News War with Russia

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
While not directly related.

Germany will be even more fucked when Italy default in September, they are balls deep in Italian debt. Add to that very little gas for industry because they designed their economy around Russian oil. I think Germany will be challenged to keep their resolve.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Just waiting for Russia to announce a pipeline through Turkey and Egypt to access Africa.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Whilst I've sympathy for this Ukranian's views - they're not very consistent:

"If Putin wasn't weaponizing oil, gas and grain over sanctions he'd be doing it over Western arms supplies to Ukrain or recognition of Crimea, or something else"

Yeah, don't buy that - because he didn't (or couldn't).

And on the rouble:
1659101217053.png

The sanctions aren't really working. And if this goal is to "starve the Russian war machine and demonstrate international condemnation" then they're also an abject failure because Russia is just increasing trade with people we don't really want them to trade with.

But we're not really sanctioning any country if we're paying them a billion dollars a day are we...

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Whilst I've sympathy for this Ukranian's views - they're not very consistent:

"If Putin wasn't weaponizing oil, gas and grain over sanctions he'd be doing it over Western arms supplies to Ukrain or recognition of Crimea, or something else"

Yeah, don't buy that - because he didn't (or couldn't).

And on the rouble:
View attachment 46567

The sanctions aren't really working. And if this goal is to "starve the Russian war machine and demonstrate international condemnation" then they're also an abject failure because Russia is just increasing trade with people we don't really want them to trade with.

But we're not really sanctioning any country if we're paying them a billion dollars a day are we...
Did you read the thread?

What are they going to manufacture weapons with if the west won’t sell them the parts, China won’t and the rest of the world can’t?

Embattle

FH is my second home
I thought it was a rather stupid commentary piece when I read it, we already know the sanctions have taken a bite on weapons side. It is no doubt why the Russians have been using anti ship and SAM missiles to hit land targets.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Did you read the thread?

What are they going to manufacture weapons with if the west won’t sell them the parts, China won’t and the rest of the world can’t?

Russia is a natural resource rich country, if they had a serious threat, real or not, they still have the capability to be self-sufficient; maybe the Ukraine war has raised tensions enough for Putin to justify further investment in their arms industry and build on previous arms trading partners? India/Africa/China?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Russia is a natural resource rich country, if they had a serious threat, real or not, they still have the capability to be self-sufficient; maybe the Ukraine war has raised tensions enough for Putin to justify further investment in their arms industry and build on previous arms trading partners? India/Africa/China?
They do not have the machine tools or the capability to create them. It would take years to become self-sufficient.

Embattle

FH is my second home
They also have continued the historic tendency to brag more about the quality and advanced nature of their weapons compared to the reality of them, the other side being the western military equipment suppliers like to play along with Russia's narrative as it means more money for them as well.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
One ton of gold -$64.3m dollars. So fuck all.

The billion dollars a day we're giving them? Well, that's funding the effort quite nicely.

Embattle

FH is my second home
One ton of gold -$64.3m dollars. So fuck all.

The billion dollars a day we're giving them? Well, that's funding the effort quite nicely.

I'm not sure why you keep mentioning the money given to Russia for gas etc, hardly anyone thinks it is ideal and it will eventually be dealt with one way or another.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm not sure why you keep mentioning the money given to Russia for gas etc, hardly anyone thinks it is ideal and it will eventually be dealt with one way or another.
Because it makes a mockery of the so-called sanctions.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Corbyn:

That Article said:
A massive 84% of Ukrainians are against a peace agreement with Russia if it involves ceding territory to Russia
16% of Ukranians are for a peace agreement with Russia even if it involves ceding territory apparently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom