Vampiir spec, highish dem

Nix

Fledgling Freddie
Thinking of trying out the following spec, but wouldn't want to spend plats on respeccing, so I'll ask for opinions & critique first :)

41 Dementia: High claw, good melee&magic resists, good debuffs, good mezz
21 VE: 30% fumble, small stealth lore, decent WS buff & evade
13 or 18 SM: decent end tap, crap HoT, small parry & haste boost
45 or 43 pierce: Haven't decided if I take all the called shots or bit higher SM

Opinions? Are the called shots worth wasting higher HoT & parry & haste?

Dementia seems to be the fotm spec atm, all I'm missing from 38SM/32VE is the high HoT really...

Nix

Fledgling Freddie
Nix said:
...clip... Dementia seems to be the fotm spec atm, all I'm missing from 38SM/32VE is the high HoT really...

Hmmm, strange sentence, wrote it in kind of a hurry...

I was just wondering if high dementia resists make up for the defensive losses you lose from high end VE & SM. I'll still have little parry% & evade% if needed, and HoT isn't much of a lifesaver in RvR, right?

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
in us they seem to love 43p 41dem 28sm.
28sm is nice for end tap, 100hp hot, 27% haste and some parry while from 21ve only lvl20 ws buff is worth to use since the 30% fumble debuff is very veery unreliable, not to mention the resist rates on a lvl 21 spell

now for 41dem u need to think more at the resist rates... the claw will be resisted quite some time and the same goes for the debuffs ... tbh is really fucked that vamps cannot get mastery of focus

i know that from my own xp since i was 40sm and really hated when lvl40 snare was resisted at 1st pulse and the runner got out of range because of that.

Nix

Fledgling Freddie
anioal said:
now for 41dem u need to think more at the resist rates... the claw will be resisted quite some time and the same goes for the debuffs ... tbh is really fucked that vamps cannot get mastery of focus

Are you sure that the resist rates will be that terrible? That would crush my dreams of an effective tri-spec :( Sometimes it seems to me that my chanter's base stun is resisted as often as my menty's level 28 mezz, so I had high hopes on mid-level spell resists...

And btw VE has the evade buff too, nice bonus if you want to use diamondback now and then!

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
the resists are not that terrible, but will happen more often then u will want to

imo if u want to go dem or ve go for 48spec, else get 34 or 40sm and use sm claws since resist rates on sm claws, startin with the one at 34, are nonexistent.

Nix

Fledgling Freddie
anioal said:
the resists are not that terrible, but will happen more often then u will want to

Heh, that happens even with level 50 spells ;)

anioal said:
imo if u want to go dem or ve go for 48spec, else get 34 or 40sm and use sm claws since resist rates on sm claws, startin with the one at 34, are nonexistent.

SM claw resists were fixed in 1.76, at least according to patch notes.

48 spec sounds a bit scary as red vamp spells tend to cost awful lot of mana... I'd also like to have medium-low augmenting VE spec to help out in fights against stealthers and shield tanks (fumble, SL and WS to pass defenses)... Damn this is hard, been working my head off with vamp specs since Cata release, wish we had a test server :D

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
Nix said:
SM claw resists were fixed in 1.76, at least according to patch notes.

yes, according to the patch notes, sm claws below lvl 34 will get a chance to be resisted but not those at 34, 40 and 49 sm spec

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
I'm 48ve 43p 13sm, have been from the start so I can't comment on another spec.

However, I find high VE to be amazing for my playstyle at least. My weaponskill goes over 2300 and the 40% evade is crazy. The top claw hits for 250-300 on average every 1.7s after i ramp up, so it's not something I'd go without.

Fumble debuff is really nice for multiple opponents, or even in solo fights ofc, the landing rate is about 77% if I remember correctly from some tests someone posted few months back.

Don't be afraid to go in the high 40s in a spec. Most of the fights don't last long enough for you to put up all your buffs anyway :p

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Gear said:
Don't be afraid to go in the high 40s in a spec. Most of the fights don't last long enough for you to put up all your buffs anyway :p

very true, just spamm claw and eyeshot chain and youll do fine :p

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Kaun_IA said:
very true, just spamm claw and eyeshot chain and youll do fine :p

Yeah, something like that :p Lines are just the same as long as you got T3H claw :p

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
Incidentally at high RR, 48 dem is kinda intersting 1v1.

Need to get: ml10 bl, ip2 purge1-2 charge2 reflex attack3 first aid2, run with BB haste and resists and I promise you'll make people cry.

With 48 dem + bb resists you can emote to casters while they moc lt you for <100 dmg (had a sm ltiing for like 47 dmg), and the reflex attack 3 is actually kinda nice when you're dem spec, especially vs multiple opponants.

Still 48ve is more my kind of thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom