News Vote Vote Vote!!!

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Please vote today, its so important, please vote today and don't put an X by Labour in those boxes :D

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Thanks for the reminder you bastard :(

Thugz

Banned
Bah if it wasn't for labour being in control all these years we would be in a much worse mess. What do the other parties have to offer? Nah the real brains are still in the labour party. Who the hell cares if they cream a little off the top as they have been doing. Hell all these councilors and wotnot have been doing so forever. Just a perk of the job. Such a load of ballocks shouldn't cause anyone not to vote for Labour. Labour FTW!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Bah if it wasn't for labour being in control all these years we would be in a much worse mess. What do the other parties have to offer? Nah the real brains are still in the labour party. Who the hell cares if they cream a little off the top as they have been doing. Hell all these councilors and wotnot have been doing so forever. Just a perk of the job. Such a load of ballocks shouldn't cause anyone not to vote for Labour. Labour FTW!

Glad you like living in a Police State.

Thugz

Banned
Glad you like living in a Police State.

Would rather live with more police and control by authorities than have all the lunatics run the place. Police state? Hell it is hard work to find one where I live!

Mey

Part of the furniture
O come on get a grip, we are hardly a police state.

Vae

Resident Freddy
Trying not to respond to trolling but a few reasons people might not want to vote for labour:

State of the economy
Gordon Brown!
Huge rise in stealth taxes (and not so stealth taxes)
Huge rise in red tape and legislation (Nanny state)
Iraq War
Proposed legislation such as ID cards
12 years is too long to be in power - Parties get complacent and start to believe power is their's by right.

The expenses issue is one that affects all parties so it's unfair to tarnish just labour with it.

For the record I'm a floating voter without party affiliation and I'll judge each party/decision on it's merits. However there's no way I will be voting Labour now or at the next election.

In general Labour and Lib Dems tend to believe in larger government (they can spend your money more appropriately than you attitude) and a more tax and spend approach whereas the Tories tend to believe in a smaller government and that the best person to look after your money is yourself.
These tendancies have blurred a bit more recently with the shift of New Labour to the middle ground but the philosophies should still hold true.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Cant believe you guys are responding to that bad trolljob.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I don't get how it works, tbh - I looked up our area's candidates and there are hundreds - how many do we get to vote for, just one?

Edit: On a plus note, I did find the address of some local BNP person I can firebomb ;)

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I'll be voting if only because I've seen an unbelievable amount of people saying they are going to vote BNP/UKIP.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I will be voting UKIP. Yes I know they are pretty fucking useless but if they win some seats it will send a message that we do actually want the referendum that we were promised.

I also want Labour out, well not just out. I want them to do so badly at the next general election that they cease to exist.

DaGaffer

Would rather live with more police and control by authorities than have all the lunatics run the place. Police state? Hell it is hard work to find one where I live!

The Authorities and the police are the lunatics! ID Cards, 42 day detention, abuse of anti-terrorism powers for non-terrorist policing on an almost daily basis, the highest level of surveillance in the world (and demands for more from the police), the ridiculous Interception Modernisation Programme ("let's log the whole internet" ), policeman confiscating cameras, the list goes on; coupled with utter incompetence which means they don't even "protect us" (or our data) properly. Where the fuck have you been for the last decade? Narnia?

Will

/bin/su
I don't get how it works, tbh - I looked up our area's candidates and there are hundreds - how many do we get to vote for, just one?

Edit: On a plus note, I did find the address of some local BNP person I can firebomb ;)

BBC News said:
How will the elections be decided?

Council seats will be decided by the traditional first past the post system used at general elections where people get to choose between individual candidates. In the European elections, seats will be awarded to the parties in relation to the proportion of the vote they received in each region. So the party that wins the most votes will get the most MEPs, starting with the name at the top of its candidate list and working down.

There you go.

Embattle

FH is my second home
The Authorities and the police are the lunatics! ID Cards, 42 day detention, abuse of anti-terrorism powers for non-terrorist policing on an almost daily basis, the highest level of surveillance in the world (and demands for more from the police), the ridiculous Interception Modernisation Programme ("let's log the whole internet" ), policeman confiscating cameras, the list goes on; coupled with utter incompetence which means they don't even "protect us" (or our data) properly. Where the fuck have you been for the last decade? Narnia?

Not that I've any faith that any of the others can do any better or would of done much different if they were in power/majority, if you do then you might as well enjoy Narnia too :p

The reality is that party politics has again taken center stage and what is probably one of the biggest issues of faith in our MPs seems to be getting ignored by the very people who need to restore it. I expect the turnout to be low and the amount of people voting in anger to be high but this will probably be even more evident come the next general election.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I voted UKIP in the european elections, because I really think a federal europe is a terrible thing, especially without the transparency of the US federal system and with the EU constitution in its current form.

Funny story though, some old dear walks in while I'm voting and is told she hasn't registered to vote but to make sure she registers for next time.. The woman next to the guy who just told her this then pipes up with
"Don't worry dear it won't be long".

zing!

Litmus

Resident Freddy
23 now, never voted and never will.... all just about as corrupt as each other.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
23 now, never voted and never will.... all just about as corrupt as each other.

Thank you for making my informed vote count more due to your ignorance and stupidity!

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
So many people are campaigning and shouting that everyone must vote, as long as they don't vote for the BNP. They don't want the BNP representing Britain in any way shape or form.

What a ridiculous statement.

Whether we like it or not, the BNP do have a following. We live in a democracy. The BNP represent their follower's beliefs and plans (rightly or wrongly). Just because there is one political party that is actually capable of accurately reflecting and representing its supporters desires, we should actively vote to make sure they're not heard?

Maybe if the other political parties concentrated their efforts on actually reflecting and representing what people WANT, there wouldn't be this nonsense "go vote as long as it's not a bnp vote" that is floating around.

The reason I will not be voting today is there is no-one representing my views.

Thugz

Banned

Not sure I see a lot wrong with these points. A great many people are on the wrong side of the law and need such strong measures in place. 99.9% of the population will never be bothered by any of the above as long as they stay law abiding. One way or another we need to be controlled.

Thugz

Banned
Speak for yourself.

Well yes I suppose I do. I definitely need a heavy hand now and then or I do become too excitable but so do a lot of others. An argument is a form of this. Standing upto someone who rams some point or other down your throat (which I tend to do) makes that person rethink or consider something else. There is a great deal wrong with our society and in my mind the other way to counteract this is to have more responsible people in control. More or less boils down to more responsible policing in one form or another.

DaGaffer

Not that I've any faith that any of the others can do any better or would of done much different if they were in power/majority, if you do then you might as well enjoy Narnia too :p

There's a particularly nasty streak of paternalism in nuLab that loves this shit though, especially as the same tools can be used for stealth taxes (their favourite kind). Things would have been no bed of roses under the other lot true, but it strikes me we get the worst of both worlds with nuLab; extreme lefty statism (and a massive expansion of the public sector) without a major improvement in public services, coupled with levels of laissez-faire financial regulation that would put Maggie on her worst day to shame, whilst at the same time the highest levels of general business regulation ever.

DaGaffer

Well yes I suppose I do. I definitely need a heavy hand now and then or I do become too excitable but so do a lot of others. An argument is a form of this. Standing upto someone who rams some point or other down your throat (which I tend to do) makes that person rethink or consider something else. There is a great deal wrong with our society and in my mind the other way to counteract this is to have more responsible people in control. More or less boils down to more responsible policing in one form or another.

So my freedoms are restricted because you can't control yourself? And you don't see a problem with that?

Thugz

Banned
So my freedoms are restricted because you can't control yourself? And you don't see a problem with that?

Nope. Depends on what freedoms we are talking about. I am talking about my forum activities and being policed by mods. TDC has done a stirling job of curtailing my 'over the top' posts. YOUR freedoms haven't been affected in the least by any of my activities now have they yet I have been policed and you haven't - exactly my point.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I'll do as I always do and that will be voting labour. In fairness I have little faith in them but I have even less in any of the other parties. I would sooner run for election myself than give Cameron a chance of dragging us down further.

Non of the other parties are worth shit.

DaGaffer

Nope. Depends on what freedoms we are talking about. I am talking about my forum activities and being policed by mods. TDC has done a stirling job of curtailing my 'over the top' posts. YOUR freedoms haven't been affected in the least by any of my activities now have they yet I have been policed and you haven't - exactly my point.

That's the most feeble analogy I've ever heard. No-one's arguing for removal of a police force, but questioning why they have the powers they do and how they can and are being abused. If TDC's way of dealing with your infringements was to lock you up for 42 days because he had a suspicion you were going to commit an infringement, I think you'd feel a bit aggrieved.

If I'm taking a photograph in the street and a policeman tries to take my camera away under "anti-terrorism laws", my freedoms are being abused. If my personal data is stored by some random civil service department and then lost on a train (or worse used against me by a civil servant with a grudge) my freedoms are being abused. If I'm charged a hundred quid for an ID Card a neither want or need, my freedoms are being abused. And these things are just the tip of the iceberg; most nefarious of all is the sheer volume of new laws introduced by Labour, many of which contradict each other, and even scarier are designed to be vague so they can change things without reference to parliament through "regulation", so even if you exercise your democratic rights to vote these wankers out, the laws are set up to work independently of parliament.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I'll do as I always do and that will be voting labour. In fairness I have little faith in them but I have even less in any of the other parties. I would sooner run for election myself than give Cameron a chance of dragging us down further.

Non of the other parties are worth shit.

Same here for exactly the same reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom