on a heavy tank because you have no crowd control apart from a poor snare.

But i think what pisses most people off is the isnta chambers, if they were loaded with aoe mezz, would be damn nice. but then what do you give a class that is made for frontload damage, the char would have to be reworked totally, reducing their chambers to 3 sec is another major nerf which is unacceptable without giving something in return.

Ahahaha yeah, give speed mess and pets to warlocks! They are not OP atm!!

:clap: :clap:

Tbh making 3 sec between each champer would make squat difference, as they will still get them off.. No they simply need to nerf this class so much that people wont like playing them anymore. Having 50% of a realm on this OP class, running around like wankers isnt healthy for the game. And eventually it will kill it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom