News War with Russia

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
It looks like Turkey may veto the decision however..

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

I'm setting up the UK 4 Kurdistan Liberation Group.

He chats so much shit.

He's just pretending to play the middle ground whilst in bed with the other dictators.

Embattle

FH is my second home

Seems they are still talking about using a veto to stop the two Nordic countries joining, funny because I would rather them than Turkey be in NATO.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Apparently we're being blocked by Turkey because Sweden and Finland "openly support the PKK".... No idea what he means by that though.

Yoni

PKK are kurdish terrorist group in Turkey.

Sweden have a lot of Kurdish immigrants displaced from their homes in the Kurdish regions of Turkey Iraq Iran and Syria.

Yoni

They are considered terrorists by Turkey, US and EU…

I am sure the inhabitants of Kurdistan and their displaced relatives see them as freedom fighters

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
They are considered terrorists by Turkey, US and EU…
We "redefined" them as that after 2001 - in the same way that we did with the Tamil Tigers - allowing state-sponsored atrocities to take place.

Yoni

You do not have to school me I am aware of the politics however the reason Turkey is unhappy is that they kill innocent Turkish people in the eyes of the Turkish government hence like the IRA or ISIS they are denoted as such. This is not a discussion nor should it be about the rights and wrongs of PKK it is a statement as to why Turkey does not want Finland and Sweden to join NATO. Although now they have moved on to wanting both countries to lift sanctions on selling arms to Turkey... I'd rather that we didn't and if that means no NATO then so be it.

If you want a discussion on the reclassification of organisations then please do it in another thread.

Gwadien

You do not have to school me I am aware of the politics however the reason Turkey is unhappy is that they kill innocent Turkish people in the eyes of the Turkish government hence like the IRA or ISIS they are denoted as such. This is not a discussion nor should it be about the rights and wrongs of PKK it is a statement as to why Turkey does not want Finland and Sweden to join NATO. Although now they have moved on to wanting both countries to lift sanctions on selling arms to Turkey... I'd rather that we didn't and if that means no NATO then so be it.

If you want a discussion on the reclassification of organisations then please do it in another thread.

Surely it wouldn't make a difference if you did? I doubt a private company could sell arms to any country without getting the approvement of the Government first?

Aoami

I am a FH squatter

kick that tinpot dictator Erdogan out of NATO, problem solved

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
kick that tinpot dictator Erdogan out of NATO, problem solved
Turkey's been a part of NATO since almost the beginning. Need them on our side tbh.

I think the benefits of NATO membership for Sweden and Finland are marginal at best. Neither country wants our missile systems in their country or military bases in their countries so really, what's the point other than to piss Russia off?

The only reason the populations have about-faced their position is because they can see what's going on in Ukraine. I honestly don't think there's a lot in it for them.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Such a pip squeak, so far those 100s of calls he claims he did on behalf of Volodymyr Zelenskyy have seemingly done utterly nothing.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Who cares? This isn't a recent thing, it's just an escalation of Russia. They are perhaps 100-200 years out of date, psychologically. We get a lot of stick, wrongly, for past imperialism, sins of the father and all that, Russia are balls deep into it.

Beat Russia, wall it off economically, fuck'um.

Gwadien

Who cares? This isn't a recent thing, it's just an escalation of Russia. They are perhaps 100-200 years out of date, psychologically. We get a lot of stick, wrongly, for past imperialism, sins of the father and all that, Russia are balls deep into it.

Beat Russia, wall it off economically, fuck'um.

Germany WW1->2?

The only way that I could ever possibly agree with humiliating Russia and destroying their economy is if we go in and take control of all the nukes first.

With modern warfare we could pretty easily hold back a Russia on a kamikaze revenge attack on Western Europe, but when they have nukes too? nah.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Germany WW1->2?

The only way that I could ever possibly agree with humiliating Russia and destroying their economy is if we go in and take control of all the nukes first.

With modern warfare we could pretty easily hold back a Russia on a kamikaze revenge attack on Western Europe, but when they have nukes too? nah.

But that's the point of mutually assured destruction, Russia is well aware that the moment they do anything nuclear they (and all of us) are done, they may well be mental, but not that mental.

Fuck'um though, what has Russia given the world, ever? Would anyone actually care if Russia ceased to be?

Also, if their standard of military is anything to go by, I would be surprised if they could even manage to launch anything, it's probably all been sold off or left to rust, just like their military equipment. Proper paper tiger.

Gwadien

But that's the point of mutually assured destruction, Russia is well aware that the moment they do anything nuclear they (and all of us) are done, they may well be mental, but not that mental.

Fuck'um though, what has Russia given the world, ever? Would anyone actually care if Russia ceased to be?

Also, if their standard of military is anything to go by, I would be surprised if they could even manage to launch anything, it's probably all been sold off or left to rust, just like their military equipment. Proper paper tiger.

But this is my point though.

We're pretending that Putin is on a par with Stalin or Hitler, when the reality is that it could be *much* worse and the populace could be *way* more indoctrinated.

That's why I disagree with @Scouse when he says we shouldn't do much due to their nukes, but I genuinely think in their current state, they'd find it difficult to get enough people to agree to it.

If we decided to 1919 Germany them, then yeah, I think the likelihood of creating Stalin 2.0 increases massively, and being able to indoctrinate their population with ease, especially if we isolate them completely.

Obviously Ukraine will want to turn them into dust after all this, because that's the emotional response, the similar emotional response we took to Germany post WW1, it doesn't mean it's the best long term solution for anybody.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Build your opponent a golden bridge to retreat across.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
But this is my point though.

We're pretending that Putin is on a par with Stalin or Hitler, when the reality is that it could be *much* worse and the populace could be *way* more indoctrinated.

That's why I disagree with @Scouse when he says we shouldn't do much due to their nukes, but I genuinely think in their current state, they'd find it difficult to get enough people to agree to it.

If we decided to 1919 Germany them, then yeah, I think the likelihood of creating Stalin 2.0 increases massively, and being able to indoctrinate their population with ease, especially if we isolate them completely.

Obviously Ukraine will want to turn them into dust after all this, because that's the emotional response, the similar emotional response we took to Germany post WW1, it doesn't mean it's the best long term solution for anybody.

Yeah, I get all that, but I still say, who cares? Russia is huge, the biggest country on earth but still has just 140m people, that already suffers from a mass exodus of anyone with any sort of education or profession. Russia is a failed state and until it behaves itself will remain so.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Build your opponent a golden bridge to retreat across.

Out of context and out of time. We already know that pacification fails, always. The dickhead will be dead soon, either through natural causes (he is riddled with Parkinsons) or someone gives Russia a good shake of reality and pops a bullet in the back of his head. In the meantime, we need to hurry that process along, for all our benefit (Russians included)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom