News Vote Vote Vote!!!

ECA

I am a FH squatter
It looks like labour is going to lose to UKIP and lib dems in the euro elections :)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
A
Obvious troll is obvious.
:lol:
B
Bah if it wasn't for labour being in control all these years we would be in a much worse mess. What do the other parties have to offer? Nah the real brains are still in the labour party. Who the hell cares if they cream a little off the top as they have been doing. Hell all these councilors and wotnot have been doing so forever. Just a perk of the job. Such a load of ballocks shouldn't cause anyone not to vote for Labour. Labour FTW!
C
Glad you like living in a Police State.

A leads to B leads to C leads to A

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
but also make judgements on future markets. Alaister Darling has also failed spectacularly in estimating the impact of the global downturn. Remember, these people are supposed to have the best information gatherers and advisors available and are still making poor projections and forecasts. That's either bad judgement, incompetence or poor info/data from their advisors. All three are management issues and a good manager takes decisive action.

How do you predict the effects of something which has never happened before in our country?

The closest problems to what we have now are probably the late 1920's and the 1930's in regards to the banking sector failure. The economy has changed massively since then

In fact - what we are doing now (injections of cash; providing support for businesses; encouraging investment etc. etc.) has been successful nearly every downturn since keynesian economics was brought in.

Sure labour aren't the brighest and most-informed bunch when it comes to keeping the UK happy and so on, but claiming they failed at estimating stuff is plain bullshit.

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
What Gordon has bought us to:

BBC NEWS | Politics | BNP wins European Parliament seat

BNP winning seats :(

I really don't understand how everything is all of a sudden the fault of the incumbent party's leader.

From what I can see the economic crisis had been coming for years and was largely down to stupid banks abusing the freedoms that they'd been given. It could and indeed has happened under tory governments only with less scale. The irony of it is that after a slap on the wrists banks have merely put their rates up and gone right back to what they were doing before.

The marginalisation of the british working class was started with the demolition of the unions in the eighties and has continued from that day to this. Hardly a "labour" issue, although perhaps, a necesarry response to unrealistic and militant workforces.

If we're going to blame for Brown for anything it should be for failing to prove he can be as charismatic as other leaders and for the his party losing touch with their roots and becoming at first, overconfident and secondly panicing now that they can see the extent to which they've fallen from their perch.

I'll be interested to see what the BNP do with their new gains. I didn't vote for the record. I thought long and hard about it and then I realised that I had zero faith in any of the tossers standing for office in my council. it's largely irrelevent who "represents" me in coventry. The only one I'd vote for is loony independant and an absolute bastard (but he's our bastard) but he's the representative for the area that I have moved from so I couldn't vote for him.

M

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I really don't understand how everything is all of a sudden the fault of the incumbent party's leader.

Two reasons; Broon has spent over a decade pointing out what a brilliant Chancellor he was, "presiding over greatest period of sustained economic growth" blah, blah, blah. In other words he was quite prepared to take the credit when things were going well, so he can't expect to get off the hook when things turn to crap.

Second reason, he's the incumbent, they will always get the blame when things go wrong. I have no reason to believe the Tories would have handled this recession any better than Labour (personally I think politicians have far less control of the economy than their egos would tell them), but Labour got the job, and they failed, as did a host of left wing parties all over Europe, which is why there's been a swing to the right as people hunker down to protect what they have and old school right wing protectionism swings into action (ironic given that globalisation is a capitalist invention - see what I mean about politicians not really being in control?)

So now we have 2 BNP MEPs and 13 UKIPs. Thanks Labour, thanks a lot.

Dark Orb Choir

Loyal Freddie
as Vince Cable said in 2003 at prime ministers question time to gordon brown

“The growth of the British economy is sustained by consumer spending pinned against record levels of personal debt, which is secured, if at all, against house prices that the Bank of England describes as well above equilibrium level. What action will the Chancellor take on the problem of consumer debt?” Mr Brown did not answer how he would solve the problem, merely replying that: “In the past, we've been right and you've been wrong.”

the more i read about this bloke the more i like him, he used to be in Labour until he realiesd they were not really labour anymore, tbh we need a few more peoople like this guy

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
What Gordon has bought us to:

BBC NEWS | Politics | BNP wins European Parliament seat

BNP winning seats :(
And this is bad because... ?

Having small political parties allows people to issue a protest vote and if the main parties have become so isolated from the electorate that people turn to parties with extreme views, more fool them for not having good policies.

I don't agree with the BNP viewpoint, but I do believe that they epitomise what a free democracy stands for. It actually restores some of my faith in the political system.

It also is a powerful punch in the face to wake up the other parties. :)

ECA

I am a FH squatter

Its about individual responsibility.
He was chancellor when he deregulated the banks in line with the americans ( unlike other nations that kept their regulations and had no banks hit by the subprime exposure ).

He doesn't understand basic economic theory which is quite depressing for someone who claims to be a good chancellor ( ie unregulated banks are actually not that bad - but allowing them to be so big the economy collapses if they do is pretty problematic - pick one you can't have both - pick neither and we got what was coming to us ).

In addition, he went along with everything Tony Blair did ( iraq, dodgy funding for the labour party, yada yada ).

Didn't spent anytime as chancellor doing what he should have done ( putting more money into R&D science ) or helping us increase the range of our economy by broadening the nature of our GDP to help insulate us from an economic downturn.

Basically - he just sat in office going dum diddy dum diddy dum diddy dum and claiming for the economic prosperity brought by the previous administation with no fucking clue what the fuck he was fucking doing.

And now its burning he and the labour party are trying to take credit for the economic prosperity and positioning it as "well we had a lot of good times under the labour goverment...we can fix it!" despite having no responbility for the good times whatsoever.

In summary.
Fuck that fat fuck.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Sorry but for me this is just a failure of Politics and the simple fact is that many issues have arisen which MPs had believed they could just ignore.

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
Its about individual responsibility.
He was chancellor when he deregulated the banks in line with the americans ( unlike other nations that kept their regulations and had no banks hit by the subprime exposure ).

In summary.
Fuck that fat fuck.

Well that told me :p

joking apart - that's a cracking post and I agree wholeheartedly with your points - but I don't agree with Ch3tan's point that UKIP and BNP gaining votes is the fault of labour.

M

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
You could just as easy (or perhaps its even easier) to say that its Camerons fault for not being a viable alternative to Labour....forcing people to choose parties like the BNP

I disagree, people have voted for the BNP because it is as far away from Labours ideas as they can get. Its an anger vote, its a vote for a party they see will look after the countries people rather than the countries new arrivals.

How many homeless are immigrants? Not fucking many is the answer. Labour opened the floodgates and fucked the normal people right in the arse. Before anyone says it, by normal people I mean normal black, white, asian citizens who have put something in rather than just want to rape the country and its people.

My mind boggles how people can still stick up for Labour, it really does, its like sticking up for a rapist because you didn't like the girl. What possible good have they brought us? Which of their policies have they stuck to when they were running for office? How many lies have they told us?

Yes the Tories will tell lies and many of them will be found hanged in a wardrobe with an orange in their mouth but its time for change and I just hope people remember the shit Labour left this country in, much like last time they were in power.

Hate Cameron by all means but its a bit silly to hate him so much that you still back Labour, thats like the people who hate Labour so much they voted BNP. No different imo.

I am also a fan of Vince Cable, straight talker and all that.

Edit - Surely no matter how much you back Labour after seeing that little ginger dwarf woman and her smug grin, surely that would turn you against them?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Whether you like it or not, the BNP wins are in traditional Labour strongholds. To argue the Tories should present a viable alternative is to ignore a long tradition of not voting Tory already in place in those areas. Also, if you look at the BNP's policies, their platform is actually pretty left-wing, with the obvious exception that they're also a bunch of racist *****.

The rise of UKIP on the other hand, is very much a Tory failure.

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
You could just as easy (or perhaps its even easier) to say that its Camerons fault for not being a viable alternative to Labour....forcing people to choose parties like the BNP

You really have a stick up your arse about Cameron don't you. Like I said before, lesser of two evils. Brown has already proved he's an incompetant, useless, lying, scheming, power hungry, fat c**t. You just have to look at his recent statements to see the level of delusion in his mind, "I'm not walking away from the problem" reality check gordy, you are the fucking problem!!!

On a side note I would worry too much about the BNP, every seat they win is almost a good thing because it's a kick up the arse everybody needs to realise what would happen if things don't change. They won't ever get to power, the media will keep them in check. Free media is something the Nazis didn't have to contend with during their rise to power.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
So now we have 2 BNP MEPs and 13 UKIPs. Thanks Labour, thanks a lot.

Nothing wrong with the UKIP ones, most people want a referendum on Europe so that we can put the hole issue to bed, they are the only ones that will give us one. However its quite disturbing that the BNP won seats, though its purely a protest vote I would have thought, nobody can be that stupid.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I think i should've voted BNP because it seems the facists in power is the only thing that's going to start a peoples uprising which is what this country needs.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Nothing wrong with the UKIP ones, most people want a referendum on Europe so that we can put the hole issue to bed, they are the only ones that will give us one. However its quite disturbing that the BNP won seats, though its purely a protest vote I would have thought, nobody can be that stupid.

It is a protest vote - I have talked to a few people that actually vote BNP. Those that did not do it as a protest simply believe the BNP has changed. Amazing what a bit of spin can do. However it does not matter if it is protest votes, or votes by deluded idiots, or those that actually believe in the BNP, the fact they have won anything is a bad bad thing.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
It's good to see things swinging to the right. The BNP getting seats isn't necessarily bad Chet, it probably represents more how people feel about immigration - something I feel Labour have done absolutely fuck all about - than extremist tendancies. The over influx of Poles & eastern europeans, the appeasing attitude towards Islam and Labour's complete lack of control of the country are also probably fanning the BNP flames.

Not all of the BNP's manifesto is bad.

Vae

Resident Freddy
The protestors are mainly left-wing and labour student members. One of them is even currently parliamentary assistant to Kate Hoey MP!

So while people have the right to protest and to free speech I feel this is a case of these protestors stopping the elected representative of 6.2% of the UK population (well those that voted anyway) from representing their views.

Damini

Part of the furniture
Egg throwing is stupid. It makes the counter argument against the BNP look childish and puerile - it's not even an argument, it's reduced down to pantomine villains and idiot audience members booing. Give him his free speech, give him enough words and the party will hang themselves with it. Egg them, villify them, and you're just validating the people that voted for them - people who think the BNP are the only party that will dare tackle the ugly issues.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
"veteran left wing campaigner Tony Benn, said they wanted to "defend democracy" against what they regard as the "fascist" and "racist" policies of the BNP.

One told the crowd his message for Mr Griffin was: "Wherever you go in this country we will make sure you are welcomed by demonstrations."

from

BBC NEWS | Politics | BNP leader pelted in egg protest

The usual lefty hypocrisy then I see.

They were democratically elected and have every right to voice their opinion, whether or not its a retarded opinion or not.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I think it says something about the protesters more than it says about the BNP - they've played straight into their hands; any news for the BNP is good news.

They also clearly know fuck all about the price of a loaf - they're throwing eggs at the wrong man. The BNP have popped up for a bit, but will fade again without a doubt - meanwhile Flash Gordon returns to number 10 to do the real fucking damage to the UK without egg throwing in site.

Retards.

rynnor

Rockhound
I think the BNP have risen up due to the lamentably poor handling of Immigration in the UK (they cant actually say what the current population is which seems like Governance101 since you could tax em :p).

The main reason for this is that its not deemed 'politically correct' to mention Immigration and anyone who does is immediatly branded a far right nutter.

This is childish and unhealthy - failure to realise this and address it by the main parties has lead people into the arms of the extremists - until the mainstream parties address this problem it will most likely get worse.

Whats needed is an open and adult discussion of Immigration policy yet despite the European election results noones talking about that - they are still rounding on the voters for using their democratic rights - sigh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom