News War with Russia

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
God forbid they won't want plastic trainers, McDonalds Shitburgers, or to be ripped off by Wankbucks coffee. ;)

What's your point? They do want it, like most westernised societies. It's not a question of whether they should want it, they do want it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
What's your point? They do want it, like most westernised societies. It's not a question of whether they should want it, they do want it.
Would you blink if McDonalds shut down?

I wouldn't. And neither would the majority of the population IMO. And there's nearly 4 times as many McD's here as in Russia per head of population.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

I wouldn't. And neither would the majority of the population IMO. And there's nearly 4 times as many McD's here as in Russia per head of population.

We aren't talking about you.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I asked a question about you? Would you blink?

Would a significant proportion of the population be really pissed off?

I couldn't care less. But what has that got to do about anything?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Raven said:
I couldn't care less. But what has that got to do about anything?
And I made the point that I reckon the majority of the population probably feel like you.

Don't know why you're getting fighty over this...

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
And I made the point that I reckon the majority of the population probably feel like you.

Pardon? "Fighty" ? I was merely pointing out that an exodus of western brands (and services, CISCO et al) will piss a lot of people off, especially when they have had it for the last 10 years.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Scouse is right though.

I wonder how good their replacement McDonald's is because if its as good (shit) as McDonald's then it's a political win for Putin.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I really liked the Indian own-brand McD's in Delhi. Was way better :)

Embattle

FH is my second home

I would.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Cisco won't fuck anybody off. They'll just knob in Huwawei or something at 1/3rd of the cost...
That would be a bad idea for the same reason that Russia chose to get its machine tools for making ammunition and such from Germany rather than China. Heads would roll for buying essential things from China.

Russia always saw the west as easy to divide and quick to make peace so it could rely on it for importing essential items. China it sees as unified meaning that if it ever pissed China off or needed to piss it off for some reason China would cut it dead.

There’s entire treatise about this subject. China is an ‘ally’ that Russia would never want to rely on.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

I heartily disagree. The British high Street has basically been reduced to fast food, sportswear shops and phone shops, the only categories that ecommerce hasn't killed. MaccyDs and Nikes are the opiates of the masses for the 21st century and if you fucked with them you'd have riots in the streets, literally.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I heartily disagree. The British high Street has basically been reduced to fast food, sportswear shops and phone shops, the only categories that ecommerce hasn't killed. MaccyDs and Nikes are the opiates of the masses for the 21st century and if you fucked with them you'd have riots in the streets, literally.
I stopped going into town years ago because of precisely that.

When you go into town now it's full of people with junk food induced physical deformities and tracksuits. Town is for bars only now.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yes, but once again, you are not everyone.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Plus you can't park anywhere. I just tried to go to my local bank to find out it's pay for parking everywhere now and the fucking things been closed down.

If you make places difficult to use and they have nothing useful then it's no surprise they die off

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Can't remember the last time I went into town. But that's not really the point. Russians won't be able to buy many of the western brands they enjoy. Tough shit.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yes, but once again, you are not everyone.
I'd wager I'm more "everyone" than the daytime denizens of town centres - because they're dying.

If the norm was to use them then they wouldn't be fucked.

But they are.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
This is a lot of whataboutism for a Saturday morning.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Lots of people go "into town". But they tend to live there already. If you want more people going "into town" then you should shift the ratio of property types more toward residential. I mean, I have a co-op a 2 minute walk from my front door, and a much cheaper Sainsburys a mile and a half away. I use the co-op a lot, because it's convenient. And if the shops in town become more convenient, despite being more expensive, people will use them.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Russia needs to be dismantled entirely. It's not just Putin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom