TV Walking Dead

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Given the ratings it has achieved, it won't be cancelled any time soon.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Ep3 checkpoint;

Roof incident, not surprising. Kinda figured from the start.

Bit stupid though, kinda forced since the door was still intact. Should've had the door busted open to make it a bit mroe realistic.

Otherwise, your basic character build-up filler.

Keeps getting better all the time, as long as this episode was just to kill time and they don't forget the whole zombie thing.

Don't need another one tree hill in zombieland.

My guess is that it's going to be a "build up - action - build up - action - repeat" kind of show.

Oh yeah, before i forget; one of the best shows around at the time, don't get me wrong ;)

Would be best, but i don't want my zombielove to get in the way of judging a show :D

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
ep3 still...
Hands up who would've had a go at the handcuffs before hacksawing your own hand off...

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
ep3 still...
Hands up who would've had a go at the handcuffs before hacksawing your own hand off...

ep4

Firstly Toht; they explained the door thing. Not enough zombies could apply pressure on the door to break the chain and padlock in such a narrow stairwell.

Second Call; in episode 4, they say the blade was too blunt for the handcuffs. Hence the amputation.

My money is on Meryl having driven a truckload of zombies to the camp, the vengeful bastard :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
ep4

Firstly Toht; they explained the door thing. Not enough zombies could apply pressure on the door to break the chain and padlock in such a narrow stairwell.

Second Call; in episode 4, they say the blade was too blunt for the handcuffs. Hence the amputation.

My money is on Meryl having driven a truckload of zombies to the camp, the vengeful bastard :)

Yeah i meant that it would've been better if the lock was busted, not that it should've been ;)

Kinda like "The hurry to cut yer arm off would've felt more real".

The show is shaping up nicely, even if there are a lot of plotdevices in there, but it's kinda forgiven since it's zombies :p

Don't know how he could've dropped the zombies off though as it's an open truck(cabin and truck have no wall in between), but it sure seems likely he had something to do with it.

Nate

FH is my second home
Seemed very 28 days from the start but yeah enjoyed it :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I never considered that Merle might have been responsible for that. I'd guessed that a few zombies had heard the car's alarm, and walked in that direction. The smell of cooking fish?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yeah, one of em said he had built up the stones around the fire so they could have a bigger fire without being detected, maybe that didn't work.

I still don't buy the hacksaw thing. :p There wasn't a scratch on the chain at the end of e3 (as if he hadn't even tried it before going at his wrist) and the old guy (whose tools they were I think?) seems to keep his stuff in pretty good order (neat toolboxes etc). So the chances of the hacksaw blade being too blunt to even mark the handcuffs are pretty slim. It's just a little niggle.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
callous

Couldn't have been that fire, they were too far from the city for the zombies to make it there that fast. Had to have been noise from previous days - the car, maybe just their smell wafting down to the city.

They ignored the warning signs with the zombie eating the deer the day before.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yeah I guess, you just have a feeling they don't mention stuff liek that for the sake of it though.
There didn't seem to be that many zombies tbh; it seemed quite finite, not a long stream like you might expect. It was as if they *had* been transported, thinking about it...

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
I also think that it was Mel's doing. But i think he didnt transport the zombies in the van, more like he "led" (by taunting them to chase him e.g) the ones he found in the mountains (there were hints of zombies around since the deer event) to the camp

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Well ep4 has been out for long enough not to need spoilers now.

If those zombies can smell the difference between a normal person, and a dead person, I'm reasonably sure they could smell a nice bit of fish from a distance away. But really, driving a car into camp with its alarm blaring away would have drawn them from miles away.

I don't think Merle did it, after all his brother was in the same camp.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Yeah i think it's just the show isn't especially great in that respect, there are so many plot holes and silly things like that. Zombies don't know your there if you cover yourself in shit? Give me a break.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Yeah i think it's just the show isn't especially great in that respect, there are so many plot holes and silly things like that. Zombies don't know your there if you cover yourself in shit? Give me a break.

It wasn't shit, it was the innards/blood from a dead zombie.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Still think you should use spoilers - it doesn't air in the UK till Friday, not everyone is watching it early.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I know but it's still stupid.

Not really - if you are working on the premise that the zombies in their world are driven by sound and smell, then it's perfectly plausible. Every zombie based movie or tv show has had zombies that work differently, don't apply logic from other shows to this one.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I know but it's still stupid.

Why? Would having mind-reading zombies be more realistic?

It seemed like a good explanation to me, and tbh I found that scene where they were wandering through the crowd of zombies pretty damn scary.

Anyway, how many others knew there are only six episodes for the first season? :(

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Really? Explains why it got renewed so quickly! Enjoying it a lot so far.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Anyway, how many others knew there are only six episodes for the first season? :(

uh? whaaaaaaaaaa????!!!!!!

wtf-scary-cat.jpg

::eek:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Not too surprised about that.

It's a risky TV show by any measure and it was a roll of die to see how it goes. Safe bet is to make 6 eps and see.

Actually really smart considering that zombies ain't really that surehit wonders.

The good thing is that most likely the next season will be a 20 something episodes, with more budget((more fun) if the show is a hit.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
Not too surprised about that.

It's a risky TV show by any measure and it was a roll of die to see how it goes. Safe bet is to make 6 eps and see.

Actually really smart considering that zombies ain't really that surehit wonders.

The good thing is that most likely the next season will be a 20 something episodes, with more budget((more fun) if the show is a hit.

itll get pulled in favour of some more fuckin reality tv shit

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
It's AMC (Mad Men), so I doubt it. I think it will catch on and do quite well.

itcheh

Part of the furniture
But really, driving a car into camp with its alarm blaring away would have drawn them from miles away.

The old man said something about the sound bouncing off the hills and echoing all round the place so the zombies wouldn't be able to get a fix on their position.

Could be Merle, could be fish, could just be a splinter group who wandered in their direction and got lucky. The timing is a bit suspect for Merle not to have a hand in it (baddoom-tish).

Regardless, Ch3t's right to point out that they seemed to ignore the zombie in the camp eating the deer situation ... surely they should have stepped up security?

Loving the show

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Quite a jesus ending there :p

Anyhoo, nicely set up for future and really like the way they keep things going even when the episode seems to be all talk.

Quite how it should be done, don't care if it's talktalktalk 30 mins, if the rest is moving the story along.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Quite a jesus ending there :p

Anyhoo, nicely set up for future and really like the way they keep things going even when the episode seems to be all talk.

Quite how it should be done, don't care if it's talktalktalk 30 mins, if the rest is moving the story along.

Cuz its one of the few series that realy develops characters, at least more than the main one. That requires either movie-lenght episodes or cuttinf some of the action zombie scenes.

Yesterday's episode (Wildifire) was brilliant imho.

Cant still believe theres only 1 episode left from this season. Rly hope its a "season ending" lenght one aka twice the duration :)

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Been trying to get the main title music for my ringtone for ages but I can't seem to find it anywhere!!!!

Series has been great, as for trying to find plot holes in a zombie movie rofl!!!

Covering themselves in zombie shit was a decent enough explanation for me and I agree with Tom I also thought the scene was good.

I don't think Merle would have went back to the camp, unless he planned on killing them with his own hands. So for me the group of zombies was just a random group roaming around in the woods after all, there is food to be had outside of the city.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom