Vote for your best tier

Which is the better tier for RvR for you? (Give reasons why please)

• Tier 1

Votes: 18 18.9%
  • Tier 2

Votes: 38 40.0%
  • Tier 3

Votes: 20 21.1%
  • Tier 4

Votes: 19 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
I have not made it as far as T4 yet. Have about 1 toon at the end of tier 2, one at the start of tier 3 and one at the end of tier 3.

There has been a lot posted about why the last tier is not good. So here is your chance.

Vote then explain your answer.

Which tier is best and why?

At the moment I prefer tier 3. There is a bigger zone and it takes the PvEr's that bit longer to break a keep so if you are fast enough the two doors make a big difference to ORvR. I also like how the classes I have seem to develop in this tier - healing is more effective and so on.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
T4 for me.

T1 is normally full of people just learning their class, so can be a bit frustrating. I'm not complaining about 'n00bs'.

T2 feels like somewhere in the middle of the game. Your class is starting to develop nicely etc. My second favourite.

T3 is my least favourite. It's a Tier I have aimed to get out of as quickly as possible. Granted, I havn't played it for a few months, but when I was, it was just TA TA TA LAVAGOLF. There were some nice keep take fights however, and by this point you have a fair idea about what your class will be like end-game.

T4 is my favourite. Everyone has fully learnt their class, they know what targets to pick out, level difference is generally minimal. I believe on K8P skill levels are pretty even, so there are some nice action like last night for example. I have issues with IC/Alt raids, but running in a GG was some of the best fun I've had in game.

Lollie

Loyal Freddie
i think its very class dependent, got an ib in T3 and is mucho fun knocking every one into lava but also have SH in T3 and it can be very fustrating.

Voted for T2, nothing is really over powered so seems to be a nice balance

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
T2 was most fun for me - classes getting some nice abilities and not too much of a CC-fest.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
T4 for me.

T1 is normally full of people just learning their class, so can be a bit frustrating. I'm not complaining about 'n00bs'.

T2 feels like somewhere in the middle of the game. Your class is starting to develop nicely etc. My second favourite.

T3 is my least favourite. It's a Tier I have aimed to get out of as quickly as possible. Granted, I havn't played it for a few months, but when I was, it was just TA TA TA LAVAGOLF. There were some nice keep take fights however, and by this point you have a fair idea about what your class will be like end-game.

T4 is my favourite. Everyone has fully learnt their class, they know what targets to pick out, level difference is generally minimal. I believe on K8P skill levels are pretty even, so there are some nice action like last night for example. I have issues with IC/Alt raids, but running in a GG was some of the best fun I've had in game.

This post saved me a lot of typing.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I picked t1 because, although it is annoying playing with healers who haven't yet worked out how to heal, I like that there is no reason to ever get in massive wbs. In t2+ you need wbs for taking/defending keeps and tbh I find small groups much more fun. A wb is generally still fun until it starts to get full and then it stops being about what individuals do and teamwork and people stop listening and it just turns into a zerg (in my experience).

twix112

Fledgling Freddie
T1 since it more or less contains ppl that are starting to learn how to play, someone makes a misstake everyone more or less "o well shit happends". If that happends in T2-3 and a tank makes a misstake the n00b word starts flying from left and right... Seems like in T1 people are out more to have fun than gaining the inf for their gear...

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Here's your answer.

Jesus you are kidding? I fell asleep in WoW so many times. Its the most god awful piece of shit game I have ever seen :/

Seriously I would prefer to play some sort of internet gay gang bang game. WoW is really shit.

Very poor comparison.w.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Jesus you are kidding? I fell asleep in WoW so many times. Its the most god awful piece of shit game I have ever seen :/

Seriously I would prefer to play some sort of internet gay gang bang game. WoW is really shit.

Very poor comparison.w.

That was my point? The fact Wize obviously dosen't like WAR at all, so I was pointing him to WoW, which dosen't have WAR's tiers.

I was telling him to f*ck off to WoW, basically.

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
Given your general virulance towards WAR, he's probably not the one that should be moving on ;)

Probably cus i was greatly disappointed what the game gave (yes, i was hoping for a DAoC 2 ) i need to lash out mkay! :p

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Lash away! But really, you can lash better than that I'm sure. Tell Pikeh he smells or something. Our server is several down the list from his and even WE can still smell him when we log on.

There's just no quality trolling any more. Nobody respects the old standards I tell you!

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
Lash away! But really, you can lash better than that I'm sure. Tell Pikeh he smells or something. Our server is several down the list from his and even WE can still smell him when we log on.

There's just no quality trolling any more. Nobody respects the old standards I tell you!

Well, think i need some better for that bashing *cough* manish *cough*
but thb.. if DF fails i will probably return to WAR .. or buy a xbox360 QQ

pikeh

Resident Freddy
So, Roo.

Now I know don't I.

My 'Sex Panther' cologne isn't having the desired effect.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Tiers.jpg

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
T2 for me so far.

Minimal CC, toons who have abilities that are beginning to go along a distinct path and thus make them a little bit different from each other, keeps to play with and decent varation in scen layouts.

It is nice to get a chance to play toons and make a difference rather than suffer a mass of CC and spend much time either flying from a KB or on your back with your legs in the air.

Wyst

Fledgling Freddie
All the tiers have plusses and minuses as far as I can see

Tier 1

I like the orvr zones quite a lot and the scenarios are quite fun. Main problem I have with T1 is that it tends to be over very fast, but that does mean whenever I start a new toon at least it is something to look forward to as long as there are enemies about

Tier 2

The orvr zones are quite nice, but you do need to either have a very organised group of people or a large zerg to take the keeps, they seem proportionally tougher than in other tiers. Scenarios are reasonably fun, though mourkain temple becomes fairly repetitious after a while. Classes start to flourish as you go through t2 and some get better at different rates which can be a bit frustrating and therefore so far T1>t2

Tier 3

This seems to be where the classes start to even out again as most of the essential abilities tend to all be available, but without some of the silly crap that goes on in t4. The orvr zones are nice enough, though having the dwarf split into 2 halves seems to mean that it gets permanantly ignored. Scenarios are OK, everyone eventually gets bored of lava pingpong and some of the others are great fun unless one side is very dominant, so this tier got my vote

Tier 4

Whilst I have undoubtedly had some good fun in t4, I mostly just find it a frustrating experience. While this is in part due to my own hardware difficiencies, it is also due to the relatively small size of the orvr zones and these zones seem much laggier than previous tiers. Most of the time the zergs are annoyingly prevalent. The scenarios are kind of fun, especially once SP gets locked out as I expect half the population are bored of that one now. The main issue I find with T4 is that, as the game has started to mature, xping through either orvr or scenarios is next to impossible in comparison to the earlier tiers. It is still feasible, particularly if you can handle running with the orvr zerg, but in scenarios it seems more likely you will run into fixed groups or premades who have a defence/offence zone lock to consider and one side or the other gets totally outclassed or you see a load of /region spam asking people not to queue for certain scenarios due to said lock attempt. And I havent even mentioned the disaster that is gold bag anni gear farming and the crappy messed up contribution system which is just beyond perplexing. Then there is fortress attacks which as much as anything else seems to be decided by which side lags less than the other. Having seen the best part of 4 defending wbs all ctd at the same time in a defence leaving the door open to the attackers, this part of the endgame is also severely broke imo. I realise that t4 is now where most people who play 15 hours + a week now are spending most of there time and that undoubtedly there is a lot of fun to be had, but I am not sure that all the people who had a blast levelling through t4 the first time, will have such a blast doing it again and are therefore not necessarily considering the whole picture as far as t4 is concerned.

Eventually the lower tiers will become all but deserted, which is a sad thing, and tier 4 will become even more crowded, which is also a bad thing in my opinion. Hopefully by then some of the issues I (we) have with T4 stuff will be sorted to make it more fun for everyone.

Sorry for the wall of text, but it is really all Sharky's fault for asking people to state the reasons, he knows me better than to ask that:)

Regards

Wyst

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
i voted t4.

thidranki is fun sometimes but damn.. after a day u really are glad u can zerg in emain again.

(i knowz its called nordenwatch and dragonwake but no care:p):flame:

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH

I thought we were talking about RvR and not PvP in scenarios?

If it's RvR then I think T3 was the best personally :>

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

yep, Tor Anroc pretty much fucks T3 over so badly i dont even bother doing scenarios there anymore.

ppl dont even bother to kill eachother most of the time. they just punt them into the lava for the giggles.

i really wonder wtf Mythic were smoking when they came up with that sad excuse for a map.

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
yep, Tor Anroc pretty much fucks T3 over ...

i really wonder wtf Mythic were smoking when they came up with that sad excuse for a map.

Got to admit Tor Anroc is as low on my list of scens as it can go. Forget tactics, forget assist, forget anything pretty much just punt peeps into the lava. Come on make it fun and make it balanced !

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
T4 is a pain as a healer, soft target, disabled or silenced then dead in 1-2 secs once they've noticed that enormous target you carry around strapped to your head. I remember the other tiers being much better. However fun wise T4 still wins by a mile, City raids, must more fun Orvr (feels more varied) and of course everyones characters are much more developed, meaning more diverse fights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom