valentines day!?

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
You're all so fucking cynical xD

Personally I don't mind Valentines day in the slightest. I havn't been with my girlfriend for a year yet (try about 2 months) so there's no anniversary to celebrate just yet :p And being I'm a totally fucking wuss when it comes to this sort of stuff, I have a real problem even saying "love you" let alone thinking up spontaneous ways to show her how much i like her. Valentines is a decent excuse to make a bit of effort and hopefully get the message across.

I was like that for the first couple of months.

Thankfully my gf is very easy to please. She's more of a romancer than a spoilt girl. ^^ However, for our 1 year anniversary in ~25 days, we're still off for an expensive meal :D

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
You're all so fucking cynical xD

Personally I don't mind Valentines day in the slightest. I havn't been with my girlfriend for a year yet (try about 2 months) so there's no anniversary to celebrate just yet :p And being I'm a totally fucking wuss when it comes to this sort of stuff, I have a real problem even saying "love you" let alone thinking up spontaneous ways to show her how much i like her. Valentines is a decent excuse to make a bit of effort and hopefully get the message across.

FUCKING LOL.

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
You are all missing the true meaning of valentines day.

It's to head into town and pick up all the girls who are depressed and have low self esteem because they're alone on valentines day.

Well that's what i'll be doing. :(

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
You are all missing the true meaning of valentines day.

It's to head into town and pick up all the girls who are depressed and have low self esteem because they're alone on valentines day.

Well that's what i'll be doing. :(

thats what i said! :<

tho i agree with nikonL, or i can see what his point is anyway. if thats how you feel then its a good day for you. but as calaen stated romance is about being spontanous, thats why those 2 dont mix well, imo.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It's simple:

Dating/married couples think of it as a nice day.

Single people, like to tell the dating/married couples to f*ck off :D

So umm...to all you lovebirds out there, remember when you go out with your special someone, buy candy, eat a lovely candlelit dinner, make out in the moonlight and wonder what the future holds for you...

I'll be jerking my tireiron and thinking about you! Aaaaaahahahahhahaha!! That'll f*ck your mind up. Now you can't NOT think about it.

Calaen

It's simple:

Dating/married couples think of it as a nice day.

Single people, like to tell the dating/married couples to f*ck off :D

So umm...to all you lovebirds out there, remember when you go out with your special someone, buy candy, eat a lovely candlelit dinner, make out in the moonlight and wonder what the future holds for you...

I'll be jerking my tireiron and thinking about you! Aaaaaahahahahhahaha!! That'll f*ck your mind up. Now you can't NOT think about it.

lol I am married and I think its pesh :p Would probably be interesting if I got asked by a mysterious female to be her valentine though.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
the point is why do big business have to tell these people to do this or that, and on top of that add 50% extra to the price of the things you normally would buy your bitch/boyfriend ?

NikonL

Fledgling Freddie
but as calaen stated romance is about being spontanous, thats why those 2 dont mix well, imo.

I don't agree with that really. Yes spontinuity (word?) can help you to be romantic, but that doesn't mean that something HAS to be spontaneous in order to be romantic. I'm not really that spontaneous as far as i know but I could still plan a good romantic evening if i tried. I think Calaen has been watching too many Hugh Grant movies, where they spout out perfect "spontaneous" love speeches and win the girl back etc.

Calaen

I don't agree with that really. Yes spontinuity (word?) can help you to be romantic, but that doesn't mean that something HAS to be spontaneous in order to be romantic. I'm not really that spontaneous as far as i know but I could still plan a good romantic evening if i tried. I think Calaen has been watching too many Hugh Grant movies, where they spout out perfect "spontaneous" love speeches and win the girl back etc.

Actually it does not take anything special to be romantic, when I proposed to my wife I wrote her a poem and read it to her while on one knee by the side of a lake with swans swimming by us.

I do not consider myself a romantic either but making your partner smile and feel wanted is a day to day thing not 1 day a year.

NikonL

Fledgling Freddie
the point is why do big business have to tell these people to do this or that, and on top of that add 50% extra to the price of the things you normally would buy your bitch/boyfriend ?

eh?

Card: £2.50
Flowers: £25
Chocolates (O/E): £5-10.

I got my card from WHSmith and the flowers from Inter Flora.. and theyre not really 50% extra? those are pretty much the prices you'll pay all year round. And chocolates you can get from Thorntons, where the prices stay static as well?

Can i just say im not trying to plug valentines day as if its the best day of the year, i just dont understand why theres so much hate towards it. (i've got a theory, but it revolves around bitternerss and jealousy, which im sure you'll all hotly deny, so there must be another reason). I also find it quite funny that the real big nay-sayers to this harmless day are the same people you see screaming "OMG FUXING MUSLIMS STOPPING US FROM HAVING CHRISTMAS WE JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN" come the 25th December...

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
eh?

I got my card from WHSmith and the flowers from Inter Flora.. and theyre not really 50% extra? those are pretty much the prices you'll pay all year round. And chocolates you can get from Thorntons, where the prices stay static as well?

Can i just say im not trying to plug valentines day as if its the best day of the year, i just dont understand why theres so much hate towards it. (i've got a theory, but it revolves around bitternerss and jealousy, which im sure you'll all hotly deny, so there must be another reason). I also find it quite funny that the real big nay-sayers to this harmless day are the same people you see screaming "OMG FUXING MUSLIMS STOPPING US FROM HAVING CHRISTMAS WE JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN" come the 25th December...

£25 on fuckin flowers?

I spent £3.50 on a single rose and even then I qq'ed about the price. :)

NikonL

Fledgling Freddie
£25 on fuckin flowers?

I spent £3.50 on a single rose and even then I qq'ed about the price. :)

Yeah but you have a paper round dude. :) I've seen people spend £25 in 30 minutes on booze, so when you side by side it, it doesnt seem that crazy.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
oh for gods sake lol

1) i dont need a special day to tell my bf i love him or for him to tell me we tell eachother whenever we like

2) no one forces you to go and spent loads on cards and flowers and stuff, if you want to do if you don't then don't if your partner can't deal with it and your not willing to accomodate them they're not right for you

3) i had never had a bf on valentines day until i met my bf and i hated it everyone going on and on about it it made me feel sick, angrey, sad blah blah

ok

however now i have someone i love who loves me back its great it just an extra little special day like easter or halloween, im not christian but man i love them choccy eggs and im not a pagan but i do like to carve pumpkins.

I really enjoy valentines day and it doesnt hurt anyone so stop moaning about it lol if you dont like it phone out for pizza and watch a horror movie, no one forces you to do it!

i saw a guy perched on a fence post at lunch time writing out a valentines card and thought it was lovely, its just a nice day.

this year for Valentines day i got B2 a card and a white choccy heart on a stick because he likes white chocolate, i got him a small glass pipe in the shape of a tortoise and gave him it on friday night because he was off for a smoke but that was his valentines gift, also i got some special sexy red drawers and am going to do a lil dance for him tomorrow when i get home at 1pm hehehe after that the day is up to him to plan so i dont know what we're doing, dont care tbh as long as we're together we'll make it special.

Calaen

eh?

I am neither bitter or jealous. I also do not care about Muslims. Is there another option :)

Calaen

also i got some special sexy red drawers and am going to do a lil dance for him tomorrow when i get home at 1pm hehehe after that the day is up to him to plan so i dont know what we're doing, dont care tbh as long as we're together we'll make it special.

Tbh I think we need a FH picture check on those sexies just to judge ofc.

Gamah

Banned
Both me and the GF dislike Valantines. It's a pointless fucking day and I see it as "every day should be speical" I will however buy gf flowers as I don't normally buy her flowers (my bad :()

Spending the night in with a take away and a good film.

NikonL

Fledgling Freddie
I am neither bitter or jealous. I also do not care about Muslims. Is there another option :)

Well i don't know, thats what I was saying. Maybe there is another real reason why so many people hate Valentine's day, but I'm not sure what it is.

Yes you can claim to hate the cheesy, heart & teddy bear covered commercial cards you get, or the bargain basement chocolates in a heart shaped box etc but it's quite possible to have a great valentines day WITHOUT any of those things, so that can't be the only reason surely?

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah but you have a paper round dude. :) I've seen people spend £25 in 30 minutes on booze, so when you side by side it, it doesnt seem that crazy.

EXCUSE ME.

I now work on the tills in the newsagents!! :p

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
eh?

relavant danish newspaper wrote an article about flower prices going up due to valentine... ill find article but it wont help ya understand it :p
http://politiken.dk/indland/article244253.ece

it reads that the dutchs rose gardeners are pushing the price to double.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
3) i had never had a bf on valentines day until i met my bf and i hated it everyone going on and on about it it made me feel sick, angrey, sad blah blah

however now i have someone i love who loves me back its great it just an extra little special day like easter or halloween

There ya go. Even the loveydovey ones hated it at one point :D

It's not really about hating it, or liking it.

For those that are dating, it's a "special" day, EVEN if you don't do sh*T, you still know it's valentines and feel a bit more fuzzydovey.

To those who arn't seeing anyone, it's an "in your face your single!" reminder.

Well, to me it's an extra drinking day so i'm happy :D

Gamah

Banned
relavant danish newspaper wrote an article about flower prices going up due to valentine... ill find article but it wont help ya understand it :p
http://politiken.dk/indland/article244253.ece

it reads that the dutchs rose gardeners are pushing the price to double.

And? If you walk into a pub on a Wednesday evening the drinks will be far cheaper than a Friday night. Its been happenig in business for years, it makes sense to do it from a profit POV.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
And? If you walk into a pub on a Wednesday evening the drinks will be far cheaper than a Friday night. Its been happenig in business for years, it makes sense to do it from a profit POV.

did you see what i qouted? thanks, read it again and understand why i posted it. i didnt claim anything about it

Gamah

Banned
did you see what i qouted? thanks, read it again and understand why i posted it. i didnt claim anything about it

No mate I didn't, I wasn't jiving at you. I was saying why is it in the news..its pretty much regular practice of the supply and demad model.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
No mate I didn't, I wasn't jiving at you. I was saying why is it in the news..its pretty much regular practice of the supply and demad model.

Jiving... what a rox word. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom