News War with Russia

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
It looks like Turkey may veto the decision however..

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I'm setting up the UK 4 Kurdistan Liberation Group.

He chats so much shit.

He's just pretending to play the middle ground whilst in bed with the other dictators.

Embattle

I am a FH squatter
Seems they are still talking about using a veto to stop the two Nordic countries joining, funny because I would rather them than Turkey be in NATO.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Apparently we're being blocked by Turkey because Sweden and Finland "openly support the PKK".... No idea what he means by that though.

Yoni

PKK are kurdish terrorist group in Turkey.

Sweden have a lot of Kurdish immigrants displaced from their homes in the Kurdish regions of Turkey Iraq Iran and Syria.

Yoni

They are considered terrorists by Turkey, US and EU…

I am sure the inhabitants of Kurdistan and their displaced relatives see them as freedom fighters

Scouse

Dennis Quaid lover
FH Subscriber
They are considered terrorists by Turkey, US and EU…
We "redefined" them as that after 2001 - in the same way that we did with the Tamil Tigers - allowing state-sponsored atrocities to take place.

Yoni

You do not have to school me I am aware of the politics however the reason Turkey is unhappy is that they kill innocent Turkish people in the eyes of the Turkish government hence like the IRA or ISIS they are denoted as such. This is not a discussion nor should it be about the rights and wrongs of PKK it is a statement as to why Turkey does not want Finland and Sweden to join NATO. Although now they have moved on to wanting both countries to lift sanctions on selling arms to Turkey... I'd rather that we didn't and if that means no NATO then so be it.

If you want a discussion on the reclassification of organisations then please do it in another thread.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
You do not have to school me I am aware of the politics however the reason Turkey is unhappy is that they kill innocent Turkish people in the eyes of the Turkish government hence like the IRA or ISIS they are denoted as such. This is not a discussion nor should it be about the rights and wrongs of PKK it is a statement as to why Turkey does not want Finland and Sweden to join NATO. Although now they have moved on to wanting both countries to lift sanctions on selling arms to Turkey... I'd rather that we didn't and if that means no NATO then so be it.

If you want a discussion on the reclassification of organisations then please do it in another thread.
Surely it wouldn't make a difference if you did? I doubt a private company could sell arms to any country without getting the approvement of the Government first?

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber

kick that tinpot dictator Erdogan out of NATO, problem solved

Scouse

Dennis Quaid lover
FH Subscriber
kick that tinpot dictator Erdogan out of NATO, problem solved
Turkey's been a part of NATO since almost the beginning. Need them on our side tbh.

I think the benefits of NATO membership for Sweden and Finland are marginal at best. Neither country wants our missile systems in their country or military bases in their countries so really, what's the point other than to piss Russia off?

The only reason the populations have about-faced their position is because they can see what's going on in Ukraine. I honestly don't think there's a lot in it for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom