News Vote Vote Vote!!!

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I have voted, know lots of people that have not bothered though.

We need more activity to encourage people to use their vote, similar to the US, where they even talk about the elections on wrestling; wrestling ffs!

Vote or die, bitch!

I don't think people need more encouragement to use their vote; they need people that represent them to a level that is clear enough that they will want to vote. Most people I know that don't vote do so because there is no-one that reflects them and that the majority of politicians are completely out of touch and unapproachable (obviously there are a few exceptions; when Vince Cable was my local MP it was clear that he was genuinely great, approachable and above all he was active and present. You always knew about him. Where I currently live, I haven't heard a single word of who is my local MP.)

russell

FH is my second home
You opt out. You waste a vote. You cant moan if your party doesnt get in!

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
But by opting out I don't have a party, so that's irrelevant?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Well, now you're just confusing the board because you're quoting my message that had [/quote] in it, so it ended your quote of my message before my message had ended. The second [/quote] that was placed automatically was rendered useless because of the one that preceded it. Fascinating stuff, I'm sure you'll agree.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Does pissing on your ballot, dousing it in gasoline and setting the polling station constitute as spoiling it, or is it a criminal offence?

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Because we need a general election and I look forwards to the Conservatives winning.

I would vote BNP over Conservatives, If they actually think people trust them more over any of the other parties they have been sniffing thatchers under carriage.

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
I would vote BNP over Conservatives, If they actually think people trust them more over any of the other parties they have been sniffing thatchers under carriage.

Don't care what you think to be honest, that you say you would vote for the BNP just makes come across as a laughable twat or an ignorant cock. Whatever suits frankly, possibly both and a few more.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Don't care what you think to be honest, that you say you would vote for the BNP just makes come across as a laughable twat or an ignorant cock. Whatever suits frankly, possibly both and a few more.
He didn't say he would vote BNP. He said he would sooner vote them than the tories. It's a little different.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
It's simply the lesser of three evils.

I'll never ever EVER vote Labour for ANY reason whatsoever. I can still remember 1977-1979 and the Winter of Discontent... and I was 6 at the time.

LibDems used to be my party of choice, but their policies in recent years leave a lot to be desired and I don't agree with them any more.

The Conservatives while having an uncharismatic leader have one policy that makes me vote for them...
Total shutdown of the National Identity Register (ID cards).
For me, all other discussion is pointless. Not because I disregard other people's views but because ID cards is *THE* issue as far as I'm concerned.

I would rather use my vote in a general election where it has a chance of making a difference so no Green, Plaid Cymru or BNP for me.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I would be willing to vote for a labour government if I believed they could implement policies without taxing the shit out of us to pay for it and not delivering any improvements because they'd rather be in power than do something.

Its strange because I'd happily vote Democrat if I was an american ( labour ) and I find the republicans to be a bunch of total douchenozzles ( conservatives ).

However I currently couldn't vote labour because of their sheer incompetency and I dont really like the conservatives much either. The lib dems would be labour but worse ( nanny state + taxes urgh ).

I'd vote for a fiscally responsible but socially progressive party if any credible parties existed.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Well, now you're just confusing the board because you're quoting my message that had
in it, so it ended your quote of my message before my message had ended. The second [/quote] that was placed automatically was rendered useless because of the one that preceded it. Fascinating stuff, I'm sure you'll agree.[/QUOTE]

Stop it now!!

Keep bloody deleting posts cuz I sorted the quote thing, I didn't realise just how deep it ran in this thread.

STOP IT NOW ITS HURTING MY BACON!

:eek:

Oh ffs my post has gone tits up now because of bloody Naths things. I blame Nath for pretty much everything that goes wrong ever (at least for today).

:eek:

Dark Orb Choir

Loyal Freddie
funny how the people i actually repsect on these boards have the same sort of political leanings as me, i too almost marked the BNP box, but though better of it at the last minute, i voted for my usual brand of political wankers.

With so many people almost voting BNP that must say something about the fucked up place we live in, and its not just the last 12 years, its the last 40 years tbh.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I voted but it meant nothing in the end Conservative won because people hate Labour not because they like the Conservatives.

And I struggle with this whole Big Brother CCTV coverage thing I do not break the law so why should I care if I appear on 1 or 5000 video cameras a day. What I do care about is if someone stabs me in the street and its caught on CCTV there is a much higher chance of them getting caught than if there was no CCTV. Same with speed cameras do the speed limit and they could have one every 5 ft and it would not matter. It’s like people want to be allowed to break the laws they don’t like without the chance of getting caught. Maybe that’s just me though.

rynnor

Rockhound
The Mrs asked about the turnout when she voted about 2 hours before closing - they reckoned less than half their usually low turnout had voted - thats the real failure of this Parliament - the whole lot should go and we should start again.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
My wife reminded me of something today.
The Suffragettes caused huge problems for the governments at the beginning of the 20th century and all they wanted was universal suffrage (the right to vote for all adults). Some of them even died for their cause. Emily Davison threw herself under the King's horse in the 1913 Derby and was trampled.
By 1921, the govt of the day changed the law and effectively gave every adult the right to vote in parliamentary elections.
A bunch of women caused a ruckus and got the law changed.

Millions of people died in WW1 and WW2 to maintain our way of life.
65 years later and political engagement is at a record low. You have to ask the question "Why did all those people bother?" since generally speaking the electorate is so apathetic now.

rynnor

Rockhound
The world is controlled by elites - the UK Parliamentary system is pretty much designed to perpetuate itself and maintain the status quo - its hardly suprising that people who eventually realise this dont see much point in voting.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
I was unable to vote as I'm working away for the week and forgot to register for a postal vote :(

Poag

m00?
Millions of people died in WW1 and WW2 to maintain our way of life.
65 years later and political engagement is at a record low. You have to ask the question "Why did all those people bother?" since generally speaking the electorate is so apathetic now.

Could argue that they died to maintain the right of freedom. Rather than being marched down to the voting office to put your mark in the box, you have the choice to vote or not, I could go, and vote for someone I really dont know about [I dont own a TV so i dont get the party political broadcasts, i've not seen any political flyers come through the door...unless the Church counts as political] or base my opinions on what I read in the papers [They are all scum who fiddle the system to make money out of it]

Eitherway, most people who dont vote, myself included, dont vote because they are all goddam scum.
To use the most recent in a long history of this and past governments, 'Vote for who gets the fat expenses account' 'Vote for who gets a nice duck island' 'Vote for who gets to pad there bank with second home income'.

It boils, for me anyway, down to the fact that they are all just as bad as each other, so whats the difference. If i go an vote for one they'll go 'Oh things must be ok as they are voting....If i dont vote they might go 'Hmm people aren't voting. Could it be the people dont like us anymore?....Quick hand me another expenses form to pay my sister to research that'

/sarc ;)

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I didn't get any information on possible candidates for MEPs either; though the local ones were in the local paper. I looked it up before I left though and basically just read the home page of the website of all the parties I hadn't heard of that I could vote for; it's not the most politically informed way of doing it but I get a general gist of what the party is about.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Labour are getting spanked, brilliant :)

I wonder what Uncle Gordon makes of it all? Will he still be displaying his peado grin by Monday?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Got be a vote of no confidence in the next week or so. This looks like being a council bloodbath, no doubt the same at the Euros and the cabinet is imploding. August election?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I think the european results will be much much worse for labour than the council elections.

Uara

Part of the furniture
lol Council elections they've lost 4 councils, can see them potentially losing Cumbria as well!

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
If anyone can throw this opportunity away it is Cameron, I have faith in Labours ability to turn it round come the next general election.

I hope we start seeing the mp's from the other parties doing the right thing and stand down due to their scamming of expenses.

rynnor

Rockhound
I think Brown will stagger on because who would want to relieve command from the Captain of the Titanic. Any Labour politician with ambition will keep their head down and look to move once they are out at the next Parliament.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
If anyone can throw this opportunity away it is Cameron, I have faith in Labours ability to turn it round come the next general election.

I hope we start seeing the mp's from the other parties doing the right thing and stand down due to their scamming of expenses.

The problem is, the cabinet uncertainty is affecting the economy directly - have you seen the Pound today? Throw in the election bloodbath that's going to unfold over the weekend and even the most loyal labour apparatchik is going to see the writing on the wall.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yet the pound is still higher than it was a few weeks ago...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom