News War with Russia

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Oh and a couple of B52's have arrived in the UK this week :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Roman Abramovich has turned off our gas!

Chelski fans always loved him tho :)

Anyway - I'm thinking of buying shares in blanket manufacturers. Wool blankets are very effective and holding in the warmth - I should know, sitting at 8 degrees in the dead of winter under a pile of them. (Although I must admit - my hands go a bit Raynauds Syndrome when I'm at the laptop.)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Roman Abramovich has turned off our gas!

Chelski fans always loved him tho :)

Anyway - I'm thinking of buying shares in blanket manufacturers. Wool blankets are very effective and holding in the warmth - I should know, sitting at 8 degrees in the dead of winter under a pile of them. (Although I must admit - my hands go a bit Raynauds Syndrome when I'm at the laptop.)

Insulate your house. It can be pricey in the short term, but saves money and gas later.

I'll be heating my house with an occasional fire in the living room at the weekends and a couple of hours heating morning/evening this winter. Will be T-shirt weather indoors. Once you get thick walled houses warm, they stay warm.

Edit, actually, got to lay a new floor at some point, also insulated...but that will be a ballache. I've got to strip back about 100 years of various floors on top of quarry tiles.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Insulate your house. It can be pricey in the short term, but saves money and gas later.
I don't have any gas :)

But yeah - a full schedule of remedial works needs to be drawn up - including insulation.

In the meantime, I'll be cold...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That seems like a silly financial decision.
I don't know - it's currently £450/mWh for electricity produced from gas. That billion quid a day that we're currently throwing at Russia could be fired up my girlfriends asshole.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Not while it tracks with gas prices, it isn't.

Currently, we are doing something that, while essential, only really goes to making the energy companies even more profit.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Not while it tracks with gas prices, it isn't.

Currently, we are doing something that, while essential, only really goes to making the energy companies even more profit.
That's not a problem with wind power though is it - it's a problem for government to fix.

Although to be fair - if they're making 9x the money from investment in just 5 years time then normally we would expect an explosion of investment in wind farms. If it wasn't for the fact that we had to go to painfully-slow auctions (and give 25% of those proceeds to the queen) then we'd already be way ahead of the curve.

Marc

FH is my second home
I live in a massive house with 2 adults and 3 kids. We have totally stopped using the dishwasher and tumble dryer (using maidens instead). Limited the amount of time the our 3 kids spend in the shower (they used to take ages!!) and turned the washing machine down to 30 degrees. We have also used the air fryer instead of electric oven. With all this in mind, our direct debits have stayed the same since April and more than cover our electric and gas use since the price went up in April. I used our smart meter to work out where we were wasting electric and the biggest saving was definitely using the air fryer over electric oven. Not saying things won’t get bad in October but what I have described above has saved us a fortune. We have also bought hot water bottles and thick onesies for the kids for winter lol

Embattle

FH is my second home
We are lucky that we've still got 10 months left on our 24 month contract so still have good rates until July next year.

Our house is well insulated so doesn't get cold thus needs little heating with the windows and vents closed.

The solar panels have produced some 3445 kWh this year with the house using 4265 kWh so far, the battery has helped by storing the excess and anything over the battery capacity has been sold back to the grid.

Future plans include the probable arrival of a Nissan Ariya which will result in a slight change in tariffs. We would plan to use a cheap 7.5p kW night rate to charge the car, fill up the battery and run the dishwasher, however this would result in a loss of export of power money (SEG) as at the moment you can't use both tariffs.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The Germans should just say, OK mate, and start dismantling it.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Yes but they needed the money, although the general lying through their teeth about it all is funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom