valentines day!?

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
Am i a blind tard (most likely) or is there no valentines thread?

what are you getting your loved one?! what are you doing on the day?!

pip

Banned
It's a rip of day, buy these flowers for £1000 and give em to your loveone :puke:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well.

*cough*

I guess i'll, wake up, scratch my balls and wish them a happy valentines.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
I have a set of chocolates & a personalised card being ordered to my gf on the Wednesday morning by one of those guys who drive the vans ^^

Unfortunately, i'm working wednesday and I've had to make that up to my gf by taking her to see Music & Lyrics on thursday. Oh how shit that film looks xD

Our main meal etc. is on Saturday where we're off to a nice restaurant which do all-you-can-eat roast dinner closely followed by a film, candles & some other romantic shit at my gf's house.

Not too bad all in all :D

Off to buy flowers & a card as we speak too.

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
I'm doing nothing as I've fallen out with my hand.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
go out, picking up one of them girls who are sad of not having a loved one on valentine, pft so easy :p

p.s. not really, doing a shit assignment and just got ill -.-

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I have a set of chocolates & a personalised card being ordered to my gf on the Wednesday morning by one of those guys who drive the vans ^^

Unfortunately, i'm working wednesday and I've had to make that up to my gf by taking her to see Music & Lyrics on thursday. Oh how shit that film looks xD

Our main meal etc. is on Saturday where we're off to a nice restaurant which do all-you-can-eat roast dinner closely followed by a film, candles & some other romantic shit at my gf's house.

Not too bad all in all :D

Off to buy flowers & a card as we speak too.

While I admire your effort :) This is all that is wrong with Valentines day now.

NikonL

Fledgling Freddie
Card + Flowers for my gf. Slightly concerned that no-one is going to be around in her house when the delivery guy turns up and so he's just going to leave one of those pointless note things that will ruin the romance. But can't really be helped.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
While I admire your effort :) This is all that is wrong with Valentines day now.

What do you mean, 'now' ?

Valentines day was manufactured by the greetings card companies to fill a low spot in their sales, just like Mothers/Father's days.

Personally, we'll be going to see Hot Fuzz.

Darzil

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
People have forgotten the REAL reaosn behind this day so badly...

click

It ain't about flowers and hugs, it's about Tommy guns and Thugs :D

NikonL

Fledgling Freddie
Valentines day isnt about pandering to the greetings cards industry. Its about doing/getting something that you know your s/o will enjoy? Just because there ARE horrible chavvy valentines day cards that may as well give up on subtlety and have a free condom taped to the inside, doesnt mean you HAVE to buy it. There are plenty of nice cards, and plenty of nice gifts that arent cliche or trite.

In the end Valentines day could be viewed like Christmas. How many of you do your christmas shopping, while thinking about how the three wise men bought gifts to jesus? Im relatively certain you just buy people gifts because you want to do something nice for them because Christmas is a "special" time of year. People need special time's of the year to serve as markers imo.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Valentines day isnt about pandering to the greetings cards industry. Its about doing/getting something that you know your s/o will enjoy? Just because there ARE horrible chavvy valentines day cards that may as well give up on subtlety and have a free condom taped to the inside, doesnt mean you HAVE to buy it. There are plenty of nice cards, and plenty of nice gifts that arent cliche or trite.

In the end Valentines day could be viewed like Christmas. How many of you do your christmas shopping, while thinking about how the three wise men bought gifts to jesus? Im relatively certain you just buy people gifts because you want to do something nice for them because Christmas is a "special" time of year. People need special time's of the year to serve as markers imo.

but why do there need to me 100 special days a year? making me puke.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
if you are lucky enough to be in love with someone that loves you back, why do you need a special day to show it?

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
if you are lucky enough to be in love with someone that loves you back, why do you need a special day to show it?

proberly something to do with the gf's love this shit an the bf's thinks hey if i do this i maybe get some speciel loveing :sex:

Marc

FH is my second home
Ive bought Calaen some nice underwear from La Senza. Hes gonna model it for me tonight

Vladamir

FH is my second home
WARNING!!!! FOOTBALL REFERENCE INC!!!

s/o = special one?

i dont wanna give jose mourinho flowers :(

You know you wanna :D

Dukat said:
As opposed to vlad, who wakes up, scratches their balls and then wishes them a happy valentines :p

What have i done to deserve this :mad:

Calaen

What do you mean, 'now' ?

Valentines day was manufactured by the greetings card companies to fill a low spot in their sales, just like Mothers/Father's days.

Personally, we'll be going to see Hot Fuzz.

Darzil

Hot Fuzz as well tbh

Megarevs

Loyal Freddie

Me and my GF allready have one special day (the day we met eachother), Valentinesday is just some capitalistic day imo. Made by companies so they can earn some more money!

Huntingtons said:
but why do there need to me 100 special days a year? making me puke.
same

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief

its another corporate scam like christmas. why do you need a day to prompt you to show affection?

any other given day and the prices of 'special' things are like 50% cheaper :p

Calaen

its another corporate scam like christmas. why do you need a day to prompt you to show affection?

My main point about Bugz post was, it was no longer the day, it was going out tomorrow after giving cards and flowers, then at the weekend a romantic meal plus blad de blah. People really need to get over themselves. If your partner throws a fit throw them out.

Me and my wife give each other nothing for valentines day its horse shit.

If I want to show my wife how much I love her I will do it on any day of the year. Its all about the surprise of receiving flowers or balloons with I love you on on a random day. Not the day they tell you to do it, its no fun.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I don't really care if it's corporate or not, it's a fun lil thing of the year. Just to break the pattern.

Enjoy it, don't, hate it, love it...hope you all get laid :D

NikonL

Fledgling Freddie
You're all so fucking cynical xD

Personally I don't mind Valentines day in the slightest. I havn't been with my girlfriend for a year yet (try about 2 months) so there's no anniversary to celebrate just yet :p And being I'm a totally fucking wuss when it comes to this sort of stuff, I have a real problem even saying "love you" let alone thinking up spontaneous ways to show her how much i like her. Valentines is a decent excuse to make a bit of effort and hopefully get the message across.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom