[Vid] Solo champion film...

Adlatus Hellbringer

Fledgling Freddie
Ok guys so I decided to test out making a movie. This is my first atempt at making one and tbh ive not had a freaking clue!

I basically decided to dust of my elf chimp and see what this solo shit is all about ;p
I kitted him out a while back in a defensive pierce/shield template and he is currently rr3L8. I mostly die a lot in the vids as im still learning to play him and contemplating whether or not i should change to LW again :) I have ip2 for half of the fights but in some i don't. I was testing out the balance between active and passive ra's. Im only m1 aswell (ill be getting ml4 soon and then hopefuly ml10 not long after that).

Anyways... in mozzila firefox the movie tries to play in the window for sum reason (trying to get my host to change this) without giving u the option to save it. In IE it works fine. If using mozila just right clik the link and save it from there.

Its a shortish vid with long fights... enjoy!!!

www.mmorpg-videos.co.uk/Daoc_vids/sploosh.wmv

P.S. next time I will take way longer over making the next vid.... this was mainly a learning curve for me ;p

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
hmm, use endpots mate

pretty bad qual, bad music in my taste :/

Im sure next will be better, keep it up :)

Inso

One of Freddy's beloved
Does it have alot of footage of me chainkilling at bridge?

DLing.

(Can only remember one elph champ camping bridge, this an addfest vid?)

axlado

Fledgling Freddie
First of all...Use end pots...
Second.....The movie is 15mins long and u have on it 5 battles....Try on double speed maybe cause ppl borred to see....
Third...Didnt really liked the comments on movie...
Anyway for first try and as u mention its ok
I think illu has somewhere a guide on how to make a movie...

illu

Part of the furniture
Going to download your movie in a sec :>

The "guide" I did I think was a short explanation of the process my 3rd vid went through to make it -

"This movie was a mission to make! Made it completely in Moviemaker for it to come up with a saving error message. Moviemaker is notorious for being unreliable, I think I was lucky with the first 2 vids.

Learnt how to use Sony Vegas and eventually got the movie to the right size and sound and everything :>
Final process was:
Sorting 9 months of Fraps and Gamecam clips
Pre-compressed (Fraps) xvid clips -> moviemaker -> wmv files (As Sony Vegas didn't like them being pre-compressed).
Gamecam files -> wmv
All files into Sony Vegas.
Sony Vegas -> uncompressed render of video and audio = 74Gb (!)
74Gb -> VirtualDub -> xvid 2-pass (tutorial is somewhere on FH) with uncompressed sound -> 607mb file
607mb file -> Virtual Dub -> Lame mp3 cbr -> 350mb file."

Ok going to download your vid now :>

Oli - Illu

illu

Part of the furniture
Nice speed on the download :>

Not a bad first vid :) Quality was good enough, and we got to see a brief insight into a champ's life out in RvR.

A few things could have been a little better. I think the editing could have been improved a little, when you were mezzed - that was a prime time to speed the movie up to the end of the mezz :>
Definitely like the others said - get end pots and maybe second wind to make you fight better.
Names of opponents is always nice to see and it personalizes the fights. I couldn't read the weeny writing in the window to see who you were bashing :>
I would be tempted to put the torch on if you are recording fights, or maybe just when you start fighting (if you don't want people to see you) because the dwarf fight I only really saw 2 health bars moving up and down - and I swear you were going to win that fight and the dwarf came back at the end and nicked it! :(

Not bad at all though for your first attempt.
Looking forward to the next one, nice multiple fights and more fights with end! :>

Oli - Illu

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
very weird spec(why not join the dark side with high lw + valor + parry + banespike + battler debuff + best rr5 ra in game), weird weapon choice(basically traitors dagger suxx, but it was refreshing to see somebody not using battler/malice/cl weap).. music wasnt my taste but you cant make it good for everyone. anyway it was really interesting, smooth and nice, looking forward to the next.

Jorof

Loyal Freddie
Didn't watch the whole thing but from what i can see in the first 8 mins or so all your enemies where rr3 or less. Long fights are boring, need to speed them up especially when nothing interesting happens. I want to see you fighting rr6+ decent soloer's when they give it all they have and you still come out on top. Damn, wish i had recorded some of the fights i've had over the times.

Adlatus Hellbringer

Fledgling Freddie
Righthandof said:
very weird spec(why not join the dark side with high lw + valor + parry + banespike + battler debuff + best rr5 ra in game), weird weapon choice(basically traitors dagger suxx, but it was refreshing to see somebody not using battler/malice/cl weap)

Basically I wanted to try something different from the norm. I wanted to theme the template in a defensive way around what usualy would be an offensive tank. For this reason arties like harpy cloak, belt of the oglidarsh and traitors all found themselves in the temp for the sole purpose of keeping me a live longer. The current temp im using gives me +11 to piercing so thats the reason i went 42 instead of 50 in piercing. Also i tend to disagree with peeps who say Traitors sucks. If it procs a few times (as you can see sometimes it procs up to 6 times) in a battle your dps racks up considerably and saves u from using RA's such as ip for a little longer. When fighting mulitple targets this rox as u can pretty much keep peeps interupted once it has procced.

My new temp will be an any weapon one and im looking at using bladeshadow for higher dmg output and sexy disease :)

Ty for ur comments so far... end pots and using 'stick' to position myself better are things i need to improve on. Im gonna go battlemaster aswell instead of banelord. Power/endurance sapping will come in handy against those pesky valks out there methinks :p and grapple+ a few td procs maybe nice....

Neways as soon a the servers are up lets the soloing commence :D

Adlatus Hellbringer

Fledgling Freddie
Jorof said:
Didn't watch the whole thing but from what i can see in the first 8 mins or so all your enemies where rr3 or less. Long fights are boring, need to speed them up especially when nothing interesting happens. I want to see you fighting rr6+ decent soloer's when they give it all they have and you still come out on top. Damn, wish i had recorded some of the fights i've had over the times.

Tbh m8 im only rr3l8 meself and i know my limits :p I doubt id do well against a tank who has access to purge 2 and ip 2 aswell as ml10 etc...

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
nice vid adla m8 :D

i liked it, made me wanna play my luri champ again :D

Ffade

Fledgling Freddie
gj mate! :)
also i love the long fights! :D

yeah buy some barrels heal,endu,pow

Eredrin

Fledgling Freddie
Adlatus Hellbringer said:
Basically I wanted to try something different from the norm. I wanted to theme the template in a defensive way around what usualy would be an offensive tank. For this reason arties like harpy cloak, belt of the oglidarsh and traitors all found themselves in the temp for the sole purpose of keeping me a live longer. The current temp im using gives me +11 to piercing so thats the reason i went 42 instead of 50 in piercing. Also i tend to disagree with peeps who say Traitors sucks. If it procs a few times (as you can see sometimes it procs up to 6 times) in a battle your dps racks up considerably and saves u from using RA's such as ip for a little longer. When fighting mulitple targets this rox as u can pretty much keep peeps interupted once it has procced.

My new temp will be an any weapon one and im looking at using bladeshadow for higher dmg output and sexy disease :)

Ty for ur comments so far... end pots and using 'stick' to position myself better are things i need to improve on. Im gonna go battlemaster aswell instead of banelord. Power/endurance sapping will come in handy against those pesky valks out there methinks :p and grapple+ a few td procs maybe nice....

Neways as soon a the servers are up lets the soloing commence :D

If you're aiming for lots of defensive tools get a SoK (lovely proc) or use the champ piercer (has a nice /use2 ability). Also I notice you're using the BW chain, that's a damn end drainage and the dmg is quite crap too, use the taunt imo :) Besides since you're 50 shield why not use brutalize, way less end consuming than slam!
I'd anyhow go 50 pierce 42 shield 39 valor if I would ever try such a thing since you'll need all the WS you can get, or 44 pierce 42 shield 39 valor 24 parry sounds interesting!

Reignfire

One of Freddy's beloved
If you are piercespec then Weaponwise IMO BMF there is no other piercer that can match it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom