want cata tomorrow?

nimronn

Loyal Freddie
Hey peeps,

I was peed off like everyone else about cata released dates being cocked up...so i kept thinking and reading around...finally i found a way that i could play catacombs tomorrow regardless to whether i had the CD's or not.

If u want to play catacombs bad - like me - then do this....

Firstly send me a personal msg and ill email u 3 files which you use to download catacombs from the US servers. - put all 3 files into an empty folder (new folder) and then run the .exe...it will then download the entire catacombs client from US server's which is 2.3gig - took around 4 hours for me with a 2mb connection cos it was running at around 30kps and then got faster to around 150kps.

Then check this link out while its downloading....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....884&category=33302&sspagename=rvi:1:3v_search

That is a german company that currently has copy's of catacombs in stock and available - ask the guy there that you wanna buy catacombs but if he can tell you the catacombs CD Key before he post's it..which he's done for me and a few mates.

Hell then send you ur purchased Catacombs CD key via email or whatever

So now uve got catacombs downloading from US and a CD key for catacombs EU servers tommorrow.

once its finshed downloading leave it be and wait till after the servers come back up tommorrow..then u need to do this.....

Copy the update.dat and login.dat files from your Euro ToA install and overwrite the US files. Open update.dat with a text editor and change the word atlantis to catacombs in both urls. Save it and you should connect to the Euro patch servers and patch the Euro version.

Then register your CD key.

and bang!

enjoy catacombs!

Its what ive had to do and it was a pain in the **** trying to think and eventually find a company that had catacombs in stocketc , but it means i get to play catacombs 2morrow, when i was supposed to be able too.

Please note....

The game discs from germany cost at estimate around £16.99 but you need to add postage costs. - mine came too around £30 with delivery.

can i also add that yes im peed off - but ive read alot of peeps moaning about all this crap like its the GM's fault. but it isnt imo. and they have helped me find all this info out..so for that i would like to say thanks!

Anyway.

cya in catacombs! :)

nimronn

Loyal Freddie
just to add 1 more thing

There is no reason this wont work that i can think off - but i cannot garuntee it so - if something does go wrong and this doesnt work - its not my fault!.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
to save the poor Mythic patcher:

Take a copy of your TOA folder, put the US catacombs update.dat and run it from there. It'll only be a 900 meg patch or so.

nimronn

Loyal Freddie
Flimgoblin said:

Take a copy of your TOA folder, put the US catacombs update.dat and run it from there. It'll only be a 900 meg patch or so.

BAH lol

wish i knew that before lolol :p

thanks tho budd :) yet again!

I wont be sending any Files to albs -HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Just messing but i hate ya all :) :flame:

occy

Loyal Freddie
nimronn said:
BAH lol

wish i knew that before lolol :p

thanks tho budd :) yet again!

I wont be sending any Files to albs -HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Just messing but i hate ya all :) :flame:
go back to counterstrike it suits your age a bit better

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Somewhere in the Post says dont blame Gm rofl,Requiel has been stating over last few weeks and continously over past few days that everything is in place for the release of Catacombs.

Well to put record straight IT Ain't it seems UK will not be ready for the Expected launch of Catacombs as was stated in Mr Requiels posts.

Also Server is going down tomorrow so we can all enjoy The pleasure of Catacombs well rofl it seems 99% of UK players WONT be able to :(

Dissappointed YES you Look forward to release date of a Game a Great game I may add with anticipation but to get the run around about This Day no That day Oh blame Game industry and not get 1 straight answer from Company Who have been entrusted by Mythic to launch they Eagerly anticipated expansion is DIABOLICAL.

As for spending £30 I wait until I can actually get hold of a copy Eager yes I am but not a millionaire but then again that all depends if Game Shops in Southampton have them in Stock Rofl

Soulja

nimronn

Loyal Freddie
Soulja_IA_ said:
Somewhere in the Post says dont blame Gm rofl,Requiel has been stating over last few weeks and continously over past few days that everything is in place for the release of Catacombs.

Well to put record straight IT Ain't it seems UK will not be ready for the Expected launch of Catacombs as was stated in Mr Requiels posts.

Also Server is going down tomorrow so we can all enjoy The pleasure of Catacombs well rofl it seems 99% of UK players WONT be able to :(

Dissappointed YES you Look forward to release date of a Game a Great game I may add with anticipation but to get the run around about This Day no That day Oh blame Game industry and not get 1 straight answer from Company Who have been entrusted by Mythic to launch they Eagerly anticipated expansion is DIABOLICAL.

As for spending £30 I wait until I can actually get hold of a copy Eager yes I am but not a millionaire but then again that all depends if Game Shops in Southampton have them in Stock Rofl

Soulja

Hey soul :)

i do agree its diabolical but im assuming that requiel and other GM's were giving us information that was given to them. therefore im saying - i dont think its the GMs fault..just my opinion :)

hows it going anyway bud? :)

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
But everyone knows the GM's administrate, translate, do the billing, turn the sky orange, cause the lag etc etc...

nimronn

Loyal Freddie
WTF is wrong with you peeps?

Theres no need to fooking start taking the piss out of me

Yeh so i like games alot, how does that effect you in anyway?

Im getting pretty pissed of at some people

I wrote that post to help peeps out - if you dont want the help - then fook off and enjoy ur wait..no need for all your sarcastic remarks...

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Fine m8 lol

I understand it not Requiels Fault entirely he only passing on info given to Him but some 1 in Goa HQ needs to have his Future Read to them for Mis informing the gaming Public.

I was only using Requiels Post as he was actually the only person who has responding over past few days.

No Disrespect Mr Requiel to you good self was intended in my post.

Soulja

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Thnks for info Nim
Ignore the trolls , you have posted only correct and helpful info all week.

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Nim m8,

Probably reason some ass oles are taking piss out of you is because you took the initiative,Some of these Peeps can't understand that all you were doing was being informative.

Nice job m8 Dont let Peeps piss you off.

As old Saying goes m8 "It better to be pissed off than Pissed on"

Soulja

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
cheers nimronn, dont listen to the kids, very nice of you to share this.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
*brandishes modstick*

If someone posts something to help out the community I'm gonna take a very dim view of people taking potshots at them. Cheers for helping people here nimronn.

(and it just goes to show that people will whine about _anything_ on here :p)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
and watch out for the mod stick, it stings :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
downloading it now, 900mb, sorry to any americans that lag due to this and the strain it will cause but we really dont have any choice :(

Jebelious

Fledgling Freddie
nice work tbh :) not gonna bother here i think, unless i can purchase it tomorrow from town then i will personally wait hehe

nimronn

Loyal Freddie
thanks all - but i couldnt have done it without help from other peeps.

I wasent gonna say anything tbh - but i kept reading peeps on the forums as peed off as me so i decided to share.

theres a few peeps who will be playing cata 2morrow :) cos i shared :) im happy :) done my good deed for the week :p lol

your all welcome :)

and thanks to requiel, flimgoblin, and a few others!

cant wait till i can play 2morrow - going insane lol

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Just so ppl are aren't mislead, the price is now £17, not £30 as somebody stated, I did notice it said 'revised' somewhere in the info though, so not blaming anyone ;)

nimronn

Loyal Freddie
Void959 said:
Just so ppl are aren't mislead, the price is now £17, not £30 as somebody stated, I did notice it said 'revised' somewhere in the info though, so not blaming anyone ;)

its £17 + delivery - theres different delivery options u can choose when u phone them.

I picked safest one so it cost £30

apprently its a heavy box so it costs a fair bit to send.

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:

Doesnt work m8 i tried it for my US account and you have to actually have the CD unless you download it from a website etc. :mad:

Funkybunny

Banned
Penlid said:
Doesnt work m8 i tried it for my US account and you have to actually have the CD unless you download it from a website etc. :mad:
i downloaded it using the 3 files and played us servers just fine. :)

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
No i mean downloading from the patcher changing the update.dat

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Zenythe said:
But everyone knows the GM's administrate, translate, do the billing, turn the sky orange, cause the lag etc etc...

FGS Zenth...

My sky is grey atm...

You've failed me again :(

eble

Fledgling Freddie
Could someone pm the files needed to dl us version of catas. (already pm'd nims)

I play outta Adelaide, South Australia on excal/hib I have pre-ordered as usual via Play.com but I normally have to wait an extra week while my uk contact sends the games discs over.

If i can dl it direct from the us then, all i need to start is the serial numbers which I can get over the phone.

Thanx.

Eble

eble

Fledgling Freddie
eble said:
Could someone pm the files needed to dl us version of catas. (already pm'd nims)

I play outta Adelaide, South Australia on excal/hib I have pre-ordered as usual via Play.com but I normally have to wait an extra week while my uk contact sends the games discs over.

If i can dl it direct from the us then, all i need to start is the serial numbers which I can get over the phone.

Thanx.

Eble

oki thanx to nim all files rec'd its gonna be a good day. :)

nimronn

Loyal Freddie
for anyone that has doubt that this plan doesnt work

Ive now got catacombs downloaded, my CD Key activated and patchs etc downloaded for EU servers...all i need is the servers to come up

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
half way through downloading, bought from ebay, jsut waiting on the man to give me the codes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom