News War with Russia

Wij

I am a FH squatter
They own the site and rather than either a) cutting the wires or b) simply turning the power off, we're supposed to consider that they would rather use missiles?

Rrriiiiight.
Absolutely. In the same way they torched a load of PoWs and tried to claim it was Ukrainian HIMARS rather than just slitting their throats and admitting they did it.

Anyway.
Scouse said:
how about the complaints from the IAEA that Ukraine are blocking UN-access to the facility because they see it as "legitimising Russian control"?

Having UN people on the ground there would make us all safer and conveniently would be able to provide irrefutable evidence of the goings-on. So, why aren't we piling all-in on Ukraine to force their hands here? "Let the fucking UN in you dumb cunts, or we cut off your supply lines"??

Seems a reasonable and proportionate action to ensure our "ally" is acting in good faith, no?
We just staying blind to this too?
At least give me a chance to breathe before you shift the goalposts again.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
At least give me a chance to breathe before you shift the goalposts again.
I'm not shifting any goalposts. You're refusing to answer and resorting to the absurd. The few questions I've posed have been on a single theme.

You could, of course, have answered that question...

And this:
Absolutely. In the same way they torched a load of PoWs and tried to claim it was Ukrainian HIMARS rather than just slitting their throats and admitting they did it.
This is utterly irrelevant - Killing Ukranians and saying "we didn't do it" - ain't in any way the same as shelling their own troops in a nuclear facility.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I'm not shifting any goalposts. You're refusing to answer and resorting to the absurd. The few questions I've posed have been on a single theme.

You could, of course, have answered that question...

And this:

This is utterly irrelevant - Killing Ukranians and saying "we didn't do it" - ain't in any way the same as shelling their own troops in a nuclear facility.
There were no troops there. No one is saying there was.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Since we're not making any progress - how about the complaints from the IAEA that Ukraine are blocking UN-access to the facility because they see it as "legitimising Russian control"?

Having UN people on the ground there would make us all safer and conveniently would be able to provide irrefutable evidence of the goings-on. So, why aren't we piling all-in on Ukraine to force their hands here? "Let the fucking UN in you dumb cunts, or we cut off your supply lines"??

Seems a reasonable and proportionate action to ensure our "ally" is acting in good faith, no?
*cough* caught your breath yet, or is it you never had any intention answering a question that shows Ukraine in a bad light?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It would be illogical to position around civilians against an enemy that not only has no regard for life, but goes out of their way to level civilian buildings. Russia level everything, then fight over the wreckage, it's their medieval way of war.

Ukraine are not using human shields.

As for summary executions of Russian soldiers, fuck um.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
*cough* caught your breath yet, or is it you never had any intention answering a question that shows Ukraine in a bad light?
Where is the IAEA complaint about Ukraine then? I haven't seen it.

I have seen the Russian in charge of the occupying forces threatening to turn the place into 'scorched earth' rather than ever hand it back to Ukraine. They aren't hiding their intentions. Nuclear blackmail and reckless endangerment.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Scouse has never shifted his position, he has always come across as a stand up guy for the vocal defense of Russia even when they invade a sovereign country, commit war crimes, etc, etc.

He then tries very hard to imply that we somehow think the sovereign country being invaded by its repugnant neighbour is utterly above playing the game of PR, which most of us aren't but we understand the greater cause and atrocities committed by Russia.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Scouse has never shifted his position
You clearly don't understand my position @Embattle because after this you wrote utter fucking shite from beginning to end.

Russia = Bad, mmmkay? Is that simple enough for you?

But "greater cause and atrocities" never, ever, justify shelling a nuclear plant or obstructing it's safe running.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Scouse has never shifted his position, he has always come across as a stand up guy for the vocal defense of Russia even when they invade a sovereign country, commit war crimes, etc, etc.

He then tries very hard to imply that we somehow think the sovereign country being invaded by its repugnant neighbour is utterly above playing the game of PR, which most of us aren't but we understand the greater cause and atrocities committed by Russia.

I disagree.

I don't think he's defended Russia for invading, or committing war crimes etc.

The truth is the first casualty of war and that also applies for the side that you support.

For scenario one, Amnesty International is a highly respected organisation that has been proven to be impartial on many conflicts in the past, as soon as they start to criticise Ukraine they're suddenly treated like Russian stooges? and yeah, nobody has said that, but anybody that doesn't automatically agree with the Ukrainian line of information - you're automatically pro-Putin/Russia, which is dumb.

For scenario two, Yes, Russia has been attacking civilian areas, we're fully aware of that, and it's obvious that Russia would use a nuclear power station as protection, everyone would do the same.

I just think that these decisions are made at a low level of command, IE the commanders on the ground, because for one side they're fighting for their country and the other side have seen ridiculous amounts of death, so it's pretty obvious that neither side are going to 'stick to the rules of war' because they always go out of the window when an actual war kicks off.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
and it's obvious that Russia would use a nuclear power station as protection, everyone would do the same.
Just this. I mean literally no one. Even China and Belarus would never. Iran, maybe, but I doubt it.

Gwadien

Just this. I mean literally no one. Even China and Belarus would never. Iran, maybe, but I doubt it.

Since you mentioned Iran...

NATO invades Iran, they wouldn't go and occupy the nuclear power stations?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Since you mentioned Iran...

NATO invades Iran, they wouldn't go and occupy the nuclear power stations?
NATO invades Iran? Wtf?

And no. They wouldn’t. No NATO country would use a nuclear power station as a military shield.

Wij

I am a FH squatter

Gwadien

I wondered when the unions would be put back in their place.

Is he wrong though? The most famous unit since the 'civil war' was the Azov regiment, which yes, the Ukrainians incorporated into their army, BUT still allowed far-right figures to command.

I don't agree that it's partially responsible for the invasion, but I do think that it's avoidable fuel on the fire of convincing Russians to support the war.

I suppose you could make the argument that when a country is attacked by a much stronger country, having the far-right and their support of militarism on your side is something too good to pass up on.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Russia would have invaded regardless and found something else to claim grievance about its how they operate (see South Ossetia circa 2008)

Embattle

FH is my second home
Again it is the attempts to use minor questionable actions/points to balance against major ones, in the end it is the Russians who've used more aspects of the Nazi playbook than anyone else and they've used it multiple times.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I don't think acknowledging that Ukranians aren't some whiter-than-white angels undermines the argument against Russia tbh.

We're far too fucking tribal. We should be able to acknowledge that Russia is way out of order, whilst saying Ukrainians have been acting like wankers and the country has it's own serious corruption problems. One doesn't justify the other - but it is still a fact.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The organization regrets that the press release devoted to the study was published without sufficient context

They're also hacked off that the Russians are weaponising the statement. But they still refuse to say it was technically "wrong".

Wij

I am a FH squatter
They're also hacked off that the Russians are weaponising the statement. But they still refuse to say it was technically "wrong".
So far, even though numerous people have pointed out that it misinterprets the law and has no appreciation of any military decisions.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So far, even though numerous people have pointed out that it misinterprets the law and has no appreciation of any military decisions.
We'll find out what the audit comes up with I guess.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
What will Ukraine do now Johnson has stopped calling/visiting? It's like he only ever did it to mask his fuck ups.

At least the cunts can still say he got Ukraine done.

Wij

I am a FH squatter

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom