News War with Russia

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Wrong and wrong.

He didn't understand how NATO works, thinking that other NATO countries somehow owed the US.

The Hunter Biden stuff is just agitprop. We went through how ridiculous it was months ago. Some random weirdo has his laptop for an unknown reason and has damning emails but won't release them. Just PDFs of them.

Trump made his extortion bid on a taped phone call for fucks sake.

Didn't you post something the other day that suggested that the Biden fam were working towards this?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I think the point Trump was trying to make was that as a member of NATO you have to also be ready to protect any other member of NATO and that some countries were treating it as a protection club in lieu of defence spending. Completely failing to mention that the reason the American military is so large is all the cash sloshing about private companies, who make an absolute fortune out of it.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I think the point Trump was trying to make was that as a member of NATO you have to also be ready to protect any other member of NATO and that some countries were treating it as a protection club in lieu of defence spending. Completely failing to mention that the reason the American military is so large is all the cash sloshing about private companies, who make an absolute fortune out of it.
The US military budget is there for a lot more than NATO defence so it's not a fair comparison. Trump thought those countries owed the US money though which was really just a good excuse to not bother with them at all and pull out. He absolutely talked to his SecDef's about how to do that multiple times.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
How are they going to "target the enablers of kleptography" when that is us*?

*our governments and our systems

Gwadien

#notmyprimeminister

It's beyond Boris though.

I doubt Boris is even involved, it'll be all the MPs in the safe seats that don't do/say anything, apart from making a killing whilst selling out their country.

I guess Boris is a good yes man for those types of people.

Probably explains why we don't have decent folk in positions of leadership, because they got a whiff of what actually happens, realising they can't do much about it, they back out.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Boris was put in his job by the very people that twitter post discusses.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Mirror of American politics?

Just remember - Biden's a massive thundercunt too.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Good job you reminded me, I forgot you thought that.
It's a fair point though isn't it. Bojo's in the papers every day for pretty much identikit Trump. In pretty much identikit way.

Biden got in, same shit, better media. But not substantively better in any way - he's still trashing the environment and lying and doing pretty bad shit. Just not the race-baiting.

Ever was it so. Obama was just a black George Dubya. Didn't close guantanamo, didn't pardon the people who Dubya fucked over. Nor did Trump. Nor did Biden.

Our resident boring Lawyer, Sleepy Starmer, will be the same.

Who. Gives. A. Fuck. - nothing substantive will change.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
The TDS is strong in this one.
Someone who actually was Trump’s NSA for a long time has TDS because he only knows Trump from CNN and Twitter liberals?

Mmm’kay.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Putin wants to see the reformation of the USSR and he'll stop at nothing to achieve that... even if he does turn into another Hitler, the same fate awaits him.. just a shame nukes are involved this time around because when cornered that mad cunt would probably use them regardless of the MAD doctrine.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
EU saying Yes sir, that's enough sir, thank you sir.

America saying, fuck no.

Do the EU want to be Putin's bitch, with all the lovely non-renewable energy that brings or do they want to grow a spine?

Gwadien

EU saying Yes sir, that's enough sir, thank you sir.

America saying, fuck no.

Do the EU want to be Putin's bitch, with all the lovely non-renewable energy that brings or do they want to grow a spine?

I think you mean Germany, not the EU.

I think plenty of EU countries have expressed their concern over the pipeline.

It's pretty obvious it's a bit late to do anything about it now; if they decided to cancel it, it would result in WW3.

Besides there's much dodgier states out there that we throw money at for their resources and again, nobody cares about that.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

It's pretty obvious it's a bit late to do anything about it now; if they decided to cancel it, it would result in WW3.

Besides there's much dodgier states out there that we throw money at for their resources and again, nobody cares about that.

I don't think Germany has much of a choice; they've binned nuclear and shut their coal mines at the same time, renewables aren't cutting it. They can import coal (they closed the mines but not the power stations...yet) or get gas from...somewhere, but all the choices are bad.

Its funny, we always think of Ze Germans as basically competent people who know what they're doing, but there's a remarkable amount of big, fucked up stuff going on in Germany; their energy policy is broken, their military policy is broken, and apparently loads of their infrastructure is falling to bits as well.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

No, I mean the EU as a whole. Not only are half of them taking it up the chuff but they will still be bickering about how to respond when the shells start falling.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I don't think Germany has much of a choice; they've binned nuclear and shut their coal mines at the same time, renewables aren't cutting it. They can import coal (they closed the mines but not the power stations...yet) or get gas from...somewhere, but all the choices are bad.

Its funny, we always think of Ze Germans as basically competent people who know what they're doing, but there's a remarkable amount of big, fucked up stuff going on in Germany; their energy policy is broken, their military policy is broken, and apparently loads of their infrastructure is falling to bits as well.

Absolutely this, this myth of German competence is total bollox, country is mired in useless paperwork, conflicting policies on almost every major issue. Going to be a messy one if the dominoes start to fall (if they are not already)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom