Warden spec ?

N

n00b 79

Hi guys, anyone know a good template for a battle warden ?

O

old.Thanatlos

47 nurt (2 last buffs not that essential)
12 reg (first style end usage reduction buff (20%))
39 or 44 weaponspec
21 or 7 parry

Something like that would be my choice oooor another alternative:
38 nurture (2nd last everything)
12 reg
50 blunt (parry reactive 10s stun)
15 parry (with a lot of mop and items you can get quite nice parry)

Both specs aren't too group friendly, because you either get CCed a lot (no pbt then) and you have no option of emergency heals really (unless a lucky 200 hp baseline heal is what you call a heal)

H

hiban

49 nurt 33 regrowth 21 weap 20 parry

thats the only spec there is imo

O

old.Laryssa

49 nurt
42 rgr
6 blunt
6 blade
10 parry

V

Vantros

not everyone wants to play a warden as a healer... my wardens spaec is -

49 - nurt
20 - reg
39 - blunt
4 - parry

I

i-scream

Originally posted by hiban
49 nurt 33 regrowth 21 weap 20 parry

thats the only spec there is imo
I have the same.

K

krow

49 nurture - best resists and bubble
39 blades/blunt - usable styles, okayish damage
16 regrowth - better rez, handy in rvr
12 parry - leftovers

M

Marwolaeth

Nurture 45
Regrowth 16
Blunts 32
Parry 32

Used to enjoy that spec but since switched for more regrowth and less parry.

Went
Nurture 45
Regrowth 35?
blunts 32
parry 7

Parry alot less and take more dmg....pity really, considering trying to get my hands upon a respec stone and staying at 16 regrowth, higher blunts and abit more parry....although have you seen how quick a warden hits with haste buff and crescent sword? Personally I wish I'd gone blades....

O

old.Glendower

best warden template is /DELETE thanks to the shiit job Mythic did with them and thier obvious favoritism to other classes/realms.

They are a crap, RP cow class.

That said, if you are determined, dont listen to any of these gobs that say to raise Nurt above 38.

Reason is that 6 sec PBT makes NO difference in combat, particularly now that the solid bubble stacks with pulsing, and you will find it consumes grossly more power, thus leaving you manaless. Also, high parry is MUCH better than the pbt! I have 28 base parry, and now mastery of parry3. I can and do stomp the piss out of all 49 nurt wardens out there hands down, and can toe to toe surprisingly well against any class. This tends to allow you to live longer and you can twist damage add and pbt to assist your grpmates.

The resists are BS too...do you really think that when you are getting nuked every 1.5 sec for over 400 a pop, that 8% less damage is going to mean jack shiit?? Trust me, it dont, so put your points elsewhere as the 16% are just dandy.

The best haste is 38%, while the second best is 34%...this translates to about a .1 sec diff in swing speed on average, and generally less.

The damage add is now teh crap thanks to the nerf to those things a few patches back, so again second best is 12-20 points a swing while hasted.

I did recently drop my weapon from 44 to 40, but since I am RR6, it didnt cost me too much in WS or damage variance. This allowed me to bring reg to 22, which gives me a reliable class heal of 265-315 points on a 2.8 sec base casting time, while also providing the 25% end usage reduction buff. I would keep weapon at 44 untill you are up in RR levels, because when you go after that caster/healer (and that is what you need to do as a "battle warden"), you sure as HELL dont want to be standing there wiffling at him.

Before, at 18 reg, I was getting crap heals for 191-305. I would never go less than 16 reg due to the better res (and this gives 75 max RP each time you res someone). At 16 reg, you can get your parry up too...very crucial as the 39 off parry style is a 30% attack speed reduction on your opponent witha nice add, and you can usually get 2 of em off each time while hasted ;b

If anyone doubts any of this, by all means go read the warden TL /naturalist boards...lots of tests there.

Or you can PM me in-game and duel me. ;)

T

Thorinn

49 Nurt
33 Reg
25 Blades
14 Parry

Works well for me ;)

R

Rubric

If you want to hurt people dont go for a warden.

M

mastade

quote from Mythic's user manual

Warden

Wardens come from the Way of Nature and are formidable fighters

but ok.. you know what they say, mythic knows shit.. i.e.
Nightshade

A strong spell caster who follows the Way of Stealth

lesson of today?, don't make battle wardens ~_~

O

old.Isos

hmmmm.... im thinking off a full stealth minstrel...;) ;)

hehe im 49 nurt, 42 reg with my warden and when I was like lv 47 or something I hit a caster for 250 damage something. Highest hit Ive ever made. usually hits for somehting about 50

E

Ensceptifica

First, I tried

49 nurture
33 reg
21 weap
rest parry

but the weapon spec might just as well be 0 then, because you don't do any damage at all as a warden if you take it below 34.

Then I tried

49 nurture
20 reg
39 blades
rest parry

But the 20 reg is equal to 16 reg, and since you'll be using baselines then, you better put the points in parry.

Then I tried

49 nurture
42 regrowth
18 blades
rest parry

Which was crap. You can't tank at all, solo you can hold out a bit thanks to pbt and parry, but that's about it. You will not kill anyone, and since SC and /assist groups, people will prefer a GP / spread heal druid over a resists/pbt healer.

My longest lasting spec is

49 nurt
16 reg
39 blade
12 parry

Which is great, but as a healer I cannot keep up.

Now I'm switching to

45 nurt
33 reg
34 blade
8 parry

to be the hybrid the warden was intended to be, sacrificing just a few resists and parry.

I advise to take MoParry to at least 2, preferrably higher if you drop parry.

While it is true that wardens who sacrifice regrowth and/or nurture for parry will beat healer/6pbt wardens, the gain is only noticable in 1-1 really... and imho playing a warden as a solo class will get you very disappointed very quickly, regardless of how you spec it.

O

old.Glendower

If you guys posting all the healer specs took a moment to read the initial post, you would note he asked for BATTLE warden specs :rolleyes:

A

Amadon

Originally posted by old.Glendower
If you guys posting all the healer specs took a moment to read the initial post, you would note he asked for BATTLE warden specs :rolleyes:
and if he's asking for advice, which asking for a spec is doing, it would be irresponsible not to point out the fallacy in imagining that a battle warden is desireable or effective in high level group rvr, which is what the general point of those describing healer specs is aiming at.

K

krow

No insta-heals, no cure poison/disease in our regrowth line and the constant mana drain when running pbt - really makes for a great healer... not.
Spec to suit your playstyle and ignore people who say you MUST be a healer. The wardens strength is its versatility, be versatile :)

E

Ensceptifica

I have 6 sec pbt, 39 blades, and 12 parry atm. I am RR7 and I have a SC set with +5 parry, and I get +12 parry from MoParry 2. My duels with 8 sec pbt / 39+ blunt / high parry wardens are about evenly matched if I use the slowest sword available (Bastard sword, witch isn't even 16.5 dps and only 99% qua) and my opponents use a slightly faster sword. I lose vs anyone with a fast weapon; I marginally lose vs a warden with high parry/8 sec pbt/ a fast weapon (because warden damage output is so low then, and the haste doesn't help to compensate). I beat anyone who has a slow weapon really, champs being the hardest as they have offensive magic as well. Ofcourse some pure tanks have the advantage of being able to stun/slam, but pbt and parry help there.

In short: a battle warden will be more useful overall if he keeps nurture to at least 45, in my opinion. The MoParry RA makes up for the points you lose in parry.

E

elerand

Happy healing for 596 with 42 reg, never attack much more than support anyway and even with 6 blades I haven't lost out as much as I thought, 100 ws going from blades 25 to 6.

Might make a difference vs tanks but against support I think it's adequete for the job I like to do, any time I heal I tend to get ganked anyway so would rather get a few decent heals off before I sprint around :D

Users who are viewing this thread